Grand Hero Battle: Michalis

Raven

@mampfoid Beautiful Astra to clear the map. It's gotten harder, but you and your units have also significantly grown.

@Junkhead What... did I watch just now?...

Just gonna tag all the people I tagged for the original clear a year back.

@mcsilas @Fei Mao @Hilda @Johann @Rafiel's Aria @Ginko @eclipse @SatsumaFSoysoy @DefaultBeep @DarkLordIvy + @Alexmender and @NegativeExponents- who weren't watching my clears back then.

I was rushing to clear this the first week. I threw a lot of stuff at it (including Bow Hinoka) but nothing worked so I missed it the first go around. But by the time the second week came, I already knew what I wanted to do. Priscilla Pain+ nonsense with a Matthew meatshield. A dancer to help Priscilla ease the enemies' pain and a Lukas wall for good measure. I could have probably used any physical blue, but Lukas doesn't get enough attention and he's one of my +10's so he deserves it. Using the strategy I had in my head I cleared it in 2 tries.

Original Infernal clear for Nostalgia:

Spoiler

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid Beautiful Astra to clear the map. It's gotten harder, but you and your units have also significantly grown.

Thanks!

Astra is always satisfying, but on the other hand it's also terrifying that this skill is even needed for some kills (and not being used for funny overkill like usually). 

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

I was rushing to clear this the first week. I threw a lot of stuff at it (including Bow Hinoka) but nothing worked so I missed it the first go around. But by the time the second week came, I already knew what I wanted to do. Priscilla Pain+ nonsense with a Matthew meatshield. A dancer to help Priscilla ease the enemies' pain and a Lukas wall for good measure. I could have probably used any physical blue, but Lukas doesn't get enough attention and he's one of my +10's so he deserves it. Using the strategy I had in my head I cleared it in 2 tries.

Strange to see Matthew on a different team. 

You found the perfect bottleneck for Matthew on the right side, of course savage Pain was the perfect support. Well calculated to let the Cav survive with 1 HP, otherwise Michalis would have attacked too early. 

I could practically hear Lukas' chuckle having these paltry abyssal sword Fliers tickle him, nice to see his incredible bulk on a clear - congrats! 

this is driving me crazy. 
I don't have Close Def. 1 so i can't use Black Knight or any other of my armoured units. 
My armoured units don't have enough HP to run Panic Ploy
My archers are too squishy to take a hit, and Jaffar isn't an archer so while he can run the double pain method, he' (or my dancer) are going to die. 

i'm obviously not gonna figure this out in like 20 minutes. 
Is this possible with B!Lyn and some dancers? (I don't even know who i could bait, because of stupid Flier Formation). 

@Zeo Grats man, Matthew still as tanky even on Abyssal. Hope you get your last copy for him soon.

Side note: Its a shame your boy Yun Seong didn't make it in the base game for SC6, hopefully him or Hwang will be in the season 1 DLC or 2.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Do you mean the seal? It should be available at the sacred seal forge. 

yah i found it earlier this afternoon. (some of them i am like where are these things - then i realise i haven't forged them yet)
i can do one level (I don't have oodles of the colour shard stuff).

22 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I can do one level (I don't have oodles of the colour shard stuff).

You mean badges from the tower? That'd be a good reason to not grind XP/SP in any other mode than the training tower for a while. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

You mean badges from the tower? That'd be a good reason to not grind XP/SP in any other mode than the training tower for a while. 

yah i have like a handful but if i use them - i won't be able to level up some people (which i think a lot of pieces went the first time)
and i only have 734 Silver coin things. 

yah i think that's basically going to be my play  use the tower, and i can earn more badges.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Late to the party. I've have managed a proper clear when this came out but have always wondered if it was possible to get Michalis to beat Abyssal Michalis, with some buffs of course.  And it is :'D 

@mampfoid @Zeo @Nanima

Spoiler

Oh and Zeo, I noticed your clear above too. Matthew was so sick x'D. He just walled everything on the right side. Michalis couldn't even touch him.

1 hour ago, ruruo said:

Late to the party. I've have managed a proper clear when this came out but have always wondered if it was possible to get Michalis to beat Abyssal Michalis, with some buffs of course.  And it is :'D 

@mampfoid @Zeo @Nanima

Hide contents

Oh and Zeo, I noticed your clear above too. Matthew was so sick x'D. He just walled everything on the right side. Michalis couldn't even touch him.

Jeorge being used as a meat shield hurtch X(

But this was cool, Michalis' attack is really insane~ O_O Really nice showcase for him~ 

@ruruo That is the boldest strategy I've ever seen anyone use for this map, and that's saying something because I thought I was pretty bold with mine. You just sent him right up to the boss and he tanked him. The Ignis bombs were also some of the most terrifying I've ever seen, and as you can see I have a +10 Lukas so I've seen some scary stuff. I'd hate to have to fight a unit like that in Arena without bows or magic.

@Landmaster Q_Q yes... sorry. I hated using Maria as a shield too.
Glad you liked :3 Mich has been a good boi  King(??). He's very reliable as a melee ep tank, and luckily this map is filled with melee units. Magic, arrows, and getting baited on the other hand ... x'D 

@Zeo Thanks! I had to try and tank the boss. There can only be one true Michalis x'D. Also it's still Bonfire, but with Hauteclere's refine at work, and + defence skills from the other allies. I just hope he isn't going to suffer too much from Null Follow-Up in the future because this build is so dependent on QR.

@ruruo Very bold starting move tanking Michalis ... With Michalis, but still. xD He really held up well for you throughout the battle, even in the face of the Weapon Triangle. Maria really did her best keeping everyone up and running and even taking a blow for them. She's a tough little cookie. 

On 11.11.2018 at 4:19 AM, ruruo said:

Haha, never would have thought to see Jeorge being the roadblock in an infernal map. 

Cool achievement giving Michalis all kills, he ate boss-Michalis' special like a champ.

Congrats! 

@mampfoid It's Abyssal x'D In infernal Michalis can take 0 dmg while killing everything, which is why I pushed for him to just kill everything for this one, had faith he could do it.

If Jeorge can be useful in any way I will try to keep him on the team, even if it's being a roadblock x'DD 

In case you're curious, the infernal map:

Spoiler

• 1 month later...

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @Landmaster @Azuris @Nanima @Baldrick @daisy jane @eclipse @ruruo @DarkLordIvy @SatsumaFSoysoy

Old Clears: 

Spoiler

Only took 2 tries for Morgan. All it took was a quick switch to Vantage for our little mage and it was done. What was the most interesting however was how Morgan parallels Matthew, as his was the only clear to take place on the left side of the map.

What took so long was my Memu deciding to not work anymore resulting in a couple of hours of wheel spinning until I eventually reinstalled which fixed the problem, but why bore you with the details. I'm going to finish things and technical problems shant stop me.

In the end though, this map disappeared just as quickly as it came.

GG Michalis. Sleep well.

Edited by Zeo

4 hours ago, Zeo said:

Only took 2 tries for Morgan. All it took was a quick switch to Vantage for our little mage and it was done. What was the most interesting however was how Morgan parallels Matthew, as his was the only clear to take place on the left side of the map.

Sorry you had problems with the emulator, but in the end you were able to record a nice clear. Parallels to Matthew were indeed obvious, Ninian tanking Michalis was one of the highlights. 

Do you still have some in the pipeline for next week? 

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Do you still have some in the pipeline for next week? 

I have to do Morgan clears for Narcian, Zephiel, Navarre and Camus. Probably special clears for Zephiel and Camus with a maybe for Navarre and a probably not for Narcian. So that's monday and tuesday. No plans to revisit Hector & Matt's BHB so it's coasting until the big LHBs, after that it's Klein/Clarine and that's a wrap.

So yeah, this will be the last truly busy week. Tuesday might not happen though since, you know, Christmas. That'll leave me till the 1st. It's not like I have to upload the last clear the day it comes out though so it's fine.

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo Wow, that's quite a schedule. Taking a free day on Christmas is probably a good idea. :-)

I just might. LHB's carry the biggest mental tax since I actually have to figure out and beat the map around what's likely to be a very busy time. I'm already tired at this point. Just driven.