Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Glad you like it. I don't know if I get also the others done (especially Ursula), but I could tag you too if you want.

Recorded so far:

Reveal hidden contents

Lloyd (Infernal GHB):

Chrom & Lissa (Infernal BHB):

F!Grima (Inferal LHB):

I remember have done also Arvis at least, but didn't make a video. 

I would mind getting tagged. Also, I saw the Chrom and Lissa BHB and the Grima one

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Poimagic said:

Oh shoot, sorry for the mis-type. I meant to say that I wouldn’t mind.

Cool, thanks. I thought so, but I would have felt stupid to tag you without being 100% sure about that. 

15 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Okay, I'm kind of productive with my one-turn clears. So much, I already reached my weekly Vimeo upload limit (any other hosting suggestions?).

Is Youtube not an option? Alternatively, streamable looks like you can host videos without creating an account. Haven't tried it though.  

The skills and stats had to go into some screenshots:

I'm jelly of the boons/banes on your Nowi and Elincia. Nowi(I think someone is trolling Gamepedia) looks like she's +Res/-Def while Elincia seems to be +Spd/-Def. In comparison, my Nowi is +Def/-Atk and Elincia is +Atk/-Spd. Fun fact, +Atk Elincia+0 with Attack + 3 seal with S rank ally support(adjacent) after 2 stacks of Goad Fliers on initiation(Death Blow 3) does just enough damage to KO Michalis with a Fortify Fliers buff in 2 hits on Infernal. 

@Zeo @mcsilas @Infinite Dreams @DLNarshen @tobuShogi (new to the tag list, hope you don't mind).

You're welcome to tag me in future clears. It's interesting to see how others beat these maps.

Here is the video:

I was wondering how you would deal with the Zanbato Cavalier. The first time I used Smite for a special map clear was during Oliver's GHB when they introduced trenches. My Reinhardt already has Smite inherited when I gave him DB2 from Effie so I decided to use Smite to get my horses onto the trench tiles. Even with Smite, it still took 3 turns to set up my formation.

Horse Emblem for me, didn't require much. 

4* Gunter, Brave Lyn with some skill inheritance, 3* Sully at Level 28 with Draw Back, and 4*Ursula did it. 

Gunter is just there for Hone Calvary. 

Ursula needs Speed +2 seal or equivalent. Actually, Hone Calvary could cover that, but I didn't have that in mind when I did the run since I put the seal on her. 

Brave Lyn needs Moonbow and Quickened Pulse seal, and an attack buff to take out the lance flier, hence Gunter's Hone Calvary. This is to protect Ursula from said lance flier after Ursula takes out the Zanbato cavalier. My also had Swordbreaker and Draw Back from a sacrificed Sully since I have way too many Sullys and my barracks are almost full. Mine has the summoner support, but Swordbreaker would make popping the sword fliers trivial even with lesser bows. 

Michalis won't be able to handle Ursula and Lyn when buffed by Hone Calvary.. Might take a bit of coaxing to get Michalis to the right spot though. 

Without Lyn, inheriting Lancebreaker and Swordbreaker on some Sapphire/Ruby users are pretty much the only way you'll make it out of the map alive if you are F2P. 

Edited by SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre

5 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

Is Youtube not an option? Alternatively, streamable looks like you can host videos without creating an account. Haven't tried it though.  

I'm not crazy about staying anonymous in Internet, but I like to keep RL stuff separated (everything related to my Google account is RL related). It's already enough when family members search stuff on my tablet and I get a lot of uninteresting YouTube suggestions because of this. 

Streamable looks simple enough, thanks. I'll check if there are similar limits like with Vimeo (which is nice because it lacks advertisement). Perhaps I'll pay one or two months for Vimeo, if the payment options fit my preferences. 

I'm jelly of the boons/banes on your Nowi and Elincia. Nowi(I think someone is trolling Gamepedia) looks like she's +Res/-Def while Elincia seems to be +Spd/-Def. In comparison, my Nowi is +Def/-Atk and Elincia is +Atk/-Spd.

You are right about the natures. I'm aware that I have been incredibly lucky with most of my 5* exclusive melee Fliers being +SPD (Minerva, Azura, Elincia, Tana), except for NY!Camilla (+HP/-SPD), Hinoka (+DEF/-HP) and Myrrh (+ATK/-SPD). Even more so if you think I got only one copy of each. 

I've been unlucky only with my Corrin (+RES/-ATK and another one with -SPD) and NY!Camilla, but they still do their job very well and I guess also your Elincia and Nowi work fine. Especially Nowi shouldn't care much about that bane if running a Blade tome. 

You're welcome to tag me in future clears. It's interesting to see how others beat these maps.

Cool! I can't promise when I'll be able to do the next one. Some of the daily GHBs will need some other units, but I'm out of GF fodder. Perhaps I'll do Minerva and Maria next. 

I was wondering how you would deal with the Zanbato Cavalier. The first time I used Smite for a special map clear was during Oliver's GHB when they introduced trenches. My Reinhardt already has Smite inherited when I gave him DB2 from Effie so I decided to use Smite to get my horses onto the trench tiles. Even with Smite, it still took 3 turns to set up my formation.

It's fun how certain underused skills become very valuable on these maps. Also Lunge has been crucial to solve Lloyd's GHB in one turn. 

@mampfoid Brilliant Smite!!! I've never seen it used that way before! Galeforce is awesome as always but watching I was sitting there wondering how you were going to nuke both the lance and sword enemy units on the respective opposites of the screen. Caught me by surprise there.

Also didn't know you had a ToD!Nowi. Neat.

Edited by Zeo

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Also didn't know you had a ToD!Nowi. Neat.

I got all Fliers so far, except F!Grima and regular Camilla (I accidentally wasted her last copy on Azama for Savage Blow. 

On the Smite: It was my idea from the beginning, but it took me a while to make it work. Pretty satisfying to find an unusual solution that works in the end. 

On 3/31/2018 at 5:51 AM, mampfoid said:

@Zeo @mcsilas @Infinite Dreams @DLNarshen @tobuShogi (new to the tag list, hope you don't mind).

Here is the video:

Roy had to stay home again, his mount has to study for his mountain licence first. The real VIP of this clear was a late Bartre, who gave his Smite to Cherche. 

Whoa, nice use of Smite!  Impressive!  :D:

17 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I've been unlucky only with my Corrin (+RES/-ATK and another one with -SPD) and NY!Camilla, but they still do their job very well and I guess also your Elincia and Nowi work fine. Especially Nowi shouldn't care much about that bane if running a Blade tome. 

It's fun how certain underused skills become very valuable on these maps. Also Lunge has been crucial to solve Lloyd's GHB in one turn. 

Ugh, NS!Corrin brings back bad memories. 450+ orbs onto that legendary banner plus all the orbs I threw at her initial banner was not enough for me to get her. I'm still going to summon for her when she gets back, especially considering I recently pulled ToD!Nowi, which means I finally have Hone Fliers support. 

As for Elincia, I only have her attack enemies that she can take down in 2 hits so she does her job well in that regard. I only pulled Nowi recently so she's currently just Hone Fliers support. 

• 3 weeks later...

@Zeo @mcsilas

First off, I’ve never seen your video for this one before @mampfoid It’s really impressive! I loved the use of smite. I must say however, when I saw ToD!Nowi I was hoping there’d be some warping shenanigans with her but sadly she didn’t even have Grimoire.

I don’t have many horses build up so these horse quests aren’t the easiest for me. The horses at my disposal right now though are a lot better than what it was when these quests first arrived. This is one of the few instances I’m glad Priscilla is +def. I’m too lazy to give Roy a brave bow so I just decided to give him breakers as needed.

@NegativeExponents- Hey thanks, it was really satisfying to find a solution for this one. I didn't think of Nowis tome (she equipped the red Bladetome as soon as she had the necessary SP), perhaps I'll try to use it in one of the next GHBs. 

Glad to see you like WoM shenanigans as well, also nice use of panic staff. Your Cav team doesn't seem weak at all, I'm missing Chrom in my roster. There is few space in this map for movement, so horses have a hard time, but you solved it well and quite original too. 

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@NegativeExponents- Hey thanks, it was really satisfying to find a solution for this one. I didn't think of Nowis tome (she equipped the red Bladetome as soon as she had the necessary SP), perhaps I'll try to use it in one of the next GHBs. 

Glad to see you like WoM shenanigans as well, also nice use of panic staff. Your Cav team doesn't seem weak at all, I'm missing Chrom in my roster. There is few space in this map for movement, so horses have a hard time, but you solved it well and quite original too. 

Oh well not anymore. My biggest issue before was lack of non-blue cavs. With Chrom I finally have a red cav. Roy also helps out a tremendous amount now that I have him since I don’t have B!Lyn. At this point I’m only missing a green cav but I have Alfonse now so I just need to train him up.

I look forward to seeing Nowi in action then when you find a use for her tome.

3 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Oh well not anymore. My biggest issue before was lack of non-blue cavs. With Chrom I finally have a red cav. Roy also helps out a tremendous amount now that I have him since I don’t have B!Lyn. At this point I’m only missing a green cav but I have Alfonse now so I just need to train him up.

I look forward to seeing Nowi in action then when you find a use for her tome.

Hmm, since Xander got his rerun, the red spot shouldn't be an issue anymore. I ran him for months in my main team along with Nino and Azura until I got BH!Roy and Sigurd. 

Uh, I wanted Alfonse but didn't get him. He would have been a Galeforce candidate. I accidentally got a green Olwen and was surprised how strong she is. Along with her nice art, she became my current favorite green cav and will be featured in the Zephiel one-turn clear (as soon as I get GF for Oscar). 

Grimoire seems like an alternative to WoM if you can't fullfill the HP requirement (usually the case with Cherche), but Nowi can't inherit GF. I'll keep her in mind, perhaps there will be the chance to use her. 

@mampfoid I think I have recordings for all the rotation GHBs now...it’s just a matter of getting them up here. (Edit: wait...looks like I don’t have a Berkut recording. Whoops.)

Thank goodness I gave Tana Drive Def a while back...though I probably could have just taught Roy Spur Def, since I have a few spare copies of Robin (High Deliverer).

Spoiler

Edited by LordFrigid

• 3 months later...

@mampfoid

Askr Refina series is back. This Time we tackle Michalis with no Skill Inheritance and just Seals and the Refine the Askr-trio got.

Sharenas refine and Alfonses refine were key, allowing Sharena to take care of the buffed flyers and for Alfonse to safely tank Michalis easy with his Triangle Adept refine.

• 2 months later...

Again, had to do a bit of seal shuffling, but after I remembered that I had summer Tana, things fell into place nicely. Summer Tana, bow Hinoka, NY!Azura, and Bride Ninian did the trick. Maybe I could've done it with summer Takumi instead of bow Hinoka, but I think the team was closely packed together so I'm not sure how important atk/spd bond ended up being to the clear.

I ended up running a slightly mixed team over full fliers. Dull Ranged meant Summer Corrin wasn't terribly useful. So I subbed her out for Lilina. After Cherche got a pick on the blue flier, Michalis was kind enough to wander into range of a tile I could Reposition Lilina to without his buddies being able to reach her. Since I gave her Axebreaker waaaaay back when she was regularly killing Hectors and Amelias in AA for me, she turned Michalis into paste. Once that was done with, it was just a matter of kiting everything else around until they left themselves open. Highlight of said kiting was Cordelia casually tossing Lilina over a mountain. In retrospect, Cordelia with the Guidance Seal instead of the Heavy Blade Seal would have allowed for some real disrespectful Lilina shenanigans.