Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

@sirmola Adding on to @XRay, Hone Atk isn’t redundant. Somtimes the team needs to split up, and when this happens having at least two Hone Atk units can keep you from missing KOs. However, Hone Atk isn’t necessarily your only option. Drive Spd, Drive Atk, and Spur Atk look at all this Atk are all excellent alternatives for the C slot. The Drives also have extra SP over Hones and Spurs which is better for scoring, but they are more rare to get ahold of.

Wings of Mercy is better as a filler B slot, as letting Reinhardt get attacked is riskier than having a more bulky ally get attacked and letting Reinhardt assist them. They cost the same amount of SP so there’s no trade off. Lancebreaker is his best B passive overall though.

Soren, Julia, Fjorm, and Raven are all good choices for your last unit. Soren, Julia, and Raven are green while Fjorm offers a metric ton of points in arena with just her base kit and a 300SP rally.

Edited by MrSmokestack

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Got both Klein and Leon at +atk

Which one would you promote

Leon is stronger but more expensive to build (would need to promote klein anyway to give him all his skills)

Klein already comes with the best skills

Promote and build both. If you don't have the feathers and no other Brave Archer ready, start with Klein. 

Klein is good and ready to use with his vanilla set (+ swordbreaker), but Leon has got the highest ATK value of all Archers and is worth to build in the future.  

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Promote and build both. If you don't have the feathers and no other Brave Archer ready, start with Klein. 

Klein is good and ready to use with his vanilla set (+ swordbreaker), but Leon has got the highest ATK value of all Archers and is worth to build in the future.  

Thanks 

Might actually think about getting them both up and running with time

btw Bridelia is stronger and faster than Leon :)

1 hour ago, Prince Endriu said:

Thanks 

Might actually think about getting them both up and running with time

btw Bridelia is stronger and faster than Leon :)

True, I forgot about her. Perhaps my brain tries to suppress her shier existence, because I never got her.

Its worth to have some of these Brave Archers, they max HM like nothing in TTs and the likes.  

Out of the following, who would appreciate Swift Sparrow 2 most? (Brave Lyn +Def -HP if you're wondering)

Spoiler

Male Corrin (+Atk -HP): Has no other skills at this time

Brave Roy (+Def -Atk): Has no other skills at this time

Trick or Defeat Nowi (+Def -Spd): Currently runs Fury 3 and Grimoire, cannot access Rauðrblade+ fodder at this time

Bridal Blessings Charlotte (+Atk -Res): Currently runs Brave Lance+ and Wind Boost 3.

Catria: +Spd -Res is in training, current Catria is +Spd -Atk, might go for Firesweep+ set when I get the feathers to.

Cordelia (+Atk -Res): Currently runs Brave Lance+ and Triangle Adept 3

Innes (+Res -HP): Still runs Nidhogg

Eliwood: +Atk -HP is in training, current is +HP -Spd

Mae (+HP -Def): Not built for any kind of battling right now, still runs Blárowl

Olwen (+HP -Def): runs no other skills, is actually quite weak right now

Edited by Xenomata

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Out of the following, who would appreciate Swift Sparrow 2 most? (Brave Lyn +Def -HP if you're wondering)

Hide contents

Trick or Defeat Nowi (+Def -Spd): Currently runs Fury 3 and Grimoire, cannot access Rauðrblade+ fodder at this time

Bridal Blessings Charlotte (+Atk -Res): Currently runs Brave Lance+ and Wind Boost 3.

Catria: +Spd -Res is in training, current Catria is +Spd -Atk, might go for Firesweep+ set when I get the feathers to.

Mae (+HP -Def): Not built for any kind of battling right now, still runs Blárowl

I am not a big fan of giving rare skills to melee units, but I think Cordelia might be the best one if you can consistently give her buffs, since she has good a good nature and decent movement.

I think only NS!Corrin, TOD!Nowi, and Olwen with Blárblade really want Swift Sparrow right now, but that is only if they are optimized, with [+Atk, -Def/Res] being the best. For other non-infantry blade mages, SF!Camilla, Leo, and Cecilia are too slow and Ursula cannot optimize her nature so they need Life and Death to patch up their Attack and Speed. TOD!Henry with +Spd and Blade would like Swift Sparrow too, but his movement is a bit slow outside of an armor team if he does not have an Armor March buddy.

I would advise against running Life and Death and Firesweep. Firesweep prevents counterattacks, so I think it is best to maximize Attack and Speed and dump Defense and Resistance.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

I am not a big fan of giving rare skills to melee units, but I think Cordelia might be the best one if you can consistently give her buffs, since she has good a good nature and decent movement.

I think only NS!Corrin, TOD!Nowi, and Olwen with Blárblade really want Swift Sparrow right now, but that is only if they are optimized, with [+Atk, -Def/Res] being the best. For other non-infantry blade mages, SF!Camilla, Leo, and Cecilia are too slow and Ursula cannot optimize her nature so they need Life and Death to patch up their Attack and Speed. TOD!Henry with +Spd and Blade would like Swift Sparrow too, but his movement is a bit slow outside of an armor team if he does not have an Armor March buddy.

I would advise against running Life and Death and Firesweep. Firesweep prevents counterattacks, so I think it is best to maximize Attack and Speed and dump Defense and Resistance.

My TOD!Nowi and Olwen are not optimized with the right nature (TOD!Nowi will have to wait for her next availability for that to happen), and the rest of the units you mentioned I either don't have or have optimized for some other reason, so... Cordelia I guess? She's at least flying, and TOD!Nowi does have Hone Fliers...

Did you mean running Swift Sparrow and Firesweep? Not dropping Defense/Resistance is probably one of the reasons one would run Swift Sparrow over Life and Death (by the way Tharja is really loving LnD3)

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

My TOD!Nowi and Olwen are not optimized with the right nature (TOD!Nowi will have to wait for her next availability for that to happen), and the rest of the units you mentioned I either don't have or have optimized for some other reason, so... Cordelia I guess? She's at least flying, and TOD!Nowi does have Hone Fliers...

Did you mean running Swift Sparrow and Firesweep? Not dropping Defense/Resistance is probably one of the reasons one would run Swift Sparrow over Life and Death (by the way Tharja is really loving LnD3)

Oh yeah. I was sleepy. I must not have been thinking straight.

On 12/7/2017 at 11:59 PM, Xenomata said:

Reveal hidden contents

I would honestly sacrifice B!Lyn for Atk Smoke before swift sparrow.

Between L&D and Fury 3 there's very, very few niches where Swift Sparrow is even relevant.

If 5 Def/5 Res is worth more than 1 Atk/ 1 Spd, then there's a good chance 3 Def / 3 Res is also worth more than 1 Atk/ 1 Spd, in which case you go Fury. (Fury, incidentally, also helps open up a little more enemy phase. Not much, but not much is still better than the no help at all on enemy phase that swift sparrow gives.)

If 5 Def/ 5 Res is worth less than 1 Atk/ 1 Spd, you go L&D.

Atk Smoke, at least, has the interesting niche where a unit can run in, ORKO someone, and use the -7 Atk to live through a single round of combat. Swift Sparrow is just a *shrugg* kind of skill. If you value 4* Hinata and 5* Hana over B!Lyn, by all means, feed her to whoever you want (I'd go with M!Corrin, probably, and pray Yato gets an upgrade.)

Atk Smoke Rogue Dagger honestly seems like a way more fun build to play with if you really wanted to fodderize B!Lyn, though.

+6/+6 Def/Res, -7/-0/-6/-6 in an AoE seems pretty neat if have a shuriken user with good bulk. Main problem is that Jakob looks like the best person for this kind of build, and he doesn't actually ORKO very well---meaning his target gets to smack him back before he gets his buffs up, and Atk Smoke doesn't work on the direct target.

8 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Say, is Moonbow really useful for Ephraim? I feel that with huge attack, he could use something better.

Siegmund with its special Refinement allows Ephraim to activate Moonbow during his first round of combat. In my opinion, it is usually better to optimize a unit's first round of combat since the more enemies the sooner you kill, the safer it is.

37 minutes ago, XRay said:

Siegmund with its special Refinement allows Ephraim to activate Moonbow during his first round of combat. In my opinion, it is usually better to optimize a unit's first round of combat since the more enemies the sooner you kill, the safer it is.

But would Moonbow really make such a difference? I mean, with high Attack and low Speed, Ephraim doesn’t seem like he would need Moonbow, I mean sure, things like Refined Siegmund and Quickened Pulse, he would pretty much use it in one turn, but Moonbow adds so little damage, which makes me wonder if Ephraim really needs it. I could give Quickened Pulse/Moonbow combo to someone who needs it more like Reinhardt and give Ephraim something like Draconic Aura. Not to say Moonbow is useless to Ephraim, but maybe he could use something better.

3 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

But would Moonbow really make such a difference? I mean, with high Attack and low Speed, Ephraim doesn’t seem like he would need Moonbow, I mean sure, things like Refined Siegmund and Quickened Pulse, he would pretty much use it in one turn, but Moonbow adds so little damage, which makes me wonder if Ephraim really needs it. I could give Quickened Pulse/Moonbow combo to someone who needs it more like Reinhardt and give Ephraim something like Draconic Aura. Not to say Moonbow is useless to Ephraim, but maybe he could use something better.

He doesn't need QP to activate Moonbow on the first attack. With QP and the redefined weapon you could give him Bonfire or Draconic Aura. 

With two attacks he will kill most low Def units anyway, Moonbow helps with the units of medium/high Def. 

26 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

He doesn't need QP to activate Moonbow on the first attack. With QP and the redefined weapon you could give him Bonfire or Draconic Aura. 

With two attacks he will kill most low Def units anyway, Moonbow helps with the units of medium/high Def. 

True, I guess I keep Moonbow, I give QP to another unit. I think I’ll give Ephraim Triangle Adept. It could work well with Moonbow.

5 hours ago, Water Mage said:

True, I guess I keep Moonbow, I give QP to another unit. I think I’ll give Ephraim Triangle Adept. It could work well with Moonbow.

Death Blow would be better in my opinion since the attack boost also works against blues. Triangle Adept only makes Ephraim strong against reds, which Ephraim has no trouble of killing.

23 hours ago, XRay said:

Death Blow would be better in my opinion since the attack boost also works against blues. Triangle Adept only makes Ephraim strong against reds, which Ephraim has no trouble of killing.

How useful would Sturdy Blow work for him?  I have fodder for both and the extra defense seems like it’d be pretty useful over the +2 attack. 

43 minutes ago, Eridras said:

How useful would Sturdy Blow work for him?  I have fodder for both and the extra defense seems like it’d be pretty useful over the +2 attack. 

The only A skills worth using are Life and Death, Swift Sparrow, Fury, and Death Blow for Player Phase units. Enemy Phase units should run Fury, Distant Counter, Steady Breath, Triangle Adept, Warding Stance, or Distant Def. Things like Atk/Spd 2 and Fortress Def are for staff users since they cannot run anything else. Darting Blow, Close Def, and Close Counter have niche uses. Everything else that is unmentioned are not worth inheriting unless you run out of all the previously mentioned skills.

Player Phase units should always focus on increasing their Attack and/or Speed. If it is a melee unit, Defense does not matter too much as long as the unit has +Atk/Spd.

Ephraim +Atk -Res
Siegmund [special], Moonbow
Death Blow
Player Phase 165:9:21
Player Phase [Enemies+10] 153:18:24

Ephraim +Atk -Res
Siegmund [special], Moonbow
Sturdy Blow
Player Phase 161:8:26
Player Phase [Enemies+10] 139:18:38

Sturdy Blow practically does nothing for Ephraim in my opinion. If you want to increase his bulk, you can run Guard on his B slot to shut down enemy Specials. Ephraim can also run Renewal like Celica if you are a bit lazy with healing like I am during Tempest Trials.

Edited by XRay

2 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

Draconic Gaze, Dragon Fang, Ignis, or Bonfire for my Christmas Chrom and Robin? 

Chrom is +atk/-spd with DC and Vengeful Fighter.

Robin is +atk/-res with DC and Vengeful Fighter.

•  

I would go Bonfire for guaranteed activation during every Enemy Phase.

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

How should I build my +def/-atk C!Robin? I have an interesting idea, but I want advice first.

WE!Robin+0 -Atk +Def
Brave Lance, Moonbow
Death Blow, Bold Fighter
Enemies+10
Player Phase 159:17:23
Player Phase [Neutral] 170:16:13
Player Phase [+Atk, -Res] 176:14:9

That is Blade tome level of performance right there, on a merge+0 unit against a merge+10 cast without buffs. It is time to tip the scales!

If he has neutral or +Atk nature, he is basically a Gravity debuffed 1 range Blade pony with full cavalry buffs always active without needing to be near allies to get the buff.

I pulled a +HP/-ATK WE!Tharja and a +RES/-SPD Lissa. Since I don't enjoy playing armors much and my only armor march (which is pure QoL) is on my only Amelia (+ATK/-SPD). If the next TTs will really have the Christmas units as bonus units, I want to play those two with armor march, but I don't want to waste feathers by using Amelia. 

Who should get armor march then? 

On the other hand, Amelia got +4 ATK in comparison to Lissa, perhaps I should give Amelia Bold fighter instead ... 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I pulled a +HP/-ATK WE!Tharja and a +RES/-SPD Lissa. Since I don't enjoy playing armors much and my only armor march (which is pure QoL) is on my only Amelia (+ATK/-SPD). If the next TTs will really have the Christmas units as bonus units, I want to play those two with armor march, but I don't want to waste feathers by using Amelia. 

Who should get armor march then? 

On the other hand, Amelia got +4 ATK in comparison to Lissa, perhaps I should give Amelia Bold fighter instead ... 

Amelia+0 +Atk -Spd
Brave Axe, Ignis
Death Blow, Bold Fighter
Enemies+10
Player Phase 171:17:11

WE!Lissa+0 +Res -Spd
Brave Axe, Glacies
Death Blow, Bold Fighter
Enemies+10
Player Phase 157:32:10

Giving Amelia Bold Fighter is pretty good.

I would put Armor March on ranged armor units. With the release of Bold Fighter, melee armor units can operate without receiving stat buffs, so they should carry Hone Armor to buff their ranged armor allies.

Edited by XRay

44 minutes ago, XRay said:

Amelia+0 +Atk -Spd
Brave Axe, Ignis
Death Blow, Bold Fighter
Enemies+10
Player Phase 171:17:11

WE!Lissa+0 +Res -Spd
Brave Axe, Glacies
Death Blow, Bold Fighter
Enemies+10
Player Phase 157:32:10

Giving Amelia Bold Fighter is pretty good.

I would put Armor March on ranged armor units. With the release of Bold Fighter, melee armor units can operate without receiving stat buffs, so they should carry Hone Armor to buff their ranged armor allies.

Ugh, that's really good. I was nearly convinced to sacrifice Amelia, but she seems to be strong with that built. Lissa is too nice from a design point of view (and I recently started playing Awakening), I won't sacrifice my only copy of her either. 

Tharja is my only ranged armor, I don't think I will use her much apart from Christmas TTs. Do you know an affordable built for her? 

Now the best choice seems to continue pulling on that banner ... but its just armors, not Cavalry or even Fliers.