Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

Just now, Arcanite said:

Not just yet! TheTuckingFypo has to train up her units and then she'll attempt to do lunatic with Takumi + Selena, Olivia + Selena, and Olivia + Tharja. Obviously I recommended Takumi.

#PineapplesInTheCut #GetCloseCountered #TacoMeat

Down with the pineapples I say!

s8rXK7T.png

OPLeoF5.png

DAcN4Fc.png

JLDXYYS.png

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Down with the pineapples I say!

Reveal hidden contents

s8rXK7T.png

OPLeoF5.png

DAcN4Fc.png

JLDXYYS.png

Quite a few pictures there . . . .

How long have you been waiting to use those?

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Can you imagine if Falchions were effective against wyverns like in the actual games. 

EDIT: I see @Vaximillian is a man of good taste. I've always enjoyed roasted pineapples :P

I was thinking about this a few days ago. All wyverns are ax users anyway so it would be a little overkill in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I was thinking about this a few days ago. All wyverns are ax users anyway so it would be a little overkill in my opinion.

I originally thought so too until I played Michalis' GHB.

(Selena doing 7 x 2 damage to Mike even with Triangle Adept, geez)

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Quite a few pictures there . . . .

How long have you been waiting to use those?

I would've had even more if I didn't forget to take one every time Lilina roasts a pineapple.

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

(Selena doing 7 x 2 damage to Mike even with Triangle Adept, geez)

Mike is positively ripped. The man doesn't even need to wear armour to be rock hard.

Edited by Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Mike is positively ripped. The man doesn't even need to wear armour to be rock hard.

A friend of mine saw Mike in the shower once, and he said Mike had an 8-pack, that Mike was shredded.

Bonus points if you get the reference 

@Iris They are not all 40 - Nino is 28, and I just got Lucius, so he's 1.

@MaskedAmpharos I have an Olivia, but she's only 2*.

I'm not sure how to check bane/boon?  I pulled up the base stats thread, but I'm not sure if I'm reading it wrong (it's been an omg long day) because I'm a little confused trying to match up the stats? For example, my 4* Raigh has 16 HP, 14 Attack, 8 Speed, 4 Defense, and 5 Resistance...and something just seems really wrong about that.

As for my Tharja, she's been merged since before I knew this bane/boon thing was a thing, so I don't know if I can check at this point, and Nino is level 28, so I'm not sure if there's any way for me to check her either? ^^;

25 minutes ago, Nyaoista said:

I'm not sure how to check bane/boon?  I pulled up the base stats thread, but I'm not sure if I'm reading it wrong (it's been an omg long day) because I'm a little confused trying to match up the stats? For example, my 4* Raigh has 16 HP, 14 Attack, 8 Speed, 4 Defense, and 5 Resistance...and something just seems really wrong about that.

Your Raigh is +Spd, −Res. His base neutral Atk is 8, which coupled with 6 Mt of his Rauðrwolf tome gives him 14 Atk displayed.

You can use the FEH Wiki calculator, it appears mostly accurate. Just don't forget to subtract weapon Mt and passive skills contribution when applicable.

You can see Nino's base stats for her next rarity if you go to the Unlock Potential dialogue. The same for Tharja unless she's already 5⋆, as merge bonuses are lost on promotion.

Edited by Vaximillian

@Vaximillian Thank you!  I didn't realize that the weapon Mt was added in to the Atk shown.  It makes so much sense now.

Nino is a 5*, but I can go check Tharja that way once I get her to 20, which I can do easily enough.  I imagine I'll need to get Nino up to 40 to check hers.

Beat Lunatic in my main account. Took a few tries to decide which units was most effective and to figure out AI movement, but it worked out.

I used 4* Gordin,  4* Tharja, 4* Frederick and 4* Abel with +1 limit break.

First turn was to use Gordin to Shove Abel, so he can be in range to KO the sword cavalier. Frederick and Tharja stayed below to bait the fliers as Michalis headed for Abel the next turn.

Now Gordin was actually really important because of that 1st-turn shove. I used Olivia before but found that the fliers wouldn't die as easily, and Gordin was perfect to one shot the buffing fliers with his Brave Bow.

The next turn took a few tries but it was important to allow space for Abel to move back down and skip Michalis's range. (I huddled the other three too much in my first go). More importantly, Tharja needed to be next to Frederick because of his Fortify Def skill.

Michalis would follow Abel, and would die to Tharja's powered up blade tome. The last lance guy was a bit tricky since I didn't want him to activate his skill so I just used Frederick as a front-line shield instead of attacking the lancer (he couldn't KO if he attacked and would die to the activated skill). He was adjacent to Tharja again so the next turn in preparation for another powered up blade attack. Except it turns out I didn't need it because Frederick's Luna was already charged.

So happy I got him in the end after a few tries. Gordin really was MVP because of his Shove skill. Frederick was actually there for Wings of Mercy support to help Abel when he got too low in health (he always took a hit against the sword guy, although he hits the enemy 4 times). I even forgot he had  Fortify Def to boost Tharja until halfway in the battle!

Frederick once again finishes the Lunatic map just like the Ursula mission...it's really tempting to promote him to 5 star!

Narcian and Subaki had to go because I still needed to level them up and Subaki couldn't deal too much damage to the Sword Flier.

Now to attempt this again in my other account- need to level Narcian up a few more levels because he still takes a bit of damage baiting the Lance flier which adds up when he's in the range of other units he needs to kill. 

image.png

Edited by mcsilas

11 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Ana, there is a disconnect between gameplay and the characters you like. You don't just get to decide who will be useful and who won't. This is a gacha game.

When you sent home units, you removed options.

Options that other people have proven you overlook.

You have mentioned 3 star units earier in the thread as trash and even refuse to change your team. There could be a team you can make that doesn't include Frederick as your axe user that can beat this map.

Chances are there are units you have or even sent home that could have been salvagable.

Because it has been established that blaming the game doesn't work: It's brutal, but not unfair.

The only thing left to blame, is your decisions.

That includes sending home units you don't think were useful.

Mhmm.

If only she got the free Subaki and Narcian, this would've been over with a short amount of work and less anger-inducing.

Hypothetically, the only non-free unit she actually needed to have is Palla if she didn't decide to dismiss those two budget saviors of this map.

7 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Can I summon any fellow tacticians to my support?

Remember, even if you don't do it for me, then do it for the Blushing Beauty herself.

Hide contents

__my_unit_my_unit_and_olivia_fire_emblem_and_fire_emblem_kakusei_drawn_by_kona_silent913__534ca5b63bc9c7dac3473288be9edd07.thumb.jpg.91a05b5c59eb68530b700981746f3ad4.jpg

__olivia_fire_emblem_fire_emblem_kakusei_and_fire_emblem_cipher__336368b36c1a3bec4f8caf70f7d11015.thumb.jpg.05bf0f2916304048bffd84e538f9cf13.jpg

Shadowofchaos I know I can count on you right

Yep. My budget strat actually revolves around her too (not that I want to try it because stamina is precious).

And gee, I decided not to monitor this thread anymore because it had gotten 200+ new posts in the past hours, but then you mentioned me and I was missing a lot of context. So I went and skimmed everything lol.

This better be worth it.

3 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

If only she got the free Subaki and Narcian, this would've been over with a short amount of work and less anger-inducing.

Narcian's map was one of the more challenging GHBs though (imo) and I think she mentioned that she sent home both Subakis on accident...

I was trying to see if I could complete this map with free units just for fun, would you guys say Narcian/Subaki/Olivia/Sophia would work better or Narcian/Subaki/Olivia/Raigh?

Just now, hauteclere said:

I was trying to see if I could complete this map with free units just for fun, would you guys say Narcian/Subaki/Olivia/Sophia would work better or Narcian/Subaki/Olivia/Raigh?

It doesn't really matter, both are fine. Go Roy's dragon waifu for the kicks.

3 minutes ago, hauteclere said:

Nice, she's a higher level anyway. Thank you!

Sophia has more attacking power with higher Atk cap and better tome than Raigh does, meaning she will have an easier time killing Michalis. (With Olivia's Dance and Hone Atk 2+, a lv. 40 3-star Sophia can 2HKO Michalis at the very minimum.)

Edited by Roflolxp54

19 minutes ago, hauteclere said:

Narcian's map was one of the more challenging GHBs though (imo) and I think she mentioned that she sent home both Subakis on accident...

Could always go with the 2* and spend 200 feathers instead of 2k feathers to 4* the 3* Michalis

Actually, I tried applying my hypothetical strategy and it turned out to be working too great. Beat it in just 3 turns which uhh defeats my previous record I think.

Turn 1:

Kdx4PW2l.png

Olivia stays because Palla needs that atk buff to kill Michalis

Turn 2:

nnrlVhel.png

jggxvM8l.png

Olivia dances Palla and bye Michalis

Move Narcian left to handle the blue trotter

Move Subaki forward to ORK the red horsebird

Turn 3:

Subaki ORK the red pony

Narcian attacks blue trotter.

Dance to finish.

AIgjRc8l.png

Look upon Narcian ye trotter, and despair,

Edited by pianime94

4 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Move Narcian left to handle the blue pony

4 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Look upon Narcian ye pony, and despair,

But there's no blue pony? The lancer is a footwoman.

Nice solution to the map! Narcian is sure worth his weight in gold. Palla is a true hero.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

But there's no blue pony? The lancer is a footwoman.

Nice solution to the map! Narcian is sure worth his weight in gold. Palla is a true hero.

Oh yeah.

Ye trotter.

3* Narcian should be able to do the job too. Everybody is MVP, especially Olivia.

This is Ana if she decides to keep stuffs and give things a chance.

12 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Sophia has more attacking power with higher Atk cap and better tome than Raigh does, meaning she will have an easier time killing Michalis. (With Olivia's Dance and Hone Atk 2+, a lv. 40 3-star Sophia can 2HKO Michalis at the very minimum.)

And Raigh gets Seal Resistance, which means that he really doesn't care about the slightly lower MT.  The free red mage strategy involves Michalis being hit twice in the same round via Olivia.

I...was actually a little disappointment in the difficulty for this GHB. Reading this makes me wonder if Michalis couldn't be bothered putting up a fight on my two rounds. I had 38 Klein 4*, 24 Oliva 4*, 40 Lyn 5* and 31 Priscilla 5*. 

4 hours ago, pianime94 said:

Could always go with the 2* and spend 200 feathers instead of 2k feathers to 4* the 3* Michalis

Actually, I tried applying my hypothetical strategy and it turned out to be working too great. Beat it in just 3 turns which uhh defeats my previous record I think.

Turn 1:

Reveal hidden contents

Kdx4PW2l.png

Turn 2:

Reveal hidden contents

nnrlVhel.png

jggxvM8l.png

Turn 3:

Reveal hidden contents

Subaki ORK the red pony

Dance to finish.

AIgjRc8l.png

Nice! I actually have Palla, Narcian and Subaki in my main account, but I just went right and I was attacking with Palla instead of baiting so I didn't think of this.

Anyway, managed to beat Lunatic in my other account with 4* Sully (lv 40), 5* Sanaki (lv 40), 4* Olivia (lv 28) and 3* Narcian (lv 36). 

It took longer because Sanaki's speed is pretty low compared to Tharja, and lack of Gordin meant more careful planning against the fliers. Still, mobility skills matter and Sully's Draw Back proved crucial in moving units out of the way and managing the tight space on the right side. 

First turn was Sully defeating sword cavalier after a dance from Olivia. Then all the fliers moved downward where Sanaki and Narcian were so I had to use Dance to move them out of harm's way behind the wall.

Then defeated Lance flier with Narcian on the south side while Sully shuffled the other units around with help from Olivia. Eventually, Narcian would move to the north to bait the sword flier to move right, where Sully was waiting to unleash her Sapphire Lance. Had to carefully navigate the right side so Sanaki can attack Michalis from behind the wall- even with Triangle Adept 3 Michalis would have 6 HP left. For some reason he headed north so had to bait him again to move back south.

Lance infantry this time moved south instead of the northern route so eventually had Narcian move down to deal with him last- again being careful not to attack him first as even with Lancebreaker Narcian won't OHKO.

But yeah, all done! Thanks to the people posting in this thread, there were some really great tips!

IMG_0085.PNG

Edited by mcsilas

4 hours ago, pianime94 said:

Turn 1:

Reveal hidden contents

Kdx4PW2l.png

Turn 2:

Reveal hidden contents

nnrlVhel.png

jggxvM8l.png

Turn 3:

Reveal hidden contents

Subaki ORK the red pony

Dance to finish.

AIgjRc8l.png

She was stingy about using 200 feathers. She's not going to spend 2k.

Also, yxmkv, the 3 star playthrough person did it with the same team as before, but no Narcian. They used a 3 star Michalis.

23 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

She was stingy about using 200 feathers. She's not going to spend 2k.

Also, yxmkv, the 3 star playthrough person did it with the same team as before, but no Narcian. They used a 3 star Michalis.

From what I saw, 3 star Michalis was not bulky enough to tank the hit from...Michalis.

16 hours ago, Anacybele said:

1. That was recommended to me for her Swordbreaker. 2. If I need a lance cav, I have Abel who is better. 3. She was -def anyway and sucked bad because she couldn't take a hit.

For the record, since Eclipse brought up "Try. It. First." and "Your attitude with units stinks" and I missed this post...

You should do calculations before bringing up natures.

Sully has 21 def on -def nature for a 4 star. Also has swordbreaker.

A swordie has at most 50 atk on the map. 56 with death blow 3.

56 * .2 = 11.2

Sapphire lance = 22.4 round down 22

56 - 22 = 34 atk

34 - 21 = 13

On player phase it's 9.

Frederick also has fortify def possibly reducing it even further.

Your "couldn't take a hit" statement is based nothing but that word "-def".

So again, unit value over "getting rid of them for skills".

Abel can one round, but due to spd penalty from brave lance and lack of bonuses from sapphire lance, they can't one round on enemy phase reliably unless their hp is up.

So as eclipse said later is pretty much addressing posts like these. They have different niches. Abel is not inherently better than Sully. Abel requires you to be more offensive. Which is something you take into account when doing skill inheritance as someone suggested you sacrifice Abel instead.

Someone please correct me if I got calculations wrong here.

Edited by shadowofchaos