Official Twitter quiz for Orbs and Feathers

VincentASM

Well, now I feel slightly less bad about the 1986 thing in Hard.

...Though I, too, need to (re)play Mystery now. I mean, the version I have access to is New Mystery, but I could stand to find Mystery.

(...After playing Xenoblade recently, the whole 'being called Beast' thing made me think of Dunban, and how different he is to the soft-spoken Lords that were actually options. Why wasn't Ike or someone on the list as a red herring?)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The answer is Batta, obviously.

Unfortunately, I've never played FE3, FE11, or FE12 (fully) in Japanese. So I don't know where exactly to find this.

The only place Roy could be called a beast is meeting Clarine's signature 無礼者, but she never does when I played it a month ago. And it's clear it's different from けだもの.

Edit: It's Marth.

Book 2 Chapter 1.

Yumina calls him a beast during the seize convo.

[ユミナ] (下)
けだもの!!
近よらないで!
それ以上 近よれば
わたし達も 死にます!!▼

[マルス] (下)
ちがうんだ!
ぼく達は・・・▼

Edited by shadowofchaos

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

The answer is Batta, obviously.

Unfortunately, I've never played FE3, FE11, or FE12 (fully) in Japanese. So I don't know where exactly to find this.

Obviously, but due to some perfidy he's not on the poll.

I found けだもの spoken by Yumina/Yulia here which—if I'm not as dumb as usual—is Book 2's Japanese script:

[ユミナ] (下)

けだもの!!
近よらないで!
それ以上 近よれば
わたし達も 死にます!!

[マルス] (下)

ちがうんだ!
ぼく達は・・・

The next lines after hers are Marth's, so it fits.

42 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Is this even real?

Man, people take numbers on a screen way too damn seriously.

Oh, it's that guy. I recognise him from my infrequent browsing of that hellhole. He's basically the most elitist person I've ever seen, and has a major superiority complex. I don't suggest trying to interact with him.

1 minute ago, pianime94 said:

Tbf, GameFaqs is a place to harvest cancer.

I feel a lump already just from sheer exposure.

Like... lol.

If they get evidence that they're wrong... they'll bash the evidence and result.

Talk about being... ethnocentric (if that's the proper word for this). Seems like that CeruleanGamer user forgets that Fire Emblem is a Japanese RPG first and foremost and that the Twitter quiz is aimed at the Japanese playerbase.

Wow. To think Gamefaqs was not already that much of a salt mine. Talk about taking it a step higher. As someone who really loves New Mystery of the Emblem, this is just an insult to me. Those FE casuals acting like they know everything and getting angry at the Japanese who has access to all the games whereas the west only has access to FE7-FE14. They probably played a translated version of FE6 just cause of Roy in smash (but let's not talk about that). I'm surprised no one has told them to at least watch a video of a translated FE12 playthrough. That scene isn't even that far into the game.

EDIT: Reading that thread right now. Poor @shadowofchaos, having to actually go there to deal with them. What made you think that was a good idea? XD

Edited by Falcom

17 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

Is this even real?

Man, people take numbers on a screen way too damn seriously.

. . .don't give that guy any more attention, please. . .for the sake of my sanity. . .

17 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

...Well, this might be the first time 'Lunatic' difficulty meant it.

...Scratch that, Lunatic+ from Awakening beat it. Oh well, one more for the pile.

Lunatic+ from FE12 has it beat, methinks.  At least Awakening's Lunatic+ would sometimes make sense if you reset the game enough. . .

---

Gotta hand it to whoever's throwing out the Lunatic questions.  They're things that require research or a lot of knowledge about the series!

Just now, eclipse said:

Lunatic+ from FE12 has it beat, methinks.  At least Awakening's Lunatic+ would sometimes make sense if you reset the game enough. . .

---

Gotta hand it to whoever's throwing out the Lunatic questions.  They're things that require research or a lot of knowledge about the series!

If this is a standard, I don't expect there to be any question anyone can get just by looking at it.

Guess we'll find out how we go forward in an hour and a half.

The answer to the first lunatic question is Marth indeed!

The second lunatic question is here:

In Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, which of the following Tiki cannot be transformed into?
(Once again, I call upon @shadowofchaos, @Ice Dragon, and @SatsumaFSoysoy to check my translation)

• Flying dragon / Wyvern
  • Demon dragon / Mage dragon
  • Ice dragon
  • Earth dragon

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

The answer to the first lunatic question is Marth indeed!

The second lunatic question is here:

In Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem, which of the following Tiki cannot be transformed into?
(Once again, I call upon @shadowofchaos, @Ice Dragon, and @SatsumaFSoysoy to check my translation)

• Flying dragon / Wyvern
  • Demon dragon / Mage dragon
  • Ice dragon
  • Earth dragon

Yeah, that's the gist of it. Awkward phrasing, but eh.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yes. All of the listed dragonstones are obtainable in-game without hacks except for the Earth Dragonstone, which only Mediuth has.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Yes. All of the listed dragonstones are obtainable in-game without hacks except for the Earth Dragonstone, which only Mediuth has.

Yeah, I do remember seeing them in a secret shop in New Mystery except the Earth one, which is obviously enemy-locked..

32 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I notice that the Demon Dragon option is second- do we suspect any reason in particular?

I think it's because people don't expect the cute Tiki to be associated with demons.

Yeah, it appears to be the newbie trap.

"Earth Dragon" looks generic if you don't know anything about Archanea; it wouldn't look out of place next to Ice Dragon, for example.