Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

@jaaason_d14

Which units to inherit which C Passives highly depends on your team and preferences. If you do not know what you want, just play around the Arena or Training Tower more to see what stats you want emphasize more.

Hones are generally the best. Fortifies are not so good unless you have a Blade mage to take in more buffs. Threaten Def/Res only works well against melee units, since ranged units can ignore it when they initiate an attack against you on enemy phase.

— — — — — — —

If you have not done so, prioritize leveling up Azura and Olivia first. Dancers are super helpful in the game for training, Grand Hero Battles, and the Arena.

I cannot think of any stellar team composition with just the units you listed. Since F!Robin is the only green unit you listed, so she would be required to handle blue units; she will also need Gronnraven and Triangle Adept. Azura is a dancer, so she can work in any team; you should also give her Wings of Mercy and Hone Atk. Cordelia is also amazing, but you might want to replace her Astra with Luna and Triangle Adept with Life and Death. Celica is great as is, but if you want to make her better, you can replace her A Passive with Life and Death or Fury, and give her Desperation or Swordbreaker.

If you have Cecilia, Camus, and Ursula, I highly recommend training them in addition to Xander and Leo that you listed to make a cavalry team. Cavalry teams have access to Hone Cavalry and Fortify Cavalry that significantly boosts up their stats. With a cavalry team, you will be able to have a stable and decent Arena Feather income every week.

Edited by XRay

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Refa said:

I have a +Spd/-Def Effie that I can sack (kinda hurts that the only Effie I get has one of the worst natures, but what can you do).

I'll primarily be using him for offense anyways, so that shouldn't be a problem.

If it makes you feel any better, my only Effie is +Spd, -Atk which is the absolute worst nature for Effie :/

Hey all:):

I am building a 5* Nino that's +spd, -def. I've already given her fury 3.

I'm considering giving up my +Atk, -def Alm to give Nino wind sweep. Stupid idea? Will the benefits be worth it?

1 hour ago, W3Z said:

I'm considering giving up my +Atk, -def Alm to give Nino wind sweep. Stupid idea? Will the benefits be worth it?

Nino wants her follow-up attack, I don't see why you'd take it away from her.

If she OHKOs after buffs, Windsweep won't do anything for you. If she can double and ORKO, then Windsweep keeps that from happening. Got a Shanna for Desperation? That's by far her best option for a B Passive.

1 hour ago, W3Z said:

Windsweep and Watersweep are best used on characters that are fast, fail to two-hit kill most things, and preferably have a debuff up their sleeve, like Felicia (Smoke Dagger, Silver Dagger) and Corrin (F) (Dark Breath).

On 2017-06-24 at 0:35 AM, XRay said:

@jaaason_d14

Which units to inherit which C Passives highly depends on your team and preferences. If you do not know what you want, just play around the Arena or Training Tower more to see what stats you want emphasize more.

Hones are generally the best. Fortifies are not so good unless you have a Blade mage to take in more buffs. Threaten Def/Res only works well against melee units, since ranged units can ignore it when they initiate an attack against you on enemy phase.

— — — — — — —

If you have not done so, prioritize leveling up Azura and Olivia first. Dancers are super helpful in the game for training, Grand Hero Battles, and the Arena.

I cannot think of any stellar team composition with just the units you listed. Since F!Robin is the only green unit you listed, so she would be required to handle blue units; she will also need Gronnraven and Triangle Adept. Azura is a dancer, so she can work in any team; you should also give her Wings of Mercy and Hone Atk. Cordelia is also amazing, but you might want to replace her Astra with Luna and Triangle Adept with Life and Death. Celica is great as is, but if you want to make her better, you can replace her A Passive with Life and Death or Fury, and give her Desperation or Swordbreaker.

If you have Cecilia, Camus, and Ursula, I highly recommend training them in addition to Xander and Leo that you listed to make a cavalry team. Cavalry teams have access to Hone Cavalry and Fortify Cavalry that significantly boosts up their stats. With a cavalry team, you will be able to have a stable and decent Arena Feather income every week.

So it depends on me basically? Okay well would Camilla work? An axe user who inherited iotes shield in order to be equal with archers 

1 hour ago, jaaason_d14 said:

So it depends on me basically? Okay well would Camilla work? An axe user who inherited iotes shield in order to be equal with archers 

Yes, it largely depends on your preferences. Most people go with Hones since it helps them kill enemies better, but if you really like Fortifies for some reason and it suits your play style more, then go with Fortifies. If you are good at manipulating AI's movements, you can go with Threaten Def/Res on your glass cannons, but Hones are better in that they can work in any situation.

Unless Camilla is absolutely one of your top favorite characters, I would avoid using her. Iotes Shield is a bad skill since most players can avoid archers just fine. Iotes shield also would suit Michalis or Minerva far better if you really need a flyer to tank arrows. Camilla's stats are too balanced, so she is terrible in every role. Her niche is killing blue mages, but other units can do that better and do more.

If you really want to use her, try to get a copy with a +Atk and -Res nature; -HP and -Def is also okay. She should get Luna, L&D3, and Axebreaker. Reposition is my favorite Assist, but Draw Back and Swap also work.

F!Robin can take care of blue mages better than Camilla, and F!Robin can shut down colorless units entirely. The only advantage Camilla has over F!Robin is her ability to fly over obstacles, but that is largely offset by F!Robin's weapon range to attack over obstacles.

Edited by XRay

@Fire Emblem Fan She has an attack bane, so she cannot do much. Unless she is one of your top favorite characters or something, I would invest your time and resources in somebody else.

You can use her like a dagger user: [FS Bow, Moonbow/Luna, L&D, P. Strike/Seal, Savage Blow].

If you really want to use her as a player phase offensive unit, you can try [B. Bow, Luna, L&D, Breaker/Desp.], but she is pretty underwhelming.

I would not use her as an enemy phase unit because it is pretty bad.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I have a 5* Rebecca, maxed out at level 40 and with 1001 SP. These are her stats:

HP: 41

Atk: 38

Spd: 34

Def: 21

Res: 27

What would be a good weapon and good skills for her to have?

First off, for future reference, take out weapon and any stat boosting A-skill when talking about a character's max stats. Second off, your Rebecca is +HP, -Atk. Dropping Silver Bow+, a 13 MT weapon, puts her at 25 base attack which is lower than her 29 neutral attack and 41 HP is higher than her neutral 37 HP. -Atk is generally the worst thing for any unit outside of specific cases like healers who were never meant to be used for offense ever. Some units can get away with it, but in the case of archers, none of them can get away with it except for bride Cordelia because -Atk only put her on par with Takumi, the second-best archer in the game which is still crippling when you consider that =Atk bride Cordelia is a monster of an archer.

When it comes to archers, it's mostly you kill stuff, you're a mage counter, or you just exist. For the former, it's only bride Cordelia and then +Atk Jeorge, +Atk Klein, and +Atk Takumi. For the latter, it's everyone, but Faye, Niles, and Rebecca. Yes, this includes +Atk Setsuna is still too weak and definitely not as good as bride Cordelia who starts out with 35 attack and speed.

Faye, Niles, and Rebecca have the distinction of having good resistance compared to the other archers and not needing a really expensive skill, Close Counter from Takumi, to work as a melee counter which Gordin and Virion do well, except Takumi exists and you could have used a melee unit to do that in the beginning, so...

Anyway, Niles is the least expensive and probably the safest option since his resistance is really high and his speed is also high, but his attack is low, so you'd need a +Atk one to do get the most results. Rebecca is more balanced, but she has the lowest resistance of the three which is offset by having the same speed as Niles and slightly lower attack than Faye. Faye by default hits the hardest, but she's the slowest archer tied with Gordin, so while her resistance is higher than Rebecca, the fact she will be doubled by some mages can get her killed.

All you need is a Killer Bow+, Iceberg, Fury 3, and Quick Riposte 2 or 3 if you can get that which Niles has half by default. I think Distant Def can work too, but you would sacrifice 3 attack and 3 speed and a really good and rare red mage for more 3 more defense and resistance and no recoil damage.

The main issues with this build is that it's only against default mages and the reliance on Quick Riposte. -blade tome mages and T-Adept and -raven tome mages will probably wreck them. In regards to Quick Riposte, it's a good skill, but once you drop out of its strict threshold -- Fury's recoil not helping here --, then you can lose out on wins, especially if you're using Faye because of her low speed. Might not matter for arena, but if you brought them with you on something like a defense map or trials, then you would need defense tiles or a healer to make sure they can keep their HP in QR's range.

Now, in regards to your Rebecca, -Atk means she has a =Atk Niles's 25 neutral attack, but without his 7 more resistance. She has higher defense by default, but it's kind of crappy. If anything, if you really want to use Rebecca, use this Rebecca to get skills and merge her with at least a =Atk Rebecca you'll eventually get in the future.

Er... tagging @DehNutCase, since that's who I remember talking about mage counter Niles and who could have more advice on that.

Edited by Kaden

Apologies, I didn't realize I needed to remove the Silver Bow+ when viewing stats. I also don't know how to tell what the Boon/Bane of a unit is.

Right now, Rebecca is my best archer, but I will merge her with a better Rebecca should I get another in the future. I often have bad luck summoning, though.

35 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Apologies, I didn't realize I needed to remove the Silver Bow+ when viewing stats. I also don't know how to tell what the Boon/Bane of a unit is.

Right now, Rebecca is my best archer, but I will merge her with a better Rebecca should I get another in the future. I often have bad luck summoning, though.

Two options to go about checking what a unit's boon and bane are.

1. If they're level 1, you can use this: http://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Stats_Calculator, or go to their character page on the site and check their stats as if they're level 1 or level 40. Remember to take out or off their weapons and skill like Fury so it doesn't seem like your character's stats doesn't match at all.

2. If they're at least level 20 and not a 5*, go to Unlock Potential, and check what their starting stats would when you promote them. Use the calculator or go to their character page to check.

For Rebecca being your best archer, do you still have Virion? Virion's a pretty decent archer in spite of his atrocious resistance. Also, if you've played when he was available through quests, Niles is pretty decent for mage fighting where his only problem is he'd be a 3* or 4* if you used and promoted him to your Rebecca's 5*. Anyway, if she is the next GHB unit, Clarisse would also be a good archer. She can't have boons or banes because she's a GHB unit, but she's essentially Klein without his amazing skill set, almost a +Atk Rebecca -- off by 1 attack --, or a faster Virion with lower HP for more resistance. For the record, =Atk Klein is a really good unit considering his offensive stats and skill set. +Atk is better, but he still has good coverage. If you have someone who can give Brave Bow(+) and Death Blow 3, you could make a Klein out of Clarisse or just play on her default strengths and make her a debuff archer.

Don't sweat it with not getting good archers. I didn't get a different, non-Virion archer until my 21st summon where a Niles showed up only to have Niles become available through a quest like a week after and the archers that showed up after him were -Atk Rebecca and Setsuna, -Spd Setsuna, neutral Setsuna, +Spd, -Def Gordin, -Atk Gordin, and a -Spd Jeorge after bride Cordelia's banner ended -- yeah, screw you too, game. My second best archer in terms of pure offense is probably +Spd, -Def Gordin which is literally Virion if he had a Brave Bow and Attack +3, so, in a way, Virion is still my only good archer.

I'm also sitting here with only Raigh and Sophia, everyone's starting red mages, after 40-some summons as my only red mages. I'm lucky I summoned a random Lucina from way back in the beginning of the game since if I didn't I wouldn't have had a reliable means to deal with Veronica in the recent Tempest Trials. Looking at it now, not having a different archer, but Virion was probably better than not having a different red mage, especially when one of the main antagonists of Heroes' story is a green mage with high defense. Then again, Lunatic Veronica in the trials doubles and kills Lilina, Raigh, Sophia, and Henry if he didn't have G Tomebreaker... Anyway, I digress.

Edited by Kaden

36 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Check her page on the wiki. Google is everyone's best friend.

Mage counter-killer Niles is just Fury 3, Quick Riposte, His default bow, and his default special.

This works because: A, Niles has high Res, so he doesn't die to a single mage hit (unless it's a horse emblem mage, in which case he explodes like everyone else---74 magic bulk is pretty damn high (37 + 34 + 3 res from Fury), but -blade Reinhardt packs 32 + 13 + 30 = 75 damage before nature and his A-slot is even included, counter-killing mages tend to be a bad plan in general, to be honest), B, Niles has high speed, so he doesn't get doubled by mages, and C, Niles has shitty attack, so he can't really kill anyone unless he Procs a special, which means he needs to tank a hit and double back in order to kill people.

Yes, it's a set that Niles is the best at pulling off, but even he dies to the best (i.e. the very mages that might need to be counter-killed in the first place) offensive mages anyway, while the 'bad' mages can be tanked by basically anyone, and 'good' archers can kill them on offense and more besides.

That said, the fact that -blade Reinhardt 'only' packs 75 damage before nature and A-slot means that, if the opponent is bad at building horse emblem and can't get the AI to stack it properly, probably no mage can kill Niles (because even Reinhardt needs +6 all stats to OHKO, at least, if he isn't running a stat A-slot. GG NO RE if he is, though, since that's another 3 damage from nature and 6 from DB, 5 from L&D, or 3 from Fury. With just Fury 3, Reinhardt manages the KO with +6/6/4/2 which can be accomplished with just 1 support horse.)

I rate this build B/A/A/B/B against mages, and C/C/F/B/A against everyone else. (The A for 'support needed' is because all the support in the world can't change Niles' terrible offenses, so you might as well give him 0 support.)

Edit: Rebecca would perform similarly, except her offenses gets a slight boost in exchange for losing some bulk and counter-kill (she loses counter-kill despite superior offenses because you can't counter-kill if you're dead). The build's also more expensive on Rebecca because Niles starts with Iceberg and Killer-Bow, meaning the only skills he needs are Fury 3 and QR.

Rebecca, like a lot of other archers, suffer from the fact that the TKJ trio exists. Klein has identical or superior bulk and better offenses (not to mention more optimized kit), Jeorge and Takumi have legendary weapons (meaning they perform better with Silver Bow+ sets)---Takumi is physically tanky, Jeorge is meh in both directions. Basically: Klein is almost strictly superior to Rebecca, Takumi fills a different niche than Rebecca, being more physical----it's better to be physically biased, since the best mages explode basically everyone, Jeorge is probably the only one of the trio that fails to overshadow Rebecca, and only because he couldn't quite do this set better than she does.*

*Takumi overshadows Rebecca because he can also run a counter-kill set, except versus weaker physical units rather than weaker magical units, while also having better offenses.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 hour ago, DehNutCase said:

counter-killing mages tend to be a bad plan in general, to be honest

More accurately, counter-killing mages without weapon triangle advantage (and preferably Triangle Adept or a ton of buffs to Res) is a bad idea. The biggest problem with Niles is the fact that he's colorless, which means he doesn't have weapon triangle advantage against anything (and worse, has weapon triangle disadvantage against Litrraven), meaning he takes at least full damage from everything. At best, that really just means he can counter one opponent, and then he's left crippled for the remainder of the run.

Should M-Robin have blue tomebreaker or Vantage? He's been doing surprisingly well without a skill B, but I figure it's time to give him one.

I'm on the fence on either one since I feel like he shouldn't even be fighting any mages to begin with not to mention he'll probably lose against blue mage in the first bout anyways since it's more than likely they'll double him anyways. I still haven't found a vantage character inherit yet, but I feel like that wouldn't do much for him since the opponent could probably tank him anyways.

@Zangetsu Most people give Robins Raven builds. Since I use them to primarily to counter colorless, I plan to give them QR so they can take out both bows and daggers on enemy phase. Robins can tank Luna from both B!Cordelia and Kagero. TA and QR also allow them to handle mages they are good against, but that is not their primary job.

You can also have them learn Bbreaker, Dbreaker, BTbreaker for F!Robin, and RTbreaker for M!Robin. These builds are great for player phase against a specific weapon class, but QR makes Robins equally effective against all of them on enemy phase at the cost of allowing the enemy to attack first.

@XRay

Yes I know that about M-Robin but I don't want to go through the hassle of leveling up Cecilia just so I can get a weapon. I especially don't want to spend 20,000 feathers for it either.

You guys are getting confuse by my poor grammars. I just mean I don't want to go through the hassle of leveling up a unit to get their 5 stars skills. I don't that would be a terrible waste of an unit. Not to mention I couldn't even afford to do such a thing.

But do u guys think he should have Red or Blue Tomebreaker? I don't M-Robin could survive in his encounter with Celica, Tharja, Linde, or Mae.

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

You guys are getting confuse by my poor grammars. I just mean I don't want to go through the hassle of leveling up a unit to get their 5 stars skills. I don't that would be a terrible waste of an unit. Not to mention I couldn't even afford to do such a thing.

But do u guys think he should have Red or Blue Tomebreaker? I don't M-Robin could survive in his encounter with Celica, Tharja, Linde, or Mae.

If you want to improve your grammar effortlessly, Grammarly is a good spell/grammar checker. It does make a few mistakes (but lots of mistakes when writing about videogames and sci-fi/fantasy genres in general) here are there, but it is pretty good for everyday and academic writing.

Back on topic, TA3 can be acquired from 4* Roy and QR2 can be acquired from 4* Subaki. You do not need a 5* Robin to tank colorless. Cecilia is green unit anyways, so she will not be able to give Gronnraven to M!Robin, and F!Robin works just fine with normal Gronnraven. 20,000 Feathers are not necessary for any of these builds.

You are asking for the nearly impossible. Tanking Blade mages is never a good idea since it is far easier and safer to just kill them on player phase. If Celica is using her vanilla default kit, 4* Robin will take heavy damage, but he can counter kill Celica. Normally, the other three you mentioned usually run Blades, and no 4* Robin can tank them. 5* Robin can tank red Blade mages just fine though.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

If you want to improve your grammar effortlessly, Grammarly is a good spell/grammar checker. It does make a few mistakes (but lots of mistakes when writing about videogames and sci-fi/fantasy genres in general) here are there, but it is pretty good for everyday and academic writing.

Back on topic, TA3 can be acquired from 4* Roy and QR2 can be acquired from 4* Subaki. You do not need a 5* Robin to tank colorless. Cecilia is green unit anyways, so she will not be able to give Gronnraven to M!Robin, and F!Robin works just fine with normal Gronnraven. 20,000 Feathers are not necessary for any of these builds.

You are asking for the nearly impossible. Tanking Blade mages is never a good idea since it is far easier and safer to just kill them on player phase. If Celica is using her vanilla default kit, 4* Robin will take heavy damage, but he can counter kill Celica. Normally, the other three you mentioned usually run Blades, and no 4* Robin can tank them. 5* Robin can tank red Blade mages just fine though.

Actually I do use that....the free one anyways. For some reason it really slows down my browser though.

I do actually have a Roy, but I kinda hate sacrificing him for such a thing. The collector side of me just can't let such a rare unit be off like that. :/

As for Subaki, yeah I'll probably do that. Thx for the suggestion

So it is true, M-Robin is horrible choice when it comes to a mage battle. Alas I should have known. So I guess my question now is should he be swordsman or spear user killer?

3 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Actually I do use that....the free one anyways. For some reason it really slows down my browser though.

I do actually have a Roy, but I kinda hate sacrificing him for such a thing. The collector side of me just can't let such a rare unit be off like that. :/

As for Subaki, yeah I'll probably do that. Thx for the suggestion

So it is true, M-Robin is horrible choice when it comes to a mage battle. Alas I should have known. So I guess my question now is should he be swordsman or spear user killer?

Depending on how often you summon, Roy is quite common. None of the 4* units are particularly rare in my experience, although I do summon a lot more than most players.

Yes. 4* Robin's Resistance is too low to duel popular mages. To be fair, there is no such thing as dueling Blade mages anyway unless you can separate them from their support or have Triangle Adept 3 and high enough Resistance to reduce their damage to a reasonable level. You either kill Blade mages before they can attack you, or you screw up and accidentally leave one of your units in their attack range. At best, you may survive with a few HP remaining and you can try to kill them on player phase if there are no other enemies around.

I would only use Robin to counter colorless and reds since that is where he shines. If you have trouble against lances, there are better candidates than Robin. Robin's primary build is against colorless units, and if you promote him to 5*, he can counter kill red Blade mages but he will take heavy damage.

So I have weird luck summoning where I go a month without any 5 stars then get like 3 in a row.  It's strange.

The point is I haven't gotten any five stars in awhile, so I've been training my 5 star Masked Marth from the Tempest Trials.  Right now she has Falchion and Life and Death 2 (don't have access to 3).  Any suggestions for other skills to give her?  I'm just thinking Desperation, Threaten Def, stuff like that, but I'm open to suggestions.