Not sure what skill to inherit or who to inherit it from? Read this! (Please read before posting)

MrSmokestack

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

What refining option should I go for the sack o gifts for my Camilla build?

Hide contents

0MHMy4U.png

I would go for Speed or Resistance, assuming you are using her to tank Reinhardt and other blue mages. I would be still be a little cautious tanking buffed Blárblade mages though, especially cavalry and/or highly merged ones, as they can still crush her Resistance if she does not have Emerald Axe.

15 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

What are some ideal skills for +Atk/-Res Love Abounds Lyn?

She can run a regular Blárblade build. With Armored Boots, you can just use her like any regular infantry mage, but slightly more mobile as she is not slowed by forests.

Edited by XRay

18 hours ago, XRay said:

She can run a regular Blárblade build. With Armored Boots, you can just use her like any regular infantry mage, but slightly more mobile as she is not slowed by forests.

Most fast blade mages run Desperation, which doesn't have great synergy with Armor Boots though ... 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Most fast blade mages run Desperation, which doesn't have great synergy with Armor Boots though ... 

Good catch. I forgot about the HP requirement. That kind of sucks then. I guess there is Bold Fighter, but that is super expensive and you will need a healer too for prolonged engagements.

OK so I have ended up with 6 spare Sorens and 2 spare Boeys since I have been pulling green a lot.  What units benefit from watersweep or earth boost?  I don't want send home fodder if I have someone who could use it, but being F2P means normally don't surplus fodder, this is the first time I have had more then two of one unit at one time.

13 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

OK so I have ended up with 6 spare Sorens and 2 spare Boeys since I have been pulling green a lot.  What units benefit from watersweep or earth boost?  I don't want send home fodder if I have someone who could use it, but being F2P means normally don't surplus fodder, this is the first time I have had more then two of one unit at one time.

For Soren, I would prioritize fodderring off Fortify Res and even Growing Wind instead. You can specialize units to counter dragons with Watersweep, but other than that, it is not used since it prevents units from doubling, which is pretty bad.

For Boey, I just merge him. You can try out his Owl and see if you like it, but I do not find it useful so I never run it. Earth Boost generally is not used since it is unreliable, but you may want to keep a few as a cheap A skill for Arena Assault units with high HP.

Unless your Barracks is full with over a thousand units, I would just keep them around instead of sending them home. Spending an Orb to upgrade your barracks is better than sending units home, since sending them straight home is basically throwing 4-5 Orbs down the toilet for each character, whereas spending an extra Orb means you can keep 5 of them (worth 20-25 Orbs) around and fodder them later instead of trying to summon more fodder again.

1 hour ago, XRay said:

For Soren, I would prioritize fodderring off Fortify Res and even Growing Wind instead. You can specialize units to counter dragons with Watersweep, but other than that, it is not used since it prevents units from doubling, which is pretty bad.

For Boey, I just merge him. You can try out his Owl and see if you like it, but I do not find it useful so I never run it. Earth Boost generally is not used since it is unreliable, but you may want to keep a few as a cheap A skill for Arena Assault units with high HP.

Unless your Barracks is full with over a thousand units, I would just keep them around instead of sending them home. Spending an Orb to upgrade your barracks is better than sending units home, since sending them straight home is basically throwing 4-5 Orbs down the toilet for each character, whereas spending an extra Orb means you can keep 5 of them (worth 20-25 Orbs) around and fodder them later instead of trying to summon more fodder again.

OK I will just keep them around for now, I was just wondering if I could use them now or if I should save them.  I normally don't send units home, unless they have no useful skills what so ever.

So I wanted to give my Eliwood a brave Lance build. Something like, DB, a breaker or wary fighter, and a c Slot of my choice, with Heavy Blade Moonbow for the special. Reason I’m wanting to do this is cause I’ll probably use him a lot in arena due to his high BST and Rally Atk/Def. the only things is that, should I do it? I’m worried it’ll turn him into a discount Effie

3 hours ago, Poimagic said:

So I wanted to give my Eliwood a brave Lance build. Something like, DB, a breaker or wary fighter, and a c Slot of my choice, with Heavy Blade Moonbow for the special. Reason I’m wanting to do this is cause I’ll probably use him a lot in arena due to his high BST and Rally Atk/Def. the only things is that, should I do it? I’m worried it’ll turn him into a discount Effie

I would not run Heavy Blade unless you can get his Attack to at least 55+. 52 Attack (+Atk, Brave, Death Blow) simply is not enough. Depending on the team set up, if you run Hone Armor or Goad Armor instead of Ward Armor, your armor team may have difficulty tanking hits.

Speaking of Effie/Eliwood, I'm thinking about building a DC Berkut Lance Eliwood, the problem is, I already have that build on a +Res, -Spd Effie, and I don't have any other DC fodder. So the question is, would it be worth it to sacrifice the Effie for Eliwood?

By comparison Effie has +4 HP and Def and +2 Atk. Eliwood, meanwhile has +13 Spd and +2 Res. Effie is clearly a more durable tank but Eliwood (after a Hone Armor boost) might be fast enough to escape most doubles and open up his B slot for QR. The reason I'm considering this is because a +Atk Effie can do a better Brave Lance build, but Elliwood could carve out a niche as a QR mage tank that Effie never could.

Thoughts? Is there a better build for Eliwood? For the record, I don't have Bold or Vengeful Fighter.

Edited by NekoKnight

7 hours ago, XRay said:

I would not run Heavy Blade unless you can get his Attack to at least 55+. 52 Attack (+Atk, Brave, Death Blow) simply is not enough. Depending on the team set up, if you run Hone Armor or Goad Armor instead of Ward Armor, your armor team may have difficulty tanking hits.

Got it. Also, everyone of my armors runs ward, due to how good I know it can be. So, what would be a good special for him then?

4 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Speaking of Effie/Eliwood, I'm thinking about building a DC Berkut Lance Eliwood, the problem is, I already have that build on a +Res, -Spd Effie, and I don't have any other DC fodder. So the question is, would it be worth it to sacrifice the Effie for Eliwood?

By comparison Effie has +4 HP and Def and +2 Atk. Eliwood, meanwhile has +13 Spd and +2 Res. Effie is clearly a more durable tank but Eliwood (after a Hone Armor boost) might be fast enough to escape most doubles and open up his B slot for QR. The reason I'm considering this is because a +Atk Effie can do a better Brave Lance build, but Elliwood could carve out a niche as a QR mage tank that Effie never could.

Thoughts? Is there a better build for Eliwood? For the record, I don't have Bold or Vengeful Fighter.

Purely walling something is generally a last resort tactic and it should not be relied upon, since you are basically giving the enemy free cool down charges with no risk to them at all. I highly recommend using Distant Counter if you are running Berkut's Lance.

If you still need to tank mages and you do not want to pull Hardin, Wary Fighter and Distant Def Sacred Seal should achieve similar results without committing your limited supply of Berkut's Lance, in case they come out with a character even better in the mean time while you are waiting for Distant Counter fodder.

In my opinion, Robin's Tannenboom! is generally better since it also increases his Atk, Spd, and Def, vastly increasing his overall bulk and counter attacking power.

Got it. Also, everyone of my armors runs ward, due to how good I know it can be. So, what would be a good special for him then?

I would go with Luna or a 3 cool down Special (whichever lets him hit the hardest) to guarantee a Special activation in his second round of combat. Moonbow is also guaranteed to activate in his second round of combat, but Luna and other 3 cool down Specials are stronger.

Edited by XRay

22 minutes ago, XRay said:

Purely walling something is generally a last resort tactic and it should not be relied upon, since you are basically giving the enemy free cool down charges with no risk to them at all. I highly recommend using Distant Counter if you are running Berkut's Lance.

If you still need to tank mages and you do not want to pull Hardin, Wary Fighter and Distant Def Sacred Seal should achieve similar results without committing your limited supply of Berkut's Lance, in case they come out with a character even better in the mean time while you are waiting for Distant Counter fodder.

In my opinion, Robin's Tannenboom! is generally better since it also increases his Atk, Spd, and Def, vastly increasing his overall bulk and counter attacking power.

Oh, I use DC + Berkut's Lance together with the DD seal. What I was saying was that my Effie uses this build and I'm wondering if Eliwood would be better for it (and inherit her skills).  Eliwood reaches 46 res when attacked by mages with this build (Effie gets to 44).

The pressing question is, is Effie a better choice for the build because of her better bulk (+4HP and DEF) or is Eliwood a better mage tanker/slayer because he can probably run QR without being doubled by many threats.

In any event, I don't have any of the Christmas armors or Hardin.

Edited by NekoKnight

3 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Oh, I use DC + Berkut's Lance together with the DD seal. What I was saying was that my Effie uses this build and I'm wondering if Eliwood would better for it (and inherit her skills).  Eliwood reaches 46 res when attacked by mages with this build (Effie gets to 44).

The pressing question is, is Effie a better choice for the build because of her better bulk (+4HP and DEF) or is Eliwood a better mage tanker/slayer because he can probably run QR without being doubled by many threats.

I think Tannenboom! would suit WE!M!Robin better as a mage counter since it buffs all four of his stats for better all round bulk. I will have to check the calculator to be sure when I get home.

This is just based on my gut, so take it with a grain of salt. Against mages, he is trading 2 Atk/Spd for 5 more Res. Having more Atk will allow him to knock out slightly thicker mages in one counter (if they die, they cannot double) and the extra Spd helps prevent doubles, and that may be more valuable than an extra 5 Res since mages generally run Moonbow and Luna that crush Res. 5 Res is still a big boost though, although if you run him in an Distant Counter armor team stacked with Ward Armor, that 5 Res is not necessary if he only needs to tank red mages.

Which would be better for a +Atk/-Def Selena, Wo Dao+ or Slaying Edge+? I know it's not the best nature for her, but I'm just promoting this one for now to merge later when I get a Selena with a better nature (preferably +Atk/-Res).

On 2/23/2018 at 8:53 AM, NekoKnight said:

Oh, I use DC + Berkut's Lance together with the DD seal. What I was saying was that my Effie uses this build and I'm wondering if Eliwood would be better for it (and inherit her skills).  Eliwood reaches 46 res when attacked by mages with this build (Effie gets to 44).

On 2/23/2018 at 9:16 AM, XRay said:

I think Tannenboom! would suit WE!M!Robin better as a mage counter since it buffs all four of his stats for better all round bulk. I will have to check the calculator to be sure when I get home.

This is just based on my gut, so take it with a grain of salt. Against mages, he is trading 2 Atk/Spd for 5 more Res. Having more Atk will allow him to knock out slightly thicker mages in one counter (if they die, they cannot double) and the extra Spd helps prevent doubles, and that may be more valuable than an extra 5 Res since mages generally run Moonbow and Luna that crush Res. 5 Res is still a big boost though, although if you run him in an Distant Counter armor team stacked with Ward Armor, that 5 Res is not necessary if he only needs to tank red mages.

I have no idea why I replied about WE!M!Robin all of the sudden.

Anyways, I finally got some time to mess with the calculator. I am going to focus on blue mages since LA!Eliwood should have no problem tanking red mages and he should avoid tanking green mages.

I gave LA!Eliwood the following build:

Casa Blanca [Res] / Berkut's Lance [Res], Iceberg
Distant Counter, Vengeful Fighter
Distant Def

I tested him against the following units:

Reinhardt [+Atk, Dire Thunder, Moonbow, Death Blow, Quickened Pulse, 6/6/0/0]
Casa Blanca: 19 HP — Berkut's Lance: 19 HP
Micaiah [+Spd, Thani, Moonbow, Fury, Speed +3, 4/4/0/0]
Casa Blanca: 0 HP — Berkut's Lance: 0 HP
L'Arachel [+Atk, Ivaldi, Luna, Fury, Speed +3, 6/6/0/0]
Casa Blanca: 0 HP — Berkut's Lance: 0 HP
L'Arachel [+Spd, Blárblade, Moonbow, Fury, Quickened Pulse, 6/6/0/0]
Casa Blanca: 21 HP — Berkut's Lance: 0 HP
Tailtiu [+Atk, Blárblade, Moonbow, Fury, Quickened Pulse, 4/4/0/0]
Casa Blanca: 22 HP — Berkut's Lance: 10 HP

Against enemies without buffs, Berkut's Lance is obviously better with a constant +7 to Resistance, but Casa Blanca's buff nullification is far stronger if you are facing buffed enemies as it can stop them from doubling and it neuters Blade mages. In my opinion, I think it is better to plan for the worst case scenario so I would go with Casa Blanca with Resistance Refinement and make LA!Eliwood your primary mage tank if you do not plan to use merges. Whatever Resistance that Berkut's Lance can offer is better provided by Ward Armor from allies.

Reinhardt is not too bad with either Casa Blanca or Berkut's Lance. Reinhardt will still take a large chunk of HP out of LA!Eliwood, but Reinhardt will still die.

LA!Eliwood will survive Micaiah as long as she does not double, so this tips heavily in Casa Blanca's favor as Berkut's Lance cannot stop Micaiah with Speed buffs. Beware Speed stacked Micaiahs though, such as the one I listed, as Casa Blanca cannot prevent that Micaiah from doubling. Similar to how Julia/Deirdre +Spd is nightmare to deal with for unprepared dragon teams, +Spd Micaiah is a nightmare to deal with for unprepared armor teams.

For L'Arachel, Ivaldi is fatal because it comes with a stupid innate Defense +3, just enough for her to survive and land a second hit to kill LA!Eliwood. Neither Casa Blanca nor Berkut's Lance survive. With a Ward Armor buff, LA!Eliwood will survive, but he will not be able to tank anymore. LA!Eliwood does not have a problem dealing with Linde, Delthea, Lute, and other frail mages with less annoying exclusive tomes; this leans slightly in Casa Blanca's favor as it is more consistent, but Berkut's Lance has the potential to be better if the enemy is not buffed.

For L'Arachel running Blárblade, she is pretty easy to deal with as she dies on the counter. By the same token, Linde, Delthea, and other Physically frail Blade mages are nothing to worry about unless they stack Defense with +Def, Defense +3 Sacred Seal, etc. for surviving to double and take out a huge chunk of HP or kill; as usual, just run Ward Armor and maybe a healer for more sustainability. This is easily in Casa Blanca's favor if these mages are buffed; Berkut's Lance mitigates only 7 damage per hit while Casa Blanca can mitigate 12+ or 18+ points of damage per hit.

I ran Tailtiu just to confirm that she is not lethal to LA!Eliwood even though she can survive his counter attacks and proceed to double him. She can take out a huge chunk of LA!Eliwood's HP, but he will survive.

Edited by XRay

8ypQnNm.png

Hi.  I've got this Fallen Celica, and I wanna seek some advice.  I have decided to pursue an Aether build on my Celica.  As you can clearly see, I've quite dedicated myself to the build, complete with grinding up badges until I managed to get the required 200 Red Badges (literally, exactly 200 of those badges) to upgrade the Heavy Blade seal from 1 to 2.  I suppose it's too late to ask if this is a viable build to use for Arena (I've had mixed results so far), besides I've decided that I want to make her a go-to blade for Tempest Trials so I'll ask instead how I might be able to make this build better?  Is Fury a good skill for the A-slot, or should I use something else?  Would Life and Death be a good choice, or would that cut too far into her defenses?  Should I perhaps lean towards Death Blow 3?  How can I make this build shine?  Would she benefit from a Threaten skill?  Should I invest into Reciprocal Aid?  What should I do to make this better?

Also, I have a Summer Leo in my barracks that I'm gonna give Attack Ploy to but I don't know who I should give it to.  Any advice on that front?

@Selena4Lyfe I don't know what's the optimal arena build for her, but if you run her in TTs you have to decide one thing: Do you want to keep her at full health to keep Beloved Zofias effect alive or not? 

• If you will heal her most of the time anyway,
    • then Fury is good to further boost the effect of her weapon on all stats,
    •  she won't profit from Vantage. Give her a Breaker, WoM (if desperation mages on team), Renewal (if no healer) or another B-Skill depending on your team
    • Aether helps her to stay at full health

• If you want to run her on low health,
    • Fury + BZ after combat damage helps to keep her at low damage
    • Desperation would be much better than Vantage. A Desperation build is the only case where I would prefer LnD over Fury. Also nice: Guaranteed doubles with Desperation + Brash Assault seal against melee opponents (except firesweep users). 
    • (also Escape route is fun to play in TTs)
    • Reciprocal Aid helps to bring her faster to low health in some cases (where allies took damage first), but I found Reposition more useful in general
    • Aether would be counterproductive. Moonbow/Glimmer could proc with every second attack (in one round with double + Desperation) thanks to Heavy Blade. Also Heavy Blade (or QP seal) with a 4 count special (Astra/Ignis) works fine in TTs on Desperation builds (procs every second enemy if doubling the first). 

In general: Perhaps Life and Death would raise her kill count, but then you would profit only from the half of BZ's effect (it also raises DEF/RES by 4). I'm not a big fan of threaten skills, in TTs (and Arena for that matter) you want to kill your opponents fast. Better help her allies (especially Bladetome mages) with a buff. 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Selena4Lyfe I don't know what's the optimal arena build for her, but if you run her in TTs you have to decide one thing: Do you want to keep her at full health to keep Beloved Zofias effect alive or not? 

• If you will heal her most of the time anyway,
    • then Fury is good to further boost the effect of her weapon on all stats,
    •  she won't profit from Vantage. Give her a Breaker, WoM (if desperation mages on team), Renewal (if no healer) or another B-Skill depending on your team
    • Aether helps her to stay at full health

• If you want to run her on low health,
    • Fury + BZ after combat damage helps to keep her at low damage
    • Desperation would be much better than Vantage. A Desperation build is the only case where I would prefer LnD over Fury. Also nice: Guaranteed doubles with Desperation + Brash Assault seal against melee opponents (except firesweep users). 
    • (also Escape route is fun to play in TTs)
    • Reciprocal Aid helps to bring her faster to low health in some cases (where allies took damage first), but I found Reposition more useful in general
    • Aether would be counterproductive. Moonbow/Glimmer could proc with every second attack (in one round with double + Desperation) thanks to Heavy Blade. Also Heavy Blade (or QP seal) with a 4 count special (Astra/Ignis) works fine in TTs on Desperation builds (procs every second enemy if doubling the first). 

In general: Perhaps Life and Death would raise her kill count, but then you would profit only from the half of BZ's effect (it also raises DEF/RES by 4). I'm not a big fan of threaten skills, in TTs (and Arena for that matter) you want to kill your opponents fast. Better help her allies (especially Bladetome mages) with a buff. 

Excellent advice, many thanks.  I'm kinda excited that I can effectively use ER/WoM with her, as I'd wanted to incorporate that into a build of her's anyway as an homage to SoV Witches.  Since Fury's effect triggers after every engagement, even if Aether put Celica back to full health, it'll negate the bonuses that Beloved Zofia would otherwise give, so I might eventually scrap Fury and replace it with something else, either L&D or Death Blow (I have a spare Klein sitting in the barracks).

Is it safe to assume that she wouldn't be a good candidate for Distant Counter, considering how weak her resistance is?

27 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Excellent advice, many thanks.  I'm kinda excited that I can effectively use ER/WoM with her, as I'd wanted to incorporate that into a build of her's anyway as an homage to SoV Witches.  Since Fury's effect triggers after every engagement, even if Aether put Celica back to full health, it'll negate the bonuses that Beloved Zofia would otherwise give, so I might eventually scrap Fury and replace it with something else, either L&D or Death Blow (I have a spare Klein sitting in the barracks).

Is it safe to assume that she wouldn't be a good candidate for Distant Counter, considering how weak her resistance is?

She will take 4 damage after each engagement started at full health anyway because of Beloved Zofia, so you have to think of something to fix that if you want to have the 4/4/4/4 bonus active most of the time. 4 damage by BZ and 6 damage by Fury would be healed on every second round (plus at the start of each map!) by Renewal 3. Or do you plan to bring a healer? 

If you run Life and Death it will make it more likely for her to take damage by opponents, so you won't win much in sense of keeping her at full health. 

Death Blow is a good skill for Brave users, for all other player phase units SPD is more important than pure ATK (exceptions exist in skills like Bold Fighter and Ephraims new Lance). 

I'm not an expert in DC builts, but I think it's better to further boost the effect of Celicas weapon. The few units I gave DC to had meanings of taking few damage by their pray (Sigurd, Titania). 

So I just pulled a +atk/-spd Grima, and I want to now what a good a Slot would be for him? My options are somewhat limited, but I was thinking Fury would be a good option for him? What do you think?

So I just pulled a +atk/-spd Grima, and I want to now what a good a Slot would be for him? My options are somewhat limited, but I was thinking Fury would be a good option for him? What do you think?

Fury is fine. You can upgrade it to Steady Breath or Warding Breath later. You can also try Bonds if he is going to stick with his armor teammates a lot, but it obviously makes him less flexible in terms of positioning.

50 minutes ago, XRay said:

Fury is fine. You can upgrade it to Steady Breath or Warding Breath later. You can also try Bonds if he is going to stick with his armor teammates a lot, but it obviously makes him less flexible in terms of positioning.

Got it. I’ll swap to steady or warding Breath once I get extra fodder for that. I might go Fierce stance or maybe even fierce breath if that gets released