Common names FE has not used yet

Corrobin

You know, it is a bit odd that we haven't seen more European names that aren't English, considering Fire Emblem is often about fantasy anime Europe and not just England. I feel like we should be seeing a few more German, French and Italian names in particular.

16 hours ago, Baldrick said:

Could that name be any more obscure?

Aaay!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Thane said:

You know, it is a bit odd that we haven't seen more European names that aren't English, considering Fire Emblem is often about fantasy anime Europe and not just England. I feel like we should be seeing a few more German, French and Italian names in particular.

Now I want my next christmas knight duo to be Mario and Luigi.

7 hours ago, Thane said:

In that case, I want an Emilie.

Also, what about the Irish Natasja or Clodagh? I did know a Clodagh, and no one gave an attempt at pronouncing her name. Got downright predictable.

I'm also interested in a Niamh. That one, I vaguely recognise as being already there, but I can't place the FE.

More than a few Irish names haven't been in (I'm certain mine for instance isn't) especially if you look at female names, much as Brigged and Aideen are there already.

Saorise, Caoimhe, Maeve (discounting TRS), Áine, Colleen, Deirbhile, Aibheann, Roisín, Aisling, Una, Donnacha (or Donncadh), Tadgh, Senan or Darragh, to give a baker's dozen. (Of course, I'm discounting the common names that have their basis in the Bible/Torah, as a lot of common names have their basis in that)

Oddly enough, something like Naoise or Chulainn are both in FE4.

And for some others: Orla, Joseph (That one surprises me), Austin, Tracey or Martin.

Also, Michael is a boss in Gaiden, and they haven't bothered using it since. Get Mike hype for SoV?

I'll just go through a list of names starting with mine:

Jeremiah

Jose

Alexandra

Emma

Racheal/Rachel

Jess/Jessica

Maddie/Madelyn

Brianna

Colin

Adam

Bryan

Ben/Benjamin

Devon

Alyssa

Amber

Isabella

Lanna

Melinda

Danny

Austin

Jaden

Genesis

William

Kayla

Alexa/Alexis

Eli/Elijah

April

6 hours ago, Psionicstorms said:

Madelyn

Lyndis's dead mom

Lanna

There's a Lana in FE4.

Genesis

Is this even a name?  There's a chapter called Genesis in FE7 though.

20 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Is this even a name?

Yes it's a name, that's why they said it :V

But yeah, it can be

EDIT: On the flip side, it's not quite a common name in this, the thread about common names

There's no Sam/Samuel, Tony, Patrick, Neal, or Lyle. And of course, no John/Jane Doe

Edited by Soledai

This isn't quite the topic for this, but I read the entirety of Thomas Mallory's Le Morte d'Arthur, and I saw a couple names in it that FE hasn't used from Arthurian lore, but could be quite awesome. (By the way, do not read Le Morte d'Arthur. It is long, very very dry, and even incomplete with regards to the Tristan story. Hard to be believe at many times that Arthurian legend could inspire so much fantasy with the repetitive and disconnected tales within this particular work. Pelleas was good though.)

Aggravain, Gaheris, Galahad, Lamorak, Palomides, Lucan, Dinadan.

I'll add more later.

2 hours ago, Soledai said:

Yes it's a name, that's why they said it :V

But yeah, it can be

EDIT: On the flip side, it's not quite a common name in this, the thread about common names

There's no Sam/Samuel, Tony, Patrick, Neal, or Lyle. And of course, no John/Jane Doe

Samuel is the English name of Samto, a character from MotE.

11 minutes ago, Soledai said:

They changed that to Samuel?

Lol. Must be a Heroes thing, since I have literally zero recollection of this.

Well, for the games that were never localised, we have the Choose Your Heroes thing giving us English names for the characters.

• 1 month later...