Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

@XRay thanks for helping out. If Katarina won't show up until I have the feathers ready, I'll use LnD but on the +Res one without a merge. First I'll promote Roderick for his lance. 

I thought hit and run to be the safer way to retreat into dancing range, since with drag back you depend more on the movement type of your enemy and the terrain. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@XRay thanks for helping out. If Katarina won't show up until I have the feathers ready, I'll use LnD but on the +Res one without a merge. First I'll promote Roderick for his lance. 

I thought hit and run to be the safer way to retreat into dancing range, since with drag back you depend more on the movement type of your enemy and the terrain. 

For Drag Back, you retreat regardless, just like Hit and Run. The only difference is that Hit and Run does not drag back that unit. So if Cordelia is attacking from a mountain against an infantry unit, Drag Back will not drag the enemy back, but Cordelia will still retreat.

You might also want to grab Rally Def/Res or Drive Def 1 so she has the option of buffing allies if you need to swap out her skills to make her more supportive. I think Oboro gives Rally Def at 3* and Cecilia gives Rally Res at 3*. I think a lot of units give Spur Def 1 at 3* and 4*; M!Robin gives Spur Def 2 at 3* I think.

Edited by XRay

4 hours ago, XRay said:

For Drag Back, you retreat regardless, just like Hit and Run. The only difference is that Hit and Run does not drag back that unit. So if Cordelia is attacking from a mountain against an infantry unit, Drag Back will not drag the enemy back, but Cordelia will still retreat [...]

I tried that in the pirate map with the horizontal gap between the two ships. Cordelia attacked hovering above the gap while the enemy armor was on the upper boat. Cordelia couldn't drag back the armor unit because of its movement restrictions (can't fly or swim). But also Cordelia remained where she attacked, attached to the armor (see screenshot attached below). While with hit and run, she would have retreated to the other ship on the lower side. 

4 hours ago, XRay said:

[...]

You might also want to grab Rally Def/Res or Drive Def 1 so she has the option of buffing allies if you need to swap out her skills to make her more supportive. I think Oboro gives Rally Def at 3* and Cecilia gives Rally Res at 3*. I think a lot of units give Spur Def 1 at 3* and 4*; M!Robin gives Spur Def 2 at 3* I think.

I still don't know what team to build around her. Obviously she profits from a dancer, but I also could put her into my flier team (Palla, Hinoka, S!Camilla) instead of NS!Corrin. Having some spare Pallas, Goad fliers would be available as C-Skill. 

Screenshot_20170807-205817.png

Edited by mampfoid
Spoiler Tags

22 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I tried that in the pirate map with the horizontal gap between the two ships. Cordelia attacked hovering above the gap while the enemy armor was on the upper boat. Cordelia couldn't drag back the armor unit because of its movement restrictions (can't fly or swim). But also Cordelia remained where she attacked, attached to the armor (see screenshot attached below). While with hit and run, she would have retreated to the other ship on the lower side. 

That is strange. I am pretty sure my Cordelia retreated across the water on Camus' GHB Map after attacking a cavalry unit and the cavalry unit stayed on land. Maybe I remembered it differently. I will retest it when I get the chance.

25 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I still don't know what team to build around her. Obviously she profits from a dancer, but I also could put her into my flier team (Palla, Hinoka, S!Camilla) instead of NS!Corrin. Having some spare Pallas, Goad fliers would be available as C-Skill. 

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20170807-205817.png

I am not sure about replacing NS!Corrin with Cordelia. Cordelia is really good, but I do not think she is that good. You can spam resets on the Tenth Stratum to get all red teams now so you can definitely use her for flier quests.

I got a 5* Cecilia from the BHB Banner today (thank you 1.6) which means I now have a 5* Cavalry Unit for each Colour (Camus, Xander and Priscilla, if she counts) and wanted to build a Horse Emblem team.

I have a 4* Gunter, Jagen and 3 3* Eliwoods so I can inherit all the Cavalry Passives after promoting the latter (alongside Camus' own Goad Cavalry) and I just wanted to know who should inherit what.

P.S. I'm not too fussed about natures (especially since Camus and Xander are one-offs for me) and only have one 5* Nino who I'm currently using (so don't plan on giving Cecilia Gronnblade).

Thanks in advance!

26 minutes ago, XRay said:

That is strange. I am pretty sure my Cordelia retreated across the water on Camus' GHB Map after attacking a cavalry unit and the cavalry unit stayed on land. Maybe I remembered it differently. I will retest it when I get the chance.

[...]

I also read some other people mentioning drag back being a good substitute for hit and run, but for me it has been always this way: Attack target. If target lives and can be dragged back, both move back. If not, none moves. If target dies, attacker moves back. (Assuming nothing blocks the retreat for the attacker, like walls or other units). 

26 minutes ago, XRay said:

[...]

I am not sure about replacing NS!Corrin with Cordelia. Cordelia is really good, but I do not think she is that good. You can spam resets on the Tenth Stratum to get all red teams now so you can definitely use her for flier quests.

I usually switch between fliers a little, since the quests are not difficult with some capable fliers (no reset required). Core are Palla and Hinoka being unique for their buffs (Palla ate my only Caeda). *4+2 +ATK Brave Cherche, 5* QR Bonfire Michalis, Cordelia and the blade tome girls compete for the other two slots. 

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

[...]

P.S. I'm not too fussed about natures (especially since Camus and Xander are one-offs for me) and only have one 5* Nino who I'm currently using (so don't plan on giving Cecilia Gronnblade).

Thanks in advance!

Fully buffed, a normal blade tome is already strong enough, there is no need to kill a 5* unit for the "+". 

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I got a 5* Cecilia from the BHB Banner today (thank you 1.6) which means I now have a 5* Cavalry Unit for each Colour (Camus, Xander and Priscilla, if she counts) and wanted to build a Horse Emblem team.

I have a 4* Gunter, Jagen and 3 3* Eliwoods so I can inherit all the Cavalry Passives after promoting the latter (alongside Camus' own Goad Cavalry) and I just wanted to know who should inherit what.

Thanks in advance!

I would put Hone and Fortify Cavalry on your melee cavalry so Cecilia can get the full cavalry buff and massacre things. I would replace the fourth cavalry with a Dancer/Singer if you do not have a cavalry unit better than Priscilla.

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Fully buffed, a normal blade tome is already strong enough, there is no need to kill a 5* unit for the "+". 

Oh, I didn't know that, thank you! In that case I'll feed her one of my 3* Ninos (wow, that sounds a lot weirder than I thought it would).

If I do give her Gronnblade, I guess I should give Xander Hone Cavalry (and/ or give Camus Fortify Cavalry)?

P.S. I just noticed my Jagens are all 3*, so no Fortify Cavalries right away :/

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would put Hone and Fortify Cavalry on your melee cavalry so Cecilia can get the full cavalry buff and massacre things. I would replace the fourth cavalry with a Dancer/Singer if you do not have a cavalry unit better than Priscilla.

This and giving Cecilia Gronnblade from a 3* Nino seems the way to go for me. I have a 4* Olivia that I'll tag in in that case (I expected to swap Priscilla out for bonus Arena/ TT units anyway). Thanks!

P.S. Olivia being 4* is okay, right? She won't exactly be on the front lines the whole time. That and I plan to get Ninian from the Hero Fest anyway (I really hope Myrrh and Dragon Emblem become things later, along with a "Shield" A Passive to negate Falchion and Naga...)

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

This and giving Cecilia Gronnblade from a 3* Nino seems the way to go for me. I have a 4* Olivia that I'll tag in in that case (I expected to swap Priscilla out for bonus Arena/ TT units anyway). Thanks!

P.S. Olivia being 4* is okay, right? She won't exactly be on the front lines the whole time. That and I plan to get Ninian from the Hero Fest anyway (I really hope Myrrh and Dragon Emblem become things later, along with a "Shield" A Passive to negate Falchion and Naga...)

Yeah, she is fine as 4*. I would give her [Ruby Sword, Moonbow, Fury, Vantage] so she can take out Hector if she is your only red unit on the team.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Yeah, she is fine as 4*. I would give her [Ruby Sword, Moonbow, Fury, Vantage] so she can take out Hector if she is your only red unit on the team.

I have Xander so she won't have to shoulder that particular burden :P

That said, I guess I should start looking into other skills for my horseys too inherit, shouldn't I? Thanks!

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Drag Back doesn't do anything if the targeted unit cannot move onto the tile you are standing on. Hit and Run works regardless of enemy movement type, but doesn't move the enemy unit with you.

Personal preference of which one is better, though. You either get reliable activation or utility in pulling a unit away from allies.

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

A passive A skill to negate effective damage is outclassed by Triangle Adept because almost no one runs Falchion with Cancel Affinity.

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I also read some other people mentioning drag back being a good substitute for hit and run, but for me it has been always this way: Attack target. If target lives and can be dragged back, both move back. If not, none moves. If target dies, attacker moves back. (Assuming nothing blocks the retreat for the attacker, like walls or other units). 

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Drag Back doesn't do anything if the targeted unit cannot move onto the tile you are standing on. Hit and Run works regardless of enemy movement type, but doesn't move the enemy unit with you.

Yeah, I was wrong. I just tested it and Drag Back did not work on Cordelia when she attacked a cavalry unit from a forest.

10 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

[...]

P.S. I just noticed my Jagens are all 3*, so no Fortify Cavalries right away :/

It's definitely worth the 2,000 feathers, since it gives your Cecilias blade tome additional 12 attack (+30 total fully buffed).  

9 hours ago, XRay said:

I found Wings of Mercy to be helpful on a dancer in certain situations. Especially when she should dance/sing a unit with better movement (Cavalry, Flyer).

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Personal preference of which one is better, though. You either get reliable activation or utility in pulling a unit away from allies. [...]

Until i get Clive (or another Clair) i will go with drag back. So far i would prefer the retreat step to be more liable, because if Cordelia can't kill the target, chances are high she will be killed on enemy phase. 

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Yeah, I was wrong. I just tested it and Drag Back did not work on Cordelia when she attacked a cavalry unit from a forest.

To your defense, i couldn't find documentation were the difference between drag back and hit'n'run is explained in detail. The wikis use the in game description of the skills effect, or descripe the pros and cons of dragging an enemy towards your team. 

2 hours ago, Knight of Lycia said:

I got Celica off the tempest trials banner, and unfortunately her nature is -spd/+def. Sinice she is the only bonus unit I have besides Berkut I was wondering what build would be best for her.

Thanks.

It depends on how much you want to invest on her and on what other units you want to use.

Celica still hits pretty hard, and Ragnarok somewhat makes up for her lower speed. If you give her Darting Blow or Life and Death, she'll have 41 or 40 speed respectively when initiating, which can be boosted further with team support.

She'd like Renewal as a B-passive for healing, but if you're already planning to run a healer you can change it into a breaker skill of a weapon type you dislike.

C-Skill and assist depend completly on your team.

I got a pretty good Gray from the TT banner (-HP +Spd), and I'm not really sure which direction to go with him. On one hand, with his boosted speed, even the negative HP will let him outspeed a good chunk of characters either naturally or through his A skill activation. On the other hand, Fury... Fury will really make him potent, with 40/38/38/33/25: great offenses and solid defense. The B skill escapes me, whether I get Wind Boost or Fury. The weapon I think stays, as it's 14 might even if it won't be specially useful against cavalry (because what matters there the most is the first strike usually).

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Taim Meich said:

I got a pretty good Gray from the TT banner (-HP +Spd), and I'm not really sure which direction to go with him. On one hand, with his boosted speed, even the negative HP will let him outspeed a good chunk of characters either naturally or through his A skill activation. On the other hand, Fury... Fury will really make him potent, with 40/38/38/33/25: great offenses and solid defense. The B skill escapes me, whether I get Wind Boost or Fury. The weapon I think stays, as it's 14 might even if it won't be specially useful against cavalry (because what matters there the most is the first strike usually).

Any ideas?

I would recommend Fury, due to it being more consistent compared to wind boost. Because wind boost works best at the beginning of a stage, unless you have a healer, makes it too  unreliable. For the B slot skill, either vantage, swordbreaker, or desperation depending on your playing style.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

After long consideration I've decided to train a Klein I've had sitting with Alfonse on the bench for a while, he's +Spd -Def which I consider to be pretty good IVs. What I'm wondering is what kind of build would suit him better, a quad build with LnD or a cannon build using his innate Death Blow? Resources aren't a problem here, I have all the necessary skills to give him a full build.

9 hours ago, Taim Meich said:

Any ideas?

Depends on your play style and what you can afford. If you like and can afford all out offense, here is his build:

Brave Sword, Luna
Life and Death, Swordbreaker

If you really want to keep Zanbato, I would replace Luna with Moonbow.

7 hours ago, Alexmender said:

After long consideration I've decided to train a Klein I've had sitting with Alfonse on the bench for a while, he's +Spd -Def which I consider to be pretty good IVs. What I'm wondering is what kind of build would suit him better, a quad build with LnD or a cannon build using his innate Death Blow? Resources aren't a problem here, I have all the necessary skills to give him a full build.

Depends on your play style. I am near the extreme end of maximizing kills type of player, so I recommend Life and Death.

Brave Bow, Luna
Life and Death, Swordbreaker, Savage Blow/Buffs

I just pulled a Sully and I wanted to do something crazy on her.

She's 3* and is +ATK/-DEF, and I might use her for some Horse Emblem shenanigans.

Also, I have a Titania who is a +RES/-DEF... any good ideas?

Edited by Frosty

29 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I just pulled a Sully and I wanted to do something crazy on her.

She's 3* and is +ATK/-DEF, and I might use her for some Horse Emblem shenanigans.

Also, I have a Titania who is a +RES/-DEF... any good ideas?

You know how Blade ponies constantly cheese people? You can cheese them back with the following:

Eliwood, Sully, Titania [+Atk/Res]
Gem, Moonbow
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte

Leo, Olwen/Ursula, Cecilia [+Atk/Res]
Wolf, Moonbow
Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte

You can use the second team to reverse cheese Blade ponies too, but using the first team feels more satisfying, at least it seems so for me.

Just now, XRay said:

You know how Blade ponies constantly cheese people? You can cheese them back with the following:

Eliwood, Sully, Titania [+Atk/Res]
Gem, Moonbow
Distant Counter, Quick Riposte

Leo, Olwen/Ursula, Cecilia [+Atk/Res]
Wolf, Moonbow
Triangle Adept, Quick Riposte

You can use the second team to reverse cheese Blade ponies too, but using the first team feels more satisfying, at least it seems so for me.

DC looks nice but I don't have enough Hectors to let it ensue.

My Eliwood which is +SPD/-RES will likely end up as a speedier Durandal nuke. I am tempted to use Glacies on my Titania given my Firs but still I feel a little conflicted. Magekiller Sully looks nice.

Don't have Leo, I have Olwen but sucks as she is +DEF/-ATK. My Ursula is complete (except she's at 4*) and my Cecilia is same as my Eliwood; except she's going to be a Speedy Gronnblade nuke (Almost closing in to 5* a Nino with meh IV's) on a Horse Emblem team.