Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

12 minutes ago, Kaden said:

@eclipse, here's the unit list: https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/70332-grand-hero-battle-michalis/&do=findComment&comment=4762912.

Thanks for the heads up on the attack needed. The video of the Narcian, Olivia, Sophia, and Subaki strategy had Sophia's attack up at 41 through Olivia's Hone Attack. My Sophia currently has 34 attack with Fenrir, so a base of 25. Maybe I could replace adult Tiki with Sophia; I'd just need to swap out Lightning Breath for Fire Breath+ and she'd be sitting at 41 attack. She's going to get doubled by Michalis, though, but her 36 defense and being type advantage will help her live hopefully as long as Michalis's Blazing Thunder doesn't activate.

Ouch, -Atk Sophia hurts!  If you have a Raigh, anywhere, you can do one of two things:

1. Raise him up to 4* 40.  Assuming he's neutral Atk, he'll have 36 MT, 40 with Olivia.  It will be enough, because Raigh also has Seal Resistance.
2. If you really REALLY like Sophia, have Raigh pass Seal Resistance.  Best done at 4*.

Or, you can find someone with Atk +3, and pass that to Sophia.  Since she's your only listed red caster, good luck!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went into lunatic with Raigh, Abel, Fae, Azura.

Abel went in on the Red cavalier which triggered the other units to move.

Baited blue flier into Fae, baited red flier into Azura...

Raigh with Fury 3 ORKOs Michaelis with a double hit.

The blue lance guy was trying to catch up, but yea... he got KOed in the end.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Ouch, -Atk Sophia hurts!  If you have a Raigh, anywhere, you can do one of two things:

1. Raise him up to 4* 40.  Assuming he's neutral Atk, he'll have 36 MT, 40 with Olivia.  It will be enough, because Raigh also has Seal Resistance.
2. If you really REALLY like Sophia, have Raigh pass Seal Resistance.  Best done at 4*.

Or, you can find someone with Atk +3, and pass that to Sophia.  Since she's your only listed red caster, good luck!

Yeah, I know. It really sucks and I merged the 2 special map Sophia into her. This was before I took into account how stat variations can severely screw up units. Low attack is the worst. It ruined Barst, almost ruined Raven, Sophia, and Subaki for me. Subaki was the only one redeemed by a high attack, low res duplicate of him while Raven being a favorite character was able to stick it out until he got summoned two more times as another 4* with high attack, low res? and as a 5*. All I can do is just sigh and deal with what the game does to me e.g. not having an damn archers other than Virion. By the time I knew it, knowing the Cherche I summoned had low attack made it less disappointing on the fact it happened and not that it was the unit's fault. Still sucks.

I only have one Raigh and it's the one that everyone starts with. I don't know why, but I just don't like him. I don't even care that how good or bad he is. Something about him makes me want to pretend he never existed. Well, if I really need to, then he gets to exist for this GHB. Man, it's going to take a long time to get him from level 1, 2* to a level 40, 4*...

I think the only one with Attack + skills that has a duplicate is Cecilia and I only have one duplicate. Probably not worth it just to for a 4* Michalis and to a crappy Sophia. Man, I wished I had summoned Henry or Tharja. At least I like Henry even if his attack is low.

When it comes to mages, my only luck has been with green mages. Cecilia's fine, Merric and F!Robin are good, and I've used Nino who is good in a previous file before I re-rolled for Selena. Red mages consists of someone who I don't care about and a sickly, slow girl, Sophia, and blue mages are Odin who exists and Ursula who's decent, but really frail against physical units. Magic has either been using dragons as ghetto mages, especially Tiki who can counter ranged attacks with Lightning Breath or not using magic and brute forcing everything.

I feel like I might be forced into using Tiki again for magic. It was annoying enough to not have a blue mage or even a decent non-green mage for 9-5 on normal to combat Xander. I wonder if Sophia can weaken Michalis enough that Tiki could finish him. Maybe. That would cost a slot that Ninian or Olivia would fill. I'd only have 1 slot left with this strategy and that has to go to Catria, Sharena, or Subaki.

Edited by Kaden

So I tried the Hard one (units aren't high enough level to do Lunatic yet) blind with Azura, Minerva, Lilina and Sharena and I gotta say, having Azura and Minerva on the same team made the fight an absolute joke.

-Blue flier got baited into Minerva.
-Red Cavalier got baited into Azura
-Minerva beat Michalis, danced for, and moved.
-Red Flier got baited into Azura
-Minerva ate the Blue Fighter alive

gg, no re

Edited by The Blind Idiot God

I completed Hard with Nino, Eirika, Minerva, and Catria. Minerva to bait and OHKO Blue Lance peg, Catria to handle the Reds, Nino to ORKO Michalis and Foot Lancer, with Eirika as buffer/ backup red.

Wasn't able to do the same thing in Lunatic because Minerva was one damage off from OHKO blue lance peg. Had to replace her with Narcian, but was able to do basically the same strat over again, except that Catria couldn't ORKO the Reds so Eirika was needed to wall of the enemy reds.

Well. I'm honored.

The guy who does the 3 star playthroughs follows me on Twitter now.

So, if you guys ever want to ask them crap, I can help you.

Edited by shadowofchaos

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

I feel like I might be forced into using Tiki again for magic. It was annoying enough to not have a blue mage or even a decent non-green mage for 9-5 on normal to combat Xander. I wonder if Sophia can weaken Michalis enough that Tiki could finish him. Maybe. That would cost a slot that Ninian or Olivia would fill. I'd only have 1 slot left with this strategy and that has to go to Catria, Sharena, or Subaki.

Do you have an extra Subaki and Donnel/Matthew/Setsuna lying around? If you can give Tiki Quick Riposte 1 (Subaki) and Reciprocal Aid (the other three), which are pretty good on her anyway, you should be able to handle the map with F!Corrin, Tiki, Olivia, and Frederick. I compromised changed around the skill set on my F!Corrin to put together something of a demo (I think 4* Corrin can do the job, I'll have to look at the numbers). If you don't have spares of those units to sacrifice to Tiki...honestly I'd say just keep the ones you have and look for another solution.

Edit: Ugh...4* neutral Atk F!Corrin is 4 damage short of KO'ing the Sword Cav...a 4* Olivia can eat 1 hit from the Sword Cav & KO on the counterattack, but that messes up the HP swap at the end...going to run numbers on that now.

Edit 2: 4* neutral Def F!Corrin takes 13 dmg from the Lance Fighter with Frederick's buff on her, and she should have 15 HP after her Lance Flier+Sword Cav experience. Neither doubles, so the Draconic Auras won't charge up from the first engagement. Before the 2nd, have Tiki swap HP with her and she should either kill or bring him low on the next engagement (his hit will fully charge both Draconic Auras, but he doesn't get another attack to use his). Frederick can clean up afterward.

So...I think it's possible. You'd need to train Olivia for this particular strategy though. Just double-checked, unfortunately neutral Atk Tiki needs an Atk buff to ORKO Michalis (literally 1 effective Atk short), so Ninian is out...which is a pity, because she'd definitely be the better choice for what you'd be using her for...

Edited by LordFrigid
Fixing numbers.

I beat him with Tsubaki, Narcian, Sanaki, and Olivia on lunatic. Needed two tries to do it, but that was because the first time I was an idiot and did some incorrect positioning that got Sanaki KO'd.

Edited by Sunwoo

I just somehow cleared Lunatic Michalis! With Narcian (4-Star Level 34, here to beat Blues and nothing else), Roy (5-Star Level 40, with Threaten ATK 3 because I threw that on him one day, here to beat Michalis and maybe be able to take a hit from one of the Reds if I needed him to), Catria (5-Star Level 40, because I needed a Blue and didn't feel comfortable using Ninian to tank the Sword Cavalier), and Jeorge (4-Star Level 40, here to just do general support, didn't actually do all that much).

Spoiler

I wish I could upload pictures, but here's a phase-by-phase of what happened:

Player Phase & Enemy Phase 1/2: General positioning. Michalis and company just sit there.

PP 3: Narcian moves into position to bait the Lance Pegasus, Roy sits behind him, Catria and Jeorge hole up in the right corner.

EP 3: Lance Pegasus tries to kill Narcian, fails, gets barely doubled to death (Lancebreaker is beautiful, but seriously Narcian did 1 HP more damage than Lance Pegasus had HP). Michalis and company advance.

PP 4: Narcian gets the fuck out of there, because everyone in the area can one-shot him. Roy remains in place to duel Michalis, Catria gets into position to bait the Sword Cavalier, and Jeorge just sorta sits around next to Roy.

EP 4: Michalis tries to duel Roy, doesn't deal much damage, loses a third of his HP and gets his Defense lowered. Sword Cavalier moves where I want him to, Sword Pegasus lines up with Michalis, Lance Guy walks around the mountain.

PP 5: Catria kills the Sword Cavalier, and I panic because I don't know if I can actually kill Michalis even with the Defense drop and if he lives he'll murder Roy with Blazing Thunder on his turn, but then I solve this by having Jeorge snipe him before finishing with Roy. Narcian cowers in the corner.

EP 5: Sword Pegasus goes after Roy, doesn't accomplish much. Lance Guy continues making his way around the mountain.

PP 6: Catria finishes Sword Pegasus, general repositioning occurs.

EP 6: Lance Guy moves along, right into my trap.

PP 7: Roy runs away because Lance Guy would most likely murder him, Narcian moves into Roy's recently-vacated spot to kill Lance Guy on Enemy Phase, with Jeorge behind him, and Catria gets close in case Narcian somehow can't finish Lance Guy.

EP 7: Lance Guy picks a fight with Narcian. Narcian breaks him.

Stage Clear: I win. Another 4-Star Michalis (I promoted the 3-Star one I got from the early-bird Hard battle, in case I couldn't handle Lunatic) is mine. Yay.

Glad I came back here, because I never would've thought to use Narcian on this map. Thank you all again (pretty sure I was here to steal your strategies for Hard, even if I don't remember posting anything at the time), and I'll definitely be back to steal your strategies for Navarre and future battles. Maybe I'll even be able to contribute something at some point, haha.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

since Brave weapons hit twice, regardless of Bowbreaker.

It's more like what @Ice Dragon said before...

It's not that Brave Weapons automatically make you hit twice. It's making you attack twice per "hit". So Bowbreaker is still technically doing its job.

49 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Well. I'm honored.

Huh, that's pretty impressive. Tell him I said hi and how awesome he is.

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

Do you have an extra Subaki and Donnel/Matthew/Setsuna lying around? If you can give Tiki Quick Riposte 1 (Subaki) and Reciprocal Aid (the other three), which are pretty good on her anyway, you should be able to handle the map with F!Corrin, Tiki, Olivia, and Frederick. I compromised changed around the skill set on my F!Corrin to put together something of a demo (I think 4* Corrin can do the job, I'll have to look at the numbers). If you don't have spares of those units to sacrifice to Tiki...honestly I'd say just keep the ones you have and look for another solution.

Hide contents

I have a low attack, high speed 3* Subaki who is the one that soured my opinions on Subaki until I got the 4* one, so yeah, I'd be happy to get rid of him if it means making my life better. :p

As for the others, I summoned 2 Donnels and still have the 2 special map Donnels. They all frustrate me since he could have been units like Est, Florina, Oboro, Sully, or even Abel, Cordelia, and Hinoka way back then. So, yeah, a lot of spares. I do have 2 Matthews, one starter Matthew I promoted and leveled up as a 3* and a 4* I summoned recently with high defense and low resistance. I'd rather keep the starter one since outside of Felicia, all my thieves have low or lowered resistance because of poor stat variations. And I wish I had a Setsuna; she's the only archer other than Jeorge and kind of Rebecca that I want because I like her and her goofiness.

Anyway, I guess I don't understand how skills work since I thought you needed to be fast enough to double before skills like Quick Riposte, Desperation, and Brash Assault worked. I think I might have misunderstood what Desperation did and applied it to Brash Assault and Quick Riposte. Then again, I should read more carefully since it says that if a unit is attacked at such and such percent, they automatically make a follow-up. Maybe it's just not useful on Subaki since he's pretty fast. For Tiki, I'd need to equip Fire Breath+ to have 41 damage; your Tiki has high attack and low speed. It's fine since that means Bonfire can activate a bit sooner if needed and Tiki can make use of her high defense.

Hmm, your Corrin has high attack and low res. The one I'm currently using is average. I think she would do fine, but Pegasus Knights generally have high resistance, so that might be what's making it seem iffy if she can handle it. Her defense can definitely handle it, but it's if she can do enough damage pass their resistance which is okay, but still shaky. No offense to your strategy.

Also, you have the same Frederick as I do. Same high speed, low resistance and same level too. Had he been a higher level in you demo, your strategy would have went much more smoothly since the only problem after Tiki took out Michalis was the lance infantry being really bulky and Frederick being injured. Olivia wasn't doing much, but dancing and giving needed attack buffs which I guess I could replace her with Ninian to make the process faster since I wouldn't have to level up and promote an Olivia. Patience is a virtue, though, so I should think more carefully.

As Inherit Skill became a thing, I was wondering what I should do and had plans that I wasn't going to put into place like making Selena better which isn't a great idea because I have a ton of other red units and three 3* sword units. The one thing that I felt like I should do was give Sharena a special, but I didn't have a clear idea what and also give Subaki a special and that was to use one of my spare, 3* adult Tiki that were summoned after 4* Tiki and had not as great stat variations in my opinion to give him Bonfire since his natural defense is one of the highest. Subaki's res is meh, so him having low res for high attack seems pretty good and having a special that makes use of his defense? Seems like a good idea to me. That and Subaki's low skill set cost meant that he gained a lot of excess SP. I think I could afford Glowing Ember and Bonfire right now and have some left for Spur Res 1 just because -- Subaki can't use Lightning Breath as cool and stupid as it would be for his pegasus to barf up that and it would fill in an empty slot. That idea and giving Eirika Glacies from a low attack, high HP 4* Fir I pulled a few days ago are the only ones that I'm sure I'd want to do. Nobody else I have really has decent enough resistance to make use of Glacies -- some already have specials to begin with -- and while my Eirika has high defense, low HP, 80% of her 28 res with Glacies vs. 50% of her 30 def with Bonfire -- I don't have a spare Robin -- seems more worth it.

Thanks for the suggestion and a strategy that doesn't involve luring out the lance Peggy from the front, but from the side which made me remember that there's actually a wall, so she can't drag you back. She could, but she'd send herself flying into your troops. Still, she could have done that to force Corrin to be that closer to Michalis.

Edited by Kaden

@Kaden No problem. I ran some numbers afterward to try and account for the different boons & banes...and I think it's still doable with that team, but subbing your units for mine. You'd have to train Olivia though. I'll look over things again and see if there's another way to do it.

22 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

@Kaden No problem. I ran some numbers afterward to try and account for the different boons & banes...and I think it's still doable with that team, but subbing your units for mine. You'd have to train Olivia though. I'll look over things again and see if there's another way to do it.

Really? Does Olivia's Hone Attack matter that much or can I get away with Ninian (and Subaki in place of Corrin)?

What I was thinking was that Subaki does the same thing as Corrin, but could swap with Tiki after she defeats Michalis. This could allow for a no inherit skill run -- inherit skill would be really useful -- since she'd just need to attack again on the next round and Subaki swaps in to face the sword Peggie. Frederick and Ninian do the same thing, but Ninian provides defensive buffs instead to Frederick along with being essential to allowing Subaki to get back like Corrin did after facing the sword cavalier and lance Peggy. It might actually be possible with Gunter in place with Frederick too, but he'd sacrifice Frederick's special for higher normal attacks and higher defense if he initiates combat. Problem is that the Gunter I have has low HP, high attack, so if he takes a significant hit, it's going to matter a lot. Might want to level up Frederick more then as his average defense is supposed to end up as 34, 3 more than Gunter's on average

Edit: Man, this is fun thinking of up of strategies once you have a clear idea of what you can do.

Edit 2: Edit Harder:

So...I think it's possible. You'd need to train Olivia for this particular strategy though. Just double-checked, unfortunately neutral Atk Tiki needs an Atk buff to ORKO Michalis (literally 1 effective Atk short), so Ninian is out...which is a pity, because she'd definitely be the better choice for what you'd be using her for...

Like I mentioned in my post, with a neutral attack Tiki, you could equip Fire Breath+ instead of Lightning Breath or if you have a 5*, then she should be fine. Having Fire Breath+ would also allow Bonfire to charge a bit more quickly than having Lightning Breath. OR, you could give Tiki Dark or Light Breath for whatever reason... Metroid Prime 2: Echoes feat. Tiki? :p

Edited by Kaden

23 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Really? Does Olivia's Hone Attack matter that much or can I get away with Ninian (and Subaki in place of Corrin)?

It's not so much Hone Attack as her survivability. I was being stuck in my ways and, since F!Corrin with avg Atk is literally 4 damage short of ORKO-ing the Sword Cav, to mimic what I suggested she'd have to instead retreat and have Olivia eat a hit. If you've got a way that uses Ninian I'd definitely try that because imo she's more worth the training effort. I was kinda thinking about Subaki replacing Corrin afterward, it should be ok, just keep in mind that after the Lance Flier hits him he won't have enough HP to meet the Quick Riposte requirement on the Sword Cav.

I kinda liked that sacrifice Arthur to turn Cherche into pseudo-Narcian idea from your unit listings post. With Lancebreaker she'll double the flier, and with the Emerald Axe she only needs 26 Def to take 0 damage, and 33 Atk (including weapon) to ORKO...she meets both thresholds. Tiki (Fire Breath+) still handles Narcian Michalis (edit: I promise I remember the name of the boss), and any combination of Ninian, Subaki, and Tiki should be able to handle the swords (just keep Cherche faaar away), and then just have Cherche laugh off the Lance Fighter at the end.

Edit: Wait...I have all of those units. I can try to demo it if you want. I'd be using Narcian though, because it honestly doesn't matter, since they (he & Cherche) both meet similar thresholds.

Edited by LordFrigid

1 hour ago, Kaden said:

Yeah, I know. It really sucks and I merged the 2 special map Sophia into her. This was before I took into account how stat variations can severely screw up units. Low attack is the worst. It ruined Barst, almost ruined Raven, Sophia, and Subaki for me. Subaki was the only one redeemed by a high attack, low res duplicate of him while Raven being a favorite character was able to stick it out until he got summoned two more times as another 4* with high attack, low res? and as a 5*. All I can do is just sigh and deal with what the game does to me e.g. not having an damn archers other than Virion. By the time I knew it, knowing the Cherche I summoned had low attack made it less disappointing on the fact it happened and not that it was the unit's fault. Still sucks.

I only have one Raigh and it's the one that everyone starts with. I don't know why, but I just don't like him. I don't even care that how good or bad he is. Something about him makes me want to pretend he never existed. Well, if I really need to, then he gets to exist for this GHB. Man, it's going to take a long time to get him from level 1, 2* to a level 40, 4*...

I think the only one with Attack + skills that has a duplicate is Cecilia and I only have one duplicate. Probably not worth it just to for a 4* Michalis and to a crappy Sophia. Man, I wished I had summoned Henry or Tharja. At least I like Henry even if his attack is low.

When it comes to mages, my only luck has been with green mages. Cecilia's fine, Merric and F!Robin are good, and I've used Nino who is good in a previous file before I re-rolled for Selena. Red mages consists of someone who I don't care about and a sickly, slow girl, Sophia, and blue mages are Odin who exists and Ursula who's decent, but really frail against physical units. Magic has either been using dragons as ghetto mages, especially Tiki who can counter ranged attacks with Lightning Breath or not using magic and brute forcing everything.

Raigh is a really hard unit to place.  He can hold his own in a fight, and Seal Res makes him perfect if you have a manakete in the wings.  If he can't damage something, he can give someone else a tasty attack boost.  Regardless, I think he's sorely underrated - his kit is surprisingly cohesive, and he's rather stupidly bulky.  But enough fangirling!

Yes, getting Raigh up to speed will be a bit painful.  However, he makes for decent filler should you need a red mage - his natural Atk is on-par with neutral Sophia, and he's a good deal faster than her.  His weapon's MT holds him back, but I wouldn't graft another one onto him unless you pull the world's worst Henry or something.

Now can you pass your luck with green mages?  I've pulled one Nino, and she's -Spd.  Cecilia's somehow worse, and Merric and Julia refuse to show up in my file.

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

Well. I'm honored.

Can you tell him that someone from America says thank you for the videos?

58 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

It's more like what @Ice Dragon said before...

It's not that Brave Weapons automatically make you hit twice. It's making you attack twice per "hit". So Bowbreaker is still technically doing its job.

It's a bit complicated.

The double from Brave weapons has nothing to do with speed, but it can be pretty confusing for those who aren't familiar with the other FE games.  Hence why I put the thing about Braves attacking twice anyway.  Series vets will know this, but I can't guarantee that everyone who reads this has played another FE game.

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

Well. I'm honored.

Tell him I said he's a legend among heroes.

57 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Like I mentioned in my post, with a neutral attack Tiki, you could equip Fire Breath+ instead of Lightning Breath or if you have a 5*, then she should be fine. Having Fire Breath+ would also allow Bonfire to charge a bit more quickly than having Lightning Breath. OR, you could give Tiki Dark or Light Breath for whatever reason... Metroid Prime 2: Echoes feat. Tiki? :p

lol. Yeah, I didn't notice the thing about Fire Breath+ at first. Good catch.

Edit: Cherche (after transformation into pseudo-Narcian), Ninian, Tiki, Subaki should work.

Lack of Sophia means the Sword Cav gets Draconic Aura, but oh well.

Full neutral Narcian (+Res/-Atk Cherche still hits the relevant benchmarks)

+Atk/-Spd Tiki (but you knew that, and there's the Fire Breath+ thing)

+Res/-Spd Ninian (doesn't matter, she doesn't fight)

+Res/-HP Subaki (any Subaki should do the job, really. The only thing he did was nail the Sword Cav...might need him to finish the Sword Flier too, actually, with neutral Atk Tiki)

Edited by LordFrigid

It's not so much Hone Attack as her survivability. I was being stuck in my ways and, since F!Corrin with avg Atk is literally 4 damage short of ORKO-ing the Sword Cav, to mimic what I suggested she'd have to instead retreat and have Olivia eat a hit. If you've got a way that uses Ninian I'd definitely try that because imo she's more worth the training effort. I was kinda thinking about Subaki replacing Corrin afterward, it should be ok, just keep in mind that after the Lance Flier hits him he won't have enough HP to meet the Quick Riposte requirement on the Sword Cav.

I kinda liked that sacrifice Arthur to turn Cherche into pseudo-Narcian idea from your unit listings post. With Lancebreaker she'll double, and with the Emerald Axe she only needs 26 Def to take 0 damage, and 33 Atk (including weapon) to ORKO...she meets both thresholds. Tiki still handles Narcian, and any combination of Ninian, Subaki, and Tiki should be able to handle the swords (just keep Cherche faaar away), and then just have Cherche laugh off the Lance Fighter at the end.

Glancing at their stats, Ninian and Olivia are similar in overall durability, but Ninian would be neutral to the lance Peggy and my Ninian had to go on full support with low attack and high HP. Geez, thanks for reminding me of the days when you couldn't attack. Considering she's the only focus unit I've pulled from the Blazing Sword one, yeah, she's worth it to train. Olivia too since Dance is useful and right now I prefer average units over stat varied units since you know they're average and you're not going to have gamble on if you get a good boon/bane or a bad one. Man, I wished I had considered that before merging the special map Sophia and even Cecilia, Gunter, and Subaki. Still have a special map Cecilia and Gunter, but no Subaki for his Quick Riposte and to somewhat redeem low attack, high speed 3* Subaki.

Anyway, yeah, while Subaki might not be able to meet QR's requirement, your Corrin is a 5*, so her defensive stats are higher than Subaki which becomes the opposite with an average 5* Subaki who is 1 point ahead in both def and res to an average 5* Corrin. That said, with Bonfire, he might be able kill the lance flyer and could possibly tank the sword flyer a couple times too. That eliminates Frederick from having to take too much damage from the lance flyer so he can focus on the lance infantry... Did I just make Subaki a MVP again?

I do like making Cherche better, especially since she's one of my favorite characters, and I do like another approach to this map. Problem is that I'd like to get all of the Lancebreaker skills just because I can, but that means promoting, wasting 20k feathers, and sacking an Arthur. Other problem is when and if I even get a Cherche who doesn't have low attack. Even though low attack Cherche is still powerful, it would be nice to have the monster that a regular Cherche would be. If Narcian was ever made available again as a GHB perhaps with a revamped difficulty, then cool, easier and "less" costly way to get Lancebreaker and a chance to get a pretty good unit -- only other axe unit with an Emerald Axe and Lancebreaker.

Anyway, thanks again. Now I have 3 strategies I could try out.

47 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

lol. Yeah, I didn't notice the thing about Fire Breath+ at first. Good catch.

The moment @eclipse mentioned that I needed 41 attack and I checked to see Tiki's attack, I knew that there would be a simple solution: downgrading weapons. I've done this with Barst, Cain, and Raven since as Brave weapon users, their speed and attack tanks which sucks when they're starting out and don't have to stats to compensate. Barst kind of got out of it that he could use a Brave Axe -- low attack bane sucks --, the first Raven I summoned had high speed that he started out with 5 with a Brave Axe and third, 5* Raven didn't have an attack penalty with Brave Axe+, so I just kept it, but Cain I felt forced to use his Brave Sword around level 10 since he wasn't doing enough damage even against some green units. Then again, he had to have low def, high res to even out his overall defense and a 4* Eliwood with high attack, low res was summoned alongside him. Rough times for Cain. Fun times with Cain since his play style is so aggressive.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Raigh is a really hard unit to place.  He can hold his own in a fight, and Seal Res makes him perfect if you have a manakete in the wings.  If he can't damage something, he can give someone else a tasty attack boost.  Regardless, I think he's sorely underrated - his kit is surprisingly cohesive, and he's rather stupidly bulky.  But enough fangirling!

Yes, getting Raigh up to speed will be a bit painful.  However, he makes for decent filler should you need a red mage - his natural Atk is on-par with neutral Sophia, and he's a good deal faster than her.  His weapon's MT holds him back, but I wouldn't graft another one onto him unless you pull the world's worst Henry or something.

Now can you pass your luck with green mages?  I've pulled one Nino, and she's -Spd.  Cecilia's somehow worse, and Merric and Julia refuse to show up in my file.

Yeah, Raigh as a unit look good -- stats, skills, whatever. I don't know, I just don't like him for some reason and it's irrational. I don't think this I have this problem with any of the units unless they annoy me in some way like showing up all crappy like Subaki or Takumi because... Takumi. The weird thing is that I see Vergil from Devil May Cry in him. One of Raigh's castle quotes is about not having power to protect anything let alone yourself. Sad reference to his mom. Incidentally, Vergil says the same thing and it's also because he didn't have power to protect his family. I didn't know whether I should be feel better about him or dislike him more because he's a wannabe Vergil in my eyes. I should give him a try, but now is not the time when I'm still frustrated about this map.

As for my luck with green units...

Spoiler

I think Merric was the second green mage I summoned on this file. This is with a 5* Hawkeye and 4* Barst showing up alongside him. The first summon on the many re-rolls I settled had a 4* Bartre and Raven -- first time I even summoned a Raven -- and I think 3* Cecilia and 4* Lissa. Settled with that since Selena showed up as a 4* and I didn't want to roll again to try and get her. After that, I quickly accumulated green units to the detriment of my blue units. There was a time when my only options for blues units were Jagen, Gwendolyn, Sharena, and Subaki. Jagen can do damage against mages, but that's it, Gwendolyn's fine, but at a certain point stopped doing any damage, Sharena is good, but starts taking a lot of damage even against red units, and Subaki had to show up with low attack, high speed. Those options lasted for 3+ summons before orbs became quite abundant and I'd couldn't stand having only 4 blues. Shanna was the turning point and in my soured opinion on Subaki, I ignored the 4* one who has become one of my best units. Then Catria, Effie, Sully, and Oboro were summoned. Odin too, but I don't speak of the sin that is him. Why is his attack so freaking low? Even with bonuses from buffs, it's still crappy. Now, if only I could get a non-Virion archer.

Here's the thing, all of those 5* units I've summoned? Only Effie, Eldigan and Ninian were summoned during their focus. Eirika, Hawkeye, Lucina, and Raven were all summoned because they felt like showing up. Great units, but I did not need Lucina when I had almost no decent blues or another, faster red mage unlike Sophia and it was not necessary for 5* Raven to show up at the same time as a 4* Raven. Great skills, but come on, man! That's 3 of a unit that can only be summoned as a 4* to 5*. Where the hell is my Hector? Where are my archers? Hawkeye is the only one that I give a pass since he showed up early before I got invaded with so many green units. I should stop complaining since others would love to have these units and I'm just ranting about how I don't want them.

My luck is to get things that I do not need. If you want it, then sure, have fun getting rare stuff you do not need. Specific luck with greens? Not sure about that. You're in a similar situation as the one friend that has the high speed, low def Oboro. I wanted the blue units getting summoned and he wanted my green units. I think it got better for him.

Edited by Kaden

Spoiler

Do I even stand a chance? I've tried several teams, and I'm getting nowhere but dead (for lunatic. hard was easy lol).

Assume anyone is or can be leveled enough to be useful?

20170325_004035.png

20170325_004052.png

@Nyaoista Are all your 5*s 40? What is Raigh's level, and boon/bane? You have some pretty good units for this map, but none of them scream MICHALIS SLAYER.

6 minutes ago, Nyaoista said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Do I even stand a chance? I've tried several teams, and I'm getting nowhere but dead (for lunatic. hard was easy lol).

Assume anyone is or can be leveled enough to be useful?

20170325_004035.png

20170325_004052.png

I personally think your best team for the map would be Minerva, Ephraim, mage of your choice between Nino/Tharja (probably Nino or Tharja, but I would need to know their boon/bane), and a unit of choice to buff Nino/Tharja (or bring both if you think you can get Michalis into the range of both of them). Ideally the 4th unit would be a dancer, like Olivia, but I don't see one on the images you posted.

Minerva is great for baiting and killing the lance peg at the beginning.

Ephraim should take care of the sword cavalier on the right and then the sword peg.

The mage(s) kills Michalis. 

EDIT: If you give me boons/banes of the units I listed, I could give you more exact calculations. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

19 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I've been away due to life (I prefer to sleep at night) and already I'm chosen as a second. Woah.

Ten pages in ten hours? Munchin' manaketes. Did anybody win?

Not just yet! TheTuckingFypo has to train up her units and then she'll attempt to do lunatic with Takumi + Selena, Olivia + Selena, and Olivia + Tharja. Obviously I recommended Takumi.

#PineapplesInTheCut #GetCloseCountered #TacoMeat

I stumbled upon this thread by chance but if anyone's curious--it's definitely possible to beat the lunatic version of this map without any dancers, cavalry/flying units, or Takumi. Also I apologize in advance if this has already been stated! Anyhow, the reason I didn't use any of the aforementioned units was because I didn't have any (I sent all of my non-5* units home weeks ago in a cleaning spree--one that I regret now--but that is a different story).
I used a +spd -def Lucina, +def -res Marth--who was the MVP actually, Sharena, and +res -def Julia and made it through.

Just thought I'd share my experience to anyone else who's struggling because they lack the right units!

feh.png