Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

I was pitybroken by a Faye. That means Firesweep Bow. But I don't know who should get it.

Candidates are CYL Lyn and Bride Cordelia. I'm inclined to pick the latter since I like her more. But I do use CYL Lyn a bit more often because of FTP videos. So who should get that valuable bow?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I was pitybroken by a Faye. That means Firesweep Bow. But I don't know who should get it.

Candidates are CYL Lyn and Bride Cordelia. I'm inclined to pick the latter since I like her more. But I do use CYL Lyn a bit more often because of FTP videos. So who should get that valuable bow?

Free-to-play videos that use Bow Lyn will either use her default skills or some easy to obtain skills. I don't think there will be a free-to-play video that requires 5* exclusive skill inheritance. Bow Lyn uses almost any bow well. However, not counting guides, she would put a firesweep bow to good use with her cavalry range. If Faye were demoted at some point, then we could see firesweep on guides, but we don't know if that will ever happen.

3 minutes ago, Tree said:

Free-to-play videos that use Bow Lyn will either use her default skills or some easy to obtain skills. I don't think there will be a free-to-play video that requires 5* exclusive skill inheritance. Bow Lyn uses almost any bow well. However, not counting guides, she would put a firesweep bow to good use with her cavalry range. If Faye were demoted at some point, then we could see firesweep on guides, but we don't know if that will ever happen.

Okay, true, and what about Bride Cordelia then? I think she'd use it well too, she has high Spd and good Atk.

Edited by Anacybele

I haven't gotten a Bow Cordelia, so I don't know for sure. Most of the time I encounter Cordelia, she has a Brave Bow, which she uses to good effect. Firesweep weapons work well with high speed units; if she will reliably double enemies, I don't see why she wouldn't be good with a Firesweep Bow. One thing to note about firesweep weapons - they disable your own counter attacks. You won't be able to bait units while it is equipped. There was a new skill introduced recently that changes this behavior though. (I think it might have been on Nailah.)

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I would give it to whoever you use the most.

I personally lean towards BB!Cordelia since she got higher Atk and the same Spd. Cavalry movement is not as good as it used to be with the amount of trenches present in a lot of maps, so in terms of mobility, I think both are about the same.

Alternatively, I would just save Faye and give it to a flying archer whenever you get one in the future. WOF!Hinoka and ASS!Takumi got offensive stats that are just as good, but they also have much better mobility as fliers.

5 hours ago, Tree said:

One thing to note about firesweep weapons - they disable your own counter attacks. You won't be able to bait units while it is equipped. There was a new skill introduced recently that changes this behavior though. (I think it might have been on Nailah.)

Even with Null C-Counter being available, ranged units with Firesweep weapons should not be tanking anything at all on Enemy Phase. BB!Cordelia is super fragile herself and nukes will just kill her in one shot. I think it makes more sense for melee Firesweep users to run Null C-Disrupt since they got the bulk to handle being initiated on.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

I would give it to whoever you use the most.

I personally lean towards BB!Cordelia since she got higher Atk and the same Spd. Cavalry movement is not as good as it used to be with the amount of trenches present in a lot of maps, so in terms of mobility, I think both are about the same.

Alternatively, I would just save Faye and give it to a flying archer whenever you get one in the future. WOF!Hinoka and ASS!Takumi got offensive stats that are just as good, but they also have much better mobility as fliers.

It makes me sad that cavalry is not as good anymore. I didn't think it was that OP back then either. We have crap now that's more OP than they were imo, like Surtr.

But my CYL Lyn and Bride Cordelia both have the same Atk? Both are neutral Atk too. CYL Lyn does have higher Spd though. But now that I think about it I probably should go with Cordelia because CYL Lyn already has a skill that negates counterattacks anyway.

Oh, and I have two flying archers: Kinshi Hinoka and NY Fjorm. But the former has an anti-armor weapon which is rare for me and the latter is -Atk, so I don't think they're good choices.

Edited by Anacybele

Edit: Sorry, sometimes I see an old post in front if I visit another thread and after I write I see that its outdated. I used the new hindsight skill which is on the next banner. I guess.

Edited by Stroud

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But my CYL Lyn and Bride Cordelia both have the same Atk? Both are neutral Atk too.

BB!Cordelia got 35 neutral Atk and BH!Lyn got 33 neutral Atk. I would double check your natures, merge levels, etc. just to be sure.

29 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, and I have two flying archers: Kinshi Hinoka and NY Fjorm. But the former has an anti-armor weapon which is rare for me and the latter is -Atk, so I don't think they're good choices.

I prefer melee armor effective Weapons since I can combo it with Triangle Adept to pile on the damage, but WOF!Hinoka's ranged armor effectiveness is pretty nice too.

4 minutes ago, XRay said:

BB!Cordelia got 35 neutral Atk and BH!Lyn got 33 neutral Atk. I would double check your natures, merge levels, etc. just to be sure.

Oh, their weapons are what make their Atk stats the same. Cordelia has a 12 Mt weapon while Lyn has a 14 Mt one.

23 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I'm a rather bad player so feel free to ignore my opinion, but I got a flying Takumi with Firesweep and use him very very often. I usually play him hit and run (Reposition) which is easy with flyers. If that playstyle suits you, I'd go for a full flyer team, since their buffs will make up for the lower attack.

You might even consider going for flying Sakura and giving Gravity to her, since that would fit nicely... if you want to and feel lucky.

1 hour ago, Granny said:

I'm a rather bad player so feel free to ignore my opinion, but I got a flying Takumi with Firesweep and use him very very often. I usually play him hit and run (Reposition) which is easy with flyers. If that playstyle suits you, I'd go for a full flyer team, since their buffs will make up for the lower attack.

You might even consider going for flying Sakura and giving Gravity to her, since that would fit nicely... if you want to and feel lucky.

Yeah, I don't have flying Takumi, tho. xP I do have flier teams.

I'd rather go for Ryoma and Elise if I pull on that banner. Red dagger is something I don't have and Ryoma is awesome even though lance cav is pretty common.

A while back I was pitybroken by a Sumia. A -Attack Sumia so she won't be too usefull either. Her skills on the other hand are useful which is why I am considering to fodder her off. The main question I have is what skill is best to give away.

The vengeful lance doesn't sound too appealing. There are probably some characters that want it like...uh Clive or something, but I don't really care all that much about the lance.

Close defence is nice. I know how it works and its a pretty effective skill. So I could use her as Close defence fodder.

Her other skill atk/def link is a skill I don't really know. All users are pretty prenium so I have never used a skill like that. I'm considering putting it on Siegbert since I have no idea what B skill to give him, but like I said I don't really know how effective these skills are.

2 hours ago, Sasori said:

The vengeful lance doesn't sound too appealing. There are probably some characters that want it like...uh Clive or something, but I don't really care all that much about the lance.

Generally speaking, Reprisal Lance paired with Moonbow is good on Spd tanks to maximize damage output, while Def/Res tanks are better off running Slaying Weapon to trigger Ignis or Glacies.

Or to put it another way, Reprisal Lance is better if you do not expect your tank be doubled often to reliably activate a high cool down Special, while Slaying Weapons are better if you expect your tank to be doubled often and your tank got high Def/Res. Against regular enemies, Clive is better off with Slaying Lance, but if he faces a lot of slow units, then Reprisal would be better.

Close defence is nice. I know how it works and its a pretty effective skill. So I could use her as Close defence fodder.

If you are willing to sacrifice Joshua, he got Close Def 2 at 4*. You can then grab Close Def 3 and Reprisal Lance from Sumia.

Her other skill atk/def link is a skill I don't really know. All users are pretty prenium so I have never used a skill like that. I'm considering putting it on Siegbert since I have no idea what B skill to give him, but like I said I don't really know how effective these skills are.

Link skills are primarily used by combat units (mostly Brave nukes and one shot nukes) who do not need their B slots, or by cheer leading babysitters in Arena.

Personally, I am not a huge fan of Link skills since that is what C slot skills are for and you generally do not need that many buffs. Player Phase teams just need Hone Atk and Hone Spd or some variation of them, and those two skills already fit on the C slot and Sacred Seal slot on their Dancers/Singers. Enemy Phase teams are better off just running Quick Riposte on the B slot for combat performance and rely on Wards for buffs. As combat buffs, Wards also cannot be Panicked, unlike bonus buffs provided by Links.

For Siegbert, he should be running Desperation to improve his sustainability as a nuke.

Edited by XRay

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Generally speaking, Reprisal Lance paired with Moonbow is good on Spd tanks to maximize damage output, while Def/Res tanks are better off running Slaying Weapon to trigger Ignis or Glacies.

Or to put it another way, Reprisal Lance is better if you do not expect your tank be doubled often to reliably activate a high cool down Special, while Slaying Weapons are better if you expect your tank to be doubled often and your tank got high Def/Res. Against regular enemies, Clive is better off with Slaying Lance, but if he faces a lot of slow units, then Reprisal would be better.

If you are willing to sacrifice Joshua, he got Close Def 2 at 4*. You can then grab Close Def 3 and Reprisal Lance from Sumia.

Link skills are primarily used by combat units (mostly Brave nukes and one shot nukes) who do not need their B slots, or by cheer leading babysitters in Arena.

Personally, I am not a huge fan of Link skills since that is what C slot skills are for and you generally do not need that many buffs. Player Phase teams just need Hone Atk and Hone Spd or some variation of them, and those two skills already fit on the C slot and Sacred Seal slot on their Dancers/Singers. Enemy Phase teams are better off just running Quick Riposte on the B slot for combat performance and rely on Wards for buffs. As combat buffs, Wards also cannot be Panicked, unlike bonus buffs provided by Links.

For Siegbert, he should be running Desperation to improve his sustainability as a nuke.

Ow wow. I completely forgot my Siegbert already had desperation as a B slot. I once swapped it for swordbreaker and then completely forgot about the skill.

Mmmh I think I need to check my list on lance units again. Maybe summer Cordelia? She doesn't have a good weapon and she is pretty fast. Other then that my list of them is not too impressive or they already have alright weapons.

Okay, so, I'm trying to get my Garm Ephraim distant counter, and I have three Nailahs I could use to give it to him. Judging by the stats, one is +Def-Res, the second is +Res-Def, and the third, judging by initial level 1 stats, is completely neutral, no boons or banes. Which, if any, should I use for skill inheritance on Garm Ephraim? Or is that a nuts idea to begin with and is there a better source of distant counter to use?

1 hour ago, Sasori said:

Mmmh I think I need to check my list on lance units again. Maybe summer Cordelia? She doesn't have a good weapon and she is pretty fast. Other then that my list of them is not too impressive or they already have alright weapons.

I personally prefer SA!Cordelia to stick with a Player Phase skill set since she comes with Shell Lance. For regular high Spd nukes, Shell Lance is the best Player Phase lance in the game, with Slaying Lance coming in distant second.

I would just hold onto Sumia if you are not sure who to fodder her off too, and if you manage to get another copy in the mean time, you can merge her to get rid of her -Atk Flaw.

13 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

Okay, so, I'm trying to get my Garm Ephraim distant counter, and I have three Nailahs I could use to give it to him. Judging by the stats, one is +Def-Res, the second is +Res-Def, and the third, judging by initial level 1 stats, is completely neutral, no boons or banes. Which, if any, should I use for skill inheritance on Garm Ephraim? Or is that a nuts idea to begin with and is there a better source of distant counter to use?

If you are foddering Nailah, Null C-Disrupt is the more important skill to fodder in my opinion. If I need Distant Counter, I generally wait for a Focus featuring Hector to appear and then snipe for him. If you do not think you will need Null C-Disrupt, then using her for Distant Counter is fine.

Edited by XRay

11 minutes ago, XRay said:

If you are foddering Nailah, Null C-Disrupt is the more important skill to fodder in my opinion. If I need Distant Counter, I generally wait for a Focus featuring Hector to appear and then snipe for him. If you do not think you will need Null C-Disrupt, then using her for Distant Counter is fine.

Oh shit, NCD is a lot more useful than I thought it was. Noted. But if I were to fodder one of them, which one of them is the best for foddering, of the three I mentioned?

Edit: Or not. Dang phrasing. Apparently NCD doesn't confer status effect immunity, it's just ambiguous phrasing of keeping the units counter attacks from being disabled?

Edited by Alastor15243

Just now, Alastor15243 said:

Oh shit, NCD is a lot more useful than I thought it was. Noted. But if I were to fodder one of them, which one of them is the best for foddering, of the three I mentioned?

I would fodder the [+Res, -Def] one. Having solid Def is more important than Res since she also needs to handle regular melee units.

If you are using her in Aether Raids next week, I would use [+Def, -Res] to carry the team and Ally Support her with M!Corrin; with 2 M!Corrins on the team, they can give her 9/9/9/9 (or 10/10/10/10) combat buffs and having an Eir or two on the team will heal Nailah every turn. And for next next week, Eir's Light Blessing would fix her low Res.

• 3 weeks later...

So I just foddered a 3 star Selena to give Nailah reposition (along with two other skills for the hell of it I can’t remember). Everything happened, I got the success message, but when I went to equip the new skills, they weren’t there. I already gave her a few other skills (shove and smite specifically). Is there some limit beyond the “3 per fodder” on the number of skills a unit can inherit, but they don’t tell you it won’t work and let you waste the unit anyway?

Edited by Alastor15243

32 minutes ago, Alastor15243 said:

So I just foddered a 3 star Selena to give Nailah reposition (along with two other skills for the hell of it I can’t remember). Everything happened, I got the success message, but when I went to equip the new skills, they weren’t there. I already gave her a few other skills (shove and smite specifically). Is there some limit beyond the “3 per fodder” on the number of skills a unit can inherit, but they don’t tell you it won’t work and let you waste the unit anyway?

You still need to learn the skill. You need 225 SP to learn Reposition, so make sure Nailah got at least that much SP. If she does not have enough SP, go to Special Maps and have her train in Special Training maps.

After she got at least 225 SP:
Click on <Allies> on the bottom of the screen.
Then click on <Ally Growth> in the Allies menu.
In the Ally Growth menu, click on <Learn Skills>.
In the Learn Skills menu, select Nailah and click <Next>.
Scroll to a skill you want to learn and select it, then click <Confirm>.
In the pop up menu, click <Teach>.
In the new pop up menu, click <Equip>.

There will also be an update next month that allows you to inherit up to 4 skills per unit, so I highly advise you to not inherit any more skills until next month to conserve skill fodder.

Just now, XRay said:

You still need to learn the skill. You need 225 SP to learn Reposition, so make sure Nailah got at least that much SP. If she does not have enough SP, go to Special Maps and have her train in Special Training maps.

After she got at least 225 SP:
Click on <Allies> on the bottom of the screen.
Then click on <Ally Growth> in the Allies menu.
In the Ally Growth menu, click on <Learn Skills>.
In the Learn Skills menu, select Nailah and click <Next>.
Scroll to a skill you want to learn and select it, then click <Confirm>.
In the pop up menu, click <Teach>.
In the new pop up menu, click <Equip>.

There will also be an update next month that allows you to inherit up to 4 skills per unit, so I highly advise you to not inherit any more skills until next month to conserve skill fodder.

Oh shoot right, I was looking at “equip skill”. My mistake. Thanks for your help!

So I have a question. I show Micaiah some pretty major favortism and as such I've given her several builds but kept her base tome.

If I were to give either OG!Micaiah or Festival Micaiah a new tome what should it be? Or would I be better off just leaving their tomes as is and not giving them a different one?

2 hours ago, Silver-Haired Maiden said:

So I have a question. I show Micaiah some pretty major favortism and as such I've given her several builds but kept her base tome.

If I were to give either OG!Micaiah or Festival Micaiah a new tome what should it be? Or would I be better off just leaving their tomes as is and not giving them a different one?

There are Blade tomes, Serpent tomes, and maybe Raven tomes, but Raven seems super niche.

Both can run Blade tomes and turn into generalist nukes.

Rauđrserpent is not released yet, but FIH!Micaiah can run it to function as a magic tank. For regular Micaiah, in terms of pure tanking ability, it depends on how often you encounter flying and infantry mages; Thani gives up 3 Res to specialize against ranged armor and ranged cavalry by reducing their first attack by 30%, which is huge, while Blárserpent has that extra 3 Res against everyone. I think I would just stick with Thani since 3 extra Res against flying and infantry mages does not seem that big of a deal compared Thani's other additional effects.

If staff units are really annoying you, you can try Raven tomes with Triangle Adept, Null C-Disrupt, and Quick Riposte, but it basically means she can only effectively tank Red/Green mages and staff units. I think colorless archers might still overwhelm her low Def, and blue/red magic nukes will simply overwhelm her with brute force. Most staff units I see in Aether Raids are cavalry, so I think regular Micaiah is better off with Thani instead of Raven tomes, but it might something worth thinking about for FIH!Micaiah since Dawn Suzu is mostly an offensive tome.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

There are Blade tomes, Serpent tomes, and maybe Raven tomes, but Raven seems super niche.

Both can run Blade tomes and turn into generalist nukes.

Rauđrserpent is not released yet, but FIH!Micaiah can run it to function as a magic tank. For regular Micaiah, in terms of pure tanking ability, it depends on how often you encounter flying and infantry mages; Thani gives up 3 Res to specialize against ranged armor and ranged cavalry by reducing their first attack by 30%, which is huge, while Blárserpent has that extra 3 Res against everyone. I think I would just stick with Thani since 3 extra Res against flying and infantry mages does not seem that big of a deal compared Thani's other additional effects.

If staff units are really annoying you, you can try Raven tomes with Triangle Adept, Null C-Disrupt, and Quick Riposte, but it basically means she can only effectively tank Red/Green mages and staff units. I think colorless archers might still overwhelm her low Def, and blue/red magic nukes will simply overwhelm her with brute force. Most staff units I see in Aether Raids are cavalry, so I think regular Micaiah is better off with Thani instead of Raven tomes, but it might something worth thinking about for FIH!Micaiah since Dawn Suzu is mostly an offensive tome.

Thank you for the suggestions ^.^ For me it was less of a concern about them mage tanking (OG Micaiah especially does that really really well), but more wanting to improve their nuking capabilities. If I get a bad IV Nailah I plan to sacrifice her skill to Micaiah so that was part of the plan... eventually. I may try out a blade tome build on one and see how it works out. Thanks :)