Member Badges Fixed + Additions

VincentASM

In case you weren't aware, the upgrade to IPB4 kind of blew up our custom member badge code. Earlier, I tried my best to fix it, but with minimal knowledge of IPB4 code and coding in general, all I could do was recycle some very primitive and ugly code, which meant some functions were lost and a couple of annoying bugs (like missing badges if you didn't select one).

Fast forward two months and I've finally figured out how to fix the code properly. Although to be fair, I only spent a few hours a month researching before I gave up. Anyway... this means the code should be more streamlined (in theory; it's still a mess TBH) and some functions from before IPB4 should now be possible!

The lowdown...

Allegiance-specific badges are back! For example Corrin (M), Corrin (F) and Azura when you select Hoshido or Nohr. There are several more... See if you can find them : )

The SFS-exclusive Pixel Marth is now available for participants from last year's SFS. It can be selected via the Member dropdown, in the Archanea section. If you're not an original participant or staff member, selecting it does nothing.

(This year's SFS participants will eventually be able to select the Pixel Marth badge and maybe another exclusive badge...)

Members who haven't selected a badge or allegiance should no longer have a blank/missing badge.

(Not a bug: On mobile, badges will not display. This is to save space, etc.)

Staff members can now select their badges and allegiances. Once again, priority is given to the Staff badge.

Badges now appear outside of the default Serenes Forest skin.

--And to celebrate the occasion, there are some new badges. Mainly Echoes and Jugdral, but possibly a few more dotted around.

Finally, please let me know if you notice any bugs or strange happenings (there are multiple failsafes in place, but with so many conditionals, it's very easy to make mistakes).

Also, as usual, you're welcome to suggest new badges, feedback or improvements, etc.

Oh yeah, you can post here to test your badge as well and party.

Edited by VincentASM

7 minutes ago, Kirie said:

Yay, staff can pick our badges again! \o/ Testing mine out now to make sure it works.

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

is RAFIEL back?

Yup, sorry for leaving you hanging XD

Where's that King Chrom, doe? You promised!

Test post to check for allegiance-specific badges

Ah, there's Order of Heroes!

Edited by Motendra
checking badges

Noice job dude. Always nice to have guys like you who work hard for the sake of others if ya know what I mean.

Edited by CatManThree

2 hours ago, VincentASM said:

Also, as usual, you're welcome to suggest new badges, feedback or improvements, etc.

Should we post such things here or what? Just want to be sure in case I or anyone else wants to suggest anything.

it feels good to be able to see my badge on the dark theme

thanks for fix

although now that ninian is in heroes I feel like using linde again I kind of miss her

Edited by unique

36 minutes ago, CatManThree said:

Should we post such things here or what? Just want to be sure in case I or anyone else wants to suggest anything.

Yeah, sure.

Just keep in mind that due to factors like artistic inspiration, number of existing badges, I can't accommodate everyone's requests. I'm mainly asking to get a feel for things and maybe get a spark of inspiration ^^

I do have some ideas for the next batch of badges, but I already spent most of this afternoon fixing and testing the badge code. So it might be a few weeks (or months) before you see anything new.

4 minutes ago, Dollar said:

Yo, I just logged on for the first time in eons and my Leif badge is busted.

What's up with that hot nonsense?

It's totally not a bug, it's how Thracia is. :P:

Anyway, glad to have Tormod back~!

lol i waited forever for vincent to add a florina badge and he wouldn't even do it until i bugged him enough when her cipher came out :(

anyway great work vincent and if you're reading this, go check your PMs!!!

• 5 months later...

lachesis badge is displaying blank, with or without allegiance selected

screenshot of the example: Untitled.png?raw=1

double-checking the badge logbook, the badge is still on server under the name jugdral5.png

i suspect the issue may have to do with the name in the list being changed from the older "Raquesis" to newer "Lachesis;" possibly disrupting a pointer list somewhere

Untitled1.png?raw=1

Edited by buttmuncher.ops