Birthdays.

Zerxen

How do you guys go about birthdays, whether it be your own or a love one's? I myself am generally apathetic to them- treat it like another day. I normally just go out and have dinner somewhere with my family- nowhere fancy; something like Japanese food suffices for everyone.

I stopped taking birthdays seriously after my 17th. Heck, on my 21st I decided not to take the day off work because I didn't want to take too many day offs. If it's a milestone birthday then maybe I'll have something planned with the family..

My own - don't do anything.

Loved ones - we sometimes manage to get friends to come over for my husband's and we play games.

Kids - normally they get an outing to the aquarium or some other place; this year they're having a joint party.

Parents/siblings - I'll Skype them to say happy birthday.

Friends - I'll do whatever they want to do, if they're local.

Used to celebrate mine, decided to end it last year. I only celebrate at home now with family members. Besides it seems like people in my community think wasting tons of money going to a restaurant and then going to the mall is a great way to spend birthdays....yeah, right. Not wasting my money anymore.

Otherwise, I say "Happy Birthday!" to every other good person I know.

I don't really have a birthday anymore.  My son and my birthdays are two days apart, so any birthday parties we have now are combined, and his takes precedence over mine.  I don't really mind though, since I long ago got past when birthdays matter anymore.

Before, we would go to a restaurant (or at home when I was a kid) for family.

And a little party between friends.

But now it's over since I'm an adult, will probably just be a cake.

I'm not really a party person, but some of those pretty party decorations are tempting enough to where I'd want to do that for someone's birthday someday, be it my own or someone else's. :P Give me those Disney Frozen themed ones, I don't care if it's really meant for kids, I love that movie.

Anyway, what me and my folks have generally done is go out to dinner and have cake and that's really it. One year we decorated for my mom because my stepbrother and I felt like it, but haven't done it since. I'd need help because I'm too short to reach some places that one would hang streamers and stuff.

This year I do want to do something great for my mom because she's hitting the big 50! I sent my dad a 50 card when he turned 50 (because he lives far away), so I should do something special for my mom's 50th too. ^^

I still like birthdays!  I'm 27.  I like any day where people are really nice to me and give me free stuff.

I usually throw some sort of party thing at my place each year.  I prefer that to going out.  I love playing hostess, hehe. :^_^:

However, I do NOT enjoy the moment when everyone sings "happy birthday" to me.  I guess I'm kind of awkward, but I never know where to look.  Like, everyone's staring at me and singing to me, and it just makes me feel really weird.

11 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

However, I do NOT enjoy the moment when everyone sings "happy birthday" to me.  I guess I'm kind of awkward, but I never know where to look.  Like, everyone's staring at me and singing to me, and it just makes me feel really weird.

Same here. I keep my birthday a secret to my friends since I cannot stand being in the limelight. 

Well I don't have anyone I know that has cake so I always buy one to share with my parents since it is the one day a year I get to have cake with lots of frosting, and I go to some store I like and buy myself something I like or order something that I want.

On 3/24/2017 at 4:10 AM, Infinite Dreams said:

Same here, seriously. Although, I try to just ignore it and look at the cake and think of how tasty it's going to be. :P