Petition for Youtube to Keep Annotations

FionordeQuester

Hey guys!  It seems that YouTube is wanting to remove annotations by May 2 for whatever weird reason.  This is an option that will negatively affect many YouTube content creators, because annotations are the only things I know of that you can put anywhere in the video that you want; YouTube WANTS to replace them with End Screens and Cards, but neither of those have all the functionalities that annotations do.

So if you would...

https://www.change.org/p/susan-wojcicki-ceo-of-youtube-don-t-stop-youtube-annotations-on-2nd-may-2017-we-use-them?recruiter=696414950&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Please sign the above petition; its toward the senior manager of YouTube herself, as well as one other person.  Thank you for your time!

2 minutes ago, FionordeQuester said:

Good point; not everyone's comfortable signing petitions.  If you want to though, you could contact the CEO via Twitter; her name is Susan Wojcicki.

Eh. Still not going to sign it.

By the way what benefits do End Screens and Cards bring compared to Annotations anyways? As you said, they don't have all the functionalities. In that case, I'd prefer Annotations compared to End Screens and Cards.

What does those Annotations do in YouTube anyway. I did seen them was shown under in the video settings in that Gear icon, but I wasn't those actually do in the videos?

19 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

What does those Annotations do in YouTube anyway. I did seen them was shown under in the video settings in that Gear icon, but I wasn't those actually do in the videos?

The two chief uses are fixing errors and adding additional information; like so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6jaImDnTWU

Otherwise, the only way to do those two things are to either add them in the description (where it isn't nearly as interactive, and could be overlooked), or take down and reupload the entire video just to fix a few minor errors.