Official Twitter quiz for Orbs and Feathers

VincentASM

23 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

It's also probably because the translation uses the Japanese chapter title. The English one is "Burning Falls" instead.

nah it's because I haven't played birthright and don't remember anything about conquest

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, unique said:

nah it's because I haven't played birthright and don't remember anything about conquest

Can't really blame you for that, I still haven't finished my revelation lunatic run because it bored me to death. I was mostly speaking for the fanbase in general though, as I didn't recognise the name at first.

I played Birthright and so I should've known this, but I guess it's been so long since I last touched it that I forgot. >_< I probably would've guessed Demon's Falls anyway though, since the question mentions "Burning Falls."

Huh, I'm a bit surprised this question stumped some people.

I guess it could've been a trick question, but "Demon's Falls" and "Burning Falls" share the same word, so it was the most logical choice.

It was harder in Japanese since "Falls" is written in kanji in the chapter name and katakana for the location. Considering katakana can have multiple interpretations, I bet not everybody would have noticed the connection.

Also, Neleras Peak in Neleras Volcano in the Japanese version, which might explain why it's the 2nd most popular answer.

Edited by VincentASM

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

It's also probably because the translation uses the Japanese chapter title. The English one is "Burning Falls" instead.

People need to be aware of localization changes when it comes to this twitter quiz. It's Japanese oriented after all. And most of you all are getting filtered through someone's translation.

It goes the same way with the listed answers.

Edited by shadowofchaos

1 minute ago, shadowofchaos said:

People need to be aware of localization changes when it comes to this twitter quiz. It's Japanese oriented after all. And most of you all are getting filtered through someone's translation.

I think the biggest concern in that regard has been the one with Clarine's taunt... which does not have an officially released translation.

I guarantee there will be one Lunatic question that this nugget of wisdom will be relevant though.

1 hour ago, shadowofchaos said:

It goes the same way with the listed answers.

Well, much more people on this forum played the games in English than in Japanese.
Those who can play in Japanese don't need these half-assed translations at all, so why bother? That's totally fine.

Edited by Vaximillian

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, much more people on this forum played the games in English than in Japanese.
Those who can play in Japanese don't need these half-assed translations at all, so why bother? That's totally fine.

Well isn't this thread about discussing the correct answer when you don't have an end-all confirmation like what I did with Clarine?

I mean, I'm just saying that it's not as easy as googling it as someone suggested.

18 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Well isn't this thread about discussing the correct answer when you don't have an end-all confirmation like what I did with Clarine?

I mean, I'm just saying that it's not as easy as googling it as someone suggested.

...Lachesis never has a chance to say such scathing things, Eirika doesn't hold Ephraim up on a pedestal, and Elise doesn't worship any brother. Plus, both translations have appeared in patches.

It was kinda gonna be Clarine, is my point.

The first lunatic question is upon us!

@Ice Dragon, @shadowofchaos, does this mean “Which of the following heroes has an animal title (is called after an animal)?” or did I flub it now?
“Which of the following heroes was referred to as a ‘Beast’?” “Which of the following heroes has been called a beast?”
(assistance of our Japanese-speaking members is still needed)

• Seliph
  • Roy
  • Marth
  • Eliwood
Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Ryu Yuki said:

Either way it's probably Roy.

Well, if it says name and if it says animal then it's probably Roy but I want to be sure I understood this correctly.

according to wiki, Marth's last name-exclusive to the anime, "Lowell", means Little Wolf. Maybe this is the reason why many are voting for him

but I think the answer is Roy, the Young Lion.

4 minutes ago, XhenD said:

according to wiki, Marth's last name-exclusive to the anime, "Lowell", means Little Wolf. Maybe this is the reason why many are voting for him

but I think the answer is Roy, the Young Lion.

Okay, that makes sense. I voted Roy since I have him and he's referred to as "Young Lion." Then I panicked seeing Marth and even Eliwood getting more votes than Roy.

Edited by Dual Dragons

2 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

Okay, that makes sense. I voted Roy since I have him and he's referred to as "Young Lion." Then I panicked seeing Marth and even Eliwood getting more votes than Roy.

I would have voted for Roy as well. But sadly I live in Stone Age, I don't have Twitter or Facebook.

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

The question appears to have been mistranslated and has been removed for now. I think it's asking for a specific title that marth was given. Requesting @Ice Dragon and @shadowofchaos to clarify.

Yeah, the translation twitter updated the question already. It seems like Marth really might be the answer after all?

Edited by Ryu Yuki

Yuliya calls Marth and his soldiers "monsters" for storming the castle that Lorenz's rebellion had its main HQ in on Lang's orders and blaming them for Lorenz's death by suicide.

The moral of the story here is that you shouldn't rush to answer. Give it time, watch the progression of votes and the comments on the Japanese twitter, ect.

Edited by RedEyedDrake