Who all Preordered Echoes?

Did you preorder?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Did you?

1 minute ago, Sarahtoga104 said:

I have pre-ordered so many games from Amazon and they have never once not come of the day of release. Same for all of my friends I do not personally know a single person who has had an issue with them. Day of release does mean all the way to 8pm though which I think throws a lot of people off but if I wanted the game the second it came out that badly I'd buy the digital copy. I'll still take the discount and the free shipping even if I don't get it until late afternoon.

I've had plenty of friends who didn't get their copy for weeks if not the month after.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Sarahtoga104 said:

I have pre-ordered so many games from Amazon and they have never once not come of the day of release. Same for all of my friends I do not personally know a single person who has had an issue with them. Day of release does mean all the way to 8pm though which I think throws a lot of people off but if I wanted the game the second it came out that badly I'd buy the digital copy. I'll still take the discount and the free shipping even if I don't get it until late afternoon.

Gonna back you up on this, Amazon has always been awesome.

32 minutes ago, Commander Xelon said:

Guys, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but y'all who are preordering from Amazon... they have an abysmal reputation for delivering the product on release day. I would recommend canceling your preorder from there and go to your local game store and preorder the game there.

I've pre-ordered atmany games from Amazon with release-day shipping-- the only game that didn't come release day with it was Pokemon Moon, which was highly in demand freakin' everywhere. And the less money Gamstop gets the better in my book.

Amazon is fine, but I prefer shopto.net for the UK. From my experience they tend to come a day or two early.

Plus they actually have it up on there already.

Edited by Tryhard

4 hours ago, Commander Xelon said:

Guys, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but y'all who are preordering from Amazon... they have an abysmal reputation for delivering the product on release day. I would recommend canceling your preorder from there and go to your local game store and preorder the game there.

The only times I've had issues with pre-orders not coming on release date is when I pre-ordered the game a few days before its release. That and when Zero Time Dilemma was released, but that was a fiasco on both Amazon and Aksys' behalf. You also won't be GUARANTEED your pre-order on release date via Amazon unless you select 2-day shipping (with either Prime or not Prime). They ship out their pre-orders based on shipping speed NOT when you pre-ordered. I got Fire Emblem Fates' special edition on release day even though I pre-ordered via Amazon.

15 hours ago, Commander Xelon said:

Unless someone gives me the money to buy it at a brick-and-mortar store, I will wait.

16 hours ago, Commander Xelon said:

Never had an issue with them and I don't have any local game stores where i'm at right now. 

Plus its not like Gamestop is better than how you say Amazon is with pre-orders, considering Gamestop treats everyone like garbage

11 hours ago, Jedi said:

Never had an issue with them and I don't have any local game stores where i'm at right now. 

Plus its not like Gamestop is better than how you say Amazon is with pre-orders, considering Gamestop treats everyone like garbage

Gamestop's recently implemented a new policy where stores try to meet a sales goal of 60/30/10-- 60% new games/30% used games/10% hardware. If an individual location is not meeting that quota, employees are encouraged to lie to customers to skew things towards fulfilling the quota.

I feel ashamed for ever having bought anything from there.

On 3/18/2017 at 10:40 AM, Commander Xelon said:

I've never had a problem with Amazon's release-date deliveries.

Hell, my Switch and copy of BotW got delivered via a private delivery service. I doubt Echoes will get that same treatment, but for normal games, they've always arrived on time.

Plus, what are the alternatives? Gamestop and Bestbuy? While Bestbuy's gotten a lot better, their main focus has never been gaming, so it's never a guarantee that they'll carry new, niche releases. Especially with Nintendo games, which don't release/stock on the usual business day(Tuesday).

And Gametsop is a dumpster fire of a business.

Edited by Slumber

That moment when literally your only way to get games is GameStop ;___;

God, I really wish Ireland had more options then GameStop, Argos (Which never seems to have anything on release day) and Smythes (A more toy oriented store rather then video games).

Everyone that has been saying that Amazon is good with their pre-orders. Well, I stand corrected on what I heard about them. I'm still not pre-ordering the game, because part of me wants to get the digital download(As though I do like game boxes, I don't have room on my shelf for a 3DS box). I mean if Nintendo sets up pre-loading on the 3DS for Echoes, then yeah, I'll pre-order it that way. If not? I'll just wait til release day to get it, no biggie.

I'm hoping for a special edition, and hoping further that it doesn't sell out instantly. I managed to wangle the Fates one through trickery, but not sure the same avenue will be available this time round. If not, I will preorder it. I like to collect things, anyway, so I will probably buy the normal edition separately if the box is any different. It's what I did with Fates and Thracia ^.^''

With regards to preordering on Amazon, I've usually received my item the day before release, so I've never had any issues there.

14 hours ago, Azz said:

That moment when literally your only way to get games is GameStop ;___;

God, I really wish Ireland had more options then GameStop, Argos (Which never seems to have anything on release day) and Smythes (A more toy oriented store rather then video games).

Hmph, have to agree.

Not planning on getting Echoes Day 1, but even still the lack of options to look for it is an annoyance, and part of why I'd tend to look online. (Though I'd still expect Smyths to have it on launch)

And what else? Tesco, if they still are in Ireland by then (Which is moot with their buying Golden Discs and turning their disk section into that)? 

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Hmph, have to agree.

Not planning on getting Echoes Day 1, but even still the lack of options to look for it is an annoyance, and part of why I'd tend to look online. (Though I'd still expect Smyths to have it on launch)

And what else? Tesco, if they still are in Ireland by then (Which is moot with their buying Golden Discs and turning their disk section into that)? 

Yeah Tesco still exists but they have horrible prices for games and also tend to really only sell Xbox and PS games and it's really rare to see anything Nintendo. Well at least in the ones I go to.

Also Smythes don't tend to get Special Editions from my experience and GameStop is closer to me.

17 minutes ago, Azz said:

Smythes don't tend to get Special Editions

Ah yes, the killer. I remember that for Fates (And €120 for it in Gamestop, which was maddening), and it's likely true again here.

I can say I've seen Nintendo games being sold in Tesco, but not FE as far as I remember, so that's not much of an option either.

Everyone if you want the Limited Edition jump on it now https://www.amazon.com/Fire-Emblem-Echoes-Shadows-Valentia-Nintendo/dp/B06XRSXJNG/?th=1

No telling how long the Amazon ones will last. Thanks to @Captain Karnage for pointing this out.

Edit: Annnnnd its apparently already sold out on Amazon.

Edited by Jedi