Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

7 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

It's kind of funny to me that your Alfonse has seen more action than mine despite your vocal dislike of him.

Mine is a 3* lvl 24 :D (still beat the lvl 40 Michalis with him, just had to chip him down with Pain) 

Hey, we're talking about Alfonse! Mine's still 2* level 25. Y!Tiki dropped 9-1 Michalis exactly into KO range for him.

And I managed to win the Lunatic GHB this time! Cordelia put in a lot of work, while Palla drew out Michalis to be eaten alive by the Godblade, and my Michalis just sat around.  Yay for flierteam!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

He may be an exception, but as a rule of thumb, you probably don't want to take a sword user into a map with two lancers, two swords, and only one axe. Especial with all their drag bag shenanigans.

Can confirm @Hilda, especially when the sole axe user on the map is easily the most dangerous one. I ran Lucina on all of my attempts through this map, and she had just enough Atk to leave Michalis with single digit health, letting my underleveled 3* Alejandro finish him off. With Hone Atk, she could just ORKO him outright.

You can always field an archer with a dancer to deal with basically everything else because flier effectiveness.

8 hours ago, Othin said:

Even if they missed the loophole originally, I'm sure they're aware of it by now, and they haven't changed the quest requirements to prevent it. I think they're fine with offering the option, and it costs more stamina that way anyway.

Yeah... and when Xander and Lloyd's rematches come along...

Anyway, my own Michalis is too slow to handle Honed Michalis in the GHB. I just used the same team without Michalis putting in work, and depending on whether Nino would've ORKOed, Michalis could've fed off that kill. He actually did the first chip.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Can confirm @Hilda, especially when the sole axe user on the map is easily the most dangerous one. I ran Lucina on all of my attempts through this map, and she had just enough Atk to leave Michalis with single digit health, letting my underleveled 3* Alejandro finish him off. With Hone Atk, she could just ORKO him outright.

You can always field an archer with a dancer to deal with basically everything else because flier effectiveness.

Yeah, but you actually have to get her there without having her crushed. I just ran Olivia as my swordie and had Cherche handle Michalis (axe breaker) and the lance pegasus and infantry with Bridelia handling the sword pegasus. Robin could wall out the remaining sword. Swords just seem sub optimal on a map so geared against axes.

1 hour ago, Thany said:

Time to get revenge on lunatic. Does anyone have a good suggestion on what stratagy and teams I should be using? Thanks.

There's several ways to go of course, but from my experience:

• Dancing/repositioning a unit to kill the sword cav is a good way to start the map.
  • The wall on the right side of the map makes a good bottleneck to help you not get swarmed from multiple sides.
  • Bringing an archer helps you deal with the flyers other then Michealis to stop his flying buffs.

Hope that helps.

I beat it with Michalis, Reinhardt, Lilina, and Soren+1.

Reinhardt deleted the cavalier, while Michalis QR2-Bonfired his alter ego thanks to HP+3 seal. Then they (mostly Reinhardt and Soren) cleaned stuff up.

I just completed a fully trained 5* Michalis, and as he happens to be very good against his own GHB it was a cakewalk. Alfonse actually helped out with his Spur Atk enabling Micky to OHKO the lance flier! Then two runs of 9-1 Lunatic for the Michalis kills and it's the quickest redux I've ever completed.

I beat Lunatic quite easily with Lukas, Linde, Ike, Takumi

I can go into more detail if people would like, but basically get everyone over on the right, have Lukas bait the red cav who is hanging out at the top right, and after that, it's pretty easy to take everyone else out!

I already have a Lv. 40, 5* Michalis... so now I need to figure out who would benefit from Iote's Shield for skill inheritance (any recommendations are welcome haha)

Edited by SaMaster14

I searched up my old team and found out I used Reinhardt, Azura, Narcian and Roy before. Since my Alfonse is already 4* level 40, I threw on an axebreaker and replaced Roy with him. The rest played itself out as it did before :) 

I'm hoping to do the game with Michalis and an axebreaker, but I may need some help from Reinhardt for that one... Once I get Michalis back up to level 40. He's currently 32. 

Edited by Cute Chao

Pretty easy. B!Cordelia/Nino/Olivia/Alfonse or Michalis.

Cordelia deletes the fliers backed by Olivia's dancing to keep her safe. Olivia tanks the sword cav who is promptly deleted by Cordelia.

Nino deletes Michalis who isn't oneshot by Cordelia due to positioning. Alfonse and Michalis sit around for the quests. Easiest GHB ever. Pretty easy to beat the level 40 Michalis quests as well. Alfonse is *3 around level 32 and can fight him with a heal or two and Michalis was able to duel him (with Dance and Heal staff) at level 30.

I'm going to train Zephiel though, him and Sharena failed at their level 40 quests last time.

On 6/22/2017 at 6:42 AM, Arcanite said:

Didn't bother with killing Michalis with Alfonse, because Alfonse is lame anyway

I did the other three easy, though killing Michalis with Michalis was done in the Story mode

@MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos this is the one that started it all....

I laugh at this every time^ XD

I've been summoned?...

OH CRAP MICHALIS GHB RETURNS??? ...i just noticed... 

Hell, I dont even remember what I did XD

3 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Just go back to your old post ;)

I know... (I'll find it eventually...)

I've been distracted by Magikarp jump as of late. You can do it Magikarl! Jump high!

To the drawing board!

Here's a video I made of how I completed Lunatic Michalis the first time around... with only 3 units.

Ironically with 2 archers, despite Michalis' unique skill making bows no longer super effective against him as a flyer.

The game actually won't let you start with 3 units, so I had a 4th unit that was colorless, no skills, that did not attack at all.

So by doing this "3 unit" method and having Alfonse or Michalis as the 4th unit you can accomplish those quests.

This was actually pretty simple. I first completed it on Lunatic with Tharja, Azura, Clair and Frederick. It's easy once you divide the pack.

Switching Frederick for Michalis was simple enough.

As for Alfonse... I just did Story Ch. 9-1 on Lunatic and included him in my party — way easier.

Sure hope the next GHB is Clarisse or Robin (F).

Edited by Wanda

40 minutes ago, Wanda said:

This was actually pretty simple. I first completed it on Lunatic with Tharja, Azura, Clair and Frederick. It's easy once you divide the pack.

Switching Frederick for Michalis was simple enough.

As for Alfonse... I just did Story Ch. 9-1 on Lunatic and included him in my party — way easier.

Sure hope the next GHB is Clarisse or Robin (F).

Since F!Robin has already had her rerun, it'll probably be quite a while before she comes around again. Clarisse seems likely though.

6 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Since F!Robin has already had her rerun, it'll probably be quite a while before she comes around again.

God damn it. I appreciate the heads up.

Honestly, I don't really care for Clarisse all that much — I just want an archer I don't loathe (e.g. Virion, Takumi).

I completed all the missions actually on the Lunatic map itself for once. I'd got my Michalis up to level 34 (5*) and was bored of levelling him further. Threw an axebreaker on him and used the same units as before. Narcian drew in the lancers and destroyed them. Reinhardt killed everyone else. Michalis took care of Michalis, with some dancy help from the lovely Azura :) 

TFW your only flier is -SPD Beruka, and nobody can survive going through sides..

Also, making Aegis/Pavise pre-charged is assholish, but can be death with. Making Blazing Thunder pre-charged is overkill (well it needs 1 action to charge, rather being charged from the start).

EDIT Wow. Beruka surviving Blazing Thunder + double from Michalis was... unexpected. Then again he WAS away from his haremhelpers and has 40 natural DEF.

Edited by Kruggov
Beruka the wall saves the day.

Finished all the quest.

Michalis, Xander, Camus and Olivia did one quest, next one was the same but with low lv Alphonse instead of Michalis. It was a run here, since Alphonse is just lv 20 as 3* , so Camus was running around with 1HP and Alphonse was running too, but in the end... It worked!

9 hours ago, Kruggov said:

TFW your only flier is -SPD Beruka, and nobody can survive going through sides..

Also, making Aegis/Pavise pre-charged is assholish, but can be death with. Making Blazing Thunder pre-charged is overkill (well it needs 1 action to charge, rather being charged from the start).

EDIT Wow. Beruka surviving Blazing Thunder + double from Michalis was... unexpected. Then again he WAS away from his haremhelpers and has 40 natural DEF.

That's what I did the first time.