Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest Prologue and Chapter 1 - Classic Lunatic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b_FgBXM2so

Video Description

Welcome to my playthrough of the maps for each chapter in Fire Emblem Fate: Conquest on Classic Lunatic mode.  In the description of each video I plan on going through somewhat lengthy discussions of the different strategies and/or characters involved in the video.

The Avatar (Aether) -  This character is the most important in the playthrough, but I think she is the second best character after Xander.  I do not get him until chapter 16 though.

I choose for my avatar to excel in magic and be flawed in luck stat.  Magic is very important for the avatar in conquest as the Nohr Noble is a really good class with great growths and skills.  This class uses swords, magic spells, and the Dragonstone.   The Dragonstone is very important and deals magical damage.  The Levin Sword will also be useful when I plan switch classes towards the end of the game. 

Luck is likely the best stat to choose as a flaw in Conquest.  With the Dragonstone I gain a +10 dodge bonus to critical hits, and I will receive a total of 4 goddess icons throughout the game.  These are items that permanently increase luck by 4.  Luck is also considered by most people to be the least important stat in the game regardless of the other factors I have explained.

Mercenary was the chosen backup class for my avatar.  This is so that I can change classes to a Bow Knight towards the end of the game to have the Shuriken Breaker skill for the endgame.  The outlaw can also become a Bow Knight, but Strong Riposte is more desired than the outlaw skills.  The Good Fortune skill will also help my avatar survive longer in chapter 25, which is actually really important due to the extremely high number of turns I will require in that chapter.

It is definitely best to choose a female avatar, because then you get Jakob, who is far better than Felicia.  I actually plan to have the avatar marry Jakob and pass the Dragonstone off to Kana after becoming a Bow Knight.  Gunter will be a very highly useful support for the avatar for almost every chapter after I get him in chapter 15.

The actual strategy behind the maps in this video is basically nonexistent, so I will not even address that aspect until next time.  Btw, my avatar’s birthday is 2/25 just because it is shortly after the time I am starting this file.  You just get a few small bonuses on your “birthday.”

Edited by Greil Mercenaries

Personally, I must question taking a Luck bane, then choosing Mercenary for Good Fortune, which is hardly reliable as things are - even with max Luck, it only works a little over 1/4 of the time (assuming you were staying as Bow Knight against Ryoma), and only heals for 20% HP. (I know you had other reasons for choosing Mercenary, but I don't have much issue with those)