Which Prepromotes are better? FE6 or FE7

Harvey

Still means nothing when her skill is low as well as magic. Might as well hold those staves till you get Niime.

Honestly I'm not even 100% sure if the skill affects the accuracy of using status staves. Seriously I assumed it doesn't.

Also she has 11 magic which allows her to rescue people 11 tiles away - still pretty damn great.
As for using status staves, yes, she's not good. However she still can put low res units like dracos or Douglas to sleep. Tbh the sleep stave isn't that required anyways.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Magillanica Lou Mayvin said:

Honestly I'm not even 100% sure if the skill affects the accuracy of using status staves. Seriously I assumed it doesn't.

It does, but only by 1 accuracy per point compared to 6 per Mag.

I was only mentioning non-offensive staves though, @Harvey, so you're not really making a point there. This ain't Thracia.

Since it's technically relevant I'd like to point out that Cecilia has more magic than 20/1 Clarine on average, so if Cecilia's magic is shit than Clarine is even worse off, especially considering that there's no way you'll have a 20/1 Clarine by Chapter 14 unless you've been turtling the fuck out of every single map.

I do like FE7's Prepromotes... I am particularly fond of using Pent and Louise and Harken and Isadora.

FE6 though, I use Marcus and Zealot a.k.a Jerrot although I am more fond of using Niime because Dark Magic + High Stave rank. If ever I'm in the mood for a high-MOV unit Zerg Rush, then I let Percival join in the slaughter of enemies. Hee hee hee!

Edited by Frosty

8 hours ago, Harvey said:

So what? The option is there for those who want to do it and I'd rather do that and put up with a healer who joins at the wrong time.

Doesn't matter since she joins at the wrong time like I said before. The timing of units also plays a role here and if seeing her join in a wrong time where you most likely will have a better healer(which is clarine btw), there's very little reason for her to exist except for support reasons.

"So what" is right. Because who'd go completely out of their way to raise a Sage's staff level when it's blatantly unrealistic to expect them to get above D rank? You, yourself, and you?

Forgot about the guiding ring shortage already? Because if Clarine doesn't get that one guiding ring, she automatically loses.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

• 1 month later...

FE6: I like using Jerrot/Zealot over Marcus (though the latter is definitely useful in his own right) as an auxiliary mounted unit for the early-midgame since his bases aren't bad, though his low growth rates make him suffer later on. That's about when I replace him with Percival, since he does everything Jerrot does but far more effectively and efficiently. Plus, his resistance is respectable for a mounted melee unit. On normal mode I sometimes use Echidna and Igrene for a few chapters as well, though neither turn out to be as good as their unpromoted counterparts. 

FE7: Pent and Harken are excellent units. The latter is a panacea to an RNG-screwed Raven whereas Pent already comes with impressive stats fresh out of the box. I also use Jaffar for the few chapters he's available in, since his offensive capabilities are decent for a class that doesn't often hit too hard.