Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

12 hours ago, XRay said:

WE!Robin+0 -Atk +Def
Brave Lance, Moonbow
Death Blow, Bold Fighter
Enemies+10
Player Phase 159:17:23
Player Phase [Neutral] 170:16:13
Player Phase [+Atk, -Res] 176:14:9

That is Blade tome level of performance right there, on a merge+0 unit against a merge+10 cast without buffs. It is time to tip the scales!

If he has neutral or +Atk nature, he is basically a Gravity debuffed 1 range Blade pony with full cavalry buffs always active without needing to be near allies to get the buff.

Sadly I find a few problems with this. A) I don't have any Bold fighter fodder units, B) I don't have DB 3 fodder and I have units who could use it better, and C) I've found a build that works for my C!Robin that isn't all just offense.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Sadly I find a few problems with this. A) I don't have any Bold fighter fodder units, B) I don't have DB 3 fodder and I have units who could use it better, and C) I've found a build that works for my C!Robin that isn't all just offense.

A) Sell you soul to Anna. Maybe she will improve your luck.

B) Colorless is the best color. Colorless master race!

C) That is good. But just in case you need a little more juice out of WE!M!Robin and have the resources, you know how to milk him.

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ugh, that's really good. I was nearly convinced to sacrifice Amelia, but she seems to be strong with that built. Lissa is too nice from a design point of view (and I recently started playing Awakening), I won't sacrifice my only copy of her either. 

Tharja is my only ranged armor, I don't think I will use her much apart from Christmas TTs. Do you know an affordable built for her? 

Now the best choice seems to continue pulling on that banner ... but its just armors, not Cavalry or even Fliers. 

For WE!Tharja, her default build is fine. Obviously, Bold Fighter makes every armor better, but it is expensive. I would pull a few from this banner to give it to your best armor units and wait for them to release Bold Fighter on a non-seasonal unit.

To improve her Enemy Phase build better, you may want to swap out her default tome for Rauðrblade, and give her allies some Hone and Fortify buffs on their C slot and Sacred Seal slot.

Edited by XRay

52 minutes ago, XRay said:

For WE!Tharja, her default build is fine. Obviously, Bold Fighter makes every armor better, but it is expensive. I would pull a few from this banner to give it to your best armor units and wait for them to release Bold Fighter on a non-seasonal unit.

Vengeful fighter is already pretty good on her and I don't have feathers to give her Blade+. But Hone Armor fodder is plenty available. 

Thanks!

52 minutes ago, XRay said:

Vengeful fighter is already pretty good on her and I don't have feathers to give her Blade+. But Hone Armor fodder is plenty available. 

Thanks!

56 minutes ago, XRay said:

Thanks!

59 minutes ago, XRay said:

Thanks!

/I shouldn't talk too much about my Galeforce units in this forum ...

Edited by mampfoid

Is there any point in replacing a +spd-def nino for a +spd-hp nino?

Thinking about adding another merge and wonder if a better def might make a difference  (with dc armor units in mind).

----------

A unit I have neglected is Eirika but I started using her to partner with nino or tailtiu.

She is +atk-def, gave her ta2. Am thinking about ta3 or fury3.

Now I checked my 4* Eirikas and got one with +atk-hp, whichs seems to be the better choice, and a +spd-hp. Quite a tough decision for me.

26 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Is there any point in replacing a +spd-def nino for a +spd-hp nino?

Thinking about adding another merge and wonder if a better def might make a difference  (with dc armor units in mind).

-Def is absolutely Nino’s best bane. The gain in Def from picking -HP does not matter since you lost HP for it anyway, only this time you also lose magic bulk.

26 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

She is +atk-def, gave her ta2. Am thinking about ta3 or fury3.

Now I checked my 4* Eirikas and got one with +atk-hp, whichs seems to be the better choice, and a +spd-hp. Quite a tough decision for me.

Either Triangle Adept or Fury works fine for Eirika. Fury Swordbreaker lets her check reds while giving a small boost to her bulk while Triangle Adept puts her Res to good use against green mages.

I would use +Spd to improve her bulk instead of +Atk. Eirika should rarely if ever be attacking.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

-Def is absolutely Nino’s best bane. The gain in Def from picking -HP does not matter since you lost HP for it anyway, only this time you also lose magic bulk.

Either Triangle Adept or Fury works fine for Eirika. Fury Swordbreaker lets her check reds while giving a small boost to her bulk while Triangle Adept puts her Res to good use against green mages.

I would use +Spd to improve her bulk instead of +Atk. Eirika should rarely if ever be attacking.

Thanks! Will think about it.☺

31 minutes ago, MartyLaufeyson said:

Just got a +HP -SPD Ninian. I'd like to correct her nature and use her as my Dancer, but I don't know who could give her Lightning Breath +. :c

A!Tiki and Nowi can be promoted to 5* to give Ninian Lightning Breath+.

28 minutes ago, XRay said:

A!Tiki and Nowi can be promoted to 5* to give Ninian Lightning Breath+.

Thanks!

Mh... I've got only a Nowi but she's -HP +DEF and I'm going to use her in Arena, and atm I don't want to promote my A!Tiki just for that, so...maybe I could go with Ninian's base Light Breath+ (+SPD or course)?

52 minutes ago, MartyLaufeyson said:

Thanks!

Mh... I've got only a Nowi but she's -HP +DEF and I'm going to use her in Arena, and atm I don't want to promote my A!Tiki just for that, so...maybe I could go with Ninian's base Light Breath+ (+SPD or course)?

Sometimes it works to just use the base weapon. I recently thought about what to do with my leo - certainly not one of the best units. Then I thought about him as possible blyn killer but didnt want to waste 20k feathers on him. So I just gave him regular raudrraven and bowbreaker/ta3. And it works! He is an awesome bait either killing her or leaving her with like 6hp taking little damage. Should I ever get more copies if him I might give him raudrraven+ one day.

1 hour ago, MartyLaufeyson said:

Thanks!

Unless you really need the stat boost now, I recommend saving your resources for Refining Weapons you plan to keep. If you do not plan on Ninian to keep Light Breath, then I would not refine it unless you are overflowing with Refining Stones and Medals.

34 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

I recently thought about what to do with my leo - certainly not one of the best units.

Leo is one of the best units in my opinion. He has access to Blade tomes and 3 movement. At the very least, he is better than all sword combat units simply by having 2 range and access to Blade tomes.

2 minutes ago, XRay said:

Unless you really need the stat boost now, I recommend saving your resources for Refining Weapons you plan to keep. If you do not plan on Ninian to keep Light Breath, then I would not refine it unless you are overflowing with Refining Stones and Medals.

Leo is one of the best units in my opinion. He has access to Blade tomes and 3 movement. At the very least, he is better than all sword combat units simply by having 2 range and access to Blade tomes.

I dont know. His speed is very bad and his atk isnt fantastic either. My leo is neutral btw even with horse buff he aint gonna pass spd 30. I might be wrong in my assessment, though.

Still, he is a great archer killer.

Btw, how to best prepare against winter tharja? My +atk tailtiu doesnt work on her, how could I change that?

Just now, Prince Endriu said:

I dont know. His speed is very bad and his atk isnt fantastic either. My leo is neutral btw even with horse buff he aint gonna pass spd 30. I might be wrong in my assessment, though.

Still, he is a great archer killer.

+Spd, Life and Death, and Hone Cavalry will bump his Speed up to 36, which is sufficient for most nuking purposes. With a Blade tome and Hone Cavalry buff, Leo can hit 60 Attack (29+13+18=60). He is not comparable to Tharja in terms of sheer power, but Leo has 3 movement; as part of a cavalry team, Leo has much more positioning flexibility. Map control is just as important as combat performance.

24 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Btw, how to best prepare against winter tharja? My +atk tailtiu doesnt work on her, how could I change that?

Tailtiu should have no problem crushing WE!Tharja. Are you giving her the right skills?

Tailtiu 5*+0 [neutral, Blárblade, Life and Death, 4/4/0/0] over kills WE!Tharja 5*+10 [neutral, vanilla, HP +5 Sacred Seal] by 12 HP.

8 minutes ago, XRay said:

+Spd, Life and Death, and Hone Cavalry will bump his Speed up to 36, which is sufficient for most nuking purposes. With a Blade tome and Hone Cavalry buff, Leo can hit 60 Attack (29+13+18=60). He is not comparable to Tharja in terms of sheer power, but Leo has 3 movement; as part of a cavalry team, Leo has much more positioning flexibility. Map control is just as important as combat performance.

Tailtiu should have no problem crushing WE!Tharja. Are you giving her the right skills?

Tailtiu 5*+0 [neutral, Blárblade, Life and Death, 4/4/0/0] over kills WE!Tharja 5*+10 [neutral, vanilla, HP +5 Sacred Seal] by 12 HP.

Just fury3, sometimes she kills her, sometimes not. Depends on if Tharja is +10, I guess

WHat are the best skills for a medic build of masked marth? Note that I don't have any spare 5* units with Close Counter 3 or anything like that, but I do have a 4* fae (for renewal 3), A 4* felicia (for Breath of Life 3), and a variety of units with daylight, sol, Darting Blow 3, reciprical aid, ardent sacrafice, and a variety of other skills.

Edited by sirmola

35 minutes ago, sirmola said:

WHat are the best skills for a medic build of masked marth? Note that I don't have any spare 5* units with Close Counter 3 or anything like that, but I do have a 4* fae (for renewal 3), A 4* felicia (for Breath of Life 3), and a variety of units with daylight, sol, Darting Blow 3, reciprical aid, ardent sacrafice, and a variety of other skills.

Darting Blow, Renewal and an healing skill are perfect and budget enough, I'm running the same set on MM. Most recommend Reciprocal Aid since it can heal faster, but also Ardent sacrifice is ok if you happen to have a big heap of Florinas. 

Darting Blow can be changed for a more defensive skill or HP+ to heal better with RA. The C-Skill is up to you. In my opinion breath of life is of limited use, but you never go wrong with hone ATK (+ hone SPD seal). 

Edited by mampfoid

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Prince Endriu +Def -HP is neutral Boey with a loss of Res. I would use +Atk -Spd to bring up his Atk. Spd doesn't matter since he'll use Bowbreaker anyway.

Thanks - I wouldnt necessarily say neutral, though. Low speed units get doubled often and a higher defense halves the loss in hp.

1 hour ago, sirmola said:

I would also add breath of life if you have it, cant have too much healing in regard to TT. Also if you happen to no have renewal 3 but access to renewal 1. Take it!!!! It will trigger at the beginning of each new stage - better than no renewal.

1 minute ago, Prince Endriu said:

Thanks - I wouldnt necessarily say neutral, though. Low speed units get doubled often and a higher defense halves the loss in hp.

I would also add breath of life if you have it, cant have too much healing in regard to TT. Also if you happen to no have renewal 3 but access to renewal 1. Take it!!!! It will trigger at the beginning of each new stage - better than no renewal.

I should Note That I don't actualy have Masked Marth yet. I'm just planning what to do with the TT reward Masked Marth. I have Christmas chrom that I am running as the bonus unit (probably with my genny for healing backup.). I will probably use masked marth for the TT after i get her, though. I have reciprocal aid, Darting blow3, renewal 3, and Breath of life 3.

Also, should I run Sol or Daylight as her special to restore her HP quicker, or is that overkill?