Is it possible to restart a chapter?

Versailles

I'm on the chapter where you recruit Geitz, but I forgot I need Dart to recruit him. I didn't choose him when I chose my units and I can't find any option in game to restart the chapter. I would have just went back to a save state before the battle but, unfortunately I saved when the battle already started, so if I went back to that state I still wouldn't be able to add Dart to my army. There probably is an option to restart but I'm just too dumb to find it.

When I do that, I'm only given the options to either resume chapter or start a new game. It must be the emulator I'm using. Oh well, I guess I'll go on without Geitz. 

Spoiler

2ab0a562e9.png

The issue is probably that you weren't actually making proper regular saves, just using save states.

Make sure to use regular saves next time you play through the game; they'll work just fine, and are in fact the intended way of saving your progress. They'll let you avoid stuff like this.