Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

Do you guys think the lunatic map was very easy? I somehow managed to beat it in one go. There wasn't really any strategy involved when Minerva can handle the blue flier and lance user. As well as outscored and ORKO Michalis. I was expecting like an archer on the side or my team spawned in the center.

It's definitely easier than Ursula, I think. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to beat Lunatic with a full 5* team of Lucina, Femui, Julia, and Merric. I had to teach Rally Attack to Julia to reach a damage threshold on Femui, but otherwise it was surprisingly easy. The one issue is taking out those two supporting pegasi before they can Drag your ass into a world of hurt. Michalis himself goes down easy to any mage that can double him.

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I beat Lunatic with Baby Tiki, Nino, Abel, and Olivia.  I sent Abel to kill the top right sword guy with a dance.  He one shot him, and it was pretty easy from there.

I managed Lunatic with the same team/strat, but Eirika instead of Tiki.

5 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

So did someone gather enemy stats? Skills? Etc? I think this would be beneficial for us as we will have a few days to plot our revenge on lunatic.

I took screenshots for both difficulties of all enemies. I'll make a 'Michalis preparation thread!' or something similar when I get back from work (if noone else does it before me atleast xD) where we/people can work together for those who have trouble with it this time.

I finally beat it on Lunatic using Michalis, Tharja, Hinoka and Sharena. Sharena can deal the blue flyer and red cavalier on the top right single handily. I lure Michalis with her sister, and use Tharja to finish him off. Tharja can double attack using Hinoka's plus speed bonus.

Beat it myself on Lunatic, though I can't do an easy breakdown.

I uh, went up the right side with a +attack Merric sitting beside a 3* Olivia. Her attack boost was just enough that he could 1SK the Blue Peg. I then had my Robin (with Triangle Advantage 2 + Reposition) get Merric back and out of range using a combo of Olivia's dance and Robin's Reposition while making sure Robin was in front but not in range of Michalis.

The two red flies then flew south where Roy was waiting. Roy took care of the fliers, Robin tanked the charging red cal, then killed him with Olivia's help. Merric took care of the final blue soldier.

Edited by TheNiddo

1 minute ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I managed Lunatic with the same team/strat, but Eirika instead of Tiki.

Cool, happy if I helped, or grats if you came up with the same team on your own.

Dear lord I've been neglecting my flying units (and really my everything else).

Only managed to beat it due to the sheer absurd tankiness of +10 Lucina [+Spd, -Res] and +10 Nowi [+Atk, -Res].

Went up the right side and had Lucina bait the Drag Back Pegasus Knight. Survives it and Michalis with 8 HP. remaining. Luna kills Michalis. Retreat and let Nowi tank everything else on the map like a champ.

4 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Do you guys think the lunatic map was very easy? I somehow managed to beat it in one go. There wasn't really any strategy involved when Minerva can handle the blue flier and lance user. As well as outscored and ORKO Michalis. I was expecting like an archer on the side or my team spawned in the center.

Fuck. I forgot I had a Minerva that I could have used to destroy the Drag Back Pegasus Knight. That would've made things much easier.

Beat Lunatic with Abel, Adult Tiki, Reinhardt, and Olivia. 

• Tiki got Rally Defense'd by Abel (I gave him Rally Defense in an effort to get rid of a few of my 5 4* Nowis) and tanked a hit from the blue flier, got dragged back, and tanked another hit from Michalis. Used Adult Tiki because she's the tankiest character in my roster (38 def).
  • Reinhardt killed Michalis (obviously Rein isn't the best choice, but I don't have any good red mages), Tiki retreated, and Olivia danced for Abel so he could kill the blue flier. 
  • Red cavalier attacked Abel and died, and the rest of the map just involved picking off the last two stragglers (a red cav that Abel killed easily and a lance fighter who went down to Abel and Reinhardt.

I think this could work with any high def character, high attack mage (preferably red), sword counter, and Olivia. I realize that's a bit of a specific set, but hopefully this is at least a little helpful.

15 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

4*. More than enough to ORKO the lance Pegasus to avoid drag back

Oh my gosh, Narcian is indeed a godsend. Not sure why I didn't try him first. And people laughed at me for training him!

My team was:

4* Narcian level 36 (Lancebreaker is vital for that ORKO).
4* Gordin level 31 (basically anyone who can take out the sword flier in one round)
5* Peri level 40 (literally anyone can substitute Peri. Just needs to be any unit that can take out the red infantry unit in one round to make space.
5* Lucina level 40 (any quick sword unit or tanky sword unit can substitute)

Strategy is pretty simple. Get a based green flier that can bait the blue pegasus, end turn, retreat to the right (have a unit kill the red cavalier), and then up, behind the wall---there's an exact positioning that I can post if people are interested where you can get a bow user (or any one who can ORKO the red pegasus which has +6 speed on enemy combat---I guess M!Robin and Linde are good alternative choices, since they can chip at Michalis after) to be surrounded by a wall to the left. At the bottom, where only Michalis can reach, have your swordie cover your range user, and if you're Lucina, you'll double, if not, no worries, just a sword unit that's tanky enough. Narcian takes out the remaining lance dude. Profit!

It took me a good few tries to work out a good setup to lure and counter the enemies. The blue flyer pulling my Camilla into more enemy's ranges fucked me over a few times. I'd say at least one good bow user is necessary. Also the red cav being able to attack twice above 50% HP fucked one of my attempts.

Hector is not such hot shit on this map.

3 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

Would a 4* M!Robin be a good subsitiute for Linde as I don't have her? My Ninian isn't fully levelled either. 

I would say M!Robin would be.  Linde honestly didn't do too much except be there just in case if Takumi or Lyn couldn't defeat something.

And if your Ninian isn't fully leveled, I would either have Takumi attack the Red Paladin and then have him defeat the Red Paladin when the Paladin attacks just to have her be protected.  I don't know how it would play out exactly, but that's what I would do.

7 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

This might need bumping, but as mentioned the rewards only count if you beat the maps after 15 mins past.

Winning on Lunatic counts as both maps btw.

I think I need to redo Lunatic lol.

Bump.

Anyway, yeah, map was easier than Ursula.

It is tough without strong fliers or archers though. Good thing I had a tank.

The pillars are great for blocking the enemy fliers, haha.

Wow, the envent already started on the hour. Managed lunatic with 4*Subaki , 4* Narcian, 5* Caeda (who I still am convinced is low tier as who knows what... one of the characters where +spd/-hp doesn't help...) and 5* Sanaki with sword breaker. Kill baited the lance flyer with Narcian next turn attacked the sword cavalary with Subaki and put the others out of Michalis' reach. Sanaki can severly damage Michalis and Caeda killed him off. Speed Caeda isn't doubled by the red flier. Subaki, Narcian and Sanaki have easy pickings with the units left.  (But I had to use an orb to get stamina :(:)

Just don't let Michalis trigger his special... anything it hits will die :blink:

So it looks like I will be able to battle lunatic Michaelis one more time before times up. 

Just now, Birdy said:

I took screenshots for both difficulties of all enemies. I'll make a 'Michalis preparation thread!' or something similar when I get back from work (if noone else does it before me atleast xD) where we/people can work together for those who have trouble with it this time.

Good. I'll be writing down each enemy's stats, skills, etc. I'll fire off a PM sometime later today with those stats, since it's 4:40am here.

... Oh. Wait. You screenshotted ALL the enemies? Proves how functional my brain is right now :P

14 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Anyone want to give some pointers? Maybe I'm missing some obvious hidden tactic.

TvuNrWA.png

Stahl uh, not Stahl, your level 40 spear cavalry guy, Abel, can kill the sword cavalry as long as you distract the blue pegasus somehow edit: actually, you could just rush towards the cav, out of the pegasus' range, which should simplify the map a lot with only fliers to deal with. (The spear won't go anywhere in time.)

Camilla, if you unequip her brave axe, should function excellently as a flying tank. (She has nearly Minerva level stats).

Jeorge is nice if you can 1 shot fliers, and that'll leave you with 1 slot left to help Camilla kill Michalis.

Edited by DehNutCase

Takumi and Ninian made this disappointingly easy, even on Lunatic. I beat it on my first try (yet hilariously died on Hard first, underestimating it and forgetting about Drag Back).

First turn I killed the blue Pegasus with Takumi and moved him out of the way with Ninian. On the enemy phase she tanked and doubled the red cav and the rest moved closer. Next turn Takumi finished the cav, Ninian moves behind him and dances so he can also retreat, and Lucina took point against Michalis. Enemy phase Lucina tanks Michalis and hits him hard. Next turn she finishes him, Takumi kills the red pegasus, and then I just healed everyone up with Elise and waited for the spearman to finally get here.

Just now, SHSL Ninja said:

I would say M!Robin would be.  Linde honestly didn't do too much except be there just in case if Takumi or Lyn couldn't defeat something.

And if your Ninian isn't fully leveled, I would either have Takumi attack the Red Paladin and then have him defeat the Red Paladin when the Paladin attacks just to have her be protected.  I don't know how it would play out exactly, but that's what I would do.

Can you remember what you did exactly? I just tried this team for myself and Lyn ended up dying. After killing the lance flier and Ninian tanking the cavalier, I was a bit lost as to what to do next. Hence why I ended up failing.

Not reading the topic, will do later.
Beat Lunatic with... (This is a specific setup, you may want to use more of general strategy.)

Ephraim +DEF, -RES (Swordbreaker 2 & Defiant DEF 1 Added)
Ryoma +SPD, -ATT (Vantage 3 Added, Swap Added)

Erika (Rally DEF Added, "Buff Bot" [+3 ATT, +4 SPD, +4 DEF])
Lissa (Rehabilitate Healer) [Can be swapped out for someone else]

Setup
- Arrange characters in the bottom right in a "T" formation, with the bottom facing left. (From Top to Bottom: Ephraim, Erika, Ryoma. // Lissa is on the left.)
- Super Buff Ephraim (+3 ATT, +4 SPD, +4 DEF). Send him up one tile.
- Move Ryoma to Ephraim's original location.

Enemy 1
- Lance Flier attacks Ephraim. She will drag him back one tile.
- Michalis attacks Ephraim.
- The other three hostiles move out. For me, the Sword Flier went south.

Turn 2
- Move Ephraim back one space.
- Superbuff Ryoma (+3 ATT, +4 SPD, +4 DEF), kill Michalis.
- Heal Ephraim with Lissa.

Enemy 2
- Lance Flier and Sword Cavalier attack Ryoma. Ryoma survives with One HP.
- Other two enemies move out.

Ending
- Mop up the remnants.

Suggestions
- Run Escape Route if trying to Tank. After the initial engagement, Michalis and the Lance Flier will have their specials charge (Blazing Thunder, Iceberg) and will likely kill anyone there.
- If running a "Lance Tank" and going right, try bringing an Axe Flier with Lancebreaker to lure the middle "Lance Flier" and kill her in one round.
- Run a sword user for Michalis (or a good Red / Green Mage) and make sure you can kill him in one round (or at least before he activates Blazing Thunder). He runs Iote's Shield, effective weapons are not good against him.
- The Two Fliers run Hone Fliers & Fortify Fliers.

Edited by Sire
Made stuff more nice

just completed lunatic using 5* Nino and Lilina and 4* Abel and Olivia. Abel was sent to kill the top sword user. Then killed the fliers using the mages and finally Nino took care of the lance infantry.

1 minute ago, sdgj1994 said:

Can you remember what you did exactly? I just tried this team for myself and Lyn ended up dying. After killing the lance flier and Ninian tanking the cavalier, I was a bit lost as to what to do next. Hence why I ended up failing.

I'm a bit of a slow/defensive player so I moved all of the characters to the bottom right.  Then I had Takumi move up to defeat the Blue Flier, then I danced him with Ninian to move him back down.  If your Ninian was able to tank the Red Cavalier, that's good.  My Lyn was able to defeat Michalis without any aid, but if needed maybe have your Robin or someone who can hit Michalis lower his HP so Lyn has an easier/better time dealing with him.  Takumi beat the other flier and then Takumi or Linde, I don't remember which, defeated the Blue Spear Fighter.  I'm 99% sure that's what I did.