Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

Yeah, that's fine.  His defensive stats aren't good enough for Iceberg/Glacies/Bonefire/Ignis and his offensive stats aren't good enough for Draconic Aura/Dragon Fang.  I can't see Luna being too useful on him, so that leaves defensive procs (which I don't really use that much, anyways) and Moonbow.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I've got two skill inheritance questions.

1) I want to build my Nohrzura and I have a few ideas. She is +spd/-def which is apparently one of her best natures. As for the build, it's her vanilla set, but adding WoM and Moonbow. How does that sound?

2) I recently got sword breaker 3 fodder and I don't know who to give it to. The candidates are Nowi and M!Robin. I'm leaning towards M!Robin though as I've heard that it can work wonders for him? Who should I give it to?

58 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Okay, I've got two skill inheritance questions.

1) I want to build my Nohrzura and I have a few ideas. She is +spd/-def which is apparently one of her best natures. As for the build, it's her vanilla set, but adding WoM and Moonbow. How does that sound?

2) I recently got sword breaker 3 fodder and I don't know who to give it to. The candidates are Nowi and M!Robin. I'm leaning towards M!Robin though as I've heard that it can work wonders for him? Who should I give it to?

1. Should work fine. Replacing Drive Res with a more relevant C passive would probably be better though. While there is overlap with her legendary weapon and, say, Hone Atk (4/3/3/3 instead of 7/3/3/3) Atk buffs are the most valued buff when fighting during player phase.

2. If Nowi has Triangle Adept, she does not need Swordbreaker to check Falchion users; Quick Riposte will do instead. Robin, on the other hand, can opt to run either Swordbreaker or Bowbreaker to improve his player phase and his enemy phase respectively.

Edited by MrSmokestack

5 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

1. Should work fine. Replacing Drive Res with a more relevant C passive would probably be better though. While there is overlap with her legendary weapon and, say, Hone Atk (4/3/3/3 instead of 7/3/3/3) Atk buffs are the most valued buff when fighting during player phase.

2. If Nowi has Triangle Adept, she does not need Swordbreaker to check Falchion users; Quick Riposte will do instead. Robin, on the other hand, can opt to run either Swordbreaker or Bowbreaker to improve his player phase and his enemy phase respectively.

Thanks for telling me this. And also, final question for now, what is a good support skill BK and what is better for BK, Quick Riposte or Vantage?

9 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Thanks for telling me this. And also, final question for now, what is a good support skill BK and what is better for BK, Quick Riposte or Vantage?

Both work, but I prefer Quick Riposte since he is more likely to be initiated against rather than initiate on.

I'm thinking, actually, for my Arena team next season, and I'm thinking to make my Inigo as a litrlblade mage. He's -Atk +Spd. But I need advice for his A skill. What will be the best on him ? I'm thinking about L&D or Fury, but I'm not sure (and I can only have L&D2 actually, if I feed him that skill).

What are good skills for a +Spd/-Res Female Corrin (normal)? Right now I have everything base except for Reposition, Triangle Adept 2 (both from Selena, still waiting on another Roy), and Swordbreaker 3. Would Lightning Breath+ and Quick Riposte be better, and should her Special and A skill be changed?

Also, is a +Atk/-Spd Nowi worth keeping, or should I wait for something else?

11 hours ago, Ledrert said:

I'm thinking, actually, for my Arena team next season, and I'm thinking to make my Inigo as a litrlblade mage. He's -Atk +Spd. But I need advice for his A skill. What will be the best on him ? I'm thinking about L&D or Fury, but I'm not sure (and I can only have L&D2 actually, if I feed him that skill).

-Atk is the best bane a support unit can have, so I would build him primarily as a support unit and give him Fury. You can still give him Gronnblade, but I prefer Gronnraven to give him a little more protection from archers, although it probably will not save him from Brave Bow archers though without Triangle Adept. Giving him an offensive build is a waste of his bane in my opinion. Support units should generally avoid combat, and I would only give a support unit an offensive build if they have the right natures for it.

2 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

What are good skills for a +Spd/-Res Female Corrin (normal)? Right now I have everything base except for Reposition, Triangle Adept 2 (both from Selena, still waiting on another Roy), and Swordbreaker 3. Would Lightning Breath+ and Quick Riposte be better, and should her Special and A skill be changed?

Also, is a +Atk/-Spd Nowi worth keeping, or should I wait for something else?

I prefer a Player Phase build so she can kill more enemies. You want +Atk for Enemy Phase builds. You can still give her an Enemy Phase set if you like those builds, and then merge her into +Atk copy later.

F!Corrin +Spd -Res
Dark Breath, Moonbow
Fury, Swordbreaker
Player Phase 79:1:96
Player Phase [+Atk] 83:1:92

F!Corrin +Spd -Res
Lightning Breath, Moonbow
Fury, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 65:1:110
Enemy Phase [+Atk] 94:1:81

Edited by XRay

1 hour ago, XRay said:

-Atk is the best bane a support unit can have, so I would build him primarily as a support unit and give him Fury. You can still give him Gronnblade, but I prefer Gronnraven to give him a little more protection from archers, although it probably will not save him from Brave Bow archers though without Triangle Adept. Giving him an offensive build is a waste of his bane in my opinion. Support units should generally avoid combat, and I would only give a support unit an offensive build if they have the right natures for it.

Okay, thanks for the advice.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I prefer a Player Phase build so she can kill more enemies. You want +Atk for Enemy Phase builds. You can still give her an Enemy Phase set if you like those builds, and then merge her into +Atk copy later.

F!Corrin +Spd -Res
Dark Breath, Moonbow
Fury, Swordbreaker
Player Phase 79:1:96
Player Phase [+Atk] 83:1:92

F!Corrin +Spd -Res
Lightning Breath, Moonbow
Fury, Quick Riposte
Enemy Phase 65:1:110
Enemy Phase [+Atk] 94:1:81

I shouldn't have been so hasty to 5-star my +Spd Corrin... Oh well, at least now she'll be +1 whenever I get her with +Atk. I'll just work on building both sets when I can, since player phase will be better with what I have now, while enemy phase is what I'll probably use with +Atk. Thanks!

For a second question, I just pulled a 4-star +Atk/-Res Klein. I assume the boon is his best one since he has Brave Bow, but would he be any better with a different bane? With how good he is for SI (so many of my units want Death Blow right now), I'm not sure I want to use him if he's not almost completely perfect. If it is ideal though, are there any changes that I should make to his base kit?

Edited by DefaultBeep

4 hours ago, DefaultBeep said:

I shouldn't have been so hasty to 5-star my +Spd Corrin... Oh well, at least now she'll be +1 whenever I get her with +Atk. I'll just work on building both sets when I can, since player phase will be better with what I have now, while enemy phase is what I'll probably use with +Atk. Thanks!

For a second question, I just pulled a 4-star +Atk/-Res Klein. I assume the boon is his best one since he has Brave Bow, but would he be any better with a different bane? With how good he is for SI (so many of my units want Death Blow right now), I'm not sure I want to use him if he's not almost completely perfect. If it is ideal though, are there any changes that I should make to his base kit?

I have that Klein too. Yeah, that is his best nature to maximize kills against neutral, vanilla units in the calculator. Depending on your play style, you might prefer a -Def one with so Klein can deal with mages a little easier, but the difference between -HP/Def/Res is pretty small when you have the right boons.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

I have that Klein too. Yeah, that is his best nature to maximize kills against neutral, vanilla units in the calculator. Depending on your play style, you might prefer a -Def one with so Klein can deal with mages a little easier, but the difference between -HP/Def/Res is pretty small when you have the right boons.

Yeah, the main reason I asked was because I saw his neutral Res is better than his neutral Def, so I wasn't sure if it would hurt him in the end. I'll keep him though, since getting a +Atk/-Def one specifically could take a while, and it sounds like he still works pretty well. Hinoka will have to keep waiting for that Death Blow, then. Thanks again!

A discussion at reddit brought me to check the numbers of Gordin. He is a surprisingly good & budget BH!Lyn-bait.

At neutral 4* and with simple Killer Bow, Bonfire and Bowbreaker he

• kills vanilla neutral BH!Lyn +10 on enemy phase. 
  • kills vanilla neutral BH!Lyn +6 with her special active on enemy phase.
  • survives vanilla BH!Lyn +ATK +10 with horse buffs (Hone + 2 Spur) on enemy phase. 

If he keeps his brave bow, then Ignis should be better to deal more damage on player phase. 

Btw: My 4* +ATK -HP Virion gets similar results with the same set but DEF+3 on A-slot. He is the same at HP & ATK but misses 3 DEF in comparison to Gordin. 

/Edit: I remembered to have a 4* -ATK +DEF Leon. He is pretty much like Gordin, but with a better killer bow and Ignis. 

Edited by mampfoid

12 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

I somehow managed to end up with an extra Takumi, who should get Close Counter? Boey or Leon?

Neither.  If you really want to be a jerk, Rein.

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

@DarkLordIvyI second and third this if you get more Takumis and Reinhardts.

All three of my +Atk Reinhardts have Close Counter. It is very satisfying teaching players how to prepare for the worst. I get a decent 900 Feathers compensation every week too for my generous effort.

Edited by XRay

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Only problem with this plan is I haven’t trained or 5*’d the +atk/-def Rein sitting around in my barracks :U

1 minute ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Only problem with this plan is I haven’t trained or 5*’d the +atk/-def Rein sitting around in my barracks :U

With great powers comes great responsibility. Now, you need to develop and use your powers to prepare players for the worst. The best way to do that is to train their tactical skills by making them face Reinhardt.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

With great powers comes great responsibility. Now, you need to develop and use your powers to prepare players for the worst. The best way to do that is to train their tactical skills by making them face Reinhardt.

One day I will join the ranks of the Reinscum but first I need to get through the other units on my promote list, and get me some actual db3 fodder. 

3 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

One day I will join the ranks of the Reinscum but first I need to get through the other units on my promote list, and get me some actual db3 fodder. 

But Reinhardt with Close Counter does not need Death Blow.

3 hours ago, Poimagic said:

I pulled a dupe Julia and I'm going to merge my old one into her. It's +atk/-def and I want to know what to give to her build. So, how should I build my +atk/-def Julia?

I make slow mages with good Resistance specialize in Triangle Adept builds with Moonbow and Quick Riposte. Breakers also work. I personally would not use her for normal Arena since she is so slow, but she is great in Arena Assault when you can take a peek at your enemies.

For slow mages with good Defense, I give them a Raven build with along with Bowbreaker.

Just got a 5-star Seliph from the Block A banner, so now that I have a 5-star +1 +Atk/-Spd Seliph, I might as well ask: what's a good set for him? Right now I have him with Tyrfing, Bonfire, Defiant Def 3, and Brash Assault 3. I was trying to work around Tyrfing, but I'm not certain anymore if that's even a decent idea, so are there better skills to give him?

13 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Just got a 5-star Seliph from the Block A banner, so now that I have a 5-star +1 +Atk/-Spd Seliph, I might as well ask: what's a good set for him? Right now I have him with Tyrfing, Bonfire, Defiant Def 3, and Brash Assault 3. I was trying to work around Tyrfing, but I'm not certain anymore if that's even a decent idea, so are there better skills to give him?

I don't have a 5* Seliph, but I found this built kind of impressive (but expensive of course):

12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I don't have a 5* Seliph, but I found this built kind of impressive (but expensive of course):

Definitely impressive, but also definitely... definitely expensive. I don't even have a Brave Ike for myself, and the only unit I have with Guard is a 5-star Titania, and she's nice to have for Horse Emblem. Also I'm pretty sure that Seliph is +Spd/-Atk, which seems kinda poor? Not sure how helpful that 28 Spd (30 once he hits A rank though!) would be for doubling much of anything. I'd hate to see how bad the boon/bane was on the Seliph they merged into this one. I do think I'll throw the Panic Ploy 1 seal on mine at least, I believe he has the most HP out of all my units that aren't armors.