Do you think Echoes will bridge the rift between old and new fans

18 minutes ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

Yeah.

This.

See what I meant? The remake is burning bridges, not building new ones.

that's right that trailer is not making any peace between preferences and let's be honest all of Fates advertising was to take sides i don't see things changing now

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a new FE player! i joined the universe since awakening! I for once am so excited with Echoes! I hope they continue with remakes thus giving me the chance to play all of the games i missed! Also i love that they arent going with a fates/awakening feel since i like my games to be challenging and i dislike over the top fan service...

10 hours ago, mikethepokemaster said:

I have my doubts now, since the trailer on YouTube dropped and Alm's Grandpa said the stuff about pair up and archers, all I see are flame wars, arguments, and return to form all over YouTube. I admit I have been triggered by some comments and even put my two cents in, but come on! More than anything they were saying since it is a remake it won't have modern Fire Emblem game play.

Pair up isn't really that bad in Fates, it used to be obnoxiously broken in Awakening and even I'll admit that. I haven't seen the trailer, is it the Fates or Awakening version of pair up?

14 hours ago, Commander Xelon said:

Pair up isn't really that bad in Fates, it used to be obnoxiously broken in Awakening and even I'll admit that. I haven't seen the trailer, is it the Fates or Awakening version of pair up?

It was a throwaway line about Pair Up not being in it at all.

Said line has caused shitposting (myself included), and certain people to run around in elitist triumphalism. Just watch the trailer and decide what you think it meant yourself.

Honestly, In a way. I'm not quite happy about pair up being gone. However, I'm honestly a little glad that it's gone as well. Personally it was becoming slightly tiring to constantly pair up units before actually getting the damned chapter going.

To be totally honest I would have loved to see rescue return, but I am pretty sure that I am a minority in that regard.

I just thought that it was a great balance of being far from overpowered and being legitimately useful.

Shelter doesn't count.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

Well damn the shit posting is still going on at YouTube I have not check Reddit yet probably worst... nah nothing beats YouTube comment section. I guess old and new fans wont see eye t eye for a while... if any to be frank. Well Serene Forest is quit tame on the new vs old thing, I am happy about that. :)

Edited by mikethepokemaster

I think this game might just increase the rift if it doesn't sell well enough. More Echoes remakes might follow if this game is successful but if it bombs and we don't get a remake of Genealogy and binding blade then the old fans might feel that the new fans took something away from them by not going out of their comfort zone. 

Probably not.

Some fans who loved the pair up and avatar mechanic and some others fans who didn't like Gaiden in the first place(or some of its mechanics that were reused in other games such as the world map and grinding in Sacred Stones, in Awakening and Fates) would probably have some issues about this game.

And recently it seems that there are some people who take the "pillars of modern warfare" line in the new trailer too seriously, so it sure doesn't help.  

12 hours ago, Thunderstar said:

Probably not.

Some fans who loved the pair up and avatar mechanic and some others fans who didn't like Gaiden in the first place(or some of its mechanics that were reused in other games such as the world map and grinding in Sacred Stones, in Awakening and Fates) would probably have some issues about this game.

And recently it seems that there are some people who take the "pillars of modern warfare" line in the new trailer too seriously, so it sure doesn't help.  

Yeah wish Nintendo didn't do that now a whole bunch of shit posting is going.

14 hours ago, Folt said:

Definitely not.

But as someone who's favorite FEs are the 3DS games, I will still buy it. FE is my favorite Nintendo series and I want to experience all of the games someday.

My favorite are the 3DS games too :) finally got my Lyn x Mark proxy Robin x Lucina but I love for their heartfelt support more than anything. 

12 hours ago, Thunderstar said:

Those people shouldn't be so oversensitive about that harmless joke.

1 minute ago, L9999 said:

Those people shouldn't be so oversensitive about that harmless joke.

There's a joke, and there's those using it as a jumping off point to try and tick off of others for liking "gutter trash".

The gap is bigger in this imaginary realm that is every forum's echo chamber than it actually is. What's the most that'll be active in this rift? 100 if you really squint hard and take every comment as serious?

A rift between 100-200 people out of 500k minimum is making a mountain out of an ant hill problem.

6 hours ago, Reflex said:

The gap is bigger in this imaginary realm that is every forum's echo chamber than it actually is. What's the most that'll be active in this rift? 100 if you really squint hard and take every comment as serious?

A rift between 100-200 people out of 500k minimum is making a mountain out of an ant hill problem.

I think it bigger probably like 200k since fire emblem is mainstream right now. I think your judging off serene forest members who replied on this forum. Now if I am wrong my bad.