Common names FE has not used yet

Corrobin

57 minutes ago, unique said:

idk if you're from another country or something where it's common but i've never seen a single person named alisha

like, not even just that i've never met one, i don't think i've ever seen anyone have that name before, even in fiction

Cough. That's my name....and I know lots of other Alishas (the name is most commonly spelled Alicia, though). I live in the United States, by the way.

Richard

Rickard, the ambiguously aged thief from Shadow Dragon. That's close enough, right?

Edited by Extrasolar

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Darrman said:

klein.png

He's from FE6; the prepromote sniper who joins in the midgame.

Joshua.png

He's from FE8; a myrmidon who joins you early enough.

Pretend I didn't put his name on the list --FE8 player 

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:16 AM, Glaceon Mage said:

The rest that I'm aware of were covered, but this is FE10!Aran's JPN name.

Surely only the English localisation matters in a case like this, in which case Brad(ley) hasn't been used.

Assuming English localisations only: Kevin, Dermot and Andrew are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

1 hour ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Surely only the English localisation matters in a case like this, in which case Brad(ley) hasn't been used.

Assuming English localisations only: Kevin, Dermot and Andrew are the ones that immediately come to mind.

Then

Celice

Delmud

Levin 

Gandolf

Fury

Holin

Edited by hanhnn

Kellam. Shame that one hasn't been used... xD

More seriously:

Adam - I don't recall seeing this incredibly common name.

David - Already mentioned but I know a tonne of them.

Christine - It's a more common variant of my name. I know FE12 has Kris, but since that could encompass Christian, Christopher, Christina, Kristy and Christine, I think they can all be their own separate names (hey, the game has a Jorge and a Jeorge, and a Wrys and a Rhys - why not?).

James - one of my favourite names, although apparently the Spanish Innes is called James.

Elaine

Josy/Joanne/Joanna/Josephine

There's probably lots more... And yet names like 'Erk' make it in... xD

I do still wonder why they localised Kevin to Kieran. Both are pretty common names. Of course, I can only see him as Kieran now.

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

I do still wonder why they localised Kevin to Kieran. Both are pretty common names. Of course, I can only see him as Kieran now.

Kieran is a common name to you? How many Kierans do you know? :blink:

I'm pretty sure they changed it to fantasy-ify it up, like they usually do with most of the more common names that FE characters have.

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

I'm pretty sure they changed it to fantasy-ify it up, like they usually do with most of the more common names that FE characters have.

A fair few round here. My late cousin, too. I wouldn't say it's as common as David and James, but it's not uncommon, either. If I know several, then I count it as common, personally ^.^

1 hour ago, Extrasolar said:

I've known of two, if I remember right.

If it counts for anything.

I've known one little boy named Kieran, who was a friend of my younger brother a long time ago. But that's the only time I ever heard the name in real life.

Anyway, I don't think my name has been used, and I'm pretty sure it's super common. Kelly. There's also a ton of ways you can spell it. Kelly, Kelli, Kelley, Kellie, etc. I personally prefer Kelli. Wish my mom had spelled it that way. I should get it legally changed to Kelli.

Also, some names I've used for my characters. I found later that a few of them were used in past FE games (like Alec and Natalie), but I'm sure some of them haven't:

Bryan

Skye/Skyler

Marc

Leona

William

Jade

Zane

Jett

Lauren

Lisa

Lily

Belinda

Eric

Dante

I could name more, but I'm not sure they're actually common names. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Wow, I didn't expect to ever hear about anyone named Kieran in the modern day... The more you know, I guess, haha.

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Zane

Xane, that super adorable shapeshifting guy from Shadow Dragon

Marc

Mark, the tactician from Blazing Blade. Also Morgan's Japanese name, iirc.

Lisa

Lissa, from Awakening. That's close enough to count, right?

Edited by Extrasolar

2 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Xane, that super adorable shapeshifting guy from Shadow Dragon

Mark, the tactician from Blazing Blade. Also Morgan's Japanese name, iirc.

Lissa, from Awakening. That's close enough to count, right?

Same name for the first two, but I'm okay with different spellings in a different game. And Lissa is pronounced differently from Lisa so they are not the same name and it doesn't count.

Edited by Anacybele

@Extrasolar Kieran is definitely more common in the UK, where Cute Chao's profile locates them! And it's more common there than many of the names mentioned in this thread (hard to find say, a Bradley in the UK).

Lisa originates from Elisabeth/Elizabeth, so Elise would be another form. 

I've been trying to think of common names and it's hard not to find at least related names! None of my family's precise names are in FE, but most of them are if you count all the different variations. The only two that aren't have already been mentioned in this thread (some variation of Alex/Nicholas is missing). - nope, there's Alec and Nichol.

On 3/20/2017 at 8:26 PM, hanhnn said:

And William too

Wil. 

Edited by Res

1 hour ago, Metis said:

Dennis

Patricia

Alvin

Cid 

Gerald

Harry 

Garfield 

Toby

Andrew 

A derivative, Denning from FE7. "This is a message from Lord Nergal.'I await you on the Dread Isle'."

No Cid's that I know of, unless you consider Ced from FE4 Gen 2 a derivative.

I could've sworn Toby was used somewhere. I can't remember...

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

34 minutes ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

I could've sworn Toby was used somewhere. I can't remember...

Maybe Tobin?

Also, Alvin -> Alvis could be argued as well.

But both are stretches.