Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

2 hours ago, Sir TouchMe said:

I gotta say im annoyed i killed off peri to give zephiel threaten def 3 andwhat do i learn but that it doesnt stack! smh i wish they told me that threaten skills dont stack with weapon skills lol rip me so now instead of def -7 they have hte same def-4....guess i gotta come up with something new for his C slotĀ 

Armor units generally do better with Goad/Ward Armor than Hone/Fortify Armor since G/W covers a larger area than H/F. With their pitiful movement, it will be difficult to set up H/F after the enemies start moving in the Arena. If you are putting them on mixed teams, they can learn Drive Attack to compensate for their low movement, or any normal Hones and Fortifies if you do not mind slowing down your army.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 17/07/2017 at 3:45 PM, XRay said:

If Cecilia is +Atk =Spd, go with Raven. If Cecilia is +Spd =Atk, go with Blade. If Cecilia is +HP/Def/Res or -Spd/Atk, you can still invest in her, just do not promote her to 5*.

Is it still advised to do Raven builds even with +att nature with the introduction of the new anti TA skill? (I have a +att/-def Cecilia and i'm hesitant about what to do with her)

7 minutes ago, salinea said:

Is it still advised to do Raven builds even with +att nature with the introduction of the new anti TA skill? (I have a +att/-def Cecilia and i'm hesitant about what to do with her)

If you have other units that can handle Cancel Affinity archers, there's no serious penalty for running Triangle Adept Litrraven. Neutral weapon triangle against colorless isn't completely terrible since that's what you wouldĀ have had normally anyways.

You can also run numbers and see if a lower level of Triangle Adept lets you kill archers without Cancel Affinity while still keeping you alive against archers with Cancel Affinity.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you have other units that can handle Cancel Affinity archers, there's no serious penalty for running Triangle Adept Litrraven. Neutral weapon triangle against colorless isn't completely terrible since that's what you wouldĀ have had normally anyways.

You can also run numbers and see if a lower level of Triangle Adept lets you kill archers without Cancel Affinity while still keeping you alive against archers with Cancel Affinity.

Well for now I'm more worried about Mathilde herself, since she's a bonus unit and blue to Cecilia's green.

Just now, salinea said:

Well for now I'm more worried about Mathilde herself, since she's a bonus unit and blue to Cecilia's green.

Try seeing if your blue units (or other green units if you have any) can reliably take her down first. If you don't have an answer from that pool, you can try seeing if Fury or Death Blow works.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Try seeing if your blue units (or other green units if you have any) can reliably take her down first. If you don't have an answer from that pool, you can try seeing if Fury or Death Blow works.

thanks. Guess i need to think about how i build my team anyway XD

39 minutes ago, salinea said:

I have not seen a lot of Cancel Affinity yet. Mathilda is pretty weak herself, so even if she has it, it is not really going to do much if you have a proper team set up.

59 minutes ago, XRay said:

I have not seen a lot of Cancel Affinity yet. Mathilda is pretty weak herself, so even if she has it, it is not really going to do much if you have a proper team set up.

Good point.

I guess the problem right now for me is more to do with the fact that my horse team is just not ready to roll yet even if I just 5*ed Cecilia.

1 minute ago, salinea said:

Good point.

I guess the problem right now for me is more to do with the fact that my horse team is just not ready to roll yet even if I just 5*ed Cecilia.

You still have about a week left to train. No need to rush.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

You still have about a week left to train. No need to rush.

I can 5* and train up Xander in a week; but who knows when I can pull Reinhardt (for a fourth member) or Tharja (to give my Leo a Blade tome); and the rest of my potential horsies are pretty.... eeeeeh. Well there's Ursula, but I'd rather pull Rein.

Edited by salinea

@salinea Camus, Cecilia, Ursula, and Xander is a pretty good free pony team. Ursula is no Reinhardt, but with decent teammates, she does not have to be. I am not sure about putting Leo and Xander in one team though since they are both reds.

20 minutes ago, XRay said:

@salinea Camus, Cecilia, Ursula, and Xander is a pretty good free pony team. Ursula is no Reinhardt, but with decent teammates, she does not have to be. I am not sure about putting Leo and Xander in one team though since they are both reds.

I happened to pull a Leo (with a nice +att/-res nature) while hunting down Eldigan, so i kind of want to use him, is all. Using Leo and not Xander would be a bit shaky, no?

Yes, I can use Ursula. But it's hard to feel motivated into investing in her when Rein is so much better, you know.

28 minutes ago, salinea said:

I happened to pull a Leo (with a nice +att/-res nature) while hunting down Eldigan, so i kind of want to use him, is all. Using Leo and not Xander would be a bit shaky, no?

Yes, I can use Ursula. But it's hard to feel motivated into investing in her when Rein is so much better, you know.

Any Blade cavalry can kill the vast majority of units with a single Hone Cavalry, so I do not think Xander is necessary if you have Leo.

With the proper skills, Ursula with Hone Cavalry will kill more things than a Reinhardt with Hone Cavalry.

7 hours ago, XRay said:

Any Blade cavalry can kill the vast majority of units with a single Hone Cavalry, so I do not think Xander is necessary if you have Leo.

With the proper skills, Ursula with Hone Cavalry will kill more things than a Reinhardt with Hone Cavalry.

Well back to the "i do not have a spare Tharja" problem anyway.

What do you mean by proper skills?

2 hours ago, salinea said:

Well back to the "i do not have a spare Tharja" problem anyway.

What do you mean by proper skills?

Ursula
BlƔrblade
Life and Death, Lancebreaker
Hone Cavalry
Player Phase 143:2:7
Player Phase (Quickened Pulse) 144:2:6
Player Phase (Fortify Cavalry) 149:1:2

Reinhardt +Atk -Def
Dire Thunder, Moonbow
Death Blow, Lancebreaker
Hone Cavalry
Player Phase 137:3:12
Player Phase (Quickened Pulse) 144:1:7
Player Phase (Fortify Cavalry, Quickened Pulse) 144:1:7

Reinhardt wins with one less death if they use Quickened Pulse.

13 minutes ago, XRay said:

Ursula
BlƔrblade
Hone Cavalry

Reinhardt +Atk -Def
Dire Thunder, Moonbow
Death Blow, Lancebreaker
Hone Cavalry
Player Phase 137:3:12
Player Phase (Quickened Pulse) 144:1:7
Player Phase (Fortify Cavalry, Quickened Pulse) 144:1:7

Reinhardt wins with one less death if they use Quickened Pulse.

Mind, Reinhardt +Atk/-Res can just run the exact same set Ursula is running for near identical numbers. What he lacks in doubles he makes up for in more OHKOs---he's a tiny bit behind because Ursula with L&D +6/+6 doubles Anna without an A-slot and he doesn't, but he's a lot bulkier. (Which means he can do the 'tank axe with face' strategy to kill Hector, whereas Ursula would need to desperation double, since she's OHKOd.)

Ā 

+Atk/-Res, L&D, Atk Seal, -blade, +6 all stats Reinhardt gets 150 W, 2 D at full hp.

Ursula with the same set gets 149 W, 2 D, 1 L at full hp, but goes up to 150W, 2D once below desperation range.

Both of the builds get worse at +10 to self and enemy. Reinhardt gets 7 draws, Ursula gets 3 draws, 2 losses. +10 is mostly academic, though, since Ursula can't reach it at the moment.

(He's quite a bit worse with only +6/+6 Atk/Spd, though---his regular Dire Thunder Moonbow Pulse set does better there, being comparable to Ursula with +6/+6 only.)

Ā 

This is the biggest problem with not being Reinhardt, really---his best player phase sets are comparable with the best player sets of everyone else, but his enemy phase sets are difficult for any other cavalry to mimic. Only Leo comes close in terms of bulk, and he loses 3 Atk and a bit of speed for it. Blue's also the best color.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Ursula
BlƔrblade
Hone Cavalry

Is that Life and Death 3?

1 minute ago, salinea said:

Is that Life and Death 3?

Yes. Unless otherwise noted, all skills are maxed.

Quick question. I recently pulled a 5* Julia (+atk -res) and since I have a spare Shanna, I was wondering if desperation was good on her. I'd assume so, but I've ever used her before,so not sure if there's another skill like G tomebreaker that would do better.Ā 

10 minutes ago, Zero said:

Quick question. I recently pulled a 5* Julia (+atk -res) and since I have a spare Shanna, I was wondering if desperation was good on her. I'd assume so, but I've ever used her before,so not sure if there's another skill like G tomebreaker that would do better.Ā 

No. Desperation is only for fast units. Even with Life and Death, Julia's neutral Speed is still 31; she is far too slow to use Desperation effectively. If she was +Spd with Life and Death and reach 35 Speed, Desperation would have been acceptable if she receives some Speed buffs as well.

You can still give her Desperation if you really want to and transfer it to a +Spd Julia later, but another unit that you may summon might need that skill in the mean time.

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

No. Desperation is only for fast units. Even with Life and Death, Julia's neutral Speed is still 31; she is far too slow to use Desperation effectively. If she was +Spd with Life and Death and reach 35 Speed, Desperation would have been acceptable if she receives some Speed buffs as well.

You can still give her Desperation if you really want to and transfer it to a +Spd Julia later, but another unit that you may summon might need that skill in the mean time.

Haha I knew it depended on speed, and while Nino can run it I wasn't sure what speed was the lowest recommended for the skill. I don't see too many Julias out and about so I'm just kind of playing around with ideas. I think I can use the desperation on units like Ursula, or can Cecilia make good use of it for use on horse emblem? (might be my luck but I don't see horse emblems in arena to scout out xD )

30 minutes ago, Zero said:

Haha I knew it depended on speed, and while Nino can run it I wasn't sure what speed was the lowest recommended for the skill. I don't see too many Julias out and about so I'm just kind of playing around with ideas. I think I can use the desperation on units like Ursula, or can Cecilia make good use of it for use on horse emblem? (might be my luck but I don't see horse emblems in arena to scout out xD )

Cecilia needs +Spd and Life and Death to run Desperation. Other wise, +Atk Cecilia should stick with her native Raven and use Quick Riposte.

Ursula with Life and Death has 37 Speed, which is fast enough to run Desperation in my opinion.

25 minutes ago, XRay said:

Cecilia needs +Spd and Life and Death to run Desperation. Other wise, +Atk Cecilia should stick with her native Raven and use Quick Riposte.

Ursula with Life and Death has 37 Speed, which is fast enough to run Desperation in my opinion.

Ah, thank you so much xray. I think I do have a +Spd Cecilia, so that might be a plan~ I've got a few units I'm working on and don't want to waste anything (been tryning for summer robin for that lance valor but I've gotten so many other 5*, just not the one I want xP ) but thank you for your help~ I'll try something else for Julia and work on Cecilia

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Should S-F-Robin have red tome breaker or lance breaker

Her boon is SPD & bane is ATK

If you are using Brave Lance, then Lancebreaker. Mages generally have awful Defense, and Henry is not that common in the Arena. Sophia is so slow, you will usually quad attack her.