Esco's Art Gallery

escotanner

So since I love to draw, I thought I'd try my hand at computer art. I know it's not that great so I want constructive feedback to help me improve on this. Also, I'm using Microsoft Paint so if anyone can recomment any programs (that are free) that could help me out, I'd appreciate it. Thank you for your time.

KHlTtLW.png

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

Paint.net for simple stuff and Gimp for a free photoshop alternative is what I'd recommend.

Thanks so much for the suggestions.

11 hours ago, escotanner said:

Thanks so much for the suggestions.

Welcome! 

And although it would take awhile, you can draw on paper, scan it in, and use the layers feature in either of those programs to trace over it and then delete the bottom layer. It looks like you're more used to drawing on paper, like me.

2 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Welcome! 

And although it would take awhile, you can draw on paper, scan it in, and use the layers feature in either of those programs to trace over it and then delete the bottom layer. It looks like you're more used to drawing on paper, like me.

Yeah I am, but unfortunately I don't have a scanner. Hopefully I will one day.

Hey, if you want to take a photo of your lineart or scan your stuff to digitally color it, make sure you clean it up! There are good tutorials on how to do these and this might be of help: https://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/quick-tip-clean-up-your-traditional-drawings-in-photoshop--cms-23591

I have used scanned traditional lineart before converting to digital with my tablet so hope this helps

5 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

Welcome! 

Yeah I am.

1 hour ago, kynimdraws said:

Hey, if you want to take a photo of your lineart or scan your stuff to digitally color it, make sure you clean it up! There are good tutorials on how to do these and this might be of help: https://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/quick-tip-clean-up-your-traditional-drawings-in-photoshop--cms-23591

I have used scanned traditional lineart before converting to digital with my tablet so hope this helps

Thank you so much!

• 6 months later...

Man it's been several months since I've checked on this thing. Anyway, here's my first real digital art I used on Clip Studio Paint so any tips and tricks will be great.

Me.jpg

• 2 months later...

Here's one that should be a little better. I've been practicing a lot lately, but I feel like I'm having trouble making my characters look life-like, but hopefully I'll get better.

Esco.png

• 1 year later...

I totally forgot I made this lol. Anyway, I've been working on my drawing for the past few years and now I think I've gone past the point of mediocracy. Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Leading the charge, Tyler Tanner.png

Tyler Tanner, Ready to Fight.png