Official Twitter quiz for Orbs and Feathers

VincentASM

Ah yes. I remember Earth Dragons being unplayable, and unfightable (until the last chapter). For a second I thought it was Ice Dragon cause I misread the question

EDIT: You couldn't fight them until then, correct? Its been a while. 

Edited by Falcom

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Ah yes. I remember Earth Dragons being unplayable, and unfightable (until the last chapter). For a second I thought it was Ice Dragon cause I misread the question

EDIT: You couldn't fight them until then, correct? Its been a while. 

The only Earth Dragon in the game is Book 1 Mediuth, who is the Book 1 final chapter boss.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The only Earth Dragon in the game is Book 1 Mediuth, who is the Book 1 final chapter boss.

I was referring to FE3/FE12 (Book 2). But that's odd. There was no other Earth Dragons in Shadow Dragon?

1 minute ago, Falcom said:

I was referring to FE3/FE12 (Book 2). But that's odd. There was no other Earth Dragons in Shadow Dragon?

In Book 2, there's one Earth Dragon that appears in Ch.20. 

36 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

In Book 2, there's one Earth Dragon that appears in Ch.20. 

Oh yeah. Guess there's that too. I keep thinking only the last chapter where the Earth Dragons (except Mediuth) continue to poof out of existence every time they spawn.

Edited by Falcom

Earth dragon was indeed the correct answer.

Now, it's time for lunatic question number three!

Who of the following rules over a kingdom?

• Vigarde
  • Arvis
  • Zephiel
  • Sanaki
Edited by Vaximillian

Somewhat disappointingly easy for me, though I could imagine someone tripping over the wording easily.

But why is Sanaki here? She's an Empress and a girl! I'd understand if it were a Queen, but an Empress who goes by Apostle?

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Somewhat disappointingly easy for me, though I could imagine someone tripping over the wording easily.

But why is Sanaki here? She's an Empress and a girl! I'd understand if it were a Queen, but an Empress who goes by Apostle?

Because true fans would know sanaki is easily mistaken for a boy, especially with her hairstyle and red nail polish

Spoiler

Obviously I'm lying here,

Maybe to catch people off guard?

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Because true fans would know sanaki is easily mistaken for a boy, especially with her hairstyle and red nail polish

In fairness, this looks pretty masculine:

Sanaki.png.4646cc4090fe514b1e64a62351efdfe0.png

But when her newer art looks like this:

Sanaki.PNG.aca7bac357e418217a01a49248085a50.PNG

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

In fairness, this looks pretty masculine:

Sanaki.png.4646cc4090fe514b1e64a62351efdfe0.png

But when her newer art looks like this:

Sanaki.PNG.aca7bac357e418217a01a49248085a50.PNG

PoR mugs > RD mugs. PoR's are crisp and determined, RD's are bored and blurry.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

PoR mugs > RD mugs. PoR's are crisp and determined, RD's are bored and blurry.

...I can't argue with that, entirely on the basis I don't have an argument ready.

But really, my point was her design, and those were the pictures I had ready. PoR's short hair and conservative robe makes her look much more gender-neutral than her long hair and... whatever it is her robe's doing in that game.

I still guessed she was a girl first time I saw her (...it was a while ago, though, so I don't remember), in contrast to Arvis, who I never thought was a girl, despite being very confused about Midir and Dew.

55 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

"King" is gender neutral in Japanese, as is the case with most nouns.

In the Japanese version, Sanaki uses the same "Emperor" kanji for Vigarde and Arvis.

Sadly, there's no accurate way to present this question to English fans. Except maybe "which of these characters rules over a kingdom?" Even still, it's not a very intuitive question.

Edited by VincentASM

1 minute ago, VincentASM said:

"King" is gender neutral in Japanese, as is the case with most nouns.

In the Japanese version, Sanaki uses the same "Emperor" kanji for Vigarde and Arvis.

Sadly, there's no accurate way to present this question to English fans. Except maybe "which of these characters rules over a kingdom?"

Eh, that makes sense. I don't think there's another Emperor hanging around, too.

3 minutes ago, VincentASM said:

Sadly, there's no accurate way to present this question to English fans. Except maybe "which of these characters rules over a kingdom?" Even still, it's not a very intuitive question.

Yes, thank you very much! I pondered a tiny bit about the phrasing but came up with nothing.

That's why I'm a teacher and not a translator, heh.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Eh, that makes sense. I don't think there's another Emperor hanging around, too.

I think FE tends to have at most one empire at a time. I guess empires are pretty big and there's not enough space on the continent for more : P

Also, I just remembered, there's a oversight in the Radiant Dawn support conversations where Sanaki is actually referred to as a "King", haha. Man, I need to find that screenshot again...

Just now, VincentASM said:

I think FE tends to have at most one empire at a time. I guess empires are pretty big and there's not enough space on the continent for more : P

Also, I just remembered, there's a oversight in the Radiant Dawn support conversations where Sanaki is actually referred to as a "King", haha. Man, I need to find that screenshot again...

The Lunatic 1 flashbacks... how's Sanaki doing again?

Arvis rules a kingdom as well doesnt he? i think Zephel just rules a part of a continent. but im not sure if thats what its looking for.

1 minute ago, Thany said:

Arvis rules a kingdom as well doesnt he? i think Zephel just rules a part of a continent. but im not sure if thats what its looking for.

At the start, he rules over a duchy. In Gen 2, he rules over the Grannvale Empire as mentioned.

So he never rules over a kingdom per se, not is he ever king.