Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

2 hours ago, ignis_z said:

u always uses the 5 circles in summons? i dont have to much orbs i i search for special untis for merge or improve their skills, but a klein is dificult...

Yes. The only characters I have primarily sniped for is B!Cordelia and Reinhardt. Outside of those two, I always do full summons. I still have a lot of units to improve, so I cannot afford to snipe yet.

I sniped for Ninian a little when she first came out, but I was still missing a lot of units back then, so I mostly did full summons.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Yes. The only characters I have primarily sniped for is B!Cordelia and Reinhardt. Outside of those two, I always do full summons. I still have a lot of units to improve, so I cannot afford to snipe yet.

I sniped for Ninian a little when she first came out, but I was still missing a lot of units back then, so I mostly did full summons.

Then is better to do full summon? I can reach an Ike without banner with a lot of luck...

On 17.7.2017 at 7:10 AM, XRay said:

[...]

Brave Sword, Luna
Death Blow, Swordbreaker
Player Phase 90:12:50

Wo Dao, Moonbow
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 71:19:62
Enemy Phase (merged+0 vs merged+10) 34:38:80

Slaying Edge, Bonfire
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 71:19:62
Enemy Phase (merged+0 vs merged+10) 35:38:79

Tobin's performance is not very impressive. I would save Brave Sword and Deathblow for someone else. He is also a poor candidate to use an enemy phase build

Why is Tobin generally considered a bad unit even with SI? Compared to my Ephraim (who is considered S-Tier) he got all stats higher except ATK (and Siegmund of course). 

Since I only got three 5* infantry swords, I want to pass Tobin a useful skill from time to time. Of course not the skills that every unit wants (like QR, DC, moonish specials etc.), but more of a budget Tobin. 

The gamepress wiki suggests TA, sword breaker and bonfire for a budget build, but TA would replace Tobin's only useful skill (ATK+3). 

He will not replace Xander (fury, QR, Ignis), Eldigan (fury, QR, bonfire), Alm (Sword breaker) or masked Marth (darting blow, ardent sacrifice, glimmer), but I think he should be far from useless and should find his niche in one of my teams. 

12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Why is Tobin generally considered a bad unit even with SI? Compared to my Ephraim (who is considered S-Tier) he got all stats higher except ATK (and Siegmund of course). 

Since I only got three 5* infantry swords, I want to pass Tobin a useful skill from time to time. Of course not the skills that every unit wants (like QR, DC, moonish specials etc.), but more of a budget Tobin. 

The gamepress wiki suggests TA, sword breaker and bonfire for a budget build, but TA would replace Tobin's only useful skill (ATK+3). 

He will not replace Xander (fury, QR, Ignis), Eldigan (fury, QR, bonfire), Alm (Sword breaker) or masked Marth (darting blow, ardent sacrifice, glimmer), but I think he should be far from useless and should find his niche in one of my teams. 

The thing is, Ephraim is S-tier because he can be a ridiculous buff bot on top of performing decent in battle. It's not his battle protential alone that gets him S-tier. There's also the fact that Ephraim doesn't have that much competition as a infantry lance user.

There's a ton of infantry sword users, and most of those even have a personal weapon on top of that. This means that every sword infantry without a personal weapon needs a very good niche to actually stand out. Tobin however, is a well rounded character. He can do most things decently, but he's not the best at anything. It's not that Tobin is useless, he's just outclassed by a lot. If you want to use him for favouritism, there should be several posible builds for him (although there'll always be someone who can run it better).

Also, Atk+3 is not that good a skill. It usually gets outclassed by Fury or DB (depending on what build you're running).

15 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

Then is better to do full summon? I can reach an Ike without banner with a lot of luck...

It depends on the available banners whether you want to snipe. If there is only one or two characters you want on a banner and they are not sharing a color with another unwanted unit, then snipe as much as you want. If there is no one on any current banner that you want, I would do full summons to get more skill fodder.

18 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

A lot of sword units outperform Tobin. 90:12:50 is very underwhelming for Player Phase when many sword units can achieve 110+:#:#.

I would only use Triangle Adept on a character if that character's ally glass cannons cannot take on the color the character is good against. For example, my Olivia has Ruby sword to take on Hector because Reinhardt and B!Cordelia cannot touch Hector without being killed. In my opinion, Triangle Adept is better than Attack +3, since Triangle adept allows any unit to be really good against the color they counter. Attack +3 can be replaced by better A skills.

No character is absolutely useless. Give any character Triangle Adept and they can counter the color they are strong against at least decently well. Characters can be outclassed though.

I am not sure what niche Tobin has that is not already filled by a unit with better stat spread.

20 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ephraim is literally carried by his Prf---his combat stats are, as you've said, nothing special.

Mind, the tier list is a total joke to begin with, but, ignoring the list for a moment, Tobin's stat spread is as bad as it gets---he's basically melee Leo, and Leo only gets away with his spread because he's a tome cavalry.

Compare Tobin to Camus, for instance: He only has a bit of magical bulk in his favor, compared to: Cavalry. Prf. Player Phase (That is, offenses & physical bulk---Tobin has better bulk, but far, far worse offenses). Color.

Any one of those could drop Tobin a tier---in my opinion---compared to Camus, and he's lacking in all four. Magical bulk simply isn't useful when strong mages delete you regardless. Default (DB3, +Atk) Reinhardt would delete Tobin even if he was blue, much less red. This also means that literally every relevant mage should 2HKO, and most of them get to double Tobin due to his shitty speed.

Tobin's basically Selena, except with even worse offenses in exchange for marginal bulk. Further, in the one place my Selena sees consistent use---long, drawn out fights like TT---Tobin suffers in comparison. Over multiple rounds of combat hp lead matters less and high speed matters more, with hp irrelevant, Tobin is more or less strictly inferior to Selena due to worse offenses (31/27 is a joke compared to 25/35, even if we ignore natures) yet similar bulk. He can still see use in some very small niches, but between Selena and Y!Tiki I can't see him being the best choice in any situation ever.

Thanks for the replys, i'm getting an idea now why so many people are disappointed of Tobin in FEH. (fun fact: I have been considering feeding Selena to him for TA2 and reposition, but my 4* Olivia already got Ruby+).

Probably I will keep him untouched for awhile and feed him only Skills if I need some space for new heroes. 

As a long term project, I was thinking about giving my +res Felicia smoke dagger+, poison strike, and savage blow. I figure the chip damage and debuffs would make for easy ORKOs for the rest of the team and would help empower units that won't double. Brave/Dire users and vantage units seem like they would work especially well with this support. I chose Felicia because she can tank the counter-attacks from mages and should be able to score a KO of her own once Glacies is up. If anyone has built this or something similar, did you find it worth-while? I have not used many AoE skills outside of specials, do people find them useful, or are they too much trouble to set up?

6 hours ago, Beddlam said:

As a long term project, I was thinking about giving my +res Felicia smoke dagger+, poison strike, and savage blow. I figure the chip damage and debuffs would make for easy ORKOs for the rest of the team and would help empower units that won't double. Brave/Dire users and vantage units seem like they would work especially well with this support. I chose Felicia because she can tank the counter-attacks from mages and should be able to score a KO of her own once Glacies is up. If anyone has built this or something similar, did you find it worth-while? I have not used many AoE skills outside of specials, do people find them useful, or are they too much trouble to set up?

It is usually much more efficient to replace the debuffer with another nuke. Killing one enemy with one unit is better than killing one enemy with two units. I used Felicia for a little while back then, but debuffers like her are just not good enough. You can still use her in Story Maps and non Arena modes to counter specific threats since those maps are always the same, but the Arena is not exactly predictable and the quicker you can massacre Arena enemies the easier it is defend and survive.

I'm currently using a 4*+1 Felicia in my team for leveling in chain challenge maps. I have poison strike on her and she weakens enemies and kills mages/healers just fine. I can't think of a situation where smoke dagger would have served her much better than silver dagger. Since its debuff is Aoe and not on target, it's difficult to aim or use the debuff on purpose. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I'm currently using a 4*+1 Felicia in my team for leveling in chain challenge maps. I have poison strike on her and she weakens enemies and kills mages/healers just fine. I can't think of a situation where smoke dagger would have served her much better than silver dagger. Since its debuff is Aoe and not on target, it's difficult to aim or use the debuff on purpose. 

Do you have B!Lyn? Her default kit is better for training units since anyone she attacks cannot counter attack on Player Phase, so you can even make someone like Fir go after Effie provided that Fir can do enough damage or use a Special.

Edited by XRay

10 minutes ago, XRay said:

Do you have B!Lyn? Her default kit is better for training units since anyone she attacks cannot counter attack on Player Phase, so you can even make someone like Fir go after Effie provided that Fir can do enough damage or use a Special.

Yeah, luckily I got her (but no other bride). For difficult cases like Fir it surely helps, but this team was composed of 4*+1 +ATK brave Cherche, 5* Cordelia, 4*+1 Felicia and 4* Nowi/3* adult Tiki, so no help needed. ;)

I try to keep diversity while leveling, that's more fun. To have a good team, I even let some good units wait for better teammates. 

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, luckily I got her (but no other bride). For difficult cases like Fir it surely helps, but this team was composed of 4*+1 +ATK brave Cherche, 5* Cordelia, 4*+1 Felicia and 4* Nowi/3* adult Tiki, so no help needed. ;)

I try to keep diversity while leveling, that's more fun. To have a good team, I even let some good units wait for better teammates. 

I usually run B!Lyn, two Dancers/Singer, and a unit to be trained for Chain Challenges to maximize SP gain. B!Lyn and the Dancers/Singer are unlikely to steal kills from the unit in training.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Which chain challenge do you use for leveling/SP farming? Or do you leave open several of them? 

I would definitely save Chapter 7 & 8. I used that to train Hector, and I accidentally completed it since I was not paying attention. You can also just complete everything except Chapter 9 & 10 since it is very hard to accidentally beat both the lance cavalier and Ike's army at the same time, although it will be annoying trying to beat Veronica's map.

Edited by XRay

Just now, mampfoid said:

@XRay Normal difficulty should be enough, since level 35 gives SP to everyone? Or do you use hard/lunatic?

Save Normal difficulty. Hard and Lunatic is a pain in the butt to train in.

Help me with my horse emblem:

Reinhard ( at + 3, no detah blow), eldigan fury 3 QR, Ceclia (raven)TATEPT 2 ( at +3), Camus Fury 3 QR2. 1 defense ( im the only one who has horse emblem and only 1 defenses.

Buffs: Hone, Fortyfy Hone Goad cavalry in that order

Ceci TAEPTR or at +3 for def.

In arena ill go to tier 19. Thakns to Eldigan.

Edited by ignis_z

4 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Help me with my horse emblem:

Reinhard ( at + 3, no detah blow), eldigan fury 3 QR, Ceclia (raven)TATEPT 2 ( at +3), Camus Fury 3 QR2. 1 defense ( im the only one who has horse emblem and only 1 defenses.

Buffs: Hone, Fortyfy Hone Goad cavalry in that order

Ceci TAEPTR or at +3 for def.

In arena ill go to tier 19. Thakns to Eldigan.

Are you using that as a defense team or an offense team? You should use separate teams for offense and defense.

For defense team, you could have just used three Reinhardts instead of merging all of them together and use a bonus unit as the fourth unit.

For offense, Reinhardt can use Fury until you can get Death Blow. I would also give Cecilia Quick Riposte.

Edited by XRay

23 minutes ago, XRay said:

Are you using that as a defense team or an offense team? You should use separate teams for offense and defense.

For defense team, you could have just used three Reinhardts instead of merging all of them together and use a bonus unit as the fourth unit.

For offense, Reinhardt can use Fury until you can get Death Blow. I would also give Cecilia Quick Riposte.

No no is A slot At+3, no rein +3 i only have one and another one 4 stars.Ceci has gtomebreaker. Fury in rein? Speed buff is useless for him right? .Im usin this team as offense and Defense. I got 2 defenses. 

5 hours ago, ignis_z said:

No no is A slot At+3, no rein +3 i only have one and another one 4 stars.Ceci has gtomebreaker. Fury in rein? Speed buff is useless for him right? .Im usin this team as offense and Defense. I got 2 defenses. 

Fury gives more Arena score than Attack +3; Reinhardt does not need the Speed, but it is easier to get a better score with Fury.

If that is all the cavalry you have, I think it is fine to make that both your offense and defense team.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

Fury gives more Arena score than Attack +3; Reinhardt does not need the Speed, but it is easier to get a better score with Fury.

If that is all the cavalry you have, I think it is fine to make that both your offense and defense team.

aha, thanks dude.

I'm currently thinking of giving my Eldigan (+Res/-Spd, Fury 3, QR2, Bonfire) another A-Skill, because Fury robs HP, which is needed by QR. Earthboost, Close Def or Attack/Def +2 would be great, but I lack the units (Boey, S!Tiki, S!Chrome). Def+3 wouldn't be much of an improvement, other ideas would be appreciated. 

So I assembled my new Team around Infantery Pulse as a C-Skill which is great.

Azama: +Res/-Def
46/18/26/37/29
Weapon: Pain
Assist: Rehabilitate
Special: Imbue
A: Fortress Def 3
B: Live to Serve 2
C: Infantery Pulse 3
Seal: KP+

Ninian: +HP/-Def
45/39/36/23/30
Weapon: Lightning Breath+ (Distant Counter, +1 to Special Cooldown)
Assist: Dance
Sepcial: Moonbow
A: Fury 3
B: Wings of Mercy
Seal: Res+2 to Allys
Special Cooldown at Start: 3 -1 = 2

Ryoma: +SPD/-RES
41/53/41/30/21
Weapon: Raijinto
Assist: Reposition
Special: Dragon Fang (4)
B: Vantage
Seal: Attack +1
Special Cooldown at Start: 4-2 = 2

Sonya: +Def/-Res
36/50/37/22/32
Weapon: Dark Excalibur
Assist: Reposition
Special Cooldown: Dragon Fang (4)
B: G. Tome Breaker
C: Res Ploy 3
Seal: Quickened Pulse
Special Cooldown at Start: 4-4 = 0, she has her Special ready
Her Matchup chart shows 140 wins 0 losses and 12 draws against all Vanilla +10 Units when she is attacking. The 12 Surviving Units are Red swords users not used in the Meta mostly: Zephiel, Roy, Lloyd, Fir, Palla, Caeda, Eliwood, Henry, and some few others

Asking for Help on Ninian, i never used much Dragonstone users and she is kinda weak (given she is a Dancer), thinking about Droping Azama and Give Ninian +3 HP Sacred seal and take in a strong Blue Frontline Unit.

Any Suggestions? The Blue Unit needs to be an Infantery Unit, have over 41 HP but below 48 of Ninian and have some power/bulk. Thinking about a QR Nowi but I am not sure.