Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

2 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Alright, so I'm pretty sure this game wants me to use Seth, considering how many times I've pulled him in just the past few days. Just got a +Def/-Spd 4-star, which seems decent enough from what I can tell. What kind of skills would he want? If I'm going to keep getting him, I might as well have him do something useful.

Edit: Also, I've now pulled three 4-star Mathildas, which gives me a few questions. One Mathilda is +Atk/-Res, and the others are -Atk with +Def and +Res. The first question is, which of these should I keep? Mathilda would be quite magically tanky with more resistance, but the cost to her attack would be steep. The second is, what's a good weapon and build for her? Like with Seth, if I keep getting her, I may as well use her.

Lastly, are there any other units that could benefit from any of her skills, especially at their 4-star level? My immediate thought would be archers, but I rarely if ever run into -raven users, especially with Triangle Adept. I don't run any archers on my arena team right now anyway, and I could just use someone with WTA in Arena Assault. I guess I'm mostly asking if there's anyone that would like a Ridersbane over another lance. If not, I'd be happy to merge them for the stat boosts and lower promotion cost.

He could be a debuffer/green melee wall for Arena Assault. For Arena use, I would go with Brave Sword and Death Blow.

[+Atk, -Res] is allows her to get the most kills. She can run [Brave Lance, Escutcheon/Lune, Life and Death/Swift Sparrow/Fury, Lancebreaker]. You can also just stick with her Ridersbane and use her as a red mage cavalry counter, although the only one she is countering is Leo and he is not too common.

+Res is good, but her -Atk makes her Attack so low that she fails to kill a lot of reds even with Sapphire Lance.

You can maybe give Ridersbane to one of your less useful Lance users so they can act as a cavalry counter for Arena Assault.\

2 hours ago, Mackc2 said:

So I drew another 5* Camilla and I wish to remove this trash from my box immediately, I already have a brave axe+ Cherche so who else could i give her brave axe+/other skills to?

She is an amazing Reinhardt counter, so she is far from trash. Unless you are swimming with Reinhardt counters, I would keep her. You can give her Brave Axe to Amelia, Bartre, SF!Chrom, Frederick, Legion, and YS!Tiki. Michalis and Minerva could also use it to give them a higher kill count, although Hauteclere is pretty good already.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, XRay said:

She is an amazing Reinhardt counter, so she is far from trash. Unless you are swimming with Reinhardt counters, I would keep her. You can give her Brave Axe to Amelia, Bartre, SF!Chrom, Frederick, Legion, and YS!Tiki. Michalis and Minerva could also use it to give them a higher kill count, although Hauteclere is pretty good already.

Reinhardt isn't much of a problem for me all my teams have a way to remove him, besides I can't stand Camilla and giving Legion a brave axe sounds like a fun idea then he can probably hit many many many timses if i pair him with Brave!Lucina 

7 hours ago, XRay said:

He could be a debuffer/green melee wall for Arena Assault. For Arena use, I would go with Brave Sword and Death Blow.

[+Atk, -Res] is allows her to get the most kills. She can run [Brave Lance, Escutcheon/Lune, Life and Death/Swift Sparrow/Fury, Lancebreaker]. You can also just stick with her Ridersbane and use her as a red mage cavalry counter, although the only one she is countering is Leo and he is not too common.

+Res is good, but her -Atk makes her Attack so low that she fails to kill a lot of reds even with Sapphire Lance.

You can maybe give Ridersbane to one of your less useful Lance users so they can act as a cavalry counter for Arena Assault.\

Luckily I don't have as many units wanting a Brave Sword compared to a Brave Lance, so he'll be pretty high on the list to inherit one once I get some spare fodder for it.

I kinda figured that would be the best boon/bane. I just wish she at least wasn't either -Res or -Atk, since one is her main stat gimmick and the other is required to even do anything decent. At least I can wait to promote her in case I get a slightly better one.

I'll hold on to them for now then, in case I think of a good home for Ridersbane. Thanks again for the help; I have way too many units that I want to make decent, and too little time or fodder to make most of them a reality, but the help is very much appreciated.

I have so many questions, so little time! I guess primarily, I have 2 extra 4* Ninos, and I've been hearing that Gronnblade is one of the best Green tomes in the game? I already have a lvl 40 4* Nino, so I'm not exactly inclined to merge the three of them together since I don't really see the point in that? Any suggestions on what I should do with the extra Ninos?

I also have an extra 4* Effie, and I'm debating as to who is best to inherit Wary Fighter.  I also have an extra 4* Sheena, and I was thinking about giving her Svalinn Shield to Zephiel or Draug, though I never use either of them.  Then again, I hear that since there are so few armorslayer weapons it's not exactly worth it to inherit? Opinions regarding this?

FINALLY (off the top of my head at least) I pulled an extra 5* Seth (literally the only time this has ever happened to me) when I already have a lvl 40 5* Seth.  I'm debating whether or not it's worth it to merge the two, or if I should use him as inherit fodder.  I'm inclined to merge them, since what are the chances that I'd get a repeat 5*...Seth also happens to be one of my fav characters from Sacred Stones.

shamefully, I also just remembered another question.  Did anyone merge their 4* Clive from Tempest Trials a while back with a 5* Clive? Or did y'all use inherit for his Hit and Run thing?

1 hour ago, mewyeon said:

I have so many questions, so little time! I guess primarily, I have 2 extra 4* Ninos, and I've been hearing that Gronnblade is one of the best Green tomes in the game? I already have a lvl 40 4* Nino, so I'm not exactly inclined to merge the three of them together since I don't really see the point in that? Any suggestions on what I should do with the extra Ninos?

I also have an extra 4* Effie, and I'm debating as to who is best to inherit Wary Fighter.  I also have an extra 4* Sheena, and I was thinking about giving her Svalinn Shield to Zephiel or Draug, though I never use either of them.  Then again, I hear that since there are so few armorslayer weapons it's not exactly worth it to inherit? Opinions regarding this?

FINALLY (off the top of my head at least) I pulled an extra 5* Seth (literally the only time this has ever happened to me) when I already have a lvl 40 5* Seth.  I'm debating whether or not it's worth it to merge the two, or if I should use him as inherit fodder.  I'm inclined to merge them, since what are the chances that I'd get a repeat 5*...Seth also happens to be one of my fav characters from Sacred Stones.

shamefully, I also just remembered another question.  Did anyone merge their 4* Clive from Tempest Trials a while back with a 5* Clive? Or did y'all use inherit for his Hit and Run thing?

Soren and +Spd Cecilia would appreciate Gronnblade.

I would give Wary Fighter to Draug so he can double attack with his Brave Sword but the opponent cannot double counter attack. Svalinn Shield is not that useful unless you are at the top of the Arena running 4 armor units+10. I would prioritize giving her Fortify Armor away.

If Seth is one of your favorite units, pimp him out.

I have not trained mine yet, but I plan to promote the 4* to 5* someday and get 5*+1 eventually.

Is the classic Brave Bow+/Life and Death 3 setup best for Clarisse, or would she want something different instead? And what would be good for a Special and B skill? I assume the C skill is mostly just situational, but she has Threaten Def 3 right now, which seems decent enough. After promoting Xander to 5-star, I finally feel comfortable working on more expensive builds for units I like, and Clarisse is currently high on that list.

Edit: I know this isn't quite an inheritance question, but for the sake of not making a post on the other topic, I'll just ask it here: what's a better boon/bane for Lukas, +Atk/-Spd or +Def/-Spd? I pulled my second 5-star Lukas very recently, and I'm not sure who should be kept. And does anyone else really want a Killer Lance+, or would I be better off just merging them to give effectively 4 points to the unit's boon?

Edited by DefaultBeep

5 hours ago, mewyeon said:

He's sitting in my barracks.  Will most likely be used as fodder, one day.

2 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

Is the classic Brave Bow+/Life and Death 3 setup best for Clarisse, or would she want something different instead? And what would be good for a Special and B skill? I assume the C skill is mostly just situational, but she has Threaten Def 3 right now, which seems decent enough. After promoting Xander to 5-star, I finally feel comfortable working on more expensive builds for units I like, and Clarisse is currently high on that list.

Edit: I know this isn't quite an inheritance question, but for the sake of not making a post on the other topic, I'll just ask it here: what's a better boon/bane for Lukas, +Atk/-Spd or +Def/-Spd? I pulled my second 5-star Lukas very recently, and I'm not sure who should be kept. And does anyone else really want a Killer Lance+, or would I be better off just merging them to give effectively 4 points to the unit's boon?

I don't think it's a good idea.  31/34 offenses are fairly mediocre, and the only reason why Klein/Gordin can get away with it is because it's their default equipment (and my Klein's going to have his yanked for something else).  That's literally a point of speed faster than Klein, and you'd need at least 20,000 feathers (or a terrible Klein) to make it a reality.  If I could give her literally anything, it would be Savage Blow.  Her bow + Poison Strike is perfect for harassing other units.

For reference, my idea of a good Brave Bow user is a +Atk Leon, who has six more attack before Death Blow.  And even that isn't enough to delete certain characters.

Oh, right, the second part of the question.  Since I want Lukas to kill things, I'd use the +Atk one.  The +Def one can pass Fortress Defense to someone.

Edited by eclipse

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

I don't think it's a good idea.  31/34 offenses are fairly mediocre, and the only reason why Klein/Gordin can get away with it is because it's their default equipment (and my Klein's going to have his yanked for something else).  That's literally a point of speed faster than Klein, and you'd need at least 20,000 feathers (or a terrible Klein) to make it a reality.  If I could give her literally anything, it would be Savage Blow.  Her bow + Poison Strike is perfect for harassing other units.

For reference, my idea of a good Brave Bow user is a +Atk Leon, who has six more attack before Death Blow.  And even that isn't enough to delete certain characters.

Oh, right, the second part of the question.  Since I want Lukas to kill things, I'd use the +Atk one.  The +Def one can pass Fortress Defense to someone.

That all makes sense, though it's a bit disappointing to hear. I'm glad I asked before investing in any skills for her. I do like the idea of Savage Blow though. It's a shame that my only unit with that currently is a 5-star Camilla who is definitely giving her Brave Axe+ to somebody, but now I'll know what to do if I ever get her as a 4-star. I'll probably be bumping Olwen up in my list of units to work on in the meantime.

I've been swimming in Seths lately, so I'm honestly not sure who else to even give Fortress Defense to at this point, but I'll save him in case I do find a use for him. Luckily the +Atk one is who I already had and got trained up, so he's easier to keep around anyway. Thanks for the help!

Howdy hi!  I just got myself a Masked Lucina for Christmas the first time from the current TT (both 4 and 5 star).  I'm wondering what I should use as far as skills?  I currently am running Spur Attack 2, Bonfire and Reposition.  Should Ikeep down the route of using her as an offensive support unit or should I kit her for pure offense/massive damage?  And if I should go down the latter path, what skills should I equip that I haven't already?  I'm fixing to put either renewal or vantage on her to increase her survivability as a front-line unit, but I'm not sure what to have as my A-slot skill...

Edited by Selena4Lyfe

Would Olwen be better off with Desperation, a -breaker skill, or something else? I currently have her with Dire Thunder, Life and Death 3, and Iceberg (which I later realized wouldn't be as good with Life and Death, but too late now), though I'm debating giving her a Blárblade+ as well at some point for variety. She's +Spd/-Res (again, kinda hurts Iceberg, but I have no 3-turn Special fodder right now), if that matters.

Edit: Oh yeah, I switched the Summoner Support to her as well. I just started it, so she's only at 2 extra Res right now, but she'll eventually get those 2 extra points to every stat constantly, so there's that, if it affects anything. I also remembered that I do actually have a spare Valter I could use for Luna. Would that be better than Iceberg?

Edited by DefaultBeep

1 hour ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Howdy hi!  I just got myself a Masked Lucina for Christmas the first time from the current TT (both 4 and 5 star).  I'm wondering what I should use as far as skills?  I currently am running Spur Attack 2, Bonfire and Reposition.  Should Ikeep down the route of using her as an offensive support unit or should I kit her for pure offense/massive damage?  And if I should go down the latter path, what skills should I equip that I haven't already?  I'm fixing to put either renewal or vantage on her to increase her survivability as a front-line unit, but I'm not sure what to have as my A-slot skill...

If she is your best sword unit, I would go with Falchion, Moonbow, Fury, and Swordbreaker. If you have more resources, I highly recommend using Life and Death. Lucina does not need a Brave Sword in my opinion since it gives very similar performance.

I would not use Lucina!Marth for the Arena if you have Ryoma, Ike, or red mages since she is outclassed by them, but if you are using her as a Falchion Medic for Tempest Trials, she is great in that role.

This is mine:
Falchion, Reciprocal Aid, Moonbow
Life and Death, Renewal, Breath of Life
Breath of Life Sacred Seal

You can swap out Life and Death with Fury if you are on a budget. Other skills should all be obtainable at 4*.

52 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Would Olwen be better off with Desperation, a -breaker skill, or something else? I currently have her with Dire Thunder, Life and Death 3, and Iceberg (which I later realized wouldn't be as good with Life and Death, but too late now), though I'm debating giving her a Blárblade+ as well at some point for variety. She's +Spd/-Res (again, kinda hurts Iceberg, but I have no 3-turn Special fodder right now), if that matters.

Edit: Oh yeah, I switched the Summoner Support to her as well. I just started it, so she's only at 2 extra Res right now, but she'll eventually get those 2 extra points to every stat constantly, so there's that, if it affects anything. I also remembered that I do actually have a spare Valter I could use for Luna. Would that be better than Iceberg?

If she is using Blárblade, then definitely Desperation. If she is using Dire Thunder, I would go with Lancebreaker so she can quadruple attack better and break Effie's Wary Fighter.

I prefer merging limited units rather than sacrificing them, especially the really good ones like Camus, Xander, Zephiel, and Valter included. If you do not care about merging them, then there is no reason to hold on to Valter's extra copies.

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

If she is using Blárblade, then definitely Desperation. If she is using Dire Thunder, I would go with Lancebreaker so she can quadruple attack better and break Effie's Wary Fighter.

I prefer merging limited units rather than sacrificing them, especially the really good ones like Camus, Xander, Zephiel, and Valter included. If you do not care about merging them, then there is no reason to hold on to Valter's extra copies.

I'll probably give her Lancebreaker until I get more Odins to spare, then. Which may take a while since I plan to save my orbs for a while, but I do have Lancebreaker 3 and Desperation 3 fodder in the meantime.

Depending on how much I care about a limited unit, they'll fall somewhere in the ranking of "5-star + merge" > "5-star" > "merge" > "pure fodder." Valter falls into the rank of 5-star but not merged for me, so I'm content with sacrificing his copies. Most of the others I don't even have copies for, so they'll have to wait until reruns anyway.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

What can I do with a +Spd/-Def Lancina? I know Spd is one of her best boons, but wanted to know if -Def is an issue; I've given her the Def+1 Seal for now.

It depends on how you use her. Even then, banes do not matter too much as long as your boon is +Atk/Spd.

If you are using her as a Player Phase unit, -Def is not ideal, but you can work around it by being more careful with her and Assist her out of Enemy Range. If you can get [+Spd, -Res] in the future, that will be her best nature in my opinion.

I would not use her as an Enemy Phase unit since she functions better as a Player Phase unit, but if you are using her that way and you are giving her Distant Counter, -Def is her best Bane. If you are only using her to tank melee and give her Fury, then -Res would be the best bane.

Edited by XRay

16 hours ago, XRay said:

If she is your best sword unit, I would go with Falchion, Moonbow, Fury, and Swordbreaker. If you have more resources, I highly recommend using Life and Death. Lucina does not need a Brave Sword in my opinion since it gives very similar performance.

I would not use Lucina!Marth for the Arena if you have Ryoma, Ike, or red mages since she is outclassed by them, but if you are using her as a Falchion Medic for Tempest Trials, she is great in that role.

This is mine:
Falchion, Reciprocal Aid, Moonbow
Life and Death, Renewal, Breath of Life
Breath of Life Sacred Seal

You can swap out Life and Death with Fury if you are on a budget. Other skills should all be obtainable at 4*.

That pseudo-medic build looks swanky, think I'll steal it! xD

Seriously though, as squishy as my Ryoma is and given the fact that I don't have room for a proper medic on my team, I'll definitely be using that (and since they often fight side-by-side, I think they'll develop a beautiful friendship together; hell, I might as well ship 'em xD).  I already have the Breath of Life seal , and I think I have a couple spare Lissa's around for the BoL skills (or do I get renewal from her?  I forget...)  Speaking of renewal, I'm glad we share similar ideas in builds with that in mind. ^_^  (BTW, that'll stack with the Renewal 2 skill built into the Falchion, right?)

Thanks for the input, dude!

1 minute ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

That pseudo-medic build looks swanky, think I'll steal it! xD

Seriously though, as squishy as my Ryoma is and given the fact that I don't have room for a proper medic on my team, I'll definitely be using that (and since they often fight side-by-side, I think they'll develop a beautiful friendship together; hell, I might as well ship 'em xD).  I already have the Breath of Life seal , and I think I have a couple spare Lissa's around for the BoL skills (or do I get renewal from her?  I forget...)  Speaking of renewal, I'm glad we share similar ideas in builds with that in mind. ^_^  (BTW, that'll stack with the Renewal 2 skill built into the Falchion, right?)

Thanks for the input, dude!

Can confirm that Falchion stacks with Renewal, and it's great. In Tempest Trial and Chain Challenge, she'll refill 20 points of health at the start of every map. which is (often literally) a lifesaver. Lissa gives Renewal, but Felicia gives BoL 3 at 4-star, if you have any of her from summoning or the daily Hero Battles.

45 minutes ago, ignis_z said:

For an armoured emblem with HEctor Sheena, Zephyel and effie wich C skill is better=? thanks, and swap or pivot¿

I personally prefer Ward Armor on all of them to make them extremely difficult to kill, although you can switch one of them out for Goad Armor.

I personally prefer Swap so they can stay in formation easier. You can get to the battle quicker with Pivot, but then you will not be able to take advantage of the buffs as well.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

I personally prefer Ward Armor on all of them to make them extremely difficult to kill, although you can switch one of them out for Goad Armor.

I personally prefer Swap so they can stay in formation easier. You can get to the battle quicker with Pivot, but then you will not be able to take advantage of the buffs as well.

YEs i thougth in swap better than pivot, bot al warD? when being atacked they have no buffs true?

1 minute ago, ignis_z said:

YEs i thougth in swap better than pivot, bot al warD? when being atacked they have no buffs true?

As long as the armor units are in range of each other, Goads and Wards will always work in both Player Phase and Enemy Phase. Currently, there are no skills that nullify Goads, Wards, and Spurs.

Recently got a +Atk/-Spd Lyn from the Tempest banner, which seems like both a blessing and a curse. I've heard that Brash Assault works well with her weapon, but would her boon/bane change what kind of skills she would be best with? I've been thinking that Darting Blow 3 could be a good (and cheap) way to patch up her speed on player phase, which is when she'll want to be attacking anyway, but I wanted to see if there's any preferred options. And if she does want Darting Blow, what's a good boon/bane for Florina? I have a bunch, and I don't want to accidentally use up a potentially good one.

12 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Recently got a +Atk/-Spd Lyn from the Tempest banner, which seems like both a blessing and a curse. I've heard that Brash Assault works well with her weapon, but would her boon/bane change what kind of skills she would be best with? I've been thinking that Darting Blow 3 could be a good (and cheap) way to patch up her speed on player phase, which is when she'll want to be attacking anyway, but I wanted to see if there's any preferred options. And if she does want Darting Blow, what's a good boon/bane for Florina? I have a bunch, and I don't want to accidentally use up a potentially good one.

I would not invest too much into her, so I will go for Moonbow and Swordbreaker on top of Darting Blow to maximize her kills cheaply. Desperation-Brash Assault combo also needs Lyn to have a good attack as well to kill things, and without Swift Sparrow or Life and Death, Lyn will not be doing enough damage to kills things. I do not recommend giving her Life and Death until you get a better nature.

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would not invest too much into her, so I will go for Moonbow and Swordbreaker on top of Darting Blow to maximize her kills cheaply. Desperation-Brash Assault combo also needs Lyn to have a good attack as well to kill things, and without Swift Sparrow or Life and Death, Lyn will not be doing enough damage to kills things. I do not recommend giving her Life and Death until you get a better nature.

Works for me. I don't even have Brash Assault fodder right now (I've barely been pulling on greens lately, and I'd rather use Hinata for Fury 3), so that would've had to wait anyway. Thanks!

11 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Works for me. I don't even have Brash Assault fodder right now (I've barely been pulling on greens lately, and I'd rather use Hinata for Fury 3), so that would've had to wait anyway. Thanks!

I totally forgot about Florina! She has really crappy Speed, and her Attack is just as bad, so I would save a [+Atk, -Def] one and give that one Sapphire Lance and R Tomebreaker so she can tackle red mages. I do not think her Speed is salvageable, but you can try using [+Spd -Def] one too, but I am not sure if it will help her avoid a lot of doubles.

Edited by XRay

9 minutes ago, XRay said:

I totally forgot about Florina! She has really crappy Speed, and her Attack is just as bad, so I would save a [+Atk, -Def] one and give that one Sapphire Lance and R Tomebreaker so she can tackle red mages. I do not think her Speed is salvageable, but you can try using [+Spd -Def] one too, but I am not sure if it will help her avoid a lot of doubles.

Luckily the one I ended up sacrificing was none of those, just a +Def/-Res. The closest ones I have to those are a +Res/-Def and a +Atk/-Res, but they're both 3-star, so I guess I'll just keep my subpar +Def/-HP 4-star until I pull a better one, since that one's at least already level 40. I don't like her enough to spend 2,000 feathers on a boon/bane that's "almost good", especially when I already have better lance fliers that I like better.