Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

14 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Would a mRobin (+spd,-hp) prefer a weapon breaker or quick riposte more?

It depends on what you want him to check more. His most common breaker is Sword since many Bow users have poor Res which makes TA Bowbreaker overkill against them. QR is better suited to enemy phase baiting while Swordbreaker can pick up kills on player phase if you want.

Do you need someone to handle Brave Lyn? TA Bowbreaker and run a bulky DC unit for the rare Cancel Affinity variant.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Poimagic said:

What is a good set for an Elincia on a flier emblem team who is +Atk/-def?

Her allies should probably give her Goad and Hone Flier buffs, so if you do have a spare Caeda or Minerva, her C-slot could be either Fortify or Ward Fliers. Depends since if you're intending to run her with a -blade tome flying mage regardless if it's now or later since we're bound to get Aversa or whatever new seasonal flying mage later on.

A-slot can stay as default Death Blow 3 since Amiti's speed penalty being -2 isn't that bad and she would have 54 attack and 34 speed when initiating which she should probably always do. Otherwise, Swift Sparrow 2 could give her more doubles for 2 less attack; 52 attack and 38 speed, Fury 3 would be 1 less attack and speed, but is always constant along with giving her 24 defense and 30 resistance which could make it easier for her tank a hit if needed and two rounds of combat would put her in Desperation 3 range; and L&D3 would give her 53 attack and 43 speed, but drops her defense to 16 and resistance to 22. Anyone with less that 38 speed gets doubled by her, but she might not live against some physical units in between hits assuming they can survive against her without Escutcheon.

I think Death Blow would be fine since being on a flier team means she'll have +6 attack and speed with a Hone Fliers buff along with Goad Fliers giving her even more attack and speed buffs. With just Hone Fliers, she'd have 60 attack. The average defense is 25, so she'd do 35x2 against them. Playable units generally don't have +70 HP.

Flier Formation 3 is fine, but if you really want to, you can give her Desperation, Escape Route, Drag Back or Hit and Run, Wings of Mercy, etc.

Ardent Sacrifice plays well with Desperation 3, but if you're not into running a Desperation build, Reposition is apparently really good with fliers.

As for her special, probably either Luna or Draconic Aura or Dragon Fang for pure offense. Escutcheon works with well with Brave weapons, but with +Atk Elincia being able to have ~54 attack with her default Death Blow 3 and access to flier buffs, I doubt a lot of units will survive and be able to kill her on counter.

What would be good for a +Atk/-Spd 5-star Lilina? I've given her Rauðrblade+ (because I apparently have 5-star Tharjas to spare), Moonbow, and Attack +2 so far, but I'd like to have an idea of what would be best before adding or replacing anything else.

I've finally promoted a regular Adult Tiki to five stars. She's +Def -Res. I've seen that Fury is a good choice for her, but I was thinking of giving her my only Seth's (5*) Fortress Defense since I'm never going to use him, and I was thinkign it would be fun to have someone with such overkill Defense. Does that sound like a good idea?

4 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

What would be good for a +Atk/-Spd 5-star Lilina? I've given her Rauðrblade+ (because I apparently have 5-star Tharjas to spare), Moonbow, and Attack +2 so far, but I'd like to have an idea of what would be best before adding or replacing anything else.

To use RauĂ°rblade, Lilina needs as much Speed as she can get to double or to avoid being doubled, but I do not think her Speed is very salvageable with that nature. Salvaging her Speed will give her the best performance she can achieve, but compared with other Blade mages, she falls very short.

You can give Lilina Triangle Adept so she can function like Sanaki. RauĂ°rblade is a huge overkill on a Triangle Adept build though.

3 hours ago, Thane said:

I've finally promoted a regular Adult Tiki to five stars. She's +Def -Res. I've seen that Fury is a good choice for her, but I was thinking of giving her my only Seth's (5*) Fortress Defense since I'm never going to use him, and I was thinkign it would be fun to have someone with such overkill Defense. Does that sound like a good idea?

Fortress Def and Fortress Res are terrible on combat units. I do not think most Triangle Adept builds would want that either since they can just use Defense +3 or Resistance +3 to get similar results without crippling their Attack.

You can give it to pure support units since killing things is not their job. I gave it to my Azura.[+Spd, -Atk].

Edited by XRay

Pulled Nephenee yesterday, and she is a -attack +defense IV. Thought it was going to be terrible at first, but she has a 37 base defense followed by a 35 speed. She is essentially a fast Lukas, but with a little higher resistance. I have a few ideas for a build, but I want to know which would be better, and how to tweak the build a bit more.

So far I have Nephenee equipped with Defense Seal +1, Summoner Support, and Ignis. It puts her at a grand total of 40 Defense and 22 Resistance. From here I have 2 ideas. The first is replacing Slaying Lance and her A slot skill. I am thinking of replacing Slaying Lance with Berkut's Lance+, and giving her Defiant Resistance. Considering she already needs to be below full to get Wrath working, I figured a Defiant Skill might not be a bad choice. This, including summoner and ally support, puts her at a total of 42 Defense and 35 Resistance. Makes her a bit of a universal wall.

The other idea is focusing entirely on her defense instead. Instead of putting Defiant Resistance on her, I put Defiant Defense on her. This plus Ally and Summoner supports puts her at a total of 49 resistance without further buffs. Add Ignis to that, and Wrath, and she can pump out 49 damage just by activating Ignis. Obviously nothing to laugh at there.

So my question is, which would be the better build? Make her a bit of a more universal wall, or make her essentially a fast Lukas? And any further tweaks to make the build better?

8 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Pulled Nephenee yesterday, and she is a -attack +defense IV. Thought it was going to be terrible at first, but she has a 37 base defense followed by a 35 speed. She is essentially a fast Lukas, but with a little higher resistance. I have a few ideas for a build, but I want to know which would be better, and how to tweak the build a bit more.

So far I have Nephenee equipped with Defense Seal +1, Summoner Support, and Ignis. It puts her at a grand total of 40 Defense and 22 Resistance. From here I have 2 ideas. The first is replacing Slaying Lance and her A slot skill. I am thinking of replacing Slaying Lance with Berkut's Lance+, and giving her Defiant Resistance. Considering she already needs to be below full to get Wrath working, I figured a Defiant Skill might not be a bad choice. This, including summoner and ally support, puts her at a total of 42 Defense and 35 Resistance. Makes her a bit of a universal wall.

The other idea is focusing entirely on her defense instead. Instead of putting Defiant Resistance on her, I put Defiant Defense on her. This plus Ally and Summoner supports puts her at a total of 49 resistance without further buffs. Add Ignis to that, and Wrath, and she can pump out 49 damage just by activating Ignis. Obviously nothing to laugh at there.

So my question is, which would be the better build? Make her a bit of a more universal wall, or make her essentially a fast Lukas? And any further tweaks to make the build better?

In general, pure walls are not a good idea in my opinion. Walling off units without killing them is very risky since it charges the enemies' Specials and it could put them in Vantage range.

I would give her Triangle Adept so she can wall reds while still being able to finish them off quickly, and her Moonbow is fine. Ignis takes too long to charge.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

To use RauĂ°rblade, Lilina needs as much Speed as she can get to double or to avoid being doubled, but I do not think her Speed is very salvageable with that nature. Salvaging her Speed will give her the best performance she can achieve, but compared with other Blade mages, she falls very short.

You can give Lilina Triangle Adept so she can function like Sanaki. RauĂ°rblade is a huge overkill on a Triangle Adept build though.

Heh, giving her Rauðrblade+ was pretty much a case of "why not", since I have some to spare, and I like Lilina more than Tharja (and my next spare Tharja is reserved for Katarina if I ever get her). Although, I guess I'll ask: is there a weapon/build that's more recommended, and what's an ideal nature for it? I've only ever pulled one Lilina so I don't exactly have options right now, but I can keep an eye out in the future.

I have a spare Roy now too, so that sounds doable. Would she rather have something like Quick Riposte to help kill on enemy phase, or Swordbreaker/R Tomebreaker to help kill in general, or something else?

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

Heh, giving her Rauðrblade+ was pretty much a case of "why not", since I have some to spare, and I like Lilina more than Tharja (and my next spare Tharja is reserved for Katarina if I ever get her). Although, I guess I'll ask: is there a weapon/build that's more recommended, and what's an ideal nature for it? I've only ever pulled one Lilina so I don't exactly have options right now, but I can keep an eye out in the future.

I have a spare Roy now too, so that sounds doable. Would she rather have something like Quick Riposte to help kill on enemy phase, or Swordbreaker/R Tomebreaker to help kill in general, or something else?

Her default tome is fine for a Triangle Adept build, but since you gave her RauĂ°rblade, it is better use that to overpower other colors too.

I would give her Quick Riposte so she can handle all green mages and maybe some red mages too.

4 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Okay, I want to give my Elincia Goad fliers from my bad natured Palla (+hp/-Atk). But the Palla I want to give up is the only one I have. Should I sac her off, or no?

If you care about keeping at least one copy of each unit, then keep Palla.

Edited by XRay

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

Her default tome is fine for a Triangle Adept build, but since you gave her RauĂ°rblade, it is better use that to overpower other colors too.

I would give her Quick Riposte so she can handle all green mages and maybe some red mages too.

Sounds good then. Thanks!

So, I remembered that I have a +HP/-Def +1 Minerva that I've hardly touched since SI became a thing, and I'd like to try and build her up (if only to spend the 3500 SP she currently has). I assume that (especially with -Def) making her more offensive would be good, and Hauteclere and Life and Death seem solid for that. What would be good for her Special and B slot, and her weapon and/or A slot if those should be changed?

6 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

So, I remembered that I have a +HP/-Def +1 Minerva that I've hardly touched since SI became a thing, and I'd like to try and build her up (if only to spend the 3500 SP she currently has). I assume that (especially with -Def) making her more offensive would be good, and Hauteclere and Life and Death seem solid for that. What would be good for her Special and B slot, and her weapon and/or A slot if those should be changed?

Special: Dragonic Aura
B slot: Either a -breaker or Desperation.  I think Wrath would work?  Not sure about that last one.

I'd keep her A slot, if you want to focus on pure offense.  Otherwise, Fury is always an option.

Edited by eclipse

3 hours ago, NOTchazbc24 said:

should i stick with luna or go for bonfire? or maybe you guys would insist on another special?

I think she is fine with her default Luna.

13 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I would go for Moonbow so she can activate a Special in one round of combat if she eats a counter attack.

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Special: Dragonic Aura
B slot: Either a -breaker or Desperation.  I think Wrath would work?  Not sure about that last one.

I'd keep her A slot, if you want to focus on pure offense.  Otherwise, Fury is always an option.

...Shoot. I knew I should've saved those Female Corrins. Although I do have three 5-stars that give Draconic Aura, but since they include Brave Lyn (too good to use for SI), Camilla (would rather give away her Brave Axe+), and Alm (I just like the guy), I guess I'll be going with @XRay's suggestion of Moonbow, at least for now. Desperation is something I do have, though. Life and Death would definitely be the cheaper option over Fury, so I think I'll stick with that. Thanks!

I am thinking about setting up a team for TT.

My plan is Elincia, B-Lyn, Nino and Olivia.

I have limited resources when it comes to SI.

What do you think about this set-up for Elincia.

3*4* Florina will give her Darting Blow 3 and Breath of Life 2 

3* Palla will give her New Moon and Wings of Mercy 1 (new moon is what its at, wom for later)

4* Frederick will provide Luna and Wings of Mercy 2

4* Jakob will provide her with Renewal 2

I think renewal 2 is better than no renewal, same goes for breath of life 2.

I was also thinking about giving Nino Renewal 2 but since Elinica has ardent sacrifice, she might be the better choice. What do you think?

Any suggestions?

Edited by Prince Endriu

46 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

I am thinking about setting up a team for TT.

My plan is Elincia, B-Lyn, Nino and Olivia.

I have limited resources when it comes to SI.

What do you think about this set-up for Elincia.

3*4* Florina will give her Darting Blow 3 and Breath of Life 2 

3* Palla will give her New Moon and Wings of Mercy 1 (new moon is what its at, wom for later)

4* Frederick will provide Luna and Wings of Mercy 2

4* Jakob will provide her with Renewal 2

I think renewal 2 is better than no renewal, same goes for breath of life 2.

I was also thinking about giving Nino Renewal 2 but since Elinica has ardent sacrifice, she might be the better choice. What do you think?

Any suggestions?

Nino likes Desperation better than Renewal (or to be healed at all). 

Since you have limited resources, why do you want to change Elincias A-Slot? Death Blow is pretty good on her and she will get a +4 bonus on speed (and all other stats) for being a bonus unit. Luna sounds good, I went with Galeforce. 

At least one of Lyn (I guess its BH!Lyn and not BB!Lyn?) and Elincia should have Reposition, it makes many situations easier. 

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Nino likes Desperation better than Renewal (or to be healed at all). 

Since you have limited resources, why do you want to change Elincias A-Slot? Death Blow is pretty good on her and she will get a +4 bonus on speed (and all other stats) for being a bonus unit. Luna sounds good, I went with Galeforce. 

At least one of Lyn (I guess its BH!Lyn and not BB!Lyn?) and Elincia should have Reposition, it makes many situations easier. 

Forgot about the bride! :) yes, its the brave one and I will give her reposition.

In regard to darting blow - I want to give her breath of life first and foremost, plus seal, but if I sacrifice Florina 4*, Darting blow 3 will just go to waste anyway, and since I have both a 3* and a 4* Florina I might as well sacrifice both and thus give Elinica two skills. I think its not a bad idea to let Elincia have both darting and death blow. Maybe there is gonna be a situation in the future where she just might need a little bit more speed to get ghb done for example. Skills can be switched all the time and like I said, darting3 would otherwise go to waste. I like to be efficient with SI.

You are probably right about Nino. Renewal goes to Elinica. 

Thats quite a lot of skills she will get, so glad its TT with double SP.

Edited by Prince Endriu

2 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Forgot about the bride! :) yes, its the brave one and I will give her reposition.

In regard to darting blow - I want to give her breath of life first and foremost, plus seal, but if I sacrifice Florina 4*, Darting blow 3 will just go to waste anyway, and since I have both a 3* and a 4* Florina I might as well sacrifice both and thus give Elinica two skills. I think its not a bad idea to let Elincia have both darting and death blow. Maybe there is gonna be a situation in the future where she just might need a little bit more speed to get ghb done for example. Skills can be switched all the time and like I said, darting3 would otherwise go to waste. I like to be efficient with SI.

Don't you have a spare Felicia? She gives BoL3 at 4*. Since Elincia is a flying unit and will attack foes where her allies can't go, perhaps BoL won't help much anyway. 

13 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Don't you have a spare Felicia? She gives BoL3 at 4*. Since Elincia is a flying unit and will attack foes where her allies can't go, perhaps BoL won't help much anyway. 

Sadly I dont have any Felicia - 

hmm, you might be right will have to rething the BoL strategy. Will definitely give her renewal and luna

5 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

Sadly I dont have any Felicia - 

hmm, you might be right will have to rething the BoL strategy. Will definitely give her renewal and luna

Just curious, but what is your Elincia's Iv's? I'm asking because depending on her iv's it depends on what build you run on her and what team you run with her.

7 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

+atk -def. 

Good. I would say keep her a slot skill as death blow if she is plus atk. As for her other skills, it depends on what team she is on. Flier formation for her b slot skill if she is on a flier emblem team. Otherwise, Desperation, wings of mercy, drag back, hit and run would be better options. For her c slot, do what ever you want with it. For her support skill, keep ardent sacrifice of your running Desperation. If not, reposition works better. For her special, Dracoinic Aura, Luna, or Dragon Fang would work.

7 hours ago, Prince Endriu said:

+atk -def. 

@Poimagic Life and Death is much better in this situation. She gets a net +3 Spd in exchange for just 1 Atk.

The B slot choices are all fine, but I prefer Desperation and Drag Back / Hit and Run.

The special should be Luna. Def tends to be much higher than Res and isn't as reliant on buffing to get the damage on bulkier foes she misses the KO on. Save your Draconic Auras for non -Blade magic users instead.