Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

So no poison strike Sheenas? Rip in pepperonis to my ultimate death plan

8 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Is Poison Strike Dagger only?

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

So it seems passive skill restrictions are tighter than was previously thought.

I don't have access to any Poison strike units to check for inheritance at the moment, but it would be a good idea to check for any other skills that are not only exclusive to unit type but also to weapon type. I'd appreciate any input you guys can give on this.

Fortunately, poison strike is not restricted to other units  but only to clerics, which is strange. But yeah your ultimate death plan has not been foiled @Arcanite :^_^: 

1 minute ago, Lucıůs said:

But yeah your ultimate death plan has not been foiled @Arcanite :^_^: 

Heh heh heh. Every waking minute my hands are on this game it continues to get more and more "rated M".

It's gonna get nasty . . . . . heh heh heh

The fact that a healer can't inherit certain skills is strange though. What about another AOE like Savage Blow?

Though to be fair most Assists are also staff-exclusive. It makes you wonder how versatile they could be if their damage wasn't halved...

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

The fact that a healer can't inherit certain skills is strange though. What about another AOE like Savage Blow?

Though to be fair most Assists are also staff-exclusive. It makes you wonder how versatile they could be if their damage wasn't halved...

I'd want to focus more on limited close/distant counter, if I was a developer.  Giving Healers some extra offensive utility could actually make them viable.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Just tested, healers can get savage blow 

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

I'd want to focus more on limited close/distant counter, if I was a developer.  Giving Healers some extra offensive utility could actually make them viable.

Hmm. The more I see Close / Distant Counter the more I wonder why IS didn't just put them in Takumi and Hector's weapons, like they did with Ryoma. In fact, every other unit, including unreleased ones, with a counter skill has it innate in their weapon rather than their kit.

8 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Heh heh heh. Every waking minute my hands are on this game it continues to get more and more "rated M".

It's gonna get nasty . . . . . heh heh heh

I know not what is going on with your plans and since I did not understand what you said all I can say is 

Spoiler

d6f.jpg.dfa97f820b289ad9ea81a740c1553888.jpg

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Healers can learn Savage Blow, which is another esoteric part of the game.. It's kind of upsetting how they nerfed stave users in this game so badly. 

Healers can learn Savage Blow, which is another esoteric part of the game.. It's kind of upsetting how they nerfed stave users in this game so badly. 

Take this with a grain of salt, but I think that IS deliberately kept healers from inheriting poison strike to prevent cancer strats that can put down 40+ damage on a single unit. That kind of strat would trivialize the campaign now that I think about it. Hehe.

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Take this with a grain of salt, but I think that IS deliberately kept healers from inheriting poison strike to prevent cancer strats that can put down 40+ damage on a single unit. That kind of strat would trivialize the campaign now that I think about it. Hehe.

Yes I understand, and it is the painful truth as of now. Inflicting 17 damage after combat that ignores def and res sure can be overpowered.  But I just wish they would provide flexibility on the usage of healers because their only role in this game is to tend to their wounded allies... and that's it. I hope they would give some skills that will somehow up their gameplay and give them options to be unique (i.e, staves that are effective against Blue tome users, etc.) This way, they have varying roles while not being considered as being 'op'. I believe the same concept should apply to dagger users or colorless units in general as well. :>_<: But I'm sure they will make some modifications in the future, ot is too early to judge the game at this moment. 

16 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Jaffar can get in a similar position though if he inherits poison strike.  I think its more of the fact that IS just hates healers in FE:H :(

Healers need a buff. Please answer our prayers IS.

I concur. At least with that new event with **permadeath** in roughly a month from now they will see a lot more use, which is nice.

Poison Strike does 10 damage, not Savage Blow's 7. With the Pain Staff, that becomes 20. Have a Dancer refresh the healer and the damage becomes 40, with 14 dealt to the target's allies if you also have Savage Blow. Yikes.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Poison Strike does 10 damage, not Savage Blow's 7. With the Pain Staff, that becomes 20. Have a Dancer refresh the healer and the damage becomes 40, with 14 dealt to the target's allies if you also have Savage Blow. Yikes.

True, but in that scenario you are using 3 people to kill one unit...

5 minutes ago, Shiro said:

eldigan with pass skill or any calvary that is? as a defense unit with death blow? any suggest on a c skill and a special skill?

But muh Fury.

Eldigan's kit is lacking, but Fury is the big reason his stats are so high, so it has to stay. For the B skill, Renewal limits the damage he takes from Fury and extends his durability with that 34 Defense. C Skill is a bit up in the air, but Threaten Defense or Attack can work in the slot because he rarely doubles and will either hit harder with his Prf or have an effective 45 / 41 / 24 Defenses, which is very tough to crack outside of a mage.

His special skill most definitely wants replacing, though. Moonbow might be his best option, as Mystletainn lowers the cooldown to 1, leaving it ready after every other attack.

Edited by MrSmokestack

31 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Hmm. The more I see Close / Distant Counter the more I wonder why IS didn't just put them in Takumi and Hector's weapons, like they did with Ryoma. In fact, every other unit, including unreleased ones, with a counter skill has it innate in their weapon rather than their kit.

I don't know, but since only 5* units have access to the skills, only the biggest whales can cheese out on the strategy, which seems like terrible design.

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

But muh Fury.

Eldigan's kit is lacking, but Fury is the big reason his stats are so high, so it has to stay. For the B skill, Renewal limits the damage he takes from Fury and extends his durability with that 37 Defense. C Skill is a bit up in the air, but Threaten Defense or Attack can work in the slot because he rarely doubles and will either hit harder with his Prf or have an effective 45 / 41 / 24 Defenses, which is very tough to crack outside of a mage.

His special skill most definitely wants replacing, though. Moonbow might be his best option, as Mystletainn lowers the cooldown to 1, leaving it ready after every other attack.

i want to put him in a defense arena team where he suicides and catches enemy off gaurd to assassinate for eg hector or julia with is pass skill. death blow gives him plus 6 atk and 3 more def and res isnt going to affect much as his durability woulld be worse with fury if he ai can get him to backline to eliminate a mage or a ranged unit he can still tank most physical sword users 

edit: as for his special i think ageis would work well to lessen damage taken by 50% on a 2 hit cd 

Edited by Shiro

3 minutes ago, Shiro said:

i want to put him in a defense arena team where he suicides and catches enemy off gaurd to assassinate for eg hector or julia with is pass skill. death blow gives him plus 6 atk and 3 more def and res isnt going to affect much as his durability woulld be worse with fury if he ai can get him to backline to eliminate a mage or a ranged unit he can still tank most physical sword users 

Fury only really takes its toll on Eldigan if he's getting attacked by 3+ enemies at once. If the other player on offense attacking your Eldigan on defense is doing this, it's likely his units are going to die to something other than Eldigan, as it's terribly inefficient.

Also, I would not trust the AI with being intelligent in using player-phase skills you give it, like Death Blow. Skills that don't require much nuance on the part of the computer, like Pass as you mentioned, would be better on a defense team. Lastly, having a dancer significantly increases Eldigan's effective range, which can catch people off guard and cause them to lose a unit because they misjudged the distance.

I can't really say much else about building the Eldigan you would want though without knowing what the rest of your team for him would look like.

12 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Fury only really takes its toll on Eldigan if he's getting attacked by 3+ enemies at once. If the other player on offense attacking your Eldigan on defense is doing this, it's likely his units are going to die to something other than Eldigan, as it's terribly inefficient.

Also, I would not trust the AI with being intelligent in using player-phase skills you give it, like Death Blow. Skills that don't require much nuance on the part of the computer, like Pass as you mentioned, would be better on a defense team. Lastly, having a dancer significantly increases Eldigan's effective range, which can catch people off guard and cause them to lose a unit because they misjudged the distance.

I can't really say much else about building the Eldigan you would want though without knowing what the rest of your team for him would look like.

wellso far i have a +7 catria with drag back savage blow and life or death 2 with luna she is a plus speed vaiant with -def. she will def be on my roster, i also have a sanaki with the rauorblade a linde with new moon and bow breaker and a hector with swap and threaten atk. i want to swap out my hector with eldigan and maybe swap out either linde or sanaki for one of my dancers and knowing the ai they always rush in and attack the unit they do most dmg to which is why i want pass on eldigan and with death blow he could finish most mages off seeing how low their def is. ofc this wont work on many teams but my def wins should stack up more.

i have ninian +2 or azura and my snakai is +2 linde +1 eldigan +3 and hector non

Edited by Shiro

Very useful thread; thanks for this.  Glad it was stickied, but shouldn't it be renamed to more of a General Skill Inheritance FAQ?

Let's say you have a unit you want to give Vantage 3.  Does that unit have to inherit all 3 levels of Vantage so they can work their way up to level 3?  Or will they be able to learn level 3 right away once they inherit only Vantage 3, freeing them up to inherit two other skills?

Edited by Eselred

10 minutes ago, Refa said:

They have to inherit all three levels. 

That's what I thought but I just wanted to verify.  Skill inheritance is even less interesting to me now considering how grindy and hostile to F2P it is.  I'll just get Bow Breaker on Robin once I get a Setsuna then just wait for them to hopefully refine the feature in a future patch.

Edited by Eselred

54 minutes ago, Eselred said:

Very useful thread; thanks for this.  Glad it was stickied, but shouldn't it be renamed to more of a General Skill Inheritance FAQ?

Let's say you have a unit you want to give Vantage 3.  Does that unit have to inherit all 3 levels of Vantage so they can work their way up to level 3?  Or will they be able to learn level 3 right away once they inherit only Vantage 3, freeing them up to inherit two other skills?

Hmm, a name change might in order then.

I'll add this question as an additional tip on the OP, but I'm on mobile rn so it will be a while.