Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fury and Darting Blow are both passive A skills. Either way, Life and Death is superior if you have the resources, but Fury and Darting Blow are both fine if you're on a budget.

Hone skills are generally better than Threaten skills in the C slot unless you're on a tight budget.

A Vantage build on Nowi benefits most probably from Triangle Adept due the single-hit firepower it gives against red opponents. However, that also leaves you vulnerable to Cancel Affinity. Fury also works well with Vantage to both boost her stats and help her enter Vantage range a bit faster.

Quick Riposte or Swordbreaker is more common on Nowi, though, as Quick Riposte gets her more one-round kills by guaranteeing a double attack and Swordbreaker helps her deal with Falchion users that otherwise destroy her if you aren't running Triangle Adept.

Fury>Vantage>Threaten Res? I would have liked B Tome breaker but I want to try Vantage on her.. She seems to last at least one round. 

Edited by Shem

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MrSmokestack and @XRay,

I went with Swap for Lukas. And an Ignis came from F!Robin. Here's hoping have 1 less B Tomebreaker source doesn't bite me.

As for Anna, eh... She's the only other infantry axe besides Hawkeye with good resistance. After that, it's just Arthur who stat-wise, is a jack of all trades, but by default is anti-lance unit and Tikini who just hits really damn hard. It's a weird spot since she's probably more reliable than Hawkeye even if her resistance isn't as high since she never gets doubled unless someone's running Axebreaker, Quick Riposte to double back, or somehow has 43 speed. High resistance, fairly fast, bulky axe infantry probably won't happen until Libra or maybe Echidna if they go with a stat spread like that for her.

Anyway, apparently Draconic Aura and Luna are kind of interchangeable for her if she's running L&D3 and Desperation. If nobody has Fury 3, DA has a slight lead in results, but if people have Fury, Luna has a slight lead. If you add +4 to her attack, DA ends up being better. Without buffs, it's a decision of do you hate Leo (DA) or do you hate Cherche and Michalis (Luna). Everything else is pretty much the same.

I'm just gonna put Anna on hold for now.

I need help deciding a B skill for my Spring Cami on my Flier Emblem team. Currently, she holds Gronnblade, Drawback, Luna, Iote's Shield, Live for Bounty (still need to get rid of it), and Fortify Fliers. The current choices I have been thinking about are Vantage or Renewal.

Since I'm rather biased, I want to use normal adult Tiki, since Tikini is already one of my mvp's. Her nature is +Hp -Def (all of my Heroes are either +HP or -Atk I swear), so I don't think I can use her defensively, so I was playing around with the idea of turning her into an offensive threat. Would that be viable, or should I just roll for a better nature?

6 minutes ago, Thane said:

Since I'm rather biased, I want to use normal adult Tiki, since Tikini is already one of my mvp's. Her nature is +Hp -Def (all of my Heroes are either +HP or -Atk I swear), so I don't think I can use her defensively, so I was playing around with the idea of turning her into an offensive threat. Would that be viable, or should I just roll for a better nature?

Usually for units that require the feather investment to reach 5*, I'd recommend waiting for a good nature before starting to work on them. They're easy(easier) to pull multiple copies of, so you can easily get a better natured one before spending SI and feather resources.

Back to adult Tiki, she can be offensively threatening, but it basically requires you to sacrifice baby Tiki for Flametongue, since adult Tiki doesn't really make good use of Lightnig Breath (lower Might, she is a poor counter to mages, and the -1 special charge hurts). And even so, she wants to have her Def and HP intact to maintain her frontline presence.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Usually for units that require the feather investment to reach 5*, I'd recommend waiting for a good nature before starting to work on them. They're easy(easier) to pull multiple copies of, so you can easily get a better natured one before spending SI and feather resources.

Yeah I know. I'm just rather impatient, but I might just spend it either on Clarisse, since she's a GHB hero and doesn't have a nature, or Lon'qu, who's got +Ak -Res. 

So what would you say is the ideal nature for an adult Tiki, defensive or offensive?

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Back to adult Tiki, she can be offensively threatening, but it basically requires you to sacrifice baby Tiki for Flametongue, since adult Tiki doesn't really make good use of Lightnig Breath (lower Might, she is a poor counter to mages, and the -1 special charge hurts). And even so, she wants to have her Def and HP intact to maintain her frontline presence.

I see. Thanks a lot for the info!

13 minutes ago, Thane said:

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

And even so, she wants to have her Def and HP intact to maintain her frontline presence.

I'm not seeing how 32 Def is not usable defensively.

That said, as a character that can be summoned at 3-star and 4-star rarity, I'd personally wait for a better nature roll unless you don't mind spending the 20,000 feathers to promote a second one for merging when you get a better roll.

Awakening Tiki has low Spd and no access to Brave weapons, meaning you're going to have to rely on Triangle Adept or a Weaponbreaker to land kills on player phase (56 Atk with Flametongue+ and Death Blow isn't killing much at neutral weapon triangle without being able to double attack).

She has more options as an enemy phase unit with Lightning Breath+, Flametongue+, Distant Counter (for bows with Flametongue+), Distant Def (for bows with Lightning Breath+), Close Def, Triangle Adept, Fury, and Quick Riposte.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That said, as a character that can be summoned at 3-star and 4-star rarity, I'd personally wait for a better nature roll unless you don't mind spending the 20,000 feathers to promote a second one for merging when you get a better roll.

Awakening Tiki has low Spd and no access to Brave weapons, meaning you're going to have to rely on Triangle Adept or a Weaponbreaker to land kills on player phase (56 Atk with Flametongue+ and Death Blow isn't killing much at neutral weapon triangle without being able to double attack).

She has more options as an enemy phase unit with Lightning Breath+, Flametongue+, Distant Counter (for bows with Flametongue+), Distant Def (for bows with Lightning Breath+), Close Def, Triangle Adept, Fury, and Quick Riposte.

Thanks a lot for those tips. Sounds like Triangle Adept is vital, then. I've got a four star Hinata for Fury as well, which could be used to beef up her stats (though won't that reduce her enemy phase potential?).

Also, one final question: what natures would you recommend? It sounds like she needs everything. Maybe just get -Speed since she's not doubling anyone anyway?

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

32 Def isn't bad, but if you're knowingly going into a 20k feather investment with something you know you can get a better version of, then clearly you want that Def intact instead. If adult Tiki was a 5* exclusive and he's hurting for a 5* red, then of course he should just live with it.

4 minutes ago, Thane said:

Thanks a lot for those tips. Sounds like Triangle Adept is vital, then. I've got a four star Hinata for Fury as well, which could be used to beef up her stats (though won't that reduce her enemy phase potential?).

Also, one final question: what natures would you recommend? It sounds like she needs everything. Maybe just get -Speed since she's not doubling anyone anyway?

She wants +Atk or +Def, and either -Spd or -Res works.

4 hours ago, KongDude said:

I need help deciding a B skill for my Spring Cami on my Flier Emblem team. Currently, she holds Gronnblade, Drawback, Luna, Iote's Shield, Live for Bounty (still need to get rid of it), and Fortify Fliers. The current choices I have been thinking about are Vantage or Renewal.

Get rid of Iote's Shield. There are so many skills better than Shield skills.

S!Camilla +Spd -Def
Gronnblade, Ardent Sacrifice
Life and Death, Desperation
Hone Flier Buff
Player Phase 125:9:18
Player Phase (29/39HP) 132:3:17
Player Phase (Daggerbreaker) 126:9:17
Player Phase (Fortify Flier) 145:2:5

Vantage is best for Enemy Phase units with Counter. Camilla should stick with Desperation to increase her offenses. Shanna is pretty easy to summon. For Specials, you can go with Moonbow for lower cooldown or Draconic Aura/Dragon Fang to take advantage of her monstrous attack.

2 hours ago, Thane said:

I recommend only promoting a +Atk nature A!Tiki. A!Tiki should be used as an Enemy Phase unit. This is her performance:

A!Tiki +Atk -Spd
Lightning Breath, Moonbow
Fury, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 100:24:28

A!Tiki +Atk -Res
Flametongue, Moonbow
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 100:37:15

A!Tiki +Spd -Res
Flametongue, Moonbow
Life and Death, Swordbreaker
Player Phase 75:9:68

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, RipTide said:

What skills can I inherit to my +HP -Res Delthea. 

Keeping her in her support role, she can run the following:

Delthea +HP -Res
Dark Aura, Reciprocal Aid/(positioning Assist), Moonbow
Life and Death, Lancebreaker, Drive Attack
Fortify Resistance Sacred Seal
Player Phase 112:10:30
Player Phase (Ardent Sacrifice, Desperation) 104:10:38
Player Phase (Ardent Sacrifice, Desperation, 26/36HP) 106:13:33

Edited by XRay

10 hours ago, XRay said:

Keeping her in her support role, she can run the following:

Delthea +HP -Res
Dark Aura, Reciprocal Aid/(positioning Assist), Moonbow
Life and Death, Lancebreaker, Drive Attack
Fortify Resistance Sacred Seal
Player Phase 112:10:30
Player Phase (Ardent Sacrifice, Desperation) 104:10:38
Player Phase (Ardent Sacrifice, Desperation, 26/36HP) 106:13:33

Thanks X Ray, Do you think I could also run fury + desperation? 

14 minutes ago, RipTide said:

Thanks X Ray, Do you think I could also run fury + desperation? 

Fury is fine if Life and Death is too expensive.

2 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

Its swordbreaker 3 a good skill for sharenna? I got on her lancebreaker 2 but i want to increases a bit her bsts. 

Yes. Sharena isn't fast enough to double attack common sword users like Ryoma, Lucina, and Ike and isn't strong enough to one-hit kill them.

3 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

Its swordbreaker 3 a good skill for sharenna? I got on her lancebreaker 2 but i want to increases a bit her bsts. 

Swordbreaker is fine. Fensalir, Moonbow, and Swordbreaker will allow her to deal with neutral vanilla sword units up to merge +7.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

Swordbreaker is fine. Fensalir, Moonbow, and Swordbreaker will allow her to deal with neutral vanilla sword units up to merge +7.

thanks! and ice dragon

Edited by ignis_z

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Since Tobin is a blank slate and has completely neutral stats with no Boon/Banes, what would be good skills and weapons for him to inherit?

I am pretty sure Tobin comes with skills. "Marth" is the one with only Falchion as her only skill. You would still want to rehaul his skill set anyways.

I just found out Tobin is not in the calculator yet for some reason, so you would have to set it up as a custom red sword infantry unit. Since he is not in the calculator, the ratios might be slightly off.

Brave Sword, Luna
Death Blow, Swordbreaker
Player Phase 90:12:50

Wo Dao, Moonbow
Enemy Phase 71:19:62
Enemy Phase (merged+0 vs merged+10) 34:38:80

Slaying Edge, Bonfire
Enemy Phase 71:19:62
Enemy Phase (merged+0 vs merged+10) 35:38:79

Tobin's performance is not very impressive. I would save Brave Sword and Deathblow for someone else. He is also a poor candidate to use an enemy phase build

2 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Hi guys i got a Horse emblem with Rein, Camus, Eldigan Cecilia, for a horse wich is better on my cecilia Gronnraven+  (TADeptept2) or Gronnblade+ ? i got buffs :

Elfigan : At vel +6

Camus: at vel +6

Rein : Def res + 6

Ceci: Both. 

If Cecilia is +Atk =Spd, go with Raven. If Cecilia is +Spd =Atk, go with Blade. If Cecilia is +HP/Def/Res or -Spd/Atk, you can still invest in her, just do not promote her to 5*.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

If Cecilia is +Atk =Spd, go with Raven. If Cecilia is +Spd =Atk, go with Blade. If Cecilia is +HP/Def/Res or -Spd/Atk, you can still invest in her, just do not promote her to 5*.

She is +speed - Def. Then blade? I need 20 k feather for a nino or have some luck with the summon

5 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

She is +speed - Def. Then blade? I need 20 k feather for a nino or have some luck with the summon

Yeah, sounds good. If possible, get Cecilia Life and Death as well. Swift Sparrow will be good too if you have a spare one lying around. Fury will also be okay if the other two is outside of budget. I do not think Cecilia needs Axebreaker, so she should run Desperation.

I gotta say im annoyed i killed off peri to give zephiel threaten def 3 andwhat do i learn but that it doesnt stack! smh i wish they told me that threaten skills dont stack with weapon skills lol rip me so now instead of def -7 they have hte same def-4....guess i gotta come up with something new for his C slot