Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

@mampfoid All I needed to do was separate Michalis from his flier blob, but it ended up as this convoluted mess.

This took me less attempts than Abyssal Ursula thanks to this team having pretty much all the Skill Inheritance it ever needs, but there were more than a few close calls. The worst part was that F!Grima could just barely NOT tank Michalis' Blazing Thunder nuke at the start of the map because of that one jerk with Hone Fliers, so most of my time was spent figuring out how to separate the two - fortunately Bridal Ninian was tasty bait. The second worst part was figuring out how to kill the Lance Flier and the Sword Flier at the same time, which required me to charge Groom Marth's Ignis just a bit (hence why I let him harass the Lance Flier early on) and give B!Ninian a Speed seal. Once they were out of the way, F!Grima could tank Michalis and clean up.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did it with 3 Dancers and Sonya again. That one was difficult. I needed to take Michalis and the Blue flier out pretty fast so I can deal damage to the red fliers. 
The Maximum damage my Sonya could deal was 5 to any red fliers if there was no support.
So far the only GHB I can't come up with anything for this setup is Ursula. 

Edited by Stroud

Abyssal Michalis in one turn: 

Airzura is on the last step getting the full GF treatment. Too bad the Smite trick from my infernal clear didn't work anymore. Elincia OP, she takes care of fliers no matter the color. 

@mcsilas @Zeo

6 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

The strategy is pretty similar to Infernal. I didn’t run the calculations to see if Minerva could take down Michalis, though I suspect the answer is “not with Galeforce”. An experiment for another day, perhaps.

Killing mutated optimal Michalis with Minverva would be cool, but already your WoM-Drag-Back-Slide to the top border with Clair was great. I'm not seeing her often. 

43 minutes ago, Some Jerk said:

@mampfoid All I needed to do was separate Michalis from his flier blob, but it ended up as this convoluted mess.

Grima is laughing at this Abyssal map, Michalis feeling teased is hunting her all over the map. Grima eats his special and laughs even more at his early death. Congrats! 

Fun fact: for anyone here who rolled Laegjarn, Michalis happens to start with Fortify and Hone to fuel Níu. With a Fortify buff to Laegjarn herself, she can kick Michalis' teeth in and solo the entire map.

Edited by Some Jerk

@mampfoid

Nice job, as always! Using Brave to punch though Pavise was nice. Can’t wait to see Galeforce Azura...the biggest reason I haven’t given my Azura (Celebratory Spirit) a Galeforce kit is that she would be competing with Tana for the Heavy Blade seal. Someday, maybe. QP exists if the foe can counterattack, after all (which I’ve already done when using both Tana and Minerva).

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Killing mutated optimal Michalis with Minverva would be cool, but already your WoM-Drag-Back-Slide to the top border with Clair was great. I'm not seeing her often.

I took a brief look, and not even Hauteclere (Eff) boosted Luna would take him out. Not that she even has the Hauteclere refinement. It was pretty nuts.

Clair will return. I still think the Legendary Lyn battle will need her. If I only need one blue Flier, I usually opt to use Tana unless there’s competition for the Heavy Blade seal, or a host of red/blue cavs or armors.

Edited by LordFrigid

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Can’t wait to see Galeforce Azura...the biggest reason I haven’t given my Azura (Celebratory Spirit) a Galeforce kit is that she would be competing with Tana for the Heavy Blade seal.

No need for the seal if you make her quad. In my world Cordelia is booked on the seal, it seems to be a blue seal ... 

2 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

I took a brief look, and not even Hauteclere (Eff) boosted Luna would take him out. Not that she even has the Hauteclere refinement. It was pretty nuts.

That guy is just crazily boosted and in turn 1 the buffs are not even taking effect. Elincia had less problems taking out the blue and the red flyer than Michalis. I had to give her LnD3 from a 5* Hana, since Swift Sparrow wouldn't have been enough ATK-wise and surprisingly also SPD-wise. 

My first approach was to DEF-ploy Michalis, but then I needed another Goad to make Cordelia double the red Flier who was under Drive SPD. 

Opted for some movement skills for a faster clear.

Notes:

Turn 2: 

• Cordelia needed the attack buff from one Goad Fliers to KO the Slaying Edge sword flier after Hone Fliers boost in 2 hits
  • Elincia needed to move to the tile south of ToD!Nowi so Michalis and the lance flier moves to the right side of the impassable wall

Turn 3:

• Moved Elincia to give Cordelia the attack boost needed from Goad Fliers to KO the Silver Sword sword flier in 2 hits
Spoiler

Edited by tobuShogi

Note for anyone who wants to use a unit who usually uses a Firesweep Bow, they don't need to, none of the enemies can counterattack Ranged anyways.

My Ranged Fliers +2 dancers were the heroes, and because Hinoka didn't need the Firesweep Bow she could use her Warrior Princess instead, and that helped secure just enough damage to help secure the win. Otherwise it was mostly target the non-Iotes fliers first, eliminate Michalis, then poke away at the remaining enemy.

In retrospect, this is probably the easiest map. Pulled it off with Seth, Clive, Narcian, and Ursula, and didn't have to really do a whole lot to make that work.

Im believe Im being converted to team Galeforce, who needs Aether anyway amiright? Still can't really shake that enemy phase playstyle though. Michalis proved quite untankable for me, damn that 61 attack.

Edited by Falter

8 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Michalis doubling my +Speed 5* triangle adept Olivia is so stupid.

If you can get her Def up to 41, he can't kill her even when he has buffs.

No it's fine, thank you but I worked it out after a while by mixing it up to change the enemy patterns but I'm just getting annoyed at how silly these stat inflations are getting at.

Dude should just not be a speed demon.

Edited by Vince777

Uuuuuugh these are getting really obnoxious. I finally managed to barely beat Infernal just today with F-Grima, Dagger Olivia, Ninian, and Veronica, and now I've got to make something new work for Abyssal because Grima dies to Michalis, buffs or no. I noticed the recommendation for Laegjarn, but mine is +HP -DEF so that idea crashed and burned pretty fast, although I don't actually have a Hone or Fortify Fliers right now and had to try and make do with Goad and Ward(hint it doesn't work). To be fair, she did her best, and kills Michalis on my turn after he drops her to one HP...so long as I have that Goad Fliers active, without my Palla she can't double him. Yes, yes, I know, just use Repo or Swap, but I don't have them on Fliers right now and can't use them for that. Any other recommendations for me to try tonight/next week?

8 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Uuuuuugh these are getting really obnoxious. I finally managed to barely beat Infernal just today with F-Grima, Dagger Olivia, Ninian, and Veronica, and now I've got to make something new work for Abyssal because Grima dies to Michalis, buffs or no. I noticed the recommendation for Laegjarn, but mine is +HP -DEF so that idea crashed and burned pretty fast, although I don't actually have a Hone or Fortify Fliers right now and had to try and make do with Goad and Ward(hint it doesn't work). To be fair, she did her best, and kills Michalis on my turn after he drops her to one HP...so long as I have that Goad Fliers active, without my Palla she can't double him. Yes, yes, I know, just use Repo or Swap, but I don't have them on Fliers right now and can't use them for that. Any other recommendations for me to try tonight/next week?

Well, you have Palla, so that's something. Any Ruby Sword user (or red with Triangle Adept 3) can't be finished off by Michalis if their Def is 41 (or 37 if he's unbuffed). Consider using Close Def seal, Tactics skills, Wards, etc. Now, bear in mind that this unit can't rely on things like Axebreaker or Quick Riposte since Michalis will definitely bring their HP down, but if the rest of your team can kill/bait/block the other fliers and the cavalry, then you'll be in a good enough place to take your time.

Also remember that there are no mages, dragons, or ranged attackers in this fight, so you can freely use units with crap Res and you won't need any Distant Counter. Legendary Robin is great in a lot of things, but her well-roundedness can't carry her through this kind of stat-inflated onslaught (especially against the pegasi who have way too much Res). My own setup included:

• Narcian: Had to give him Guard 1 and QR seal, allowing him to counter kill the lance flier. This was essential to my approach since I could let them come to me. After that, he hid back and did a little positioning until the end, where he killed the lance infantry. If you try the same approach, be warned that his Atk is poor, making him worse off than someone else like Cherche or Minerva. If he baits that lance guy and doesn't get the kill, it's a loss since they'll pull him in close for Michalis to kill him.
  • Seth: Only job was to take on Michalis, which was easy enough. If you have a flier who can do his job, then you can bait Michalis with them. Be careful that Blazing Thunder doesn't hit anyone else though.
  • Clive: Buffed Seth and also used QR to counter kill the sword fliers. Practically any bulky lance user can pull this off without a sweat. I don't recommend blue dragons since those fliers have great Res.
  • Ursula: Used Blarwolf on the cavalry guy. My Ursula has enough Spd to do this though, and I think most might need some support. Just remember that the cavalry guy has Null Cavalry.

Other than baiting either Michalis or the lance flier, another good option is to go west and take out the sword flier on the left. It'll depend on what kind of firepower your archers have though, and you might want a dancer if you're bringing an archer in.

Been trying PheonixMaster's Abyssal strategy (though, I don't have Subaki, so I use either Nowi or Shigure) but Swordbreaker on B!Lyn makes the Sword Cav follow Michalis rather than come up the top of the map and I always end up trapped. I got really close earlier but can't for the life of me remember what I did since I've changed up the strats too many times.

His first strat never goes past the first round since IDK why but the Lance Flier will always attack the lance user I try to use, Drag Back, and Michalis kills them~

EDIT: Ok, after doing this for literal hours, I finally was able to maneuver around in enough circles to kill Michalis. Nowi's Escape Route literally saves me because at some point, my team will get separated and I need her to be able to teleport to the other side to bring Michalis back into Lyn's range. Same for Silvia, being able to fly around with WOM was pretty much necessary~ 

Edited by Landmaster

1 hour ago, Johann said:

Well, you have Palla, so that's something. Any Ruby Sword user (or red with Triangle Adept 3) can't be finished off by Michalis if their Def is 41 (or 37 if he's unbuffed). Consider using Close Def seal, Tactics skills, Wards, etc. Now, bear in mind that this unit can't rely on things like Axebreaker or Quick Riposte since Michalis will definitely bring their HP down, but if the rest of your team can kill/bait/block the other fliers and the cavalry, then you'll be in a good enough place to take your time.

Also remember that there are no mages, dragons, or ranged attackers in this fight, so you can freely use units with crap Res and you won't need any Distant Counter. Legendary Robin is great in a lot of things, but her well-roundedness can't carry her through this kind of stat-inflated onslaught (especially against the pegasi who have way too much Res). My own setup included:

• Narcian: Had to give him Guard 1 and QR seal, allowing him to counter kill the lance flier. This was essential to my approach since I could let them come to me. After that, he hid back and did a little positioning until the end, where he killed the lance infantry. If you try the same approach, be warned that his Atk is poor, making him worse off than someone else like Cherche or Minerva. If he baits that lance guy and doesn't get the kill, it's a loss since they'll pull him in close for Michalis to kill him.
  • Seth: Only job was to take on Michalis, which was easy enough. If you have a flier who can do his job, then you can bait Michalis with them. Be careful that Blazing Thunder doesn't hit anyone else though.
  • Clive: Buffed Seth and also used QR to counter kill the sword fliers. Practically any bulky lance user can pull this off without a sweat. I don't recommend blue dragons since those fliers have great Res.
  • Ursula: Used Blarwolf on the cavalry guy. My Ursula has enough Spd to do this though, and I think most might need some support. Just remember that the cavalry guy has Null Cavalry.

Other than baiting either Michalis or the lance flier, another good option is to go west and take out the sword flier on the left. It'll depend on what kind of firepower your archers have though, and you might want a dancer if you're bringing an archer in.

Sounds good, I've got a Narcian I've put some stuff into and am planning to give Dorcas' Hack-O-Lantern to, so I think that takes care of Guard, and I should have the QR Seal. I'll give Palla a chance as well, I don't normally use Gem Weapons but I may have to make an exception here, I suppose. I'll need to check my Ursula's stats, though, I haven't started Merging any of these yet so they're just +0 right now. Either way, thanks, I'll give this a chance next week, I'm not going to be able to get on mobile for the rest of tonight.