Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

On 3/20/2017 at 5:36 AM, azurrys said:

Alright, here’s a proper write-up of the strategy I used. It's pretty simple and shouldn’t require too many units.

What you need: a competent Archer (who can tank the Sword Cav for 1 turn), a Dancer (doesn’t need to be leveled), someone who can one-round Michalis, and a blue unit or other weakling that Michalis can one-round as bait. I used Klein, Olivia, Tharja and Reinhardt in those roles (sorry Reinhardt).

Turns 1, 2 and 3: Move everyone to the right flank. Position Klein just below the range of the Lance Flier with Olivia below him. Doesn’t matter where the other two go as long as everyone's grouped together. Wait one turn after positioning so everyone can move.

Turn 4: Use Klein to kill the Lance Flier. Dance for him so he can move up and attack the Sword Cavalier. It doesn’t matter if the Cavalier doesn’t die; the important thing is to get him below 50% HP so Bowbreaker doesn’t come into effect. Tharja gets behind the wall below Olivia, and Reinhardt goes below her.

Turn 5: During enemy phase, Michalis should fly down towards Reinhardt. The Sword Cavalier hits Klein, who survives, and the Sword Flier moves towards injured Klein. On player phase, use Klein to kill the Sword Flier, then dance for him so he kills the Sword Cavalier too. Reinhardt and Tharja move just out of Michalis’s range.

Turn 6: On enemy phase, Michalis draws nearer again. Kill him with Tharja. Meanwhile, the Lancer is creeping along the top. Keep Klein out of his range and on turn whatever, once the Lancer gets close enough, use Klein to kill him with Olivia dancing if necessary.

Screenshots:

Reveal hidden contents

MljeiZt.png

Position on Turn 3 before moving.

nZK9n9R.png

Position on Turn 4 to lure Michalis in (screenshot from after he's lured).

To reiterate: the dancer won't get attacked at all, so there's absolutely no need to level them. I used 4* level 23 Olivia. And I'm pretty sure any useless unit will do in the fourth slot as long as they look very tempting for Michalis to kill, though you need to make sure that the Sword Flier won't be drawn to them too (so a blue unit is ideal).

Bait specifications: Reinhardt (27 Def/15 Spd) and Cordelia (25 Def/27 Spd) work, but Sharena (29 Def/35 Spd) does not (thanks to @salinea for bringing this to my attention). I'd recommend checking his stats to make sure he can hypothetically one-round the unit, in which case he'll most likely go for them. With WTA, unboosted Michalis does 61 damage to a blue unit; boosted Michalis should do ~67, and has 37 Spd.

Additional note: for a similar strategy that actually makes use of the blue unit, see @chirp's post here! (Team of Takumi, Olivia, Lilina and Catria.)

I'm almost entirely sure that the team you have selected right now will function virtually identically to the team I used in my strategy, so feel free to give it a try when the map comes back!

I can confirm that I used variations of this strat to get all four of the quests for this iteration of the battle. Just replace Tharja with either a 4* anna or a 4* michalis, And replace "have tharja kill michalis" with, "have anna/your michalis attack michalis, have reinhardt attack michalis,  have your dancer dance your anna/michalis, and attack the enemy michalis again". Note that you will need to do attack stacking on anna/michalis, using an attack seal on them, spur attack on reinhardt, and hone attack on your dancer. My reinhardt was also +atk, which helped.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ピエリのおもちゃなの!

Oh god, this was a pain. I did it on my first try and then couldn't figure out what the hell I did and spent two stamina potions trying to replicate it. And in the end, I never did figure out what I did, but I pulled it off doing something similar, so okay. Sure. Whatever.

+0 Azura (Performing Arts) [+Spd, -Def] (Sing, Triangle Adept 3, Wings of Mercy 2, Drive Res 2)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Dance, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Spd 3, Squad Ace A 1)
+0 Olivia [+Spd, -Res] (Dance, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk 3)
+10 Peri [+Atk, -Res] (Firesweep Lance+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Lancebreaker 3, Threaten Def 3)

Basically just used Triangle Adept and the wall to keep the pegasus knights and Michalis occupied long enough to let Peri take a hit from the lance fighter. Then everything just melts. At first, I thought I might have some problems with the limited space for a cavalry unit to move around, but the fliers have just as much trouble pathing around the wall that it didn't matter.

The usual imgur gallery with turn-by-turn: https://imgur.com/a/pLJs3.

@bethany81707 Do you think @Ice Dragon's solution is applicable for Tana? I see at least 3 problems: 

1. Only 2 movement. Tana will have problems to reach the upper corner in time.
  2. Too much DEF. Tana will have to equip Firesweep+/LnD3, otherwise the lance does not do enough damage to active WoM on the dancers. 
  3. ATK. Peri reaches 60, my Tana 54 with LnD3. With ATK3 Seal and S-Support your Tana could reach 59, which could suffice to kill Michalis once he is without support. 

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@bethany81707 Do you think @Ice Dragon's solution is applicable for Tana? I see at least 3 problems: 

1. Only 2 movement. Tana will have problems to reach the upper corner in time.
  2. Too much DEF. Tana will have to equip Firesweep+/LnD3, otherwise the lance does not do enough damage to active WoM on the dancers. 
  3. ATK. Peri reaches 60, my Tana 54 with LnD3. With ATK3 Seal and S-Support your Tana could reach 59, which could suffice to kill Michalis once he is without support. 

Reposition bot? I don't have the feathers to give her Firesweep and Life and Death 3 to do it, though...

Done the infernal map with these units:

-Valter +2 (Neutral), Cursed lance, Reposition, Luna, Darting Blow 3, Hone Fliers, Panic Ploy 3 seal and S support both with the tactician and Caeda;

-Tana (+Def -Spd), Vidofnir, Moonbow, Spd/Def 2, Wings of Mercy 2, Goad Fliers;

-Caeda (+Res -Def), Armorslayer +, Reposition, Fortify Fliers and S support with Valter;

-Michalis (Neutral), Hauteclaire, Reposition, Blazing Thunder, Iote's shield, Axebreaker 3, Threaten Def 3 and Fortify Def 1 seal

Did infernal with something other than the usual horse team of Reinhardt, Xander, etc.

I used Clive with Swordbreaker, Axura, Rawrblade Katarina and Camus (he's not in my main team of horsies anymore!)

I went to the left corner.

Clive baits red flier, and thanks to Axura buffs and Swordbreaker only takes 1 damage.

Michalis moves to the side, the other red and blue fliers move downward.

I danced Clive out of the way so he can bait the other sword flier. Camus with Quick Riposte will deal with the lance flier. Katarina oneshots Michalis thanks to Axura and blade buffs. I forget the sequence but somehow Axura now is in front of Katarina to tank the lance foot unit thanks to Triangle Adept.

After that Camus just deals with the Ridersbane swordie, thanks to Grani's Shield.

• 2 months later...

This one was kind of tricky while doing the Infantry Emblem quest but it was only a matter of positioning to put one of the blue fliers behind a wall.

Still these are the teams I used:

Infantry Emblem: Eirika/Nino/PA!Olivia/Klein. BB+ archers OP in this map, Nino made those with Iote's Shield and the lancer explode.

Horse Emblem: Sigurd/Reinhardt/B!Lyn/Priscilla. Poor Cecilia couldn't do anything here so B!Lyn took her place.

Flier Emblem: S!Corrin/Airzura/Hinoka/Elincia. Props to S!Corrin for erasing Michalis and a blue flier on the first turn to negate the buffs.

Armor Emblem: Hector/Black Knight/LA!Eliwood/LA!Lyn. Props to Hector for tanking the red cavalier and to LA!Lyn for toasting Michalis.

Edited by Alexmender

Already finished up here. I found this one a bit easier than Lloyd's overall of course, I still had a few customary screw-ups because I'm not as competent as I'd like to be.

Teams
Infantry: Nino, Klein, Eirika, Ninian
Cavalry: Leo, Reinhardt, Gunnthra, Oscar
Flying: ToD!Nowi, NS!Corrin, SF!Camilla, Hinoka
Armored: ToD!Henry, ToD!Jakob, Black Knight, WE!Tharja

21 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

Can't seem to clear the all-cavalry quest on Infernal, and any subsequent attempts on my own feel like a waste of stamina. Any advice?

I beat Infernal with horses back in November, maybe it could help. I used Xander (Fury 3, QR2, Hone Cav, Reposition, Bonfire, DD3 seal), Camus (Fury 3, Vantage 3, Fortify Cav, Reposition, Bonfire, CD3 seal), Atk/HP Reinhardt (DB3, Lancebreaker 3, Fortify Cav, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Atk+3 seal), and Lyn (Swift Sparrow 2, Sacae’s, Hone Cav, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Spd+3 seal).

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I beat Infernal with horses back in November, maybe it could help. I used Xander (Fury 3, QR2, Hone Cav, Reposition, Bonfire, DD3 seal), Camus (Fury 3, Vantage 3, Fortify Cav, Reposition, Bonfire, CD3 seal), Atk/HP Reinhardt (DB3, Lancebreaker 3, Fortify Cav, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Atk+3 seal), and Lyn (Swift Sparrow 2, Sacae’s, Hone Cav, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Spd+3 seal).

I used the same team, though with slightly different skills, and it worked out! Camus having Grani's Shield instead of Fury helped him tank the Zanbato cavalier. Cheers for the help!

1 minute ago, sdgj1994 said:

I used the same team, though with slightly different skills, and it worked out! Camus having Grani's Shield instead of Fury helped him tank the Zanbato cavalier. Cheers for the help!

Glad it worked out for you!

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Fei Mao @Hilda @Johann @Rafiel's Aria @Ginko @DefaultBeep @eclipse @SatsumaFSoysoy @DarkLordIvy

Even easier than the last one. Last time Ayra at least used Reposition. This time she did literally nothing.

Also It took me till I uploaded this to realize I've been recording in 60FPS. This is 30FPS so it's a little choppy. All my recording settings reset for some reason. My bad there. 

As far as all the quests.

• Infantry: Hero team. Easy mode.
  • Cavalry: Had to run my A Team of Xander/Camus/B!Lyn/Rein to take this one down. Took a couple tries and the right combo of Goads but they did it.
  • Fliers: Two attempts. Had to swap out Palla for my NY!Camilla with Swordbreaker. Then it was cake.
  • Armor: This one took a while, a potion or two with BK/Hector/Effie/ToD!Henry. Turned out the key was Refining Effie's Silver Lance [+DEF] for a bit of extra bulk and swapping out Wary Fighter with Quick Riposte. Not like there was anything else to spend stones on anyways.

Well, I've done it before, I can do it again.

Flier Emblem: 5* Michalis, Hinoka, Valter, Newmilla

Nice and easy. Michalis and Newmilla tank the lance flier and Michalis, Michalis is killed on player phase, Valter and Hinoka are moved in to deal with the sword fliers on the next player phase and Michalis sits to take the lance infantry. Ward Fliers ensures Michalis keeps up his QR and the reduction in offence is negligible.

Horse Emblem: 5* Sigurd, B!Lyn, Camus, Titania

Also first try. Camus with Hone Cav demolishes the Zanbato cav, he also takes a sword flier because of Vantage twice, Lyn takes the other, Sigurd 1-rounds Michalis, Titania takes both lance users.

Armour Emblem: 5* +1 BK, VampHenry, 5* Hector, 4* +9 Wendy

CHRIST THAT LANCER. CHRIST THOSE PEGASI. Handsome Hector would be so much more helpful. If only I had a Sheena Fodder right now for Hector, this would be easier. If Wendy was stronger as well. THIS QUEST IS NUTS.

I am needing help with this one.

Infantry Emblem: 

I'll deal with this when the Armour quest is done, probably use a similar team to what I had back in November.

I have to admit I need help with the armour quest. I am lost as to the layout for this quest

@Zeo Your Ayra didn't reposition this time but you won't deny that Matthew need healing, right? Anyways, great job tanking hits and kill. This is one of easier GHB battle so this time I decide not to record my playthrough. My S!Gaius will one shot those fliers except Michalis. He got killed by eating quad hit. I must admit that I have hard time using my flier team to clear this because they are not fully build yet. I have everything on them except Reposition which is run out.

Slowly but surely working on these quests:

Fliers: Caeda, Summer Corrin, Tana, and NY!Azura. - Blade Tome Corrin just kind of wrecked everything. Caeda too!
Armors: Arden, Hector, Amelia, 4* Effie - I was struggling...and then everything changed when I gave Arden Panic Ploy. PANIC PLOY ARDEN IS KEY.
Infantry: Lukas, Raven, Merric, and Joshua. - I took a really defensive approach. Most of it involved thinks suiciding on Lukas. Bwahahaha. 
Cavalry: Sigurd, Gunnthra, Brave Lyn, and Reinahardt

For this map, using fliers was the easiest. I really like these quests. I think it's fun finding different ways to beat the maps. With the horses, I went up the right, but with armors and infantry teams, I went up the left. Fliers just plowed through the middle. 

@Zeo - Always glad to see your Matthew putting in some work. That was some fantastic work right there. :3 I finally got around to upgrading my Matthew's Rogue Dagger, and the glow looks mighty nice on him. I also recently acquired a spare Takumi. Seeing your Matthew makes me wanna give him that Close Counter, but at the same time, I also really wanna build a Close Counter mage since I already have Close Counter Leon... Stop tempting me!

Huh, managed to one try the Michalis map with my armour team of BK, normal Hector, Effie and Halloween Henry

I just pretty much stayed on the bottom left corner, and baited with the BK. 

Henry was great in deleting the Heavy Spear lancer, while Hector and Effie took care of the fliers on the right side.

@Zeo Always impressed with your Close Counter Matthew. Best use of a Takumi I've seen.

First GHB I've managed to get Ryoma to solo \o/

also for the emblem quests
infantry: ryoma olivia nino lancina: ryoma still did the bulk of the work and the baiting but nino sniped michalis and sharena killed some lances
horse: xander rein blyn priscilla: rein snipes zanbato horse and tanks lance flier (lancebreaker B), retreats and then xander tanks everything while rein and blyn sniped
fliers: palla cherche hinoka scorn: i don't even remember what I did, they killed things
armor: bk hector arden draug: bk soloed most of it with some ward stacks and close def, then hector came in for the slaying spear at the end

Flier emblem was a piece of Cake to clear with. Also, I used Hinoka’s Lance with this and I instantly loved it. Maybe if I pull a +spd or +atk Hinoka, she could see much more use.

Armor Emblem took a few tries, but the main strategy was to have C!Chrom tank the left side while C!Robin killed all the fliers excluding Michalis. Black Knight and Arden were there for Ward armor stacking.

Infantry emblem took a many tries, but I completed it with Klein, Lancebreaker S!Xander, Celica, and PA!Azura

Horse Emblem was completed after two tries, I think, and the team used was Eldigan, Bladethraa, Rienhardt, and Brave Lyn