Hi everyone! (Warning: Wall of Text Approaches!)

Nazarre

Hey! So I finally decided to join the forums here... after using this site for weeks and occasionally lurking around here. However, I'm not a new Fire Emblem fan... I've been into the series since about 2002-ish (yes, because of Smash Bros., much like how most of the Western world was introduced to the franchise. :P)

After unlocking Marth in Smash Bros. and falling in love at first sight liking him so much that he became my main, I took the next logical step and played FE3. I remember at first I didn't understand how to move my characters... hurr.

It was a short while after this that I began frequenting the Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals (later Sanctuary of Strategy) forums... all this before FE7 was localized overseas. I also began playing every FE game in Japanese... mostly to collect the adorable map sprites and compile them into an MSPaint file.

Fast forward many years... I got FE: Awakening (is it 13? I kinda lost count after 7 or 8) mostly because I wanted to play every game that every Smash 4 character was in, and I was pleasantly surprised to learn that FE games have plots and characters with personalities.

So, that brings us to the present... I'm currently trying to catch up on playing FE games in a language I can understand. My bucket list is as follows:

• Shadow Dragon
  • Gaiden Echoes (just pre-ordered it today... yay!)
  • New Mystery of the Emblem
  • Genealogy of the Holy War (currently playing... thanks to everyone who made Project Naga!)
  • Thracia 776 (seriously... when are we going to get a real English patch for this?)
  • Binding Blade (thanks for this patch as well!)
  • Blazing Blade
  • Sacred Stones
  • Path of Radiance
  • Radiant Dawn
  • Awakening
  • Fates

Oh, I've also been playing Heroes since launch... I'll put my FC in my sig later.

Looking forward to talking to everyone!

tldr; Been into Fire Emblem for about 15 years and have been terrible about it, but am trying to make up for it now.

Thracia 776 do have a English patch IIRC. It's like a good 90% done. (Also the hardest one I have played to date.)

Me too... been a FE fan for a long time... made an account a while back and never use much until Heroes.

You should play TearRing Saga ... imo its one of the best ... (just me)

Edited by Ryuke

35 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Thracia 776 do have a English patch IIRC. It's like a good 90% done. (Also the hardest one I have played to date.)

Me too... been a FE fan for a long time... made an account a while back and never use much until Heroes.

You should play TearRing Saga ... imo its one of the best ... (just me)

Thracia 776 has a patch? Where?! When I researched it, the only ones I could find were one that basically only translated the menus, and one that only (and shoddily) translated the story (which at that point, I'd rather just read the translation scripts on SF as I play. ~_~)

I would like to play TRS as well, but I read the translation patches for those are pretty bad (if one even exists for the second one at all.) FE is my main priority ATM, though...

are you named after that one swordmaster from one of the early fe4 arenas? if so, I applaud you for picking such an obscure reference as your name

the Thracia 776 patch available isn't very good, but it's really the only way to play the game currently. You could either use the menu only one and just read the script off SF, or just use the older not very good patch. it doesn't translate all the menus but it's fairly playable (I think there is a glitch in a later chapter that might cause the game to crash, but I've never made it that far)

i'd recommend doing one of those after you finish FE4 since a newer patch probably won't be out for a while

@Nazarre - like unique said. It isnt good... but it's translated bad.. Now that I realized serenes have a script... maybe I should chekc it out.

TRS translation is also ... one of the few early translated project. It seems pretty good.. at least when I played it a few years back. 

39 minutes ago, unique said:

are you named after that one swordmaster from one of the early fe4 arenas? if so, I applaud you for picking such an obscure reference as your name

You are correct. ^_^

40 minutes ago, unique said:

the Thracia 776 patch available isn't very good, but it's really the only way to play the game currently. You could either use the menu only one and just read the script off SF, or just use the older not very good patch.

That's what I was planning on doing... since I'm playing the games for the story currently, I really don't need it ruined with nonsense like "IN AMERICA!"

9 hours ago, Ryuke said:

@Nazarre - like unique said. It isnt good... but it's translated bad.. Now that I realized serenes have a script... maybe I should chekc it out.

TRS translation is also ... one of the few early translated project. It seems pretty good.. at least when I played it a few years back. 

The new TRS translation is way better. 

Also welcome Nazarre! I remember fighting you in the Arena :P:

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

The new TRS translation is way better. 

Also welcome Nazarre! I remember fighting you in the Arena :P:

From what I've heard the original TRS translation started out really, really good and then gradually fell off as more and more of the translators couldn't find time for it until the last person left... well, reportedly English was not his 3rd language.

Anyways, welcome to the forums, Nazarre! And don't feel ashamed about the wall of text-- my intro topic was even more rambly.