Eventiel taken down?

maxamus333

First time poster, long time lurker here.

I've had some free time lately, and have finally decided to learn the basics of FE hacking. I've been watching a bunch of tutorial videos, read bits of the ultimate guide (hail blazer),  etc.

My problem is that the main video series I've been using (The workshop series by Ghast) heavily uses Eventiel. I've tried to load that site about 50 times on 4 different browsers, but every time the interface will just not load correctly. My preliminary (and uneducated) investigation has lead me to believe that it may be related to files that have been taken off dropbox, but I honestly have no idea. Is it no longer working? I know the host site is pretty dead, but does that extend to Eventiel?

As FE8 is my preferred game, I wanted to start by hacking that (I've since decided to pace myself and learn FE7 first as FE8 looks like a nightmare). I looked at the FE8 Eventiel, but that seems to be incomplete and not quite working either. 

SO my question is this: IS eventiel, in FE8 or FE7 form, still working? If not, what alternative programs would you recommend? Thanks to anyone who replies; getting started has already given me a major headache....

FE8 Eventiel is not recommended in the slightest from what I remember. Best to learn how most of us do events, which is just writing them up in a text editor. Then you won't even need Eventiel anymore.

As for the site, it's busted for me as well, so it's not an issue on your end.

1 hour ago, Primefusion said:

FE8 Eventiel is not recommended in the slightest from what I remember. Best to learn how most of us do events, which is just writing them up in a text editor. Then you won't even need Eventiel anymore.

As for the site, it's busted for me as well, so it's not an issue on your end.

Reading between the ling here, it seems to me as if the OP wouldn't mind doing that if he had a good resource to learn from. Unfortunately, I have no idea.Where to find such a thing.

On 3/16/2017 at 11:15 PM, maxamus333 said:

SO my question is this: IS eventiel, in FE8 or FE7 form, still working?

Not outside of unit placement, no.

On 3/16/2017 at 11:15 PM, maxamus333 said:

If not, what alternative programs would you recommend

Doing it normally, I have an (incomplete) eventing resource for FE8 in my signature, and is also linked in the resource thread.