Raven

58 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

@MrSmokestack - because youre hiding

Well... The winner is...

Reveal hidden contents

Me. 

Why?

I used my own team by mistake.

For some reason I had a 4th team with Subaki, Narcian, Olivia and Takumi. 3 turns not including set up.... My bad ('-_- )

-----

I could see who has the least amount of turns as compensation...

Lol, I've got no words.

The bar for FE Heroes trolling has now been set!

15 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

That was the point of the bet, wasn't it?

Like... just help them beat it.

Except FE fans have to have a contest with strategy during that lol.

Yes exactly. There's no point in beating a map unless you do it with a perfect strategy.

The reason why I've had to replay FE7 so many times...

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my lord this thread blew up

20 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

That was the point of the bet, wasn't it?

Like... just help them beat it.

Except FE fans have to have a contest with strategy during that lol.

Yeah, I don't really mind who the winner is, because the real winner at the end of the day is @TheTuckingFypo because she ultimately got to finish the map. Congratulations by the way!

24 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

@TheTuckingFypo Competition aside, the whole reason it started up in the first place was the three of us all trying to figure out what team would best help you beat Michalis' map, but you beating it is the important part.

So with that said, congratulations on your shiny new Michalis :D

27 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

That I will. I feel bad tbh.

Like, just as bad as seeing the results of the round 3 voting gauntlet, still. I feel bad for you every time I accidentally click on it. Talk about insult to injury...

So, the bet, round 2 will commence.

TBH, I noticed and was all "well shit, this isn't Smokestack's team. I guess it'd be a waste of stamina if i surrender, so I guess i'll play it out until I die..."... Then I beat it.

Wasn't expecting that, didja? I didn't.

I can update yo as I do this run.

I thought the original competition was to see which team could beat the map in the fewest turns though?

And yeah I was out guys sorry about that, this is pretty great stuff though.

@Arcanite so he can see this

EDIT: Changing my title brb

Edited by MrSmokestack

8 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Oh, yeah, he's bulky and hits hard. Hmm, do you mean this video by yxmkv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l90fk_lk-28?

I can't read Japanese, but I think I getting what the video's trying to telling me. Will see once I finish watching it. From what I'm seeing, it's Michalis being a mixture of being bulky, hard-hitting, and fast enough that he doesn't get doubled by himself or anyone. Beruka is even bulkier, but hits weaker and is much slower -- she's the slowest Wyvern Rider from what I remember -- and while Cherche is bulky and hits hard, she's just off 5 points in speed as a 3* that she'll get doubled.

Edit: Funny thing is that I'm already training the 3* Michalis I got yesterday. I just like using different units and it helps to have a full team even if I don't have a red unit to train with; currently training Michalis alongside the better Arthur, Ninian, and Sully. I don't really use duplicates unless they're a better stat variation, especially if the first time I used them, they were really horrible like Subaki.

Looks like it requires a 4* MIchalis, so if you're going to replicate it, you'll need to move quickly!  I can see why it works, and it's brilliant IMO.

55 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Well... The winner is...

Me. 
Why?
I used my own team by mistake.
For some reason I had a 4th team with Subaki, Narcian, Olivia and Takumi. 3 turns not including set up.... My bad ('-_- )-----
I could see who has the least amount of turns as compensation..

What a shocking turn of events! So everyone else gets a participation ribbon?

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Lol round 2, where it gets serious. Where the crap hits the fan. Where the Pineapples takeover. 

Watch as everyone ties and the true winner is that pineapple.

8 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Burn that Barst for Reposition on Sophia, and Fortify Defense because why not.

The team I had in mind was Sophia, Gordin, Ephraim, and Olivia.  Have Sophia Reposition Ephraim into Michalis' range on the right, so Ephraim can aggro everything by attacking the sword cavalier.  Olivia can dance Sophia to safety.  Gordin's job is to fill non-Michalis fliers with arrows.  Sophia's job is to kill Michalis in two hits, with a little help from Olivia.

I think I can make this even better with Inigo's Axebreaker.

Thanks for the help, now I'll start to give Ephraim and Gordin more experience to be ready.

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Oh my lord this thread blew up

Yeah, I don't really mind who the winner is, because the real winner at the end of the day is @TheTuckingFypo because she ultimately got to finish the map. Congratulations by the way!

I thought the original competition was to see which team could beat the map in the fewest turns though?

And yeah I was out guys sorry about that, this is pretty great stuff though.

@Arcanite so he can see this

You don't think I've been waiting my guy? XD

Anywho yes, she was supposed to do that but she ended up using the wrong team to beat it. We're still going to see how it works by turns though so the bet is still on, hee hee hee.

Spoiler

Got your victory music ready?

Just now, Arcanite said:

You don't think I've been waiting my guy? XD

Anywho yes, she was supposed to do that but she ended up using the wrong team to beat it. We're still going to see how it works by turns though so the bet is still on, hee hee hee.

Reveal hidden contents

Got your victory music ready?

I don't really have a victory theme but I just listen to whatever I fancy at the moment

Spoiler

Pls don't judge my tastes

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I don't really have a victory theme but I just listen to whatever I fancy at the moment

Reveal hidden contents

*judging intensifies* :P:

Anyway, if y'all want to sort out the minor details, you can do so via PM.  Five can take part at once, so have at it~!

17 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Looks like it requires a 4* MIchalis, so if you're going to replicate it, you'll need to move quickly!  I can see why it works, and it's brilliant IMO.

Aww man, I missed that and my Michalis is only level 26. It's going to take ages to get him to level 40 as a 4*. Also, I love how Cherche showed up at the end. I guess it's saying if you have someone with Lancebreaker, then give it to Cherche to do a similar thing?

Also, I have no idea what the first part was about with the whole Gunter dies thing.

Edited by Kaden

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Aww man, I missed that and my Michalis is only level 26. It's going to take ages to get him to level 40 as a 4*. Also, I love how Cherche showed up at the end. I guess it's saying if you have someone with Lancebreaker, then give it to Cherche to do a similar thing?

Also, I have no idea what the first part was about with the whole Gunter dies thing.

My dude, I got my michalis to 4 star level 30 in a day and I wasn't even online at all times. It's mad easy with full castle upgrades and the 1.5 xp event.

Edited by Arcanite

Just now, Arcanite said:

My dude, I got my michalis to 4 star level 30 in a day and I wasn't even online at all times. It's mad easy with full castle upgrades and the 1.5 xp event.

Oh really?

Try beating my getting Ryoma to Lv 40 the same day I pulled him.

Hehe

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Oh really?

Hehe

That's just ridiculous, I don't get how that's even possible.....

Oh really?

Hehe

I got my 3 star Michalis to level 40 the same day. 

Don't mess with me bro

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Aww man, I missed that and my Michalis is only level 26. It's going to take ages to get him to level 40 as a 4*. Also, I love how Cherche showed up at the end. I guess it's saying if you have someone with Lancebreaker, then give it Cherche to do a similar thing?

Also, I have no idea what the first part was with the whole Gunter dies thing.

It would take me a long time to translate that, so I guess?  There's some equations in the YouTube comments.  The one by the person who made the video (NOT ME):

HP - (136-DEF×3) > 0 and at least 23 Speed.

Not sure where the 136 came from (if I've done my math right, the lance fliers should be at 35 MT after WTD), but the Def x3 is most definitely from three attacks!

Oh really?

Hehe

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

I got my 3 star Michalis to level 40 the same day. 

Don't mess with me bro

Get a room you two. :P:

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Oh my.

Did you just go there?

I think you just went there.

Uh-oh.

Reveal hidden contents

Yes, I did. :P:

PMs are a great way to chat about anything and everything with others.  Best part is that the people in the conversation control the topic, so your resident busybody mod doesn't have to remind people to stay on-topic! :P:

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Oh my.

Did you just go there?

I think you just went there.

Uh-oh.

Reveal hidden contents

@Arcanite and I would make good friends irl wouldn't we

L̶o̶l̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶F̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶a̶v̶a̶t̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶?̶

Anywho, I have to do this weird thing called "sleep". 

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Yes, I did. :P:

PMs are a great way to chat about anything and everything with others.  Best part is that the people in the conversation control the topic, so your resident busybody mod doesn't have to remind people to stay on-topic! :P:

Maybe someone between me Amphy and smokestack can make one, but I got to eat and bed so if Fypo declares the winner while I'm inactive, I won't be able to do the necessary deeds as loser (assuming I lose).

Yay! I did the four star level. I so wasn't sure if I could. The three star was so easy. But I kept losing to the four star one. So, I took some of today training up a team I thought of as a went to bed last night, and it worked! 

Team Members:

5* Level 40 Lyn, with Vantage 3, Reciprocal Aid and her normal skills. Used to take out Michalis, and do the final blow to the heavy spear guy. (This one is on my normal team, as well, so I didn't have to train her up haha)

4* Level 37 Klein, with his normal skills, used to take out the fliers, and attack behind Effie.

4* Level 26 Olivia, used to dance for Effie and Lyn, mostly.

4* Level 38 Effie, normal skills, used as a wall, and a tank.

I have pictures of how they ended up, but I'm not sure if it's okay to post them lol. I know I'm overly excited about a thing I'm sure most of you have done by now. But after a while of failing, when I beat it, well I got excited haha. Plus, now I have an axe user I can use lol.

Edited by Dylan Corona

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

That's the easy part. After that, it's a long grueling trip from level 32 to level 40. Michalis is level 27 now after a bunch of other units leveled up like I now I have a level 40 Subaki and almost level 40 Frederick who is kind of useless if I end up using the 4* Michalis strategy.

Edit: Tested to see if I was right and I was; even if Subaki kills the sword cavalier -- used Gunter's Hone Attack to test this --, Michalis homes in on Subaki. Either he's focusing on the fact Subaki is a physical attack or he's going after Ninian who is a bit closer to get to if you go towards the right and down rather than down and right. So that debunks this strategy. You have to have F!Corrin,

That's 1 strategy down; 3 to go. I'm worried that a 4* Corrin might not be able to make the cut, so I'm not going to attempt the @LordFrigid's strategy for now. If I somehow miraculously get this map done with time to spare, then sure. So, that leaves the Lancebreaker Cherche and the 4* Michalis strategy.

Edited by Kaden

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

Oh, yeah, he's bulky and hits hard. Hmm, do you mean this video by yxmkv: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l90fk_lk-28?

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

My jaw nearly fell out off of my face when I realized what they were doing. Getting the enemy Michalis stuck on the terrain (and using him to avoid Drag Back) is brilliant indeed.

Also, Zinogre's theme song playing in the background makes the video just that much better (and reminds me that my copy of MHXX doesn't arrive until Tuesday :[ ).

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Oh really?

Hehe

1 hour ago, immatx said:

That's just ridiculous, I don't get how that's even possible.....

I got my 3-star Robin (F) to 5-star level 40 by about 6 hours after the start of her Grand Hero Battle. You just need a good babysitting team.

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My jaw nearly fell out off of my face when I realized what they were doing. Getting the enemy Michalis stuck on the terrain (and using him to avoid Drag Back) is brilliant indeed.

I mentally facepalmed when I realized that you cannot drag back if an obstacle such as a wall or a unit is in the way when I saw LordFrigid's demo. This is in spite knowing this would happen whenever I use Eirika and Gwendolyn. The lance flier having a wall behind her meant that she couldn't drag back anyone. That said, I don't think she could have dragged Corrin onto the mountains in the first place.

Ugh, this map is infuriating. Leveling 3* Michalis to a level 40, 4* quickly is a priority, but holy cow, his skills cost so much. 700 SP to get all of his 4* skills. I only really need 500 for the map to get his upgraded Blazing Thunder and Threaten Def 3 for added debuffing. That's still 440-some SP to go. Is there a SP calculator? It might work better if I just promote him now as a level 32 and get the SP along the way. It might be faster to just max out Cherche and give her low attack, high HP Arthur's Lancebreaker 1 and 2 and Emerald Axe for the hell of it. The only problem is how do I do the map without getting Cherche killed by Michalis who will surely double her.

Edit: A 3*, 4*, or 5* unit going from level 1 to 40 will gain 540 SP, right? Should be enough. Yeah... might want to promote him now. Just going to suck if I ever plan to add skills to him and I'll have to grind it out...

Edited by Kaden

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

Get a room you two. :P:

These two and Michalis?

Anyway, I missed all the action again, and nobody even bothered to tag me. So sad. Shame on you, @Arcanite!
Anyway anyway, I'm definitely promoting Mike as soon as I get the feathers. A 16 Mt killer axe is not supposed to be passed by.
If only the man had some actual Res. Oh well, nobody is perfect. Also there was an interesting idea to give Subaki Bonfire.
I can ponder on it, I have a ton of adult Tikis twiddling their thumbs and all other body parts.

4 hours ago, Arcanite said:

L̶o̶l̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶F̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶a̶v̶a̶t̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶?̶

Hector × Oboro? Somebody, do this!

Edited by Vaximillian

OMG!

I'm here to share my happiness!!

This become the first Hero Battle I beat in Lunatic!!!

All the other fights ended terrible for me in lunatic, but this time, I were able to beat Michalis, with this team:

tumblr_oneuimzAMa1rql8cco1_400.pngtumblr_oneuimzAMa1rql8cco4_400.png

2 units 5* in lv40 and 2 units 3* in 30+ , it was intense yeah, but I need to be gratefull for everything all of you comented here and that 3* video, since I wanted to replicate it... I were only able to replicate the start of the fight and then change the other half, since my Narcian wasn't able to resist Michalis attack, but I ajusted my units and in the end with what I remember from this thread and I won!

Thanks guys! Now... Now I have a Michalis for me and 1 extra iote shield I think haha

Thank you guys

Edited by SniperGYS

Well, I finally cleared Lunatic. Took a lot of stamina potions, but it was worth it in the end. Also the first time I've ever cleared a Lunatic map. ^^ Team was:

Lucina Lvl 40 
Effie Lvl 40      
Klein Lvl 35 
Olivia Lvl 28

That was quite... thrilling, tbqh. I guess most Lunatic maps are like that. xD That's two Iote's Shields in the bag.