Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Take damage from an enemy that can counterattackĀ that doesn't kill you and that you cannot kill in one hit.

Then dance, kill that one (or a nearby one while a teammate finises off the weakened one), and go to town, no? I see.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Taim Meich said:

Then dance, kill that one (or a nearby one while a teammate finises off the weakened one), and go to town, no? I see.

If you double attack like you're supposed to for a Desperation user, you'll take the counterattack and kill them with your follow-up attack. The counterattack damage and Fury damage will typically be enough to push you into Desperation range for the rest of the match.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you double attack like you're supposed to for a Desperation user, you'll take the counterattack and kill them with your follow-up attack. The counterattack damage and Fury damage will typically be enough to push you into Desperation range for the rest of the match.

Ah, of course! I don't know what was I thinking about. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Say, what skills would look good on Cain?

I'm going to play him Offensively and I already have him with Luna because I find it funny with Brave Weapons.

Also, any good skillsets for Sully too? I'm also giving her an Offensive kit too.

What are the boon/bane of those two?

Can I request some ideas of what to give to my +Atk -HP Leo? I don't know what to give him. In Arena he has the job of damage Hector and leave Oboro to do the final punch, and to deal with green mages, but I'm not sure what can be helpfull to him

Also Michalis, I would like to give him something

Edited by SniperGYS

Would a 4* Alfonse be able to make good use of Brash Assault? I remember @DehNutCase talking about how Alfonse could be one of the better users of Brash Assault and Folkvangr's innate Defiant Attack 2 being very helpful. Don't really know what to do with the spare Bartres who can give a full set of Brash Assault other than give it to Lyn, but I don't have her, or give it to other slow, bulky units similar to the default users Bartre and Hinata. I guess some of the knights could work, but it's probably better if they run Quick Riposte instead as a knight low on health is probably going to be screwed if they can't reach their target.

Another problem is that unlike the other units, you can't use a duplicate to grind stuff, so I've been holding off on inheriting anything for Alfonse, Anna, and Sharena. I could just give him the skills and not learn it...

Also, 2 quick questions: ideal users of Vantage? Typical glass cannons, sure, and apparently, Ryoma, but can't really think of someone who'd really want it exactly. Great skill, but there's definitely ideal users out there.

And Iceberg or Glacies for Titania? Iceberg is more practical, but my Titania got screwed with -Atk, +Res basically giving her attack under Caeda, Clair, and Fir, -- she caps at 24 attack while =Atk Caeda and Fir cap at 25 and Clair at 26 -- so Glacies could be a great boost to her attack. That 4* Fir is just chilling there while I'd have to spend 2k feathers to get either Niles or Shanna promoted. If and when I ever get another Titania with at least =Atk, I'm just going to dump this one onto her to get all the skills, so I could just replace Glacies with Iceberg.

I really need to make space... Just trying to get rid of as many units as I can in a useful way other than bits and pieces of feathers.

Edited by Kaden

53 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

Can I request some ideas of what to give to my +Atk -HP Leo? I don't know what to give him. In Arena he has the job of damage Hector and leave Oboro to do the final punch, and to deal with green mages, but I'm not sure what can be helpfull to him

Also Michalis, I would like to give him something

Give Michalis a hug. :P:

If you REALLY want Leo to hunt down green mages, slap G Tomebreaker on him.

Not sure about Michalis, since he's a little team-dependent.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Would a 4* Alfonse be able to make good use of Brash Assault? I remember @DehNutCase talking about how Alfonse could be one of the better users of Brash Assault and Folkvangr's innate Defiant Attack 2 being very helpful. Don't really know what to do with the spare Bartres who can give a full set of Brash Assault other than give it to Lyn, but I don't have her, or give it to other slow, bulky units similar to the default users Bartre and Hinata. I guess some of the knights could work, but it's probably better if they run Quick Riposte instead as a knight low on health is probably going to be screwed if they can't reach their target.

The thing about Alfonse being decent with Brash is that, at 5*, his weapon gives a 5 Atk buff. At 4* he's basically strictly inferior to other options (Chrom, Hinata, Seliph etc.) as a red brash assault user. I like Brash on him because it's one of the skills that gives a reasonably 'complete' Alfonse without having to retool his entire kit. You can keep Sol to have high effective bulk despite technically being under half hp (be under half hp when combat starts, trigger sol and heal up ALOT to tank the counter, then double to finish), you can keep his Prf weapon, you can keep his A-skill etc. All you'd be missing is a assist skill after Brash is inherited, and it's a reasonable unit for cheap (4* Bartre and a 3*) rather than a perfect unit for expensive (multiple 5* inheritances).

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Another problem is that unlike the other units, you can't use a duplicate to grind stuff, so I've been holding off on inheriting anything for Alfonse, Anna, and Sharena. I could just give him the skills and not learn it...

Alfonse is actually the easiest of the trio to afk grind (that is, auto-battle). His high bulk, atk, and natural sustain means that he can basically solo maps without issue, so long as he has BST advantage. (Whether through low rarity getting SP from way lower leveled units, or being 5*.) That said, all 3 of the starter heroes are pretty easy to get SP for, since they have 4 whole rarities to go through---mine are all still 3*, and have over 1k SP each.

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Also, 2 quick questions: ideal users of Vantage? Typical glass cannons, sure, and apparently, Ryoma, but can't really think of someone who'd really want it exactly. Great skill, but there's definitely ideal users out there.

From using Vantage (Anna), I find that it functions as a offensive QR. Rather than getting 2 hits when you counter, you get 3 hits when you initiate. You double a dude, go low because you're made of glass, and then vantage KO on EP. Made Anna aĀ lotĀ better during auto-battles once she got it. (I level everyone in auto battle.)

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

And Iceberg or Glacies for Titania? Iceberg is more practical, but my Titania got screwed with -Atk, +Res basically giving her attack under Caeda, Clair, and Fir, -- she caps at 24 attack while =Atk Caeda and Fir cap at 25 and Clair at 26 -- so Glacies could be a great boost to her attack. That 4* Fir is just chilling there while I'd have to spend 2k feathers to get either Niles or Shanna promoted. If and when I ever get another Titania with at least =Atk, I'm just going to dump this one onto her to get all the skills, so I could just replace Glacies with Iceberg.

First of all, what's Titania doing for you? Hard walling blues or counter-killing? Guard makes her wall blues all day because they never get to trigger their special (Titania has aĀ greatĀ speed tier), but she can't counter-kill either due to lack of QR. If she's hard walling, go for the longer CD specials, since you want her damage turns toĀ countĀ when she's going on the offensive.

Ā 

For counter-killing:

QR alone already secures kills on everyone except Effie, Gwen, and Lukas. (I tested enemies with =IV and Fury with +2 to spd and atk to simulate L&D's speed tier and Fury's bulk). Swapping her A skill to something that gives 3 Atk makes it so only Gwen survives.

Assuming Fury 3 on Titania for the below section.

Vs. ranged, 1 or 2 hits won't give Titania enough special charge to KO any of the ranged blues that she doesn't already (Odin and Robin both have the speed and bulk to survive her, albeit with minimal hp). Furthermore, a threaten Def debuff (give it to Titania, she's a wall, so she can wall and then threaten to secure kills) and +2 Atk buff will kill both Odin and Robin. (Or just +6 from Hone Cav.) Threaten Spd also works, letting Titania double everyone except Fury 3 +Spd Odin to death. (Odin is freakishly tanky, for obvious, Atk dumping reasons. Also, the rare L&D Odin won't survive because he gets 1HKOd)

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

I really need to make space... Just trying to get rid of as many units as I can in a useful way other than bits and pieces of feathers.

You can always just pay 1 orb for 5 slots. It's very efficient if you think about it, basically 1 orb for 5 (shitty) units. If you inherit said units later, well, now it's 5 slots for 5 different (shitty) units, so you don't even lose anything.

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

The thing about Alfonse being decent with Brash is that, at 5*, his weapon gives a 5 Atk buff. At 4* he's basically strictly inferior to other options (Chrom, Hinata, Seliph etc.) as a red brash assault user. I like Brash on him because it's one of the skills that gives a reasonably 'complete' Alfonse without having to retool his entire kit. You can keep Sol to have high effective bulk despite technically being under half hp (be under half hp when combat starts, trigger sol and heal up ALOT to tank the counter, then double to finish), you can keep his Prf weapon, you can keep his A-skill etc. All you'd be missing is a assist skill after Brash is inherited, and it's a reasonable unit for cheap (4* Bartre and a 3*) rather than a perfect unit for expensive (multiple 5* inheritances).

Hmm, I could just give it to him and eventually get it whenever I promote him to a 5* which is going to be a long time since there's so many reds and other units in general I'd rather use and invest in than him.

From using Vantage (Anna), I find that it functions as a offensive QR. Rather than getting 2 hits when you counter, you get 3 hits when you initiate. You double a dude, go low because you're made of glass, and then vantage KO on EP. Made Anna aĀ lotĀ better during auto-battles once she got it. (I level everyone in auto battle.)

Yeah, it helps, but it kind of sucks for Anna that she's locked out of Vantage 3 until she's a 5*. Meanwhile, a 4* Lon'qu can take a bit of damage and Vantage 3 can dictate matches. Probably shouldn't go on a Brave weapon user who would want Desperation instead. Wasn't there something about Kagero wanting Vantage -- might be remembering wrong and it was just someone asking how Vantage would work for her. Similar case could be made for Gaius and Jaffar

Of the units I have and can think of, Est if she weren't using Brave Lance, Fir -- Pass isn't really helpful on her --, a non-Brave Sword using Hana, Lucina if she weren't running a Life & Death and Desperation build, Navarre, but dude has Desperation already, and Sharena, but she might prefer having a -breaker skill. Could see Peri being a good user of Vantage. Y'know, this just made me realize that I have a lot of tanky units.

First of all, what's Titania doing for you? Hard walling blues or counter-killing? Guard makes her wall blues all day because they never get to trigger their special (Titania has aĀ greatĀ speed tier), but she can't counter-kill either due to lack of QR. If she's hard walling, go for the longer CD specials, since you want her damage turns toĀ countĀ when she's going on the offensive.

Ā 

For counter-killing:

QR alone already secures kills on everyone except Effie, Gwen, and Lukas. (I tested enemies with =IV and Fury with +2 to spd and atk to simulate L&D's speed tier and Fury's bulk). Swapping her A skill to something that gives 3 Atk makes it so only Gwen survives.

Assuming Fury 3 on Titania for the below section.

Vs. ranged, 1 or 2 hits won't give Titania enough special charge to KO any of the ranged blues that she doesn't already (Odin and Robin both have the speed and bulk to survive her, albeit with minimal hp). Furthermore, a threaten Def debuff (give it to Titania, she's a wall, so she can wall and then threaten to secure kills) and +2 Atk buff will kill both Odin and Robin. (Or just +6 from Hone Cav.) Threaten Spd also works, letting Titania double everyone except Fury 3 +Spd Odin to death. (Odin is freakishly tanky, for obvious, Atk dumping reasons. Also, the rare L&D Odin won't survive because he gets 1HKOd)

Haven't used her yet since I was preoccupied with leveling and beating the GHB quests, but looking at her stats, I would have wanted to counter-kill similar to what Arthur can do against blues. Not confident with that since she's -Atk, so probably just gonna have her hard wall for now. I'll eventually get another Titania who I could just respec with different skills and merge this one and with every new unit, I try to commit to them just because I like seeing units get stronger and it's a pretty good way to have an arsenal of options.

Welp, Glacies it is then.

You can always just pay 1 orb for 5 slots. It's very efficient if you think about it, basically 1 orb for 5 (shitty) units. If you inherit said units later, well, now it's 5 slots for 5 different (shitty) units, so you don't even lose anything.

Wait, it's 1 orb? How the hell did I think it was 5 orbs? Man, I could have used the daily orbs to... Still, I'm sitting at 152 with 1 more, F!Robin, coming along because of the GHB quest and it would be just nicer to not have a ton of units who are just there.

Edit: I think I was remembering castle upgrades which become increasingly expensive, but well worth it, and applying it to the cost of the barracks expansion.

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Haven't used her yet since I was preoccupied with leveling and beating the GHB quests, but looking at her stats, I would have wanted to counter-kill similar to what Arthur can do against blues. Not confident with that since she's -Atk, so probably just gonna have her hard wall for now. I'll eventually get another Titania who I could just respec with different skills and merge this one and with every new unit, I try to commit to them just because I like seeing units get stronger and it's a pretty good way to have an arsenal of options.

My numbers were with your IVs, incidentally, although she did have Fury 3 on her. Emerald Axe does work against blue, even if you have -ATK. (She does need a +3 Atk from somewhere, though. Either Fury, +3 Atk, or L&D 1).

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Give Michalis a hug. :P:

If you REALLY want Leo to hunt down green mages, slap G Tomebreaker on him.

Not sure about Michalis, since he's a little team-dependent.

Michalis now hates me for the hugs :P

oki doki! Thx!!

Edited by SniperGYS

I got -DEF+RES Ike after 8-10 summons (only reds). I also got a second Alm that I merged (got +1 Atk & HP, that's fine).

Now I have Eirika, Alm and Ike... along with Zephiel and other reds... too much red, but hell, I got Ike!

Now, what to inherit... I feel IkeĀ is great even pre-inheritance. Heavy Blade (A) may not optimal but is an original skill and I don't want another Fury 3 sword user, so I may keep it. For (B), Vantage 3 seems a pretty obvious choice for its synergy with Distant Counter, but keeping Swordbreaker is a cheaper and interesting option, as he's naturally slow. Threaten Attack would be my choice for (C).

I'm keeking Ragnell OFC. For the assist I will take whatever and for the special... I see people keeping Aether (a CD of 5 seems too much)...

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Pimalai

Does anyone have suggestions for how to build two Ikes? I have a +hp -atk and a +def -spd. I could use another tank, but I don't really need either of them to do much offensively. I play defensively on offense, and will likely only use one of them there (probably the +def -spd). But I want to be able to use them both at the same time on defense.Ā 

Im pretty much a noob as far as skill inheritance goes, so I'm not really sure what to do. I was thinking of putting vantage on the defense only one along with threaten or seal spd, and threaten atk on the offense/defense one.Ā 

21 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

My numbers were with your IVs, incidentally, although she did have Fury 3 on her. Emerald Axe does work against blue, even if you have -ATK. (She does need a +3 Atk from somewhere, though. Either Fury, +3 Atk, or L&D 1).

Oh, kind of had a feeling that you would have done that. Thanks, for that.

Cool that she could do that, but QR is scarce at the moment and she has Guard which is kind of untested at the moment. Maybe it would better for her to keep her niche to see how it goes before changing everything which I would probably do if I ever summon another Titania with at least =Atk.

Eh, maybe I shouldn't do this -- tagging people into random conversations, that is --, @Rezzy and @Chromatone, scroll up a bit above DehNutCase's response to my response and there's a section on Titania that may help you guys on what to do with Titania. Also, if I remember your posts in the pull thread, Rezzy, does that mean our Titania share the same boon/bane?

Edited by Kaden

18 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Oh, kind of had a feeling that you would have done that. Thanks, for that.

Cool that she could do that, but QR is scarce at the moment and she has Guard which is kind of untested at the moment. Maybe it would better for her to keep her niche to see how it goes before changing everything which I would probably do if I ever summon another Titania with at least =Atk.

Eh, maybe I shouldn't do this -- tagging people into random conversations, that is --, @Rezzy and @Chromatone, scroll up a bit above DehNutCase's response to my response and there's a section on Titania that may help you guys on what to do with Titania. Also, if I remember your posts in the pull thread, Rezzy, does that mean our Titania share the same boon/bane?

Cool, thanks!Ā  I managed to Pull a Titania with a better nature, too.Ā  I've got +HP,-Atk and -Def,+Res.

13 hours ago, CorruptedChrome said:

Can anyone help with Ā a good skill set for a +Hp/-Def Ike ?Ā 

Ā 

ThanksĀ 

What is the rest of your team?

10 hours ago, immatx said:

Does anyone have suggestions for how to build two Ikes? I have a +hp -atk and a +def -spd. I could use another tank, but I don't really need either of them to do much offensively. I play defensively on offense, and will likely only use one of them there (probably the +def -spd). But I want to be able to use them both at the same time on defense.Ā 

Im pretty much a noob as far as skill inheritance goes, so I'm not really sure what to do. I was thinking of putting vantage on the defense only one along with threaten or seal spd, and threaten atk on the offense/defense one.Ā 

Why do you want two Ikes on defense?

1 hour ago, Arjuna said:

Hi everyone

I got a Tharja +atk -res just 5 minutes ago , It is a good tharja? Or tharja don't work if She is not +Spd lol Ā and how should I build her? Thanks :3Ā 

Who said she only works as +Spd?Ā  I mean, I want to see a linked source for this.

36 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Why do you want two Ikes on defense?

Just to make them both useful and because they have distant counter. I wouldn't be opposed to something else, but since they're new I figured I met as well give it a try.Ā 

4 minutes ago, immatx said:

Just to make them both useful and because they have distant counter. I wouldn't be opposed to something else, but since they're new I figured I met as well give it a try.Ā 

If you want to try the mono-defense red team, I won't stop you.Ā  However:

1. You'll have to decide the other two members
2. As red is the most common color, most people carry a counter to that

Having two Ikes with other colors doesn't really strike me as a good idea, unless the rest of your units are something gimmicky.

22 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If you want to try the mono-defense red team, I won't stop you.Ā  However:

1. You'll have to decide the other two members
2. As red is the most common color, most people carry a counter to that

Having two Ikes with other colors doesn't really strike me as a good idea, unless the rest of your units are something gimmicky.

I have a good iv Eirika and a maxed Seliph and Roy. But I was thinking of using Julia and Azura with them since they are my two best non-armored units. Considering how much more common Effie is now I don't really want to go red only.Ā 

Haha opened a second Ike and hes another -Atk whyyy goood whyyy! Ā At least hes +Spd its better than +Def right? Ā I just really want to use his heavy blade, it triggers on defense yea? so with QR he can use Aether in one round and like full heal?! Ā 

Maybe This nature is good with Fury and Renewal?

A Hector Azure Ryoma banner now too? Ā They are killing me...

Edited by Chromatone

Does anyone have any suggestions on how i should build my chrom. I have two of them. One is 5* +hp -spd and the other is +atk - Res but is is 4*. I was planning on merging the 5* into the 4* cause i assume that one has a better IVs. I am trying to assemble an awakening themed team that has both robins with the standard triangle adept,raven time and b/g tomebreaker.