Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest playthrough - Classic Lunatic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gKrm9DSlGA

Video Description

The strategy on this map is pretty simple.  I do not activate the dragon vein and take the center.  In fact, you will notice that I stay back an extra turn.  This is to split up the forces on the right so they are not on top of me before I can finish off the group to the left.  I prefer giving the kills to Jakob and the Avatar as opposed to Gunter.

Jakob – This character will be playable for the rest of the game.  His personal skill is for reducing damage dealt to the avatar and increasing her avoid.  Due to the shuriken’s weapon advantage over magic, his high resistance, and the Tome Breaker skill, Jakob will really dominate magic users.  He also pretty good strength and defense as well as access to the cavalier class, which puts him high above Felicia in terms of usability. 

Jakob is also a good father for Kana since he can pass on some magic growths and the Tome Breaker skill.  The Butler class does not gain much experience for staff uses, so I plan to rely on that as little as possible.  For the most part, Jakob will be the primary support for the avatar until I get Gunter, and then I will switch back to Jakob mostly just for chapter 23 as a Great Knight and the endgame as a Hero. 

Gunter – After this chapter Gunter is not available until chapter 15.  Overall I would say he is the best support for the avatar, and it is mostly because of his personal skill that boosts attack (physical and magic) as well as accuracy.  The Great Knight class give movement strength and defense boosts as well, and Luna goes extremely well with Nohrian Trust.  Gunter’s growths are absolute trash, so he is basically just to be used in defensive stance later in the game.  This makes him an extremely bad father for Kana though, which is why I go with Jakob for that. 

Edited by Greil Mercenaries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8jCV0dotRY&feature=youtu.be

Video Description

Many people prefer to go around the back side on this map using the dragon vein, but I prefer to just bust right through the fortifications at the end of the bridge.  This is possible by taking advantage of Gunter’s support bonuses on both Jakob and the avatar on the same turn to take out the myrmidon.  Then with the boosted defense and Jakob’s Gentilhomme skill she can really tank the archer hits. 

The boss is fairly easy, but he has a lot of avoid and his shuriken weapon de-buffs my units’ stats.  Gunter helps Aether a lot as he boosts attack/defense and even her accuracy.  Fighting bosses on defender phase at first and then finishing them off on player phase is usually the safest way to do it in Fire Emblem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSPs4ZynqK4

Video Description

So I get my first goddess icon here and use it right away on Aether.  My goal is to get to Sakura as quick as I can so that she will survive to heal my units.  I do not activate the dragon vein to take out the faceless in the center, as the rough terrain in this case is very much in my favor.

Rinkah – She is a Birthright exclusive character, so she will be unavailable after the next chapter.

Kaze – This man is totally the MVP of this map and the next.  He is pretty squishy and doesn’t have the greatest strength stat, which makes Rinkah a very good pair up for him.  His range also prevents him from receiving many counter attacks, especially when I take out the final four faceless in the center.

Kaze will become permanently recruitable after chapter 11.  As a ninja, he is a highly unique and useful character in the Conquest route.  I plan to pair him up with Peri, as she can provide him additional strength and defense as a support, and I think Peri is a pretty good mother for Midori.  I really just plan on using Midori to farm for more gold without doing any actual extra grinding or DLC usage.  If you don’t understand that, I will explain it more at another point.

The promoted class I plan on making Kaze is a Mechanist as opposed to a Master Ninja.  This is to help with his strength and defense issues a little, give him one extra move, and because replicate is one damn great skill if you ask me.  I should be able to get him the Spy shuriken at the end of chapter 26, which will make him my only unit with more than two range.  However, this will only be relevant for the Endgame.

This isn’t exactly my favorite chapter in the world, so I’ll end the discussion here.

Erm, any reason why you're making separate threads for each video? Maybe you should ask for the help of a mod and merge your threads into one...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qc4C9Mbj5c&t=5s

Video Description

Yet again Kaze is the MVP of the chapter.  His resistance and ability to double everyone is crucial for this chapter.   On another note, I gain two new characters:

Sakura – She is only playable in this chapter in the Conquest route, but she is useful with the ranged healing as well as her personal skill. 

Azura - is easily one of the most useful units in the game with her sing ability.  I am able to grind her to level 10 so that she will have the inspiring song skill when I can use her again starting in chapter 9.  Most of that was edited out for you. 

Inspiring song is an extremely useful skill to say the least.  The additional speed and accuracy it provides will be utilized countless times throughout the playthrough.  And of course, it allows any unit to move a second time in one turn.  Her personal skill can be kind of useful at times as it heals a number of characters without use of a staff, even if it is only 10%.  Azura will marry Leo mostly just so that Shigure can make a good Strategist.  Shigure is definitely best as a support unit and rally resistance with rally speed will be a great combo for Xander and everyone else really.

The key moment in this chapter is definitely when Kaze tanks all of those magic hits at about 5:38.  He is able to do this due to his high resistance, Sakura’s personal skill that lowers damages, and the dual guard.

• eclipse changed the title to Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest playthrough - Classic Lunatic