Could this be the new Pokemon Switch game?

Water Mage

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A Switch Pokemon game was confirmed awhile ago... This isn't news at all.

I know that, but even so there's interesting new information on the game. And it does seems to imply that development barely began.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

A Switch Pokemon game was confirmed awhile ago... This isn't news at all.

Hasn't everything been rumors and indirect things up until this point? I believe this is our first confirmation that something is indeed being worked on regarding Pokemon and the Switch.

That said, this most likely isn't Stars. It's pretty late in the game to start adding members to a team for Stars, and considering that it's just a port, why would they need a whole new team to make models, among other things?

Edited by Almerson

6 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I know that, but even so there's interesting new information on the game. And it does seems to imply that development barely began.

New information? Where? It just says GameFreak is hiring for its development. That's not really new game info.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

New information? Where? It just says GameFreak is hiring for its development. That's not really new game info.

Pay attention to this part of the article:

“Here’s a chance to work on the development of a globally popular RPG!” The work requires using material to create cartoon-like super deformed characters, monsters, and item models. In addition to work as a modeler, they’ll also be expected to do work on debugging, data work, and more. Experience using animation and modeling software Maya is required."

This part already gives an idea on how the game will look. And the type of software that they will use. 
This by itself is already very interesting. 

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Pay attention to this part of the article:

“Here’s a chance to work on the development of a globally popular RPG!” The work requires using material to create cartoon-like super deformed characters, monsters, and item models. In addition to work as a modeler, they’ll also be expected to do work on debugging, data work, and more. Experience using animation and modeling software Maya is required."

This part already gives an idea on how the game will look. And the type of software that they will use. 
This by itself is already very interesting. 

Yes, I read all that. I just personally didn't find anything interesting about it.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yes, I read all that. I just personally didn't find anything interesting about it.

What do you think '' The work requires using material to create cartoon-like super deformed characters, monsters, and item models.'' stands for then?

A new Yu-Gi-Oh game? 

It also quite interesting because that means they didn't even start on the project yet which means this ''follow up'' pokémon game would take on a greater scale than Emerald and Platinium.

Just now, Nym said:

What do you think '' The work requires using material to create cartoon-like super deformed characters, monsters, and item models.'' stands for then?

A new Yu-Gi-Oh game? 

It also quite interesting because that means they didn't even start on the project yet which means this ''follow up'' pokémon game would take on a greater scale than Emerald and Platinium.

Um, I never said it wasn't a Pokemon game. It's most definitely one. And yeah, if it's going to be on the Switch, which we already know, it should be grander than those games or B2W2. No follow-up in the same generation has been on a different console the other games in that generation. They were always on the same console. So Sun and Moon's third addition being on Switch rather than 3DS is unprecedented and already a hint that it'll be on a grander scale than those games you mentioned.

This article simply confirms what I'd guessed all along, so it's not too interesting to me, okay? Why is anyone bugging me about this?

Speaking of "greater scale", this article also implies that this game is going to be huge. Perhaps the biggest Pokemon RPG to date. The mere fact that Game Freak is hiring people implies this. It's not common knowledge, but Game Freak is actually a pretty small company, and they have a rather small number of employees. If they are hiring more people, that means this project is going to something that they never tried before and it's going to be something bigger than they ever done before.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Um, I never said it wasn't a Pokemon game. It's most definitely one. And yeah, if it's going to be on the Switch, which we already know, it should be grander than those games or B2W2. No follow-up in the same generation has been on a different console the other games in that generation. They were always on the same console. So Sun and Moon's third addition being on Switch rather than 3DS is unprecedented and already a hint that it'll be on a grander scale than those games you mentioned.

This article simply confirms what I'd guessed all along, so it's not too interesting to me, okay? Why is anyone bugging me about this?

My bad, I thought you meant that was nothing important.

Just now, Water Mage said:

Speaking of "greater scale", this article also implies that this game is going to be huge. Perhaps the biggest Pokemon RPG to date. The mere fact that Game Freak is hiring people implies this. It's not common knowledge, but Game Freak is actually a pretty small company, and they have a rather small number of employees. If they are hiring more people, that means this project is going to something that they never tried before and it's going to be something bigger than they ever done before.

Well, the reason why they need new peoples is probably because they are going to make 3D models pokémon like in Colosseum or XD which will require a ton of people to do since the games that I mentionned literally copy pasted the models from the Stadium games.

It's actually not very likely that modelers are actually needed for the Pokemon unless they're going to go superscale and go pokken with everything, which I suppose is in fact a possibility. The 3DS models were future-proofed, made at far, far higher scale than they needed to be for the 3DS' specifications, intended to last for a very long time because making models for the absurd number of Pokemon is an unfathomably large workload they did not want to do again for a long while haha.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

It's probably for Gen VIII, if I were to guess.

But wow, must be a big project.

Isn't it to early for Gen VIII? Then again, I did hear once that Game Freak started working on Gen VII a little after they released the XY games. Could the Gen VIII games be on the Switch?

Just now, Water Mage said:

Isn't it to early for Gen VIII? Then again, I did hear once that Game Freak started working on Gen VII a little after they released the XY games. Could the Gen VIII games be on the Switch?

Games take years to develop.  I imagine the new employees are extra hands for the next completely new paired games, if the workload for them really is bigger than normal.

As soon as the previous completely new games finish up, it's normally straight to the next.  It's like that throughout the business really.  BotW's development for instance, started very shortly after the completion of Skyward Sword.

18 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

If they're hiring now, then it will take a while for the game to come out, like, at least 2 years.

gen viii will surely be on the switch. There's also a probability Stars would be on the switch, but this has probably nothing to do with it, stars would just re use sun moon assets and models, which are already HD.

Edited by Nobody

Hmm, part of me would think that just because they're jumping to the next console gen, it doesn't quite mean it's already the next Pokémon Gen. There's precedent like how Gen III lasted into the DS era (Blue Rescue Team, first Ranger Game, Trozei, and Dash) before they actually entered Gen IV. On the other hand, if it's going to be a big project, like, "core game" big, then this mystery title could might as well be Gen VIII already. Who knows...