Character redesigns

Which characters are you most excited to see redesigned?
Personally, I'm really excited to see Python, Forsyth, Clair, and Atlas the most. 

Are there character designs you really want to stay the same or be changed entirely?
I don't really care for Deen's original design, so I look forward to see what Hidari does with him. The hair sticking straight up always looked weird to me lol

I want to see Sonya's mainly, also curious how she'll handle The Whitewings and also Zeke, so.

Edited by Sophie

I'm excited to see all of the characters in Hidari's artstyle. Mostly, I want to see how she handles Sonya since it'd be neat to see her design heavily inspired by a witch design given her starting class as an enemy. That and I'd love to see how Hidari interprets the Whitewing sisters even though we've seen the three before.

I want to see if Luthier's hair is as gorgeous as it was in Gaiden.

I'm very curious to see Hidari's take on the pegasus knights. Also, while the female characters we've seen so far are cute and all, I'd love to see a lady wearing more armor. Maybe Mathilda could end up looking like that? In any case, she looks quite pretty in her Gaiden artwork and portrait, so I wouldn't mind if she wasn't heavily redesigned for SoV.

I also wonder if any of the cavaliers, pegasus knights, etc. characters will have their mounts in their official artwork by Hidari or not.

I'm most interested in Tatiana. She was intended to look like a Nyna, so I wonder if they'll redesign her with blonde hair or keep it green. Also wondering what her Saint/Priestess garb would look like and how it compares to Genny and Silque.

I'm curious about Clair since she's another character with an inconsistent character design, and I'm curious about Tatiana since she's supposed to look like Nyna

I kinda hope Delthea stays mostly the same since I love her hair ((but I also hope she and Sonya get to keep the witch class)

Clair looks like she's going to have blonde hair or at least lighter hair like her brother now.

Two peg knights in the below image, one is Faye but they both have light hair.

modal_slide3_img1.jpg

Forsyth also looked like he was going to be redesigned to have green hair from the PAX East videos of his sprite.

Edited by Tryhard

14 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

Clair looks like she's going to have blonde hair or at least lighter hair like her brother now.

Two peg knights in the below image, one is Faye but they both have light hair.

modal_slide3_img1.jpg

Forsyth also looked like he was going to be redesigned to have green hair from the PAX East videos of his sprite.

Yeah, I saw that. Makes sense since her and Clive are siblings. As for Forsyth, I guess they might be going for the Abel and Cain archtype with him and Lukas. I kinda liked the purple hair though.

They also showed Pythons sprite in the PAX East videos too I think, and he's keeping the blue hair, which I like.

Edited by Kaminari

I'm hoping that Hidari keeps Delthea's ginger hair in her updated artwork and I am particularly interested in seeing Mathilda, Forsyth, Python, as well as everybody else! I absolutely love her aesthetic she brings with the characters, and can't wait to see if there will be any more new units too!

Edited by Hoshidokoala

I'm interested to see what Hidari does with the one-off bosses that have the same portrait or are just palette swaps. Masamune Shirow didn't do that good a job differentiating them for Shadow Dragon (in my opinion).

i too am waiting to see sonya, she was my favorite, also her sisters. im curious if sonya will have the witch class or not, seeing as lore wise she really was a witch and only turned mage cause of engine limitatons