Prediction about Sales Figures

Put me in the boat of "slightly over a million units worldwide". It's a side project working off an established engine with a base to go off of, meaning less time and resources were spent on it.
I'm not afraid for its success whatsoever.

14 hours ago, Extrasolar said:

Considering that the Awakening/Fates characters are heavily, heavily pushed and marketed, to the point of only Awakening/Fates characters appearing in the opening cinematic iirc

That's most likely due to asset recycling; the opening was done by the same people who did Awakening and Fates' FMV cutscenes (heck, the player representation looks straight-up like a re-textured Robin). It makes perfect sense to play it safe for an untested mobile game.

15 hours ago, KazeNinja17 said:

There are those in the Fire Emblem fandom that hate how successful that the series has become. Don't ask me why that is, but that's the case sadly. I want this game to do well since it might lead to more Fire Emblem remakes.

There are those who'd rather have had the series die by now, using the argument that they'd rather have it go out on a high note than become what it is now. Heck, there's a user on this forum who insists Koei treats DoA's cast more human than IS does now and bought Corrin in Smash simply so they could take out their anger on them.

44 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

That's most likely due to asset recycling; the opening was done by the same people who did Awakening and Fates' FMV cutscenes (heck, the player representation looks straight-up like a re-textured Robin). It makes perfect sense to play it safe for an untested mobile game.

You know that makes perfect sense and makes me feel better about the opening. I was a bit peeved at first because they seemed to ignore everything older, but if it was for economic/efficiency reasons I'm perfectly willing to give it a pass.

5 hours ago, The DanMan said:

I get that part, and I know part of it is convenience with the already-made models, but it still feels like all of the marketing and the game itself focusing disproportionately on Awakening and Fates (and to a lesser extent, Elibe). Of course, that all makes sense from a business standpoint, since those three games were the best-selling of the franchise, and thus would be more recognizable to a vast audience... But it's still lame, imo. Not that Tellius, Awakening, and Fates fans can't enjoy their characters and the promotion they're getting....but...

Sucks for all us Tellius fans, especially. It's not our fault that they gave Tellius sucky promotion and advertising and it didn't sell well as a result... :/

There are those who'd rather have had the series die by now, using the argument that they'd rather have it go out on a high note than become what it is now. Heck, there's a user on this forum who insists Koei treats DoA's cast more human than IS does now and bought Corrin in Smash simply so they could take out their anger on them.

Where are you finding these people? I've never heard any FE fans that said "i wish the series had died out/stopped." Maybe I'm just not poking into the right corners of the internet?

Edited by Extrasolar

7 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Where are you finding these people? I've never heard any FE fans that said "i wish the series had died out/stopped." Maybe I'm just not poking into the right corners of the internet?

Youtube comments and gamefaqs, mostly (and predictably)-- though as I said, there's a couple here (displaying varying levels of passion behind the statement).

8 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

I get that part, and I know part of it is convenience with the already-made models, but it still feels like all of the marketing and the game itself focusing disproportionately on Awakening and Fates (and to a lesser extent, Elibe). Of course, that all makes sense from a business standpoint, since those three games were the best-selling of the franchise, and thus would be more recognizable to a vast audience... But it's still lame, imo. Not that Tellius, Awakening, and Fates fans can't enjoy their characters and the promotion they're getting....but...

Sucks for all us Tellius fans, especially. It's not our fault that they gave Tellius sucky promotion and advertising and it didn't sell well as a result... :/

It's Akaneia, Elibe, and the newest stuff. It's made for what sold in Japan-- and Tellius probably wouldn't have sold that great even if it was advertised due to Japan's growing preference for handhelds, on top of the Gamecube's poor worldwide sales.

21 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

You'll find a lot of those people who would rather see Fire Emblem die on tumblr, too. It's one reason I avoid the Fire Emblem tags on there. Also, I have one friend that was one of my few close Fire Emblem friends that wishes Fire Emblem had ended with Awakening or before Awakening.

15 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Youtube comments and gamefaqs, mostly (and predictably)-- though as I said, there's a couple here (displaying varying levels of passion behind the statement).

Yeah, there's a reason why I avoid YouTube comments and gamefaqs boards on principle. They tend to attract those kind of people, if you know what I mean. I'd argue that it's a vocal minority, more than anything. I don't think any sane people feel that way.

15 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

It's Akaneia, Elibe, and the newest stuff. It's made for what sold in Japan-- and Tellius probably wouldn't have sold that great even if it was advertised due to Japan's growing preference for handhelds, on top of the Gamecube's poor worldwide sales.

Archanea's already mega popular in Japan to begin with; Mystery is their most beloved game, after all, and Elibe itself is very popular over there (with Roy being the most popular lord from that franchise, iirc). While I think you have a point about the handheld divide, SS didn't sell all that well either, and that was handheld.

Not to mention, there were plenty of GameCube blockbusters, like The Wind Waker, Resident Evil 4, and the like. (Granted, those franchises have a larger history of western popularity, but I don't necessarily think the GameCube itself is to blame).

EDIT: @KazeNinja17 Ah, I'll admit I'm not familiar with the FE fandom on Tumblr, since after hearing all kinds of things about that site I tend to avoid it unless I'm looking at scholarly/history blogs or the like. Fandom blogs, I've found, tend to be extremist, one way or the other.

Edited by Extrasolar

4 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Yeah, there's a reason why I avoid YouTube comments and gamefaqs boards on principle. They tend to attract those kind of people, if you know what I mean. I'd argue that it's a vocal minority, more than anything. I don't think any sane people feel that way.

Archanea's already mega popular in Japan to begin with; Mystery is their most beloved game, after all, and Elibe itself is very popular over there (with Roy being the most popular lord from that franchise, iirc). While I think you have a point about the handheld divide, SS didn't sell all that well either, and that was handheld.

Not to mention, there were plenty of GameCube blockbusters, like The Wind Waker, Resident Evil 4, and the like. (Granted, those franchises have a larger history of western popularity, but I don't necessarily think the GameCube itself is to blame).

EDIT: @KazeNinja17 Ah, I'll admit I'm not familiar with the FE fandom on Tumblr, since after hearing all kinds of things about that site I tend to avoid it unless I'm looking at scholarly/history blogs or the like. Fandom blogs, I've found, tend to be extremist, one way or the other.

Yeah. I've managed to find a few FE dedicated blogs on there that aren't too extreme one way or the other.

It won’t sell as much as Awakening and Fates, but I don’t think it needs to. I think Nintendo and Intelligent Systems are going to keep expectations reasonable.

The game is a remake, and they’re not shying away from that. It’ll be expected to sell decently, but not expected to reach the heights of Awakening/Fates.

I think it’ll sell at least close to 1 million, perhaps surpass it, but I think even something in the range of 800,000 worldwide would be alright. More than enough for the game to make a profit and show interest.

Also, even if Echoes doesn’t do well, I highly doubt it’ll put Fire Emblem back in the red. In case you’ve forgotten, the series has a highly successful mobile game going in Fire Emblem Heroes, not to mention Fire Emblem Warriors later this year, and a new mainstream Switch game next year.

The only thing Echoes will really affect is if there’s a market for more remakes, and I think it’ll do well enough to meet expectations.

Edited by Sentinel07

While most discuss the sales, advertisement and so forth but I think we are forgetting one important question. The 3DS itself and other games that still will be released. Honestly After Pokemon Sun & Moon I have yet to see a single ad about the 3DS or any other game for it. It's more like that Nintendo themselves have put the 3DS family on lower priority since they're betting big on Switch atm.

Judging from the responses in this topic and the preorder topic, I no longer think this game is going to sell poorly. Now I just hope that it does well enough that our binding blade remake is guaranteed.

It'll sell well after the success of awakening. Nintendo will market the crap out of it and it will sell tons of units for that. But we might get a third split in the community from it. Veteran fans, newer fans, and Gaiden fans. Vets are going to want to see an fe4 or fe7 type game or remake. Newer fans will want to see another fe13 or fe14 like game. And the Gaiden fans will want to see more fe2 or fe15 like games. I think that it will sell well due to the large mass of new fans, but only rated highly by Gaiden fans, and because of this, initial sales will be insane, but bad reviews from people who hate Gaiden will kick in hurting it in the long run.

And if my predictin comes true, that would be a real shame. I mean, look at my favorite FE game.