Official Twitter quiz for Orbs and Feathers

VincentASM

Just now, phineas81707 said:

I seem to recall something about Zelda and Fire Emblem being associated in some way. Maybe it's just they're both fantasy games about pantsless swordsmen defeating a beast ravaging their kingdom that started a franchise that still exists today.

It's probably also the reason I voted for '86.

yeah i'm pretty sure it's probably because of the whole "nes game about guy with sword who kills evil beast" thing

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard question number four is here!

“Oh, heavens no. I would sooner compare you to a filthy, disease-ridden mutt!” Whose line is this?
(“Comparing you and my brother is like comparing a turkey to a peacock!” for an earlier, more literal translation because why not)

• Lachesis
  • Elise
  • Eirika
  • Clarine

I like this question, though I don't remember Elise being quite so... overt with Xander/Leo/MCorrin. Can someone confirm which one it was?

Classic line, but in the end, it is much more because of its recipient and his reaction... which helps jog your memory.

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I like this question, though I don't remember Elise being quite so... overt with Xander/Leo/MCorrin. Can someone confirm which one it was?

Classic line, but in the end, it is much more because of its recipient and his reaction... which helps jog your memory.

I have to admit, I haven't played Fates, so I've no idea how Elise compares other people with her brothers and whether she does at all.

I stll did my share of googling so that I can hope I attributed the right translation to the line.

Sounds like either Lachesis or Clarine to me. Unfortunately, I'm not 100% sure which one, both ladies are quite ... well, quite sharp-tongued about how much they adore their elder brother.

EDIT: Okay. If SF's FE6 script translation is correct, it's Clarine.

https://serenesforest.net/binding-blade/scripts/translation-script/chapter-4-the-collapse-of-the-alliance/

Clarine:

“Comparing you and my brother is like comparing a turkey to a peacock!”

Edited by Sunwoo

23 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I have to admit, I haven't played Fates, so I've no idea how Elise compares other people with her brothers and whether she does at all.

I stll did my share of googling so that I can hope I attributed the right translation to the line.

I haven't either, but Eirika doesn't really compare others to her brother either: it's mostly others comparing themselves to Ephraim. Looking at Innes and Lyon in particular. Elise doesn't even have that kind of reputation.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Sounds like either Lachesis or Clarine to me. Unfortunately, I'm not 100% sure which one, both ladies are quite ... well, quite sharp-tongued about how much they adore their elder brother.

I'll admit to tripping up there, too. I found the answer in the villain:

Spoiler

Genealogy doesn't really have anyone as vain and egotistical for Lachesis to give that particular lashing to. In fact, I don't think Lachesis was ever in this situation to begin with (something I can also say about Eirika, despite Valter's existence).

It's Clarine, I'm almost 100% certain. Lachesis has a small rant in chapter 1 about how she can't stand men as conceited as Elliot (some enemy, I suppose) and that she needs a man a calibre of her brother.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

I'll admit to tripping up there, too. I found the answer in the villain:

Hide contents

Genealogy doesn't really have anyone as vain and egotistical for Lachesis to give that particular lashing to. In fact, I don't think Lachesis was ever in this situation to begin with (something I can also say about Eirika, despite Valter's existence).

Well, speaking of Lachesis,

Spoiler

She did have Elliot trying to abduct her (inspired by GandolfMunnir's example? I'unno), and I almost remember her telling him off, if not face-to-face, then in a convo with one of her triplets.

I've got an LP of the game in my bookmarks, but I couldn't locate the conversation in Chapter 1. I did see the mention in Chapter 2, though.

On a slightly unrelated note, I just remembered that I saved the image of that line on my computer. I don't browse those often, but it's kind of a funny coincidence.

Spoiler

58d79daca11f3_Clarineisawesome.png.927dd442290b8a412371e2c348f39545.png

I don't know which line is agreed to be the more accurate at this moment, but I think subjectively, I prefer this one.

EDIT: The LP of this game I've got on bookmark has the 'turkey to a peacock' version, and that's not even a direct screencap. Where did I even get this?

Edited by phineas81707

Ahaha, I always did like that line for how thoroughly owned Narcian gets.  Clarine's showing in Chapter 4 really is pretty great, between the aforementioned quip at Narcian, the interactions with Rutger, and basically forcing Roy to protect her, it really is quite funny.

33 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

EDIT: Okay. If SF's FE6 script translation is correct, it's Clarine.

https://serenesforest.net/binding-blade/scripts/translation-script/chapter-4-the-collapse-of-the-alliance/

The first version of the line I've given is from gringe's (newer) patch, the second (which is used on SF's FE6 script translation section) is from DarkTwilkitri's (older) one.

Ha, even though I never played FE6, I knew the answer because that was where I quit watching an LP of the game. lol That scene wasn't the reason I stopped though, I was just getting bored with it in general.

Edited by Anacybele

Hey guys.

Never thought to ping person who doesn't use translation patches? I was tweeting about this crap earlier in the month... funnily enough.

Edited by shadowofchaos

8 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Never thought to ping person who doesn't use translation patches? I was tweeting about this crap earlier in the month... funnily enough.

I should've indeed but hey, it worked anyway.

That's definitely Clarine.  It's what she says to Narcian when he first visits her.  I remember it because it was absolutely hilarious.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

...Well, damn. Can't even try this one.

Spoiler

The first one. The Flame Barrel is in Archanea, the Marhaut mountains are in Tellius, Nerelas Peak is in Magvel.

Very much googleable actually.

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:
  Hide contents

The first one. The Flame Barrel is in Archanea, the Marhaut mountains are in Tellius, Nerelas Peak is in Magvel.

Very much googleable actually.

...Now I just feel bad. I should've recognised Mt. Neleras from writing a story involving it not that long ago. I honestly wouldn't have picked Flame Barrel out as Archanean anyway, and I honestly forgot (or didn't notice) Marhaut was in Tellius.

Then again, I don't tend to approach multiple choice with the elimination method in mind.

Spoiler

I was more talking about the pride in knowning an answer without using Google than not being able to attain the answer because I don't know it off memory.