Thinking of picking Brawl back up

Junkhead

Brawl has a lot of nostalgic factor to me, I'll admit. But I honestly meant what I once said, that I do think it's a great game, even in it's flaws. It's the single most unbalanced game in the series, I'll give you that. It's very hard to play well competetively, which is part of the reason it drove many people away (or worse, to contribute to shitty pocket MKs). 

Something that I always felt about the game, is that it feels you could do a lot with plenty of creativity. Not many were willing to go that extra mile, but it was there. Smash 4 spoiled people into getting used to the "garantees", the confirms and the whatnot. In Brawl, it took a lot of brain make a ton off of your conversions. As a Yoshi main, Zudenka really did that for us, even if he never went out into the ocean to compete.

I'm pretty inspired. This isn't really a "oh im taking this into my hands to build this thing back up", but more of a dilemma of going back to your roots. I know for a fact, this is where I started in the competitive scene and my best few years of a community to which I genuinely wanted to be part of. 

stuff

Edited by Soul~!

If you want to, of course you can. I don't feel any attachment to brawl myself even though I used to play it for hours every day for a long time. I'd advise that you play about anything else since Brawl is pretty dead, and it's Brawl.

The Yoshi match was a bit entertaining.

On 3/19/2017 at 1:21 AM, Soul~! said:

confirms

All about how you get there... A certain fat penguin would also like to make an entrance.

I have at least 5 friends who still like (including one of which prefers it, who actually happens to be the best here). Finding people isn't an issue, and neither is actually enjoying a game for what it is, as opposed to doing so at the expense of what others think.

I actually like Brawl a lot too, more than Smash 4 in fact, both competitively and casually. I'm actually a bit jealous that you know that many people who enjoy Brawl a lot too :P

I'm probably the only person at the local that I sometimes go to who likes brawl at all

Not gonna lie, Brawl would've been a much healthier game competitively if they just banned MK, of course banning things is an extremely controversial thing to do, but I think it fits all the criteria of what deserves a ban. MK was 100% game breaking, heck, the whole tier list was heavily based on how well they played vs him. Brawl will never be what it could've been, but it could be less dead if given some attention

• 1 month later...
On 2017-3-28 at 5:02 PM, Ki11erpenguin said:

Not gonna lie, Brawl would've been a much healthier game competitively if they just banned MK, of course banning things is an extremely controversial thing to do, but I think it fits all the criteria of what deserves a ban. MK was 100% game breaking, heck, the whole tier list was heavily based on how well they played vs him. Brawl will never be what it could've been, but it could be less dead if given some attention

I'm still skeptical about people complaining about him, to be honest. "Gamebreaking" was far more literal than it actually was on practice. The best players that happened to main MK held a lot of what they did because they're fucking good. MK helped, but it didn't win them the game by itself. And, as always, instead of simply learning how to play against him they decided to contribute to the numbers with their shitty pocket MKs. I never ever played an MK player that ever wanted to make me think it's impossible. Nobody ever stood up to the bluff.

On 2017-3-29 at 0:03 AM, Zera said:

Removing Meta Knight still wouldn't fix chain throws, tripping, or the hitbox of Snake's up-tilt. :mellow:

Removing MK wouldn't take away a certain character(s) that can literally kill you off of one grab. Even if someone like MK (along with like 5 others) have a marginal advantage against them, the whole MU is based around doing 99 things rights and losing your stock when you didn't that one time.