Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Would a Hone (NOT a calvary one, I don't have a horse team) or Spur be better for CYL Roy?

Roy with a Hone buff can go anywhere after he is buffed. Roy with a Spur buff needs to stay near the Spur buffer. I prefer Hones since the buffee has more freedom to move around and do stuff.

3 hours ago, Poimagic said:

What is good a skill set for a +spd/-atk Nowi?

I would give her a standard enemy phase build. I would not give her anything too fancy though. You can also skip her Special since it does not contribute to her first round of combat.

Nowi +Spd -Atk
Lightning Breath, Moonbow
Fury, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 90:4:74

Edited by XRay

What would be good skills for a Neutral or +Spd/-HP Catria (currently have one of both, not sure which to keep) and a +Def/-HP Marth? I thought about a possible Falchion Healer set for Marth now that I have a spare Fae, and since he's +Def, maybe Fortress Def to go all-in on the defensive support role? I'm even less sure about Catria; I'd rather stay away from a Brave Lance build, as I'd like to differentiate her from my +Atk Hinoka, +Atk Cordelia, and +Atk Est (who has dibs on the next Brave Lance+ anyway). I have immediate access to Silver Lance+ and Sapphire Lance+, if either of those would be good, or just her default Killer Lance+.

59 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

What would be good skills for a Neutral or +Spd/-HP Catria (currently have one of both, not sure which to keep) and a +Def/-HP Marth? I thought about a possible Falchion Healer set for Marth now that I have a spare Fae, and since he's +Def, maybe Fortress Def to go all-in on the defensive support role? I'm even less sure about Catria; I'd rather stay away from a Brave Lance build, as I'd like to differentiate her from my +Atk Hinoka, +Atk Cordelia, and +Atk Est (who has dibs on the next Brave Lance+ anyway). I have immediate access to Silver Lance+ and Sapphire Lance+, if either of those would be good, or just her default Killer Lance+.

I would save the neutral Catria for Grand Hero Battles. She was a free unit once so they may use her in strategy videos. It saves a lot of stamina potions to just copy the videos. If you do not care for or need help in Grand Hero Battles, then I would merge her or inherit her for Killer Lance and Luna.

I would use [+Spd, -HP] as your primary Catria, and I would give her Fury and Lancebreaker. Her default Killer Lance is fine. I am not sure why you want to handicap her when Brave build is her best set and gives her more kills. I do not see how differentiation helps Catria. You also do not need to give her Brave Lance+ since a regular Brave Lance is good enough for Arena Assault and it saves so much time.

For Marth, Fortress Defense sounds good.

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would save the neutral Catria for Grand Hero Battles. She was a free unit once so they may use her in strategy videos. It saves a lot of stamina potions to just copy the videos. If you do not care for or need help in Grand Hero Battles, then I would merge her or inherit her for Killer Lance and Luna.

I would use [+Spd, -HP] as your primary Catria, and I would give her Fury and Lancebreaker. Her default Killer Lance is fine. I am not sure why you want to handicap her when Brave build is her best set and gives her more kills. I do not see how differentiation helps Catria. You also do not need to give her Brave Lance+ since a regular Brave Lance is good enough for Arena Assault and it saves so much time.

For Marth, Fortress Defense sounds good.

Yeah, that's how I got my current Neutral one. I do copy those kinds of videos, but I've been getting more comfortable with building off of them with my own different units, so I may keep her around until I find a good use for her skills. 

It's mostly just on principle of not making four of my fliers be Brave Lance+ users, especially because +Atk Hinoka is a mainstay on my flier team and comes prepackaged with it. If a Brave build is that good for her though, then I am okay with working on that as well. I can always sacrifice one of my non-neutral Donnels until I get a Brave Lance+ user to donate. Are Fury and Lancebreaker still recommended for her Brave build?

Cool, glad I have something to use another of my 4-star Seths for. Might as well have a defensive Falchion healer as an alternative to my offensive Masked Marth healer.

2 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yeah, that's how I got my current Neutral one. I do copy those kinds of videos, but I've been getting more comfortable with building off of them with my own different units, so I may keep her around until I find a good use for her skills. 

It's mostly just on principle of not making four of my fliers be Brave Lance+ users, especially because +Atk Hinoka is a mainstay on my flier team and comes prepackaged with it. If a Brave build is that good for her though, then I am okay with working on that as well. I can always sacrifice one of my non-neutral Donnels until I get a Brave Lance+ user to donate. Are Fury and Lancebreaker still recommended for her Brave build?

Cool, glad I have something to use another of my 4-star Seths for. Might as well have a defensive Falchion healer as an alternative to my offensive Masked Marth healer.

If you have regular Brave Weapon fodder, there is no reason not to slap normal Brave Weapons on to every good unit you plan to use in Arena Assault. If you run out of Braves, another option is to use Gem Weapons/Triangle Adept and Breaker/Quick Riposte, but that will restrict the unit to counter one color. For good units like Catria, I prefer to give them Brave builds since they can actually do more than just counter one color. For units like Henry and Fir, I would give them a Gem Weapon/Raven/Triangle Adept build since they are not very good at doing other stuff.

I personally prefer Death Blow, but Fury is fine as well. If you are going to use her primarily for Arena Assault, you can also build her cheaply with just regular Brave Lance, Attack +3, and Breaker 1.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you have regular Brave Weapon fodder, there is no reason not to slap normal Brave Weapons on to every good unit you plan to use in Arena Assault. If you run out of Braves, another option is to use Gem Weapons/Triangle Adept and Breaker/Quick Riposte, but that will restrict the unit to counter one color. For good units like Catria, I prefer to give them Brave builds since they can actually do more than just counter one color. For units like Henry and Fir, I would give them a Gem Weapon/Raven/Triangle Adept build since they are not very good at doing other stuff.

I personally prefer Death Blow, but Fury is fine as well. If you are going to use her primarily for Arena Assault, you can also build her cheaply with just regular Brave Lance, Attack +3, and Breaker 1.

I have enough Donnels just sitting around doing nothing, so I'm good with killing him off until I manage to get another 5-star Cordelia, or if I feel bored enough to 5-star either of them myself. I'm actually low on Death Blow and Fury fodder right now, so I might stick with killing the one Gordin I have with a bad boon/bane for his Attack +3. Lancebreaker 3 shouldn't be a problem, although I may wait in case we get that free 4-star Narcian from the Twitter thing. Thanks for the help!

Heh, Fir is another character I'd like to make usable someday with SI, but she's become lower on my list of priorities lately. I especially regret 5-starring her as early as I did, before I understood boons/banes and before SI was even a thing. She's +Spd, so hitting 42 speed with her base A skill is nice, but she doesn't seem to benefit much from it with the rest of her base set.

So I've got a spare Ike now. I thought about passing on Aether to someone, but the idea of grinding 750-1200 SP made me want to die, so I'm thinking Heavy Blade is the way to go. Not sure who though!  I've 126/168 heroes so forgive me for not listing out suspects. I guess I'm more looking for general suggestions of who would like it the most, maybe builds people like to run w/ Heavy Blade?

29 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I have enough Donnels just sitting around doing nothing, so I'm good with killing him off until I manage to get another 5-star Cordelia, or if I feel bored enough to 5-star either of them myself. I'm actually low on Death Blow and Fury fodder right now, so I might stick with killing the one Gordin I have with a bad boon/bane for his Attack +3. Lancebreaker 3 shouldn't be a problem, although I may wait in case we get that free 4-star Narcian from the Twitter thing. Thanks for the help!

Heh, Fir is another character I'd like to make usable someday with SI, but she's become lower on my list of priorities lately. I especially regret 5-starring her as early as I did, before I understood boons/banes and before SI was even a thing. She's +Spd, so hitting 42 speed with her base A skill is nice, but she doesn't seem to benefit much from it with the rest of her base set.

Do you have spare Cherches? She offers Attack +3 as well, but she does not have other super important skills to pass around. Gordin can pass around Brave Bow too, so you might want to keep him for a little longer if you have an archer you want to give regular Brave Bow to. Gordin himself is okay in Arena Assault, although I only use him against fliers and sometimes squishy mages.

Fir can try using Triangle Adept 2 and Threaten Defense, so she can deal more damage the next turn.

2 hours ago, XRay said:

Do you have spare Cherches? She offers Attack +3 as well, but she does not have other super important skills to pass around. Gordin can pass around Brave Bow too, so you might want to keep him for a little longer if you have an archer you want to give regular Brave Bow to. Gordin himself is okay in Arena Assault, although I only use him against fliers and sometimes squishy mages.

Fir can try using Triangle Adept 2 and Threaten Defense, so she can deal more damage the next turn.

Unfortunately, I do not. I have a 3-star Cherche with +Atk that I plan to promote, and a 4-star +1 with +Def that already has some SI that will probably be merged into the +Atk one. I do have another Gordin though, and I've already passed a Brave Bow to a few archers that can get decent use out of it, including Bride Cordelia.

I do have a regular Cordelia for Triangle Adept 2, but since Roy has TA3 at 4-stars and I'm hoping to go back to pulling for reds if I get a Ninian soon on the Tempest banner, I might wait in case I get him; then I could give Cordelia's TA2 to someone along with a Brave Lance. The only other Roy I had, I already used to give TA3 to my +Def/-Spd Eirika, which hopefully I don't end up regretting. I do have a +HP/-Spd Peri that could give Threaten Defense, at least.

14 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Unfortunately, I do not. I have a 3-star Cherche with +Atk that I plan to promote, and a 4-star +1 with +Def that already has some SI that will probably be merged into the +Atk one. I do have another Gordin though, and I've already passed a Brave Bow to a few archers that can get decent use out of it, including Bride Cordelia.

I do have a regular Cordelia for Triangle Adept 2, but since Roy has TA3 at 4-stars and I'm hoping to go back to pulling for reds if I get a Ninian soon on the Tempest banner, I might wait in case I get him; then I could give Cordelia's TA2 to someone along with a Brave Lance. The only other Roy I had, I already used to give TA3 to my +Def/-Spd Eirika, which hopefully I don't end up regretting. I do have a +HP/-Spd Peri that could give Threaten Defense, at least.

I would use Selena for Triangle Adept 2 since she can pass Reposition at the same as well, and she is available as a 3*. Although if you have more Cordelias than Selanas, then Cordelia is technically more disposable.

I do not think Triangle Adept 3 is necessary for Arena Assault, although Fir might need all the help she can get. However, I would prioritize better units for Triangle Adept 3, but if you have spare Roys down the line, then you might as well free up some Barracks space.

15 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would use Selena for Triangle Adept 2 since she can pass Reposition at the same as well, and she is available as a 3*. Although if you have more Cordelias than Selanas, then Cordelia is technically more disposable.

I do not think Triangle Adept 3 is necessary for Arena Assault, although Fir might need all the help she can get. However, I would prioritize better units for Triangle Adept 3, but if you have spare Roys down the line, then you might as well free up some Barracks space.

I have precisely one Cordelia and one Selena (I did the same Reposition/TA2 thing for normal Female Corrin), but Selena was one of the free units recently, so I think it may be better to keep her around. And yeah, that's the main reason why Fir has fallen lower on my priority list lately. She really needs the help in order to become decent, but there are already-good units that could be even better with those same skills. She has personal bias in her favor, but others have bias plus more actual merits and potential. Someday though, I will make her that decent unit that I know she can be.

Edited by DefaultBeep

6 hours ago, r_n said:

So I've got a spare Ike now. I thought about passing on Aether to someone, but the idea of grinding 750-1200 SP made me want to die, so I'm thinking Heavy Blade is the way to go. Not sure who though!  I've 126/168 heroes so forgive me for not listing out suspects. I guess I'm more looking for general suggestions of who would like it the most, maybe builds people like to run w/ Heavy Blade?

Ohh, i would like to be in your situation. I also got 129/168 heroes, but never an Ike. 

Not sure about the optimal choice, but if you want general directions, then you'd need someone with high ATK (obviously) and for best synergy a killer- or brave weapon. To have a higher chance of activating HB, access to offensive movement type specific buffs would help a lot. More specific examples:

• Cordelia in a buffed flyer team (Galeforce all the time, yeah!). You could give her lance and Galeforce to someone else like Est, Catria, Tana or Valter, but that's more expensive. 
  • Eldigan (with QR) in a buffed horse team for fast Ignis/Galeforce, alternatively Brave Frederick.
  • Michalis (with QR) in a buffed flyer team for Ignis/Galeforce, alternatively Brave Cherche or Minerva. 

I guess there are many other possible candidates, even armors. Try to find someone you like to play and give him HB/Galeforce. That's why Brave Roy is fun to play.

Can either Celica or Katarina benefit from using Rauðrblade+ over their own tomes? I don't have either, but I managed to pull my second 5-star Tharja, and I'd like her weapon to go to a character I like more someday, if it would be at all beneficial.

Wich Dancer do you prefer?

Ninian :

weapon.png Lightning Breath+ Fury 3 / Tadept 3
shield.png Dance B Wings of Mercy 3
skills.png Moonbow C

Hone Atk 3

Azura : 

weapon.png Sapphire Lance+ A  Distant Counter 
shield.png Sing B Wings of Mercy 3
skills.png Moonbow C Hone Atk 3

Other option is to change WOM for QR, remember Ninian has DC with the wapon of tiki nowi!

Edited by ignis_z

I'm not sure whether to give my Ninian (neutral) Panic Ploy or Infantry Pulse for C skill. She usually has a HP seal so that's 45HP. I don't have a lot of higher HP units at 5* (the main one is Bartre who gets to 49). Xander is at 44 without HP seal, and Ike is also at 45 with the other HP seal which i usually have on him. Bunch of people are at 43/42 HP. I have a +HP Fae at 4* if that's worth promoting, my Nowi OTOH is -HP (so 42HP).

For context I'm F2P.

Edited by salinea

6 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Can either Celica or Katarina benefit from using Rauðrblade+ over their own tomes? I don't have either, but I managed to pull my second 5-star Tharja, and I'd like her weapon to go to a character I like more someday, if it would be at all beneficial.

Celica should keep her own tome. Ragnarok allows her to be a Blade mage for one turn without being supported. You can also give Celica either Life and Death and Renewal for less support requirements, or Life and Death/Fury and Desperation so she can two hit knock out most units without fearing for counter attacks.

I would give Rauðrblade to Katarina since Owls are a bit restrictive in my opinion.

3 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Other option is to change WOM for QR, remember Ninian has DC with the wapon of tiki nowi!

I would go with Azura since she can tank red units better.

2 hours ago, salinea said:

I'm not sure whether to give my Ninian (neutral) Panic Ploy or Infantry Pulse for C skill. She usually have a HP seal so that's 45HP. I don't have a lot of higher HP units at 5* (the main one is Bartre who gets to 49). Xander is at 44 without HP seal, and Ike is also at 45 with the other HP seal which i usually have on him. Bunch of people are at 43/42 HP. I have a +HP Fae at 4* if that's worth promoting, my Nowi OTOH is -HP (so 42HP).

For context I'm F2P.

If she has mostly infantry allies, then I would go with Infantry Pulse since it will always do something at the start of the turn. Panic Ploy is not too helpful if the enemies are separated and no longer have buffs.

Edited by XRay

26 minutes ago, XRay said:

Celica should keep her own tome. Ragnarok allows her to be a Blade mage for one turn without being supported. You can also give Celica either Life and Death and Renewal for less support requirements, or Life and Death/Fury and Desperation so she can two hit knock out most units without fearing for counter attacks.

I would give Rauðrblade to Katarina since Owls are a bit restrictive in my opinion.

I would go with Azura since she can tank red units better.

If she has mostly infantry allies, then I would go with Infantry Pulse since it will always do something at the start of the turn. Panic Ploy is not too helpful if the enemies are separated and no longer have buffs.

Ur Azura has DC or fury 3? WoM or qr?

Edited by ignis_z

1 hour ago, XRay said:

Yeah my main arena team is usually Ike, Nino, one of Cordelia, Linde or Camus + Askr trio member/bonus unit... either way when i'm shifting things around to slot Ninian in, sounds like they'll mostly be Infantry.

Edited by salinea

1 hour ago, ignis_z said:

Ur Azura has DC or fury 3? WoM or qr?

I gave mine Fortress Def since she is +Spd -Atk. She has Wings of Mercy.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

I was less sure about Celica because of Ragnarok, but I'm good with keeping a unit with their base weapon if it works well. I'll probably go for Desperation, or at least I will whenever I get her.

Sounds perfect then, thanks. I may just give up on summoning Ninian and start pulling for reds on some banner, just on the very slim chance that I could give someone this Tharja. Especially since she was the one who killed my pity rate in the first place...

11 hours ago, ignis_z said:

Ninian :

weapon.png Lightning Breath+ Fury 3 / Tadept 3
shield.png Dance B Wings of Mercy 3
skills.png Moonbow C

Hone Atk 3

Azura : 

weapon.png Sapphire Lance+ A  Distant Counter 
shield.png Sing B Wings of Mercy 3
skills.png Moonbow C Hone Atk 3

IMHO a +HP Nature Ninian has become my favourite Dancer for Infantery Unit Teams because she can slap Infantery Pulse on her C-Skill and still have more HP then most Infantery Units.

Ugh, I still don't know what to do with my +Atk, -Res Eliwood other than give him Draconic Aura, Reposition, and Swordbreaker. Actually, it's more of I can't decide between Death Blow and Darting Blow for his A-skill. I have Swift Sparrow, but it would come from my a spare BH Lyn who is also the only unit with Attack Smoke which could be useful for some niche build. Also, not that invested in Eliwood I would dump Swift Sparrow on him.

Darting Blow would be easy to get considering Florina and Rebecca are kind of common units. For me at least. Also, Tharja, but red mages are the least common units for me. Well, red mages who aren't Raigh and Sophia, but I digress. Darting Blow gives him good overall results buffed or unbuffed. Death Blow is a bit harder to come by -- I'd have to use 20k feathers, summon at least two Kleins, or use my 5* Hawkeye -- and it would need buffs to become really strong.

I think I might go with Darting Blow...

For the record, made this post earlier checking numbers for Eliwood: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/70033-skill-inheritance-discussion/&do=findComment&comment=4979052.

Edited by Kaden

Alright, so I'm pretty sure this game wants me to use Seth, considering how many times I've pulled him in just the past few days. Just got a +Def/-Spd 4-star, which seems decent enough from what I can tell. What kind of skills would he want? If I'm going to keep getting him, I might as well have him do something useful.

Edit: Also, I've now pulled three 4-star Mathildas, which gives me a few questions. One Mathilda is +Atk/-Res, and the others are -Atk with +Def and +Res. The first question is, which of these should I keep? Mathilda would be quite magically tanky with more resistance, but the cost to her attack would be steep. The second is, what's a good weapon and build for her? Like with Seth, if I keep getting her, I may as well use her.

Lastly, are there any other units that could benefit from any of her skills, especially at their 4-star level? My immediate thought would be archers, but I rarely if ever run into -raven users, especially with Triangle Adept. I don't run any archers on my arena team right now anyway, and I could just use someone with WTA in Arena Assault. I guess I'm mostly asking if there's anyone that would like a Ridersbane over another lance. If not, I'd be happy to merge them for the stat boosts and lower promotion cost.

Edited by DefaultBeep

So I drew another 5* Camilla and I wish to remove this trash from my box immediately, I already have a brave axe+ Cherche so who else could i give her brave axe+/other skills to?