Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I'm claiming 三神軍師ウィアブーズ for my group.

I'm gonna guess the moonrunes mean "Ninian's Fan Club~" No? Aww.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Ugh, why you start giving them ideas?

When I change my sig back I'm putting OG strategist three

Oy, Fypo is our personal guinea pig, not yours! Keep your paws off!

Prologue: The Verge of History

This is history in the making my fellow tacticians. But me, Arcanite, and Ampharos will always be the first.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'm gonna guess the moonrunes mean "Ninian's Fan Club~" No? Aww.

Three Divine Tacticians: Weaboos.

If anything, I'll probably miss my spotlight because of my timezone, lol.

But I'll see if I can be of assistance to others.

Edited by pianime94

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I propose a coalition between our parties. 

Lol if we're being serious, we should probably consult with eachother before we make decisions like this.

Will the Strategist Three be able to overcome the next hurdle? Or will Navarre prove too tough for this newly formed team? But the next Grand Hero is not the only obstacle they face. Many challengers are biding their time in the shadows. Fellow tacticians who scheme to bring down the still inexperienced party. Less then a day after the difficult Micahlis battle and a few rivals have already identified themselves. Will the Strategist Three prevail? Or will they fall before their era even began? Find out in the next Grand Hero Battle!

Edited by Kiran

2 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Will the Tacticians Three be able to overcome the next hurdle? Or will Navarre prove too tough for this newly formed team? But the next Grand Hero is not the only obstacle they face. Many challengers are biding their time in the shadows. Fellow tacticians who scheme to bring down the still inexperienced party. Less then a day after the difficult Micahlis battle and a few rivals have already identified themselves. Will the Tacticians Three prevail? Or will they fall before their era even began? Find out in the next Grand Hero Battle!

It's the Strategist's Three get it right gosh

3 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Will the Tacticians Three be able to overcome the next hurdle? Or will Navarre prove too tough for this newly formed team? But the next Grand Hero is not the only obstacle they face. Many challengers are biding their time in the shadows. Fellow tacticians who scheme to bring down the still inexperienced party. Less then a day after the difficult Micahlis battle and a few rivals have already identified themselves. Will the Tacticians Three prevail? Or will they fall before their era even began? Find out in the next Grand Hero Battle!

Strategist*

This is pretty xexy

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Strategist*

This is pretty xexy

Fixed :P 

Where's my editor when I need him

29 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Technically tactics is the planning of how the actual battle takes place, whereas strategy is more the overall war plan, like where to have the battle in the first place.

Tactics: this is how we attack Castle X

Strategy: we attack Fort Y, first, which will keep reinforcements and supplies from helping Castle X

Just now, Rezzy said:

Technically tactics is the planning of how the actual battle takes place, whereas strategy is more the overall war plan, like where to have the battle in the first place.

Tactics: this is how we attack Castle X

Strategy: we attack Fort Y, first, which will keep reinforcements and supplies from helping Castle X

This is exactly what I mean.

We're about winning the war, not one silly battle or skirmish.

4 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

You're gonna hate me, but it's a draw.

As for @MaskedAmpharos, while it looked promising, @Sire actually may have made and error. The Sword flier and Michalis, instead of moving 2 spaces down, they moved 1 down and swapped sides (I guess Michalis had something against Narcian?), effectively putting both of them out of Tharja's range.  I played around for hours rearranging your team's placement, but nothing fruitful came out of it :(

Apologies for being away ALL DAY yesterday, but I was very focused on beating that map. I'm sorry for the extreme disappointment. I'm disappointed in myself, too XD

I guess you guys (Sire too I guess) really ARE the StrategistsThree. 

Sounds about right. The AI has a tendency to position themselves to counter the opposing color, and with 2 Reds (Olivia, Tharja) 1 Blue (Subaki) and 1 Green (Narcian), it makes sense that the Sword Flier will immediately gun for Narcian, messing up the entire placement. Subaki being to the right of Narcian may not have been enough to discourage the Sword Flier, and I'm not sure if Michalis will try moving towards Subaki if he was on the left (keeping the "move 2 down" strategy in place). But hey, I did have a disclaimer up saying I didn't try that strat myself since I don't have those characters, so my hands are clean!

Luckily though, I didn't have anything on the line on the bet. I'm just the random guy wandering through town, says his piece, and wanders on. But am I a tactician, or an agent of chaos disguising myself as one? The Black Market will gladly take your Orbs in exchange for Stamina Potions. All we need to figure out is out to drain the current excess out in the wild...

Holy heck! I suppose if you're a full blown whale or a hacker, you get to come up with different ways to enjoy the game Oo I never would've imagined taking on the Michalis map with Sakura!

10 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

Holy heck! I suppose if you're a full blown whale or a hacker, you get to come up with different ways to enjoy the game Oo I never would've imagined taking on the Michalis map with Sakura!

If a whale... you still need to take the time to do all that leveling and skill merging:>_<: . I suppose, in this case, I hope it's a hacker, otherwise mercy upon the poor soul that endured the process of setting that up.

Or it was a preparation for the next training tower quests: Complete tenth stratum with 4 staff users. All allies must survive:P::>_<: (0/20 times)

Just now, Skala_Bundet said:

If a whale... you still need to take the time to do all that leveling and skill merging:>_<: . I suppose, in this case, I hope it's a hacker, otherwise mercy upon the poor soul that endured the process of setting that up.

Or it was a preparation for the next training tower quests: Complete tenth stratum with 4 staff users. All allies must survive:P::>_<: (0/20 times)

Oh yes, not saying no skill was required (in the whale's case). I just meant that some of the fun is collecting the orbs in the hopes you get the character you want, and the others come from working out how to use the ones you have. With limitless resources, then other things must be done... like working how to beat Michalis' chapter with (possibly) your favourite character xD 

Oh man, that's bringing down shivers... Don't give them ideas! xD 

• 2 months later...

So Michalis's GHB is back.

Managed to use 4 star Michalis to beat enemy Michalis, killing two birds with one stone, using a flier emblem team + red mage.

Team is Hinoka, Minerva, Michalis (red head fliers team?) + red mage (Tharja/Sanaki)

I put Michalis in enemy Michalis's range, after receiving a Hone Fliers buff from Hinoka. Hinoka moves behind Michalis, red mage moves to the left of Michalis while Minerva sits next to Hinoka so both fliers receive Ward Fliers buff.

Enemy Michalis will attack my 4 star Michalis straight away, triggering every flier to follow him south. I then use Minerva to defeat the lance flier to the right of Michalis.

Your chosen red mage on the left (should be below the left brick wall), attacks Michalis, bringing the enemy Michalis to low health for your own Michalis to finish off. (Sanaki can do it fine but In Tharja's case, mine was 5 star but I had to remove Rauodrblade+ and use the normal one. Darting Blow is needed though otherwise she can't double even with +Spd). Also I say this now, I tried using a 4 star Raigh for this but he wasn't fast nor powerful enough to bring the enemy Michalis's health enough for my own Michalis to finish the job.

After Michalis defeats himself, I send Hinoka in front of my Michalis to delete the sword flier. 

Lance guy from the left will close in to my red mage so I move Minerva to the left to block the lancer's path. After this, you only need to worry about the sword cavalier on the right- which Hinoka can finsh off. (Although mine was -Atk so she needed help from Sanaki/Tharja).

Still not sure how to do this with Alphonse though, since mine is still 2 star, unless someone can find a way to finish the map with just 3 units while Alphonse hangs around.

Edited by mcsilas

You'd want to level up Alfonse a bit so he has enough attack and speed. I went a burned a second Karel I had and gave his Wo Dao to Alfonse. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Like last time with Zephiel, I noticed that there's an incredibly specific way to knock Michalis' Hp down for Alfonse or your own Michalis to secure the kill.

This strategy is for the 9-1 Lunatic Michalis. My +Atk, Deathblow 2 Reinhardt did 22x2 damage, versus his 41 Hp.  I don't have the stamina to check at the moment, but swapping to Deathblow 1 should be enough to take Michalis to 1 Hp or so. Alternatively, you can fiddle with the Deathblow level in a neutral attack Reinhardt to find the sweet spot. 

I managed to complete the Alfonse quests on the lunatic GHB map with a level 30 3* fonse. Ephraim and my own Michalis did most of the work, and softened up the enemy Michalis just enough so that Alfonse could land the finishing blow.

This whole thing was pretty easy for me, as I have a 5* Alphonse who I gave axe breaker for the Legion maps last week. He also already had reposition for Arena.

I just ran Michealis, Alphonse, Abel and Klein handle the map. Abel gets reposioned to kill the sword cav, Klein kills both pegasi, Alphonse baits enemy Michealis who survives with about 10 hp, and Michealis can deal with the lance dude who's left.

I just had to run this strategy twice, letting Michealis get the kill on enemy Michealis the first time, and giving the kill to Alphonse the second time.

I can really advise people to train up the Askr trio to at least lvl 40 4*, since they are required for a lot of quests and they can serve as bonus heroes in the arena.

Me: Hmmm... Just completed the fliers' quest. I no longer need my Michalis at top level. Let's promote him to 5*! :D

*Promotes and begins to level slowly with team. Remembers the GHB quests currently on*

DOH!

Oh well... I'm going to see how quickly he levels in a team, otherwise I might replace him with Legion and power level him separately with a dancer -.-

3 hours ago, mcsilas said:

So Michalis's GHB is back.

Managed to use 4 star Michalis to beat enemy Michalis, killing two birds with one stone, using a flier emblem team + red mage.

Team is Hinoka, Minerva, Michalis (red head fliers team?) + red mage (Tharja/Sanaki)

I put Michalis in enemy Michalis's range, after receiving a Hone Fliers buff from Hinoka. Hinoka moves behind Michalis, red mage moves to the left of Michalis while Minerva sits next to Hinoka so both fliers receive Ward Fliers buff.

Enemy Michalis will attack my 4 star Michalis straight away, triggering every flier to follow him south. I then use Minerva to defeat the lance flier to the right of Michalis.

Your chosen red mage on the left (should be below the left brick wall), attacks Michalis, bringing the enemy Michalis to low health for your own Michalis to finish off. (Sanaki can do it fine but In Tharja's case, mine was 5 star but I had to remove Rauodrblade+ and use the normal one. Darting Blow is needed though otherwise she can't double even with +Spd). Also I say this now, I tried using a 4 star Raigh for this but he wasn't fast nor powerful enough to bring the enemy Michalis's health enough for my own Michalis to finish the job.

After Michalis defeats himself, I send Hinoka in front of my Michalis to delete the sword flier. 

Lance guy from the left will close in to my red mage so I move Minerva to the left to block the lancer's path. After this, you only need to worry about the sword cavalier on the right- which Hinoka can finsh off. (Although mine was -Atk so she needed help from Sanaki/Tharja).

Still not sure how to do this with Alphonse though, since mine is still 2 star, unless someone can find a way to finish the map with just 3 units while Alphonse hangs around.

Do you have a competent Archer? I posted a strategy way back when it first went live that was basically a 3-man: archer, dancer, red unit, random bait (I used Reinhardt since he's blue). Even though Alfonse is red, if he's 2-star and low level, he should hopefully suffice as bait for Michalis and can hang around while the others do the work.

Didn't bother with killing Michalis with Alfonse, because Alfonse is lame anyway

I did the other three easy, though killing Michalis with Michalis was done in the Story mode

@MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos this is the one that started it all....

On 3/28/2017 at 11:28 AM, TheTuckingFypo said:

Holy crap. That's insane. O_O

@Arcanite @MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos

Reveal hidden contents

You're gonna hate me, but it's a draw.

Reveal hidden contents

Even after wasting the remainder of my stamina potions, I was actually unable to beat the map with any of your teams.

In @Arcanite and @MrSmokestack's case, the problem was Selena. She Just wasn't strong enough to effectively take out anything, or tank. (I blame -DEF). 

As for @MaskedAmpharos, while it looked promising, @Sire actually may have made and error. The Sword flier and Michalis, instead of moving 2 spaces down, they moved 1 down and swapped sides (I guess Michalis had something against Narcian?), effectively putting both of them out of Tharja's range.  I played around for hours rearranging your team's placement, but nothing fruitful came out of it :(

Apologies for being away ALL DAY yesterday, but I was very focused on beating that map.

I'm sorry for the extreme disappointment. I'm disappointed in myself, too XD

I guess you guys (Sire too I guess) really ARE the StrategistsThree. 

I laugh at this every time^ XD

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

You are lame.

I love you too Vax :)

I just don't want to train him up is all XD He's still only level 26 I think heh AT LEAST he's 4 star though!