Official Twitter quiz for Orbs and Feathers

VincentASM

Hard question number two is here! (I hope I didn't screw up the translation)

Which of the following is an area-of-effect skill in Heroes?

• Bonfire
  • Glimmer
  • Draconic Aura
  • Rising Flame

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are actually interesting difficulty methods. Really encourages playerbase information sharing, because good luck F2P players hoping to have a chance of seeing these skills enough to be able to identify them by name.

I think this one isn't too bad, but it's harder since few players here play in Japanese or know the Japanese skill names.

I knew it wasn't 2 or 3, but I couldn't tell which of 1 or 4 was Rising/Blazing/Growing Flame. In the end I went with my gut feeling.

Edited by VincentASM

7 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Hard question number two is here! (I hope I didn't screw up the translation)

Which of the following is an area-of-effect skill in Heroes?
  • Bonfire
  • Glimmer
  • Draconic Aura
  • Rising Flame

Making me realize just how much more awesome the skill names are in Japanese than in English (no doubt due to character limits because most English words aren't typically one character long).

• Scarlet Flame
  • Star of Misfortune (i.e. a comet or meteor)
  • Draconic Rend (which is why tear marks appear across the screen)
  • Destructive Fire ("break" as in rocks or waves)

Also, I can confirm you have the skills' correct names.

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Making me realize just how much more awesome the skill names are in Japanese than in English (no doubt due to character limits because most English words aren't typically one character long).

• Scarlet Flame
  • Star of Misfortune (i.e. a comet or meteor)
  • Draconic Rend (which is why tear marks appear across the screen)
  • Destructive Fire ("break" as in rocks or waves)

Also, I can confirm you have the skills' correct names.

... those names are so much more awesome o_o

Hard question number three is here! 

When was the first entry in the Fire Emblem series, Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light released on the NES?

• July 15th, 1983
  • February 21st, 1986
  • April 20th, 1990
  • March 14th, 1992
Edited by Vaximillian

Huh, I always figured it was an earlier year. Had to look it up to make sure, but knowing the anniversary was enough to go on, since that's been relevant a few times recently.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Huh, I always figured it was an earlier year. Had to look it up to make sure, but knowing the anniversary was enough to go on, since that's been relevant a few times recently.

Yeah, same here. Being a 1990 title means Gaiden has to come out after the SFC, and for some reason, I didn't think Fire Emblem would do that.

Apparently, Thracia wasn't on my mind.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Yeah, same here. Being a 1990 title means Gaiden has to come out after the SFC, and for some reason, I didn't think Fire Emblem would do that.

Apparently, Thracia wasn't on my mind.

Now that you mention it, that's happened a lot. Both FE2 and FE5 were released after the following home console, FE8's worldwide release was after the DS (its Japanese release was shortly before it), and now we're about to get FE15 after the Switch has been released. Even FE4 was released only about a month before the N64.

I do like that name "Star of Misfortune" but I like "Glimmer" too because it reminds me of Starlight Glimmer in My Little Pony. lol She turned out to be a pretty fascinating character. But anyway, pretty sure that answer is Rising Flame.

I don't have a Twitter, so I can't answer the questions, but hopefully the right answers are always picked the most often! I really want those feathers and orbs. :P

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Now that you mention it, that's happened a lot. Both FE2 and FE5 were released after the following home console, FE8's worldwide release was after the DS (its Japanese release was shortly before it), and now we're about to get FE15 after the Switch has been released. Even FE4 was released only about a month before the N64.

...Isn't FE15 a Switch title, and thus kind of exempt from this concern?

(Sadly, I don't think FE12 is close enough to the 3DS to replace it as an example. Maybe it's theoretical worldwide release might've followed in FE8's footsteps...)

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...Isn't FE15 a Switch title, and thus kind of exempt from this concern?

(Sadly, I don't think FE12 is close enough to the 3DS to replace it as an example. Maybe it's theoretical worldwide release might've followed in FE8's footsteps...)

I think he's counting the Gaiden remake, since we count the remakes of FE1/3 as 11/12.

Just now, Glaceon Mage said:

I think he's counting the Gaiden remake, since we count the remakes of FE1/3 as 11/12.

Ah, right... the Switch potentially succeeding the 3DS is not a thought that occurs to me regularly. But mentioning FE12 in the same thought should've jogged my memory, yes.

oh yeah for anyone who isn't aware, the last answer is actually gaiden's release date

i thought the others would probably all be fire emblem release dates but they're all before the actual answer

i guess they didn't want to make it too hard

5 hours ago, unique said:

oh yeah for anyone who isn't aware, the last answer is actually gaiden's release date

i thought the others would probably all be fire emblem release dates but they're all before the actual answer

i guess they didn't want to make it too hard

Hey, I screwed up and voted '86.

Though who voted for the '83 option, I'll never understand.

2 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Hey, I screwed up and voted '86.

Though who voted for the '83 option, I'll never understand.

the 83 one is the release date of the NES, so I guess maybe some people thought it was a launch title

i looked that up because I thought that might've been the 86 one but apparently it's not so i'm not sure where that one came from

edit: the 86 one is the release date of the first zelda

i thought it was probably some other nes game so that was the first i checked after mario

Edited by unique

1 minute ago, unique said:

the 83 one is the release date of the NES, so I guess maybe some people thought it was a launch title

i looked that up because I thought that might've been the 86 one but apparently it's not so i'm not sure where that one came from

Really? I've always judged the NES's launch by the '85 title Super Mario Bros. Hm.

I didn't have any luck either. Maybe the launch of Zelda or something?

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Really? I've always judged the NES's launch by the '85 title Super Mario Bros. Hm.

I didn't have any luck either. Maybe the launch of Zelda or something?

i edited it before you said this but i'm surprised that you managed to get it in one guess

1 minute ago, unique said:

i edited it before you said this but i'm surprised that you managed to get it in one guess

I seem to recall something about Zelda and Fire Emblem being associated in some way. Maybe it's just they're both fantasy games about pantsless swordsmen defeating a beast ravaging their kingdom that started a franchise that still exists today.

It's probably also the reason I voted for '86.