Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need help revisiting a distant counter Camilla build (+spd-def). The possible weapon choices I have are emerald ax, sack o' gifts and slaying ax. The possible b slots I have available are guard 3, and quick riposte. With the seals of quick riposte and distant defense.

23 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I need help revisiting a distant counter Camilla build (+spd-def). The possible weapon choices I have are emerald ax, sack o' gifts and slaying ax. The possible b slots I have available are guard 3, and quick riposte. With the seals of quick riposte and distant defense.

If you are using her for Arena Assault, [Emerald Axe, Glimmer, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte] is more than enough.

For Arena, I would go with Guard-Quick Riposte to shut down Specials. If you need scoring, then you may want to run Quick Riposte-Distant Def instead and you might want to consider Aether as well. Resistance Refined Slaying Axe is also good for scoring, but I prefer Emerald Axe for more reliability. Sack O' Gifts is better than Slaying Axe, but I personally prefer merging seasonal units rather than foddering them. You may also want to consider Noontime (or Sol with Slaying Axe) since I do not think she needs her Special to kill any blue mages except Odin and M!Robin +10 with Fury.

1 hour ago, TheBraveGallade said:

Uh so... I have a spare L ike.

Should I merge him, or feed warding breath to my nowi (currently -res+spd with fury 3 at +5, planning to switch to -HP +spd)

I would go with whoever you use more. Merge if you use VL!Ike more, fodder if you use Nowi more.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

I would go with whoever you use more. Merge if you use VL!Ike more, fodder if you use Nowi more.

The thing is, I like both.

Nowi has been a mainstay from the beguinning, she started at my first summon as a 4*. 

VL!ike though has been quickly rising as a REALLY good teamate to nowi. I've been lacking a good infantry DC unit you see... and VLike  so far has done an amazing job at killing nowi counters. So much so that I've givin nowi the earth blessing.

15 minutes ago, TheBraveGallade said:

The thing is, I like both.

Nowi has been a mainstay from the beguinning, she started at my first summon as a 4*. 

VL!ike though has been quickly rising as a REALLY good teamate to nowi. I've been lacking a good infantry DC unit you see... and VLike  so far has done an amazing job at killing nowi counters. So much so that I've givin nowi the earth blessing.

If you use both, I would prioritize Nowi since VL!Ike is only getting +2 stat points whereas Nowi would be getting a new skill to help compensate her Lightning Breath's increased cool down.

6 hours ago, TheBraveGallade said:

Aether for nowi?

You might want to drop Nowi's Speed to neutral or lower to make sure she can get doubled more easily and activate Aether.

8 hours ago, TheBraveGallade said:

huh.. so no to aether? since I use a + spd summoner support nowi with spd forge.

If you want to use Aether and activate it, you will need to drop Nowi's Speed, or else she will be less likely to be doubled and not activate Aether.

I am not sure why you want to give Nowi Speed since she will still be doubled by properly built fast units.

Aether 6 Cool Down; Steady Breath Charge +1:

Enemy Initiates 6-2=4

Nowi Counters 4-2=2

Enemy Follow Up 2-2=0

Nowi Quick Riposte 0-2=Special Activates

5 hours ago, XRay said:

If you want to use Aether and activate it, you will need to drop Nowi's Speed, or else she will be less likely to be doubled and not activate Aether.

I am not sure why you want to give Nowi Speed since she will still be doubled by properly built fast units.

Aether 6 Cool Down; Steady Breath Charge +1:

Enemy Initiates 6-2=4

Nowi Counters 4-2=2

Enemy Follow Up 2-2=0

Nowi Quick Riposte 0-2=Special Activates

She gets 40 speed with summoner suport fury and forge, which is enough to avoid neutral ayras at least. Plus she douvles SOOO many mid speed units at 37~40 speed

I just got a -def +res Brave Lucina, and I already have the neutral one who i originally picked as my free brave . I use her decently frequently, but she is not in my most frequently used units. WHat should I do with my new one?

1. merge the old one into the new one. (if the new nature is much better.)

2. merge the new one into the old one.

3. Have someone inherit aether and sturdy blow (I can pass down both by having them inherit Armor blow one, new moon, and luna from a  4* catria I have lying around.)

4. Wait untill Iknow who the free unit is. If it is Brave Ike (who I already have one of), I hear Aether combos very well with Steady Breath (such as on nowi, and most other tanky units)

Edit: I read the convo above, and yes, my nowi is -spd +atk.

Edited by sirmola

5 hours ago, sirmola said:

2. merge the new one into the old one.

3. Have someone inherit aether and sturdy blow (I can pass down both by having them inherit Armor blow one, new moon, and luna from a  4* catria I have lying around.)

4. Wait untill Iknow who the free unit is. If it is Brave Ike (who I already have one of), I hear Aether combos very well with Steady Breath (such as on nowi, and most other tanky units)

I would go with 2 or 3/4. If you are sacrificing her to an Enemy Phase unit, then you can have the unit get Drive Speed instead of Sturdy Blow.

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

What B skill would a +Atk, -HP Raven appreciate, Wrath or Desperation? He has the unique weapon refine and Fury equipped.

Desperation is better. Once he gets into Desperation range, he is basically wielding a Brave Axe. Player Phase units' greatest strength lies in turn order manipulation. Slow Brave users in practice have infinite Speed since they attack twice without the enemy countering (assuming the enemy dies).

I'm building +SPD bride Caeda as and infantry blade mage. Right now, her skillset is

Barblade+

ardent sacrifice

Moonbow

Atk/res+2

Desperation

Hone spd/Drive spd

Obviously, the A skill here is not ideal. I have seen guides recommend Life or death, but I have no copies of sothe despite quite a bit of colorless pulling. I have a Katarina with a garbage nature and swift sparrow 2, but I have no idea when or if I will ever get another one, so I want to wait untill the optimal moment to use her. Note that I also have a raven that i want to build, and want to build blade mages of other unit types eventualy. Should I use my one copy of swift sparrow here? Or should i run some sort of placeholder build, like my current atk/res+2, flowing strike or a defiant skill (because they give you field buffs, unlike every other self-buffing skill in the game). No copies of klien either, so death blow is not a budget option.

Edited by sirmola

1 hour ago, sirmola said:

I'm building +SPD bride Caeda as and infantry blade mage. Right now, her skillset is

Barblade+

ardent sacrifice

Moonbow

Atk/res+2

Desperation

Hone spd/Drive spd

Obviously, the A skill here is not ideal. I have seen guides recommend Life or death, but I have no copies of sothe despite quite a bit of colorless pulling. I have a Katarina with a garbage nature and swift sparrow 2, but I have no idea when or if I will ever get another one, so I want to wait untill the optimal moment to use her. Note that I also have a raven that i want to build, and want to build blade mages of other unit types eventualy. Should I use my one copy of swift sparrow here? Or should i run some sort of placeholder build, like my current atk/res+2, flowing strike or a defiant skill (because they give you field buffs, unlike every other self-buffing skill in the game). No copies of klien either, so death blow is not a budget option.

I believe you are looking for Fury or Darting Blow. Between the two, Fury increases damage and gets you into Desperation range faster, while Darting Blow allows Desperation to activate against faster targets.

16 minutes ago, XRay said:

I believe you are looking for Fury or Darting Blow. Between the two, Fury increases damage and gets you into Desperation range faster, while Darting Blow allows Desperation to activate against faster targets.

Wait, you mean  as a budget build, right? In that case, you mean I should wait for LoD as her prefered A skill? Also, She has 42 atk and 40 spd unboosted with blar blade+ equiped (and 35HP, so that desperation triggers after one ardent sacrafice). WHich of the skills works better in that instance?

Also, What is the best use for my one copy of swift sparrow?

Edited by sirmola

9 hours ago, sirmola said:

Wait, you mean  as a budget build, right? In that case, you mean I should wait for LoD as her prefered A skill?

Life and Death, Swift Sparrow, Fury, and Brazen Atk/Spd (whenever that is released into the general summoning pool), are generally the best options and they all serve slightly different purposes from each other to suit your play style.

Life and Death and Fury operate similarly in that they try to increase the damage the unit receives to drop into Desperation range. The difference is that Life and Death is more risky since it increases the counter damage the unit will receive (and potentially die), but you also hit harder and faster. With Life and Death, once you get into Desperation range, Desperation is also more likely to activate since the unit is faster, so it is less risky than Fury in that sense.

On the other hand, Fury will limit counter damage and make up for that by applying a flat 6 HP recoil damage after combat to drop into Desperation range more safely. However, the trade off is that the unit hits softer and slower and it does not perform as well once the unit gets into Desperation range (the unit might not be able to double some units, so Desperation will not activate and the enemy will counter and kill). Fury also allows a Player Phase unit to act like an Enemy Phase unit in its first round of combat if you so choose before transitioning to a Player Phase role.

Swift Sparrow gives up permanent stat boosts in favor of focusing on just Player Phase performance, which is not really a big draw back for nukes since they generally do not want to be hit on Enemy Phase anyways. Compared with Life and Death, Swift Sparrow is a lot less risky since it preserves your bulk for eating a counter safely. In my opinion, Swift Sparrow is generally better than Fury since Swift Sparrow gives you an extra 1 Atk/Spd, and taking normal counter damage is about the same as taking less counter damage and then taking recoil damage after combat.

Darting Blow may be a budget option, but it sometimes work better than Fury, so if you do not have Swift Sparrow, you can make do with Darting Blow.

Brazen Atk/Spd gives up first round performance in exchange for superior second round performance and beyond. If you do not mind having a weak first round combat, Brazen Atk/Spd is the best A skill. In my opinion, giving up a unit's first round performance is a huge deal, so it is not for everyone.

Also, She has 42 atk and 40 spd unboosted with blar blade+ equiped (and 35HP, so that desperation triggers after one ardent sacrafice). WHich of the skills works better in that instance?

In my opinion, positioning Assists are better than Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid since they allow a more effective retreat, and Enemy counters and recoil damage are much quicker at setting up Desperation than HP manipulation Assists. If you are using enemy counters to get into Desperation range, then HP manipulation Assists are pretty redundant. HP manipulation Assists also require one of her teammates to be damaged first, and you might not want any of your units to be hit if the enemy team is full of Blade ponies and none of your units can tank them. I would only use HP manipulation Assists after you have gave them Fury and you still have trouble getting them into Desperation range.

If you insist on using Ardent Sacrifice, then I would go with Life and Death, but ideally you would use Brazen Atk/Spd since her first round of combat would already have her HP reduced.

Also, What is the best use for my one copy of swift sparrow?

I would save it for flying or cavalry Blade mages. If they have decent Speed, these mages perform better with Swift Sparrow than Life and Death in their first round of combat since Swift Sparrow preserves their bulk. Hone Cavalry and Hone Fliers boost up these mages' offensive stats so much that their defensive stats start to bottle neck their performance if you lower them.

Infantry mages like Linde with 35+ Attack and Speed would also prefer Swift Sparrow over Life and Death.

Just promoted a +Spd Raven and +Spd L’Arachel to 5 Star. Was thinking of giving them Swift Sparrow and Life and Death, respectively? Also, Triangle Adept for Lyon? Does this work out?

I like seeing L’Arachel being able to reach 39 speed, and with a speed sacred seal, 42. However, her res is already pretty nice and I’m not sure if it would be a bad idea to bring it down for the higher attack/speed. Looking back, I did the exact same thing for my +Spd Mae. Gave her Life and Death, she reached 39 speed (44 with Blarowl spd refine and sacred seal) but her res dropped to 25.

Edited by Carter

2 hours ago, Carter said:

Just promoted a +Spd Raven and +Spd L’Arachel to 5 Star. Was thinking of giving them Swift Sparrow and Life and Death, respectively? Also, Triangle Adept for Lyon? Does this work out?

I like seeing L’Arachel being able to reach 39 speed, and with a speed sacred seal, 42. However, her res is already pretty nice and I’m not sure if it would be a bad idea to bring it down for the higher attack/speed. Looking back, I did the exact same thing for my +Spd Mae. Gave her Life and Death, she reached 39 speed (44 with Blarowl spd refine and sacred seal) but her res dropped to 25.

For Raven, you may want to consider Fury over Swift Sparrow since it is cheaper for slightly worse performance, but it also results in a lot less deaths, which in turn gets him into Desperation range more safely.

Raven +Spd, -Res
Basilikos [special Refinement], Moonbow
Desperation
Speed +3
Enemies +Spd, Fury overwrite
Player Phase [Swift Sparrow] 173:22:24
Player Phase [Fury] 170:6:43
Player Phase [Luna, Swift Sparrow] 182:21:16
Player Phase [Luna, Fury] 182:5:32

For L'Arachel, it mostly depends on if you can get her into Desperation range before engaging Distant Counter melee units. Life and Death is not bad, but if she does not eat a magic counter to hit Desperation range, she probably would not be able to take on Distant Counter melee units without dying on the counter. If you choose to give Raven Fury instead of Swift Sparrow, she can run Swift Sparrow and it would preserve both her bulk nicely to let her safely eat most counters.

Lyon is fine with Triangle Adept. I would just give him a regular Raven build; it should compliment Naglfar well.

Edited by XRay