Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

1) I love you too Vax :)

2) I just don't want to train him up is all XD He's still only level 26 I think heh AT LEAST he's 4 star though!

1) <3

2) Mine is 4⋆ lvl 40. He beat both the Hard and story Michalis like he was supposed to. He’s just that responsible and reliable.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Alfonse is the next one on the list for 5*'ring. I've got 19k feathers, but I like to have some spare for skills units, so I'm holding off until after the gauntlet :)

He's ready to beat a Michalis, though ^.^

47 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

1) <3

2) Mine is 4⋆ lvl 40. He beat both the Hard and story Michalis like he was supposed to. He’s just that responsible and reliable.

...Sometimes, I wonder if the story battles were intentional. They sound sequence breaky.

Ruby!Olivia, Minerva, and Tsubaki makes it pretty easy. Good enough for me to just bring Alphonse (who can kill Michalis on the Hard version with a brave sword as a 4* anyway) and a 4* Michalis who just sat around, anyway.

Did the kill lv40 Mich with x quests on 9-1 instead. Much more maneuverable and doesn't run into the issue of Mich getting offed by Minerva or Olivia too early.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

...Sometimes, I wonder if the story battles were intentional. They sound sequence breaky.

Even if they missed the loophole originally, I'm sure they're aware of it by now, and they haven't changed the quest requirements to prevent it. I think they're fine with offering the option, and it costs more stamina that way anyway.

2 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Didn't bother with killing Michalis with Alfonse, because Alfonse is lame anyway

I did the other three easy, though killing Michalis with Michalis was done in the Story mode

@MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos this is the one that started it all....

I laugh at this every time^ XD

It would be a good idea to got the Fonz up to speed, since it seems every future GHB will have one of the 3 Askrs needed to kill the boss.

3 hours ago, Arcanite said:

I just don't want to train him up is all XD He's still only level 26 I think heh AT LEAST he's 4 star though!

It's kind of funny to me that your Alfonse has seen more action than mine despite your vocal dislike of him.

Mine is a 3* lvl 24 :D (still beat the lvl 40 Michalis with him, just had to chip him down with Pain) 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Oh hey, it's the map that brought me back to this unused account a couple months ago. Mkv uploaded a variation of her second strategy using 4* Michalis, but with 3* Michalis and Cecilia this time since Sophia destroys Lunatic Michalis in 2 hits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzJUylcLRpw.

nystyler has one strategy with 4* Alfonse, Michalis, Olivia, and Ursula that covers both Alfonse and Michalis's quests, so you just have to repeat the GHB two times for Alfonse and Michalis's requirements: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6t-87Bf_kY. In her video description is a link to Brotel's strategy using 5* Alfonse, 4* Camus and Michalis, and 3* Olivia: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGS1Sby7Z3o.

Now that I think of it, I don't remember anyone recommending Ursula be used in the past. Maybe they did, but I don't remember. Maybe people didn't level her up, but by then she was available and skill inheritance was available with Ursula and Blarblade probably being considered a build that would be very potent. She just nukes the red cavalier and Michalis moves up to block the lance flyer from getting to her with Olivia's help.

Also, a 3* Michalis can solo Lunatic 9-1 where a level 40 Michalis shows up alongside Camus and some mooks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPlM6YPk8IY.

Edited by Kaden

56 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It would be a good idea to got the Fonz up to speed, since it seems every future GHB will have one of the 3 Askrs needed to kill the boss.

It probably is a good idea!

23 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It's kind of funny to me that your Alfonse has seen more action than mine despite your vocal dislike of him.

I don't like him, but he's still somewhat useful as a bonus unit

He hasn't seen a day in the arena yet though LOL

Beat lunatic pretty easily with Narcian, two mages and either 4* Alfonse or 4* Michalis.

4* Narcian has been super useful in many PvE maps ever since after the first GHB. I don't have strong Axe users and I don't bother inheriting skills for the mediocre ones. So Narcian is the only one that can ORKO almost all lance enemies without skill inheritance.

However, Sanaki overkills Michalis. I tried several times by equipping weaker tomes and weaker triangle adept to spare some Michalis' HP for Alfonse or my Michalis.

Spoiler

After 1st turn:

20170622_104327.thumb.png.09f562e18e1d5dab63039c99b4a6b1d2.png

After 2nd turn:

20170622_104350.thumb.png.e0ba793b05237d0fa0a16d646528c818.png

Edited by Rosetta

2 hours ago, Thor Odinson said:

Did the kill lv40 Mich with x quests on 9-1 instead. Much more maneuverable and doesn't run into the issue of Mich getting offed by Minerva or Olivia too early.

Very glad you reminded me of those Lumi!

Much less frustrating taking on Michalis without his crazy GHB buffs.

Quests done!

5 hours ago, azurrys said:

Do you have a competent Archer? I posted a strategy way back when it first went live that was basically a 3-man: archer, dancer, red unit, random bait (I used Reinhardt since he's blue). Even though Alfonse is red, if he's 2-star and low level, he should hopefully suffice as bait for Michalis and can hang around while the others do the work.

Thanks for the suggestion! Although i cheesed one of the Alfonse quests by just using the Hard version of the map since his level isn't high enough yet. I just used Sanaki, Hinoka and Minerva- luckily Sanaki had enough HP to face tank the sword cavalier (because Alfonse can't fly like Michalis there wasn't enough room to run away when the enemies closed in)

Used 9-1 to kill Micky with the Fonz and himself.  Used Horse Emblem to beat the GHB.  It did a number on my Stamina, though.  Good thing I don't need to use it for anything besides the last few Stratum quests.

I managed to get over a hundred Orbs saved up now.  I really hope we get the Dawn Brigade next.  I need to get my Micaiah.

3 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Swords aren't the best for this map. What team are you running?

I disagree, 5 star xander even without horse-emblem buffs is fantastic in this Map on lunatic, he can tank the blue flyer reliable and take the hit. Finished Lunatic once with Alphonse 4 Star, B-Cordelia, Xander and Azama and once with Olivia Alphonse Michalis and Azama.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

I disagree, 5 star xander even without horse-emblem buffs is fantastic in this Map on lunatic, he can tank the blue flyer reliable and take the hit. Finished Lunatic once with Alphonse 4 Star, B-Cordelia, Xander and Azama and once with Olivia Alphonse Michalis and Azama.

He may be an exception, but as a rule of thumb, you probably don't want to take a sword user into a map with two lancers, two swords, and only one axe. Especial with all their drag bag shenanigans.

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

I already got my quota yesterday with the -Atk +Spd Katarina

You are under the mistaken impression that my -Atks are finite.  Gonna send some Ests your way, too.